peenie

What just happened to the ski girl?

She is just sitting there. 

What was she supposed to do?

4 minutes ago, peenie said:

What was she supposed to do?

Ski down the hill between the colored stakes.  She failed about 5 seconds in.  

I felt bad for her because she was a large favorite, but after sitting there pouting and being in the way for several minutes, I was ready to move on as were the other competitors.

2 hours ago, peenie said:

I just started watching, I caught run 3 of men's big air skiing, do you have a link to what you are talking about?

8 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Ski Bunnies are hot.  

One reason I love skiing and ski resorts. VERY VERY VERY few crapper busting fat focks. I hate obese slobs so much. Probably more than any other race.

Hockey, Cross country skiing and skiing.  Little to no fat focks

It was Mikaela Shiffrin. She was the Gold medal favorite in Slalom and Giant Slalom. An all timer in womens skiing. Skidded out after 5 gates 2 days in a row. 

My favorite Olympian is Nathan Chen.

You'd think a straight guy beating down gays that badly would be a crime

My favorite announcer is the guy that does cross country skiing.  Chad something...the way he goes off at the ends of close races...saying to crazy european names...its unreal.

I think all the crappy fake Chinese homemade snow has something to do with it but everyone is afraid to say it. 

this is the 1st I've heard of anybody watching the Olympics, didn't even know it was going on to be honest.

17 minutes ago, Horseman said:

I think all the crappy fake Chinese homemade snow has something to do with it but everyone is afraid to say it. 

The problem with the snow is it is getting up in the 40's or even close to 50's somedays, however yesterday when they were competing it was freezing.

You can make good fake snow, however any time you have a few warm days followed by a few cold days the snow melts and then freezes into an icy top layer. At that point you can groom it, but even then it is not going to be as nice as the original snow.

I have experience as a skier, but @Masshole would be the expert on making snow.

1 hour ago, edjr said:

My favorite Olympian is Michael Chen.

His brother Nathan is good too.  :thumbsup: 

Just now, jerryskids said:

His brother Nathan is good too.  :thumbsup: 

They all look the same.

38 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

this is the 1st I've heard of anybody watching the Olympics, didn't even know it was going on to be honest.

The chicks in the biathlon are worth a look

11 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Ski Bunnies are hot.  

Bestess camel toes!!!

3 hours ago, Horseman said:

This ^^^

I’m not expert but it looks like the snow is very icy and slippery and too fast. I think they have less friction than they would on real snow. 

18 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Ski down the hill between the colored stakes.  She failed about 5 seconds in.  

I felt bad for her because she was a large favorite, but after sitting there pouting and being in the way for several minutes, I was ready to move on as were the other competitors.

Weren’t there red and then blue stakes? I couldn’t tell exactly when she made the wrong move even though they showed the clip over and over. No one bothered to mention where she was supposed to go exactly and what she missed. I needed the way they use markers on football game replay to show her proper direction. 

I'm reading about it and I'm even more confused:

She skied over the the edge of the course

Giant slalom

Slalom

Alpine skiing courses are lined with brightly colored markers, called gates, which athletes must ski through as they navigate the slope. In the downhill, super-G and giant slalom disciplines, gates are marked by pairs of flags anchored to the snow by flexible plastic poles. Making contact with a flag is allowed, provided that every part of the skier’s body and equipment stays inside the inner-most pole.

Slalom is a bit different. For starters, the gates are made up of single poles rather than larger flags. The poles, alternating in color, indicate various turns the skiers must perform down the hill.

A common misconception is that the color of each pole indicates whether the skiers must go to the right or left of it. While this might often appear to be the case when watching a slalom competition, the color of each pole is simply meant to let the skiers know which gate is up next. It falls upon the athletes to learn the proper combination of turns outlined by the course, which happens during set inspection periods in the hours or days before a race.

Another article says:

Simply put, it means Shiffrin fell and that fall disqualified her from finishing the rest of the course. To take it one step further for confused viewers, it means Shiffrin skis came out from underneath her.

4 hours ago, edjr said:

One reason I love skiing and ski resorts. VERY VERY VERY few crapper busting fat focks. I hate obese slobs so much. Probably more than any other race.

Obesity is not a race.

Here, I finally got it:

Mikaela Shiffrin of the United States loses control and skis off course during the first run of the women's giant slalom.

Why didn't they just say the woman fell, geesh. She fell and it disqualified her. They're like, DNF, she skied out, she missed her gate. Umm, plain english for the know-nots like me at home who just tuned in and haven't got a clue. 

6 minutes ago, posty said:

@peenie:  Ski girl? 

"SAY HER NAME!"

Mikaela Shiffrin!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, edjr said:

Biitch Volleyball too.

37 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Obesity is not a race.

if it was, they'd all end up sweating & out of breath

Just now, wiffleball said:

Biitch Volleyball too.

:thumbsup:   Indoor too, college and up anyway. anything you'd see on TV

you would be hard pressed to find any Winter Olympians that are fat focks. Curling maybe, but I am not sure?

Just now, wiffleball said:

if it was, they'd all end up sweating & out of breath

:lol:  Well played Sir

1 hour ago, peenie said:

I'm reading about it and I'm even more confused:

She skied over the the edge of the course

Giant slalom

Slalom

Another article says:

Simply put, it means Shiffrin fell and that fall disqualified her from finishing the rest of the course. To take it one step further for confused viewers, it means Shiffrin skis came out from underneath her.

The fall didn't "disqualify" her, she missed a gate.  She could technically get up and go back through the gates correctly, but once she went down/off course she was effectively out of the race anyway. 

5 hours ago, Herbivore said:

It was Mikaela Shiffrin. She was the Gold medal favorite in Slalom and Giant Slalom. An all timer in womens skiing. Skidded out after 5 gates 2 days in a row. 

WIMMENS SHOULD BE PAID EQUAL!!!!

8 minutes ago, Bert said:

She sucked and god was watching.

Apparently, only God and Peenie watch chicks sports. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, parrot said:

The fall didn't "disqualify" her, she missed a gate.  She could technically get up and go back through the gates correctly, but once she went down/off course she was effectively out of the race anyway. 

Oh...okay, I see, she fell or slipped AND went out.  That makes sense. Thank you.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2022 at 8:36 AM, edjr said:

My favorite Olympian is Nathan Chen.

He finished his beating of all the gays last night. Curb stomped them into submission and took the gold

• Haha 1

On 2/8/2022 at 9:28 PM, peenie said:

She had a one-person (eventually two), pity party because she's a weak Millennial who couldn't handle losing.  Every other skier who crashed, bottomed out, screwed up, what have you, all managed to walk away without pouting like a little b!tch.