Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

Failure of the public education system

I wanted to quit clogging up the Covid thread and others with posts that deserve their own attention.  Post all things in public education that is making public schools, in general, to spiral down the toilet. I'm gonna start with this clown that I posted about earlier.  He's obviously a groomer and destroys every piece of teacher/parent/student trust.  Fuk this POS.

This little lass must have put a on a fresh pair of Mooneys smarty pants  this morning.  I guess she's cool with telling parents to "get bent".  Meh, they were probably nosy Holocaust deniers so they deserved it.

This is a worthy thread. 

I do personally know a lot of teachers who are normal though, the internet can find all the weirdos.  It's like anything else, the squeaky wheels get the grease.  I do feel like that disclaimer is needed.

Albeit the disclaimer I think the overwhelming issue is there are more of the weirdos than we thought. The wolves have come out of their sheeps clothing.    It is eye opening and as a parent of elementary and middle school kids,  over half of my circle of friends and family either go to charter schools or private schools now.  Some homeschool. 

• Like 1

This union boss thinks it's "good news" that Covid cases are so high that kids need to stay masked.  She must have purchased the Randi W starter kit.

3 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

This is a worthy thread. 

I do personally know a lot of teachers who are normal though, the internet can find all the weirdos.  It's like anything else, the squeaky wheels get the grease.    I think the overwhelming issue is there are more of the weirdos than we thought. The sheeps have come out of their clothing.    It is eye opening and as a parent of elementary and middle school kids,  over half of my circle of friends and family either go to charter schools or private schools now.  Some homeschool. 

Yes, and we need the left to be squealing about bad teachers like they did bad cops.  Good teachers are complicit if they don't expose the sh!tbags. That's the rule.  

• Thanks 2

I've been told education is as transparent as it's ever been.  I guess parents are just getting too damn nosy if the unions need to mount a fight against transparency.

Hardcore Troubadour and Utittybaby99.

Crassic examples of a failed education system. 

😖

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

😖

THANK YOU, truer words have NEVER EVER been spoken. Those 2 shidiots are WAY out there. The one (utility belt or whatever he/she/it is) keeps calling me TDs...........I've never been called a touchdown.

36 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

This little lass must have put a on a fresh pair of Mooneys smarty pants  this morning.  I guess she's cool with telling parents to "get bent".  Meh, they were probably nosy Holocaust deniers so they deserved it.

Nice nose ring. She’s so edgy. 

Qualifications:

I do know many expats and foreign nationals. You read stories from @Voltaire and it makes you wonder about the Chinese education and you hear stories from other expats and it paints a broader picture. Other countries may produce better results,  but at what cost.

My current boss is Brazilian, my last boss was from Argentina, my current and past coworkers cover many different countries from Sweden to Russia to Venezuela to UK.Since I have young kids in elementary school I have been talking about education with many different people.

I have talked with these foreigners about schooling and different types of school systems both in Houston and globally.

Stats:

There are 3.6 million teachers in the US. Think about that for a moment. I am not going to congratulate you for finding some crazy teachers on the internet because there are many crazy teachers. The internet and the pool of teachers is both large enough you can probably found thousands of examples and yet it is still not a major issue.

Level of concern:

Hardly any. I admit a crappy teacher sucks, we can all look back and probably find one in our own life. However when speaking with people that have experience in other countries i am not terribly concerned that america is heading down the wrong path.

Going forward:

I think we should pay teachers more. I think this would increase the quality of teachers, because people that would become accountants, engineers, actuaries, etc, etc, could become teachers instead.

TL:DR

I have two young kids, so of course i have been reading and discussing education, we are alright.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I am not going to congratulate you for finding some crazy teachers on the internet because there are many crazy teachers.

This is just a tiny piece of the puzzle

In this day and age anybody wanting to be a teacher or cop is crazy. Too many idiots, shidiots, and people so dumb they don't know what to do when a cop yells HALT............pathetic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, huskyhater75 said:

In this day and age anybody wanting to be a teacher or cop is crazy. Too many idiots, shidiots, and people so dumb they don't know what to do when a cop yells HALT............pathetic.

You're getting close.  Keep thinking.........

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

This is just a tiny piece of the puzzle

I respect your opinion, I respect what you do for work, and perhaps most important when I have asked your opinion in the past on subjects I have taken it to heart.

What you quoted was just a fraction of what i wrote and when taken apart from the greater quote it looks out of context. That quote does not encompass my entire opinion on the matter of teachers.

Yes, it is true, but it is a small fraction of my opinion on the US education system.

Just now, MTSkiBum said:

I respect your opinion, I respect what you do for work, and perhaps most important when I have asked your opinion in the past on subjects I have taken it to heart. I remember what I read.

What you quoted was just a fraction of what i wrote and when taken apart from the greater quote it looks out of context. That quote does not encompass my entire opinion on the matter of teachers.

What I meant was that, although most of what I highlighted was crazy teachers, they are a just a piece of the puzzle.  They wouldn't act like this if they weren't enabled to.

20 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

What I meant was that, although most of what I highlighted was crazy teachers, they are a just a piece of the puzzle.  They wouldn't act like this if they weren't enabled to.

