Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

2022 Free Agent Tracker

Very good pick up by the Bengals, and a great landing spot for H Hurst, the Bengals won’t miss the over valued CJ.  

Nice pick up for the Rams, A Robinson is going to be a good pick up for them, their goes V Jefferson stock, or maybe the team might try to move Woods? 

25 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Nice pick up for the Rams, A Robinson is going to be a good pick up for them, their goes V Jefferson stock, or maybe the team might try to move Woods? 

Woods is on a cheap deal through 2025.  More likely they don't resign OBJ

7 minutes ago, nobody said:

Woods is on a cheap deal through 2025.  More likely they don't resign OBJ

yeah, OBJ is on his second ACL surgery on the same knee.   its possible he may not even return to play pro football.

but given the dollars spent on WR now, I cant see the Rams signing him too.

I’m not even considering Beckham, he won’t be back.  

I wonder how much they like V Jefferson, I think they might move Woods.  

All of these moves by AFC West teams and none of them will even make the AFC Championship game.  They'll all be watching the Bills and Bengals from home, watching them fight it out to see who gets the misfortune of getting spanked in the Super Bowl by Tampa.

34 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

All of these moves by AFC West teams and none of them will even make the AFC Championship game.  They'll all be watching the Bills and Bengals from home, watching them fight it out to see who gets the misfortune of getting spanked in the Super Bowl by Tampa.

You mean like last season?

G Everett now with the Chargers, he’s going to be very good double digit round te.  

The Bengals just got Joe Burrow some protection, they signed for Cowboys RT Lael Collins to a 3 year deal

Smart move.  

3 hours ago, polecatt said:

The Bengals just got Joe Burrow some protection, they signed for Cowboys RT Lael Collins to a 3 year deal

they spent a lot of draft capital on this kid.  they should invest in some protection.

it still amazes me how many teams will trade a pile of draft picks to move up and draft a QB and then put him behind a shite line.

as rookies tend to hold the ball a little longer and take more sacks, its also a recipe for getting them hurt too if the line is subpar.  honestly even if you have to trade away a good player in another position to get an O lineman who can keep your QB from getting killed,  that should be done.  or at least get a line coach in there known for being able to fix these issues.

I have found O line is harder to fix than a lot of other areas on a team.   

from a planning perspective, when your starting QB starts getting older, they likely need more protection as their ability to run has faded with age.   This is usually a good time to draft one or two O linemen.   The general rule is if you want an immediate impact, you need to draft a Tackle in round 1 or early round 2.   but if you think you can develop them within a year or two, that same talent you can get a round or two later, get em on a workout program and coach em up.

so the key is planning.  you plug one or two of those holes before your starter retires then you can draft your new QB, sign a player and that line is solid for at least a year or two while your QB learns the ropes.

but drafting a QB when your line is crap usually doesnt end well.    sure there are cases where it turns out fine, but thats rare.   if your rookie QB is Running for their life usually you are ruining your top pick before they have even shown what they can do.

Dolphins made a great move picking up oline Armstead. 

On 3/23/2022 at 6:22 PM, Horseman said:

Tracker is quite a bit out of date.

I try and update it every morning for the moves made the previous day, but I was a couple days behind this week. Keep in mind, there is often a delay from when a signing in announced and when it actually becomes official and clears the league transaction wire.

• Thanks 1

Amble of opportunities with KC.  

Zona and D Williams should for a very good match, very good landing spot for him. Takes care of Ingram.