Sign in to follow this  
Bills04

I want to party with Greg Robinson!!

Holy carp!

Free agent OT Greg Robinson was arrested Monday in Thibodaux, La. on nine felony drug charges.

Robinson, 29, was pulled over for a traffic violation around midnight, and a police dog alerted at the presence of narcotics. Officers discovered 38.89 pounds of marijuana, 3.16 pounds of crystal methamphetamine, 2.22 pounds of cocaine, 4 grams of crack cocaine, 227 doses of hydrocodone, 48 doses of oxycodone and 18 doses of alprazolam along with “a large assortment of drug trafficking and packaging equipment/paraphernalia, firearm magazines and ammunition and a small amount of U.S. currency.” It's Robinson's second drug-related arrest in the last two years after he fell out of the league following the 2019 season. Robinson remained in jail Wednesday on $315,000 bond. The former No. 2 overall pick of the Rams is one of the biggest draft busts in recent memory.

Good another loser off the Streets.  

Thank you Jesus. 

Punch, kick and stomp a guy unconscious with a broken eye socket and your bail is $5,000 (Kamara).

Get caught with 40 lbs of marijuana, and your bail is $315,000.

Does this seem skewed?

If it was just the devils lettuce maybe, but you ignored all the other stuff he got caught with, like crack…

7 hours ago, jrokh said:

If it was just the devils lettuce maybe, but you ignored all the other stuff he got caught with, like crack…

It was all drugs--possession of voluntary, recreational drugs.  To me, that's not 63 times worse ($315,000 / $5,000) than attempted murder (or even felony battery).

Your morals may vary.

• Like 1

Someone that buys those drugs could die using them.  

7 hours ago, AxeElf said:

It was all drugs--possession of voluntary, recreational drugs.  To me, that's not 63 times worse ($315,000 / $5,000) than attempted murder (or even felony battery).

Your morals may vary.

First of all, my limited knowledge of bail is that the calculus has as almost as much to do with the flight risk of the accused as it does with the degree of the crime. Second, as a pseudo-libertarian, I don't have a problem with the idea of all drugs being legal. But they aren't, and that wasn't my point. I wasn't quibbling about which crime is worse and to what degree the bail should be set. I am too lazy to look it up, but I would bet the house that the ratio of people who die due to fentanyl overdose vs those who die to nightclub altercations is even higher than the bail ratio you seem so perturbed over. Perhaps it is your morals that could use a makeover....

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

I wasn't quibbling about which crime is worse and to what degree the bail should be set.

Well then, perhaps you shouldn't have said anything at all, since that WAS the point of my post.

If you want to continue jabbering about it, fine, but it's not important enough to me to pursue any further remedial education on the matter.

Have fun!

10 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Your morals may vary.

it also depends on what state you are in.

strange thing is that(correct me if I'm wrong on this) weed is still illegal federally but legal in many states.

there are lots of things to consider.  weed you often buy on the street isnt just weed.  lots of times it is laced with cocaine or some other drug.   we dont know this for sure.  but seeing as he had a cocktail of many drugs on him, there is lots of things to consider.

the other thing to consider is the huge size of the drugs.  possession with intent to distribute/sell has never been legalized other than businesses who have a licence to do so.

that said, the other drugs were some harder drugs too, so there is that as well.    unfortunately we do not know all of the facts so its hard to judge.  but generally the govt has always thrown the book at drug dealers as they corrupt our children and hurt society. (not my words)  so it is not surprising that hes facing a larger bail.   That said, the beating delivered by Kamara feels like something that should have had a larger bail set for him.   50k is nothing.  but at the same time, Bail is often set not just based on the charge, it is often set based on an estimate of the chances the person will run away and not face the charges if they let him out of jail until the hearing.

Kamara is a first time offender (to my knowledge) and has a high paying job to come back to.  it is likely in his best interest to defend himself and to show up to deal with it. failing to do so terminates his employment.

Robinson, on the other hand, is a repeat offender and likely has nothing keeping him here.  he could jump bail and try to leave the country if he feels hes gonna do some significant jail time.

Thats why his bail is likely higher

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Well then, perhaps you shouldn't have said anything at all, since that WAS the point of my post.

If you want to continue jabbering about it, fine, but it's not important enough to me to pursue any further remedial education on the matter.

Have fun!

Well then perhaps next time you won’t be so disingenuous and misrepresent the facts. That way it won’t be quite so easy to take you to school. Tootles…

10 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Your morals may vary.

I'm just gonna guess, but his morals likely involve not voting for leftist soft-on-crime types and then whining about it when the consequences of their vote come home to roost.

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

50k is nothing.

The 5k that Kamara got for felony battery was ten times less than "nothing," while a guy in possession of drugs gets more than six times "nothing"; hence my widely misunderstood protest.

2 hours ago, jrokh said:

That way it won’t be quite so easy to take you to school. Tootles…

You just can't make this stuff up.

I think the word you're searching for is "Toodles."

Class dismissed.

2 hours ago, jrokh said:

Well then perhaps next time you won’t be so disingenuous and misrepresent the facts.

If you see a fact that has been misrepresented, the discussion would be better served to simply present it, and the correction--rather than just implying that misrepresentation has taken place as a personal attack.  As it stands, there has been no demonstration of misrepresented facts.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

If you see a fact that has been misrepresented, the discussion would be better served to simply present it, and the correction--rather than just implying that misrepresentation has taken place as a personal attack.  As it stands, there has been no demonstration of misrepresented facts.

I saw an omission of the salient part of the facts and I called you out on it. Your discomfort at that turn of events doesn’t really concern me. Nice comeback on the auto-correct spelling error though…

come on boys.  the important thing is both parties broke the law and both got arrested.  That is the important thing.   As for the bail, there is a formula l think they follow, and part of that is whether it is a first offense (or not)  which may result in the discrepancy that Axe is cheesed about.    if you are really upset about it, you should take it up the someone in the criminal justice system.  most here dont have the time to go look up laws and rules and figure out whats fair.

at the end of the day if a person on bail runs, it is the bail bondsman who needs to deal with it.  my understanding is that this process is privatized, the bail bondsman has the right not to put up the bail if they think there is a chance their money is at risk or that the risk is too great.  so if either of them run, we call up Dawg the Bounty hunter and he will go get him.  (wouldnt THAT be a story)

chill boys.  I can think of better things to fight over than this.

its the offseason.    enjoy your spring/summer