I agree completely with your statement, our teachers are enabled. Our country gives the teachers complete freedom(enablement) to be liberal a$sholes and encourage kids about transgender issues before puberty. This does seem crazy if taken as a single data point. Think about that for a minute. We have teachers in the US that actively encourage students to choose a different gender.

However, you have to compare this to canada where they are freezing bank accounts of peaceful protesters. In my opinion it is important to enable the autonomy of our workers. Even when it sucks, because if we do not then we could become Canada/trudeau.

There are 2 different strategies that you can employ as a parent , you can play the odds and most likely your kids will end up with good teachers. Or plan B, you can actively parent and steer your kid towards the future. I fully admit plan B is not available to much of america, there are many kids with only 1 parent that are hoping for the best on plan A, but that is still not bad odds when compared to the rest of the world.

• Like 1

Crap, second post where I post opposite viewpoints.

I agree that crappy teachers should be called out. I am not disagreeing with the premise of the thread.

But on the other hand I also oppose cancel culture more than you could possibly imagine. So when a crappy teacher gets caught online I almost always would argue forgiveness.

There are no correct answers to subjects such as these.

12 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I agree that crappy teachers should be called out. I am not disagreeing with the premise of the thread.

But on the other hand I also oppose cancel culture more than you could possibly imagine. So when a crappy teacher gets caught online I almost always would argue forgiveness.

It's not cancelling someone when they are simply bad at their job or disruptive to their work environment by not serving their customers.

4 hours ago, huskyhater75 said:

THANK YOU, truer words have NEVER EVER been spoken. Those 2 shidiots are WAY out there. The one (utility belt or whatever he/she/it is) keeps calling me TDs...........I've never been called a touchdown.

No??? Feces are in your immediate future.Yellow flags from zebras I hope with a mix of instant replay with whining dooshes compliance about inflated bawls, which you do NOT have, Bawls!!! Continue.. I’m enjoying your turdness. 

4 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

😖

And yet I'm successful, smart, healthy and happy in life.

You have a strange definition of failure.  

4 hours ago, huskyhater75 said:

So in your head. :lol:

Keep following me, you may learn a few things and possibly get over your TDS. 

Both my daughters like and are thriving in the Chinese school system. Unfortuntaely, the school day is long and here is too much rote memorization. They also have to enudre CCP indoctrination which makes me ill. Fortunately, The CCP indoctination isn't going too well. The upside of China is that I also don't have to worry about the leftoids in the US system indocrinating them in CRT or grooming them into LGBTQ nonsense.

As for my son, that's not the case. He got chewed up and spit out by the Chinese system. We pulled him out and he has a 70% scholarship where he's been taking online classes through a US private school out of Kansas City. A large part of my cutting back on FFToday this past half year has been due to spending more time with him as a homeschool dad, although this arrangement with an accredited school makes it all much easier.

Originally, I had planned to have the kids finish their 11th and12th grade year in the US living with my sister but I don't really trust the US public school system. That's nothing against the local school where my sister lives, I have no evidence it's woke and I do appreciate that parents around the country are alert to the transgretions going on in the schools. I just don't want to take the chance, The girls will go through the Chinese system then transfer to the online school my son uses for 12th grade and graduate from there, which I already know of and approve.

9 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

There are 3.6 million teachers in the US. Think about that for a moment. I am not going to congratulate you for finding some crazy teachers on the internet because there are many crazy teachers. The internet and the pool of teachers is both large enough you can probably found thousands of examples and yet it is still not a major issue.

My first thought. The usual outrage mongers will keep going though. It’s what they know.

8 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

Forgiveness for indoctrination of other peoples children, be it politically or the lgbtq agenda? I wonder if you would call for forgiveness if teachers were tying to get kids to become Christian. I wouldn’t forgive any of it.  That person should not be around children.  Especially mine. 

4 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Dude needs a manzier.

Good thing he has that mask on to keep the children safe. I guess the Covid doesn’t get out or in every time HE takes it off. You, kids on the other hand, need to keep wearing it at all times. Except in the cafeteria. That’s a Covid free zone.  

9 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

Qualifications:

I do know many expats and foreign nationals. You read stories from @Voltaire and it makes you wonder about the Chinese education and you hear stories from other expats and it paints a broader picture. Other countries may produce better results,  but at what cost.

My current boss is Brazilian, my last boss was from Argentina, my current and past coworkers cover many different countries from Sweden to Russia to Venezuela to UK.Since I have young kids in elementary school I have been talking about education with many different people.

I have talked with these foreigners about schooling and different types of school systems both in Houston and globally.

Stats:

Level of concern:

Hardly any. I admit a crappy teacher sucks, we can all look back and probably find one in our own life. However when speaking with people that have experience in other countries i am not terribly concerned that america is heading down the wrong path.

Going forward:

I think we should pay teachers more. I think this would increase the quality of teachers, because people that would become accountants, engineers, actuaries, etc, etc, could become teachers instead.

TL:DR

I have two young kids, so of course i have been reading and discussing education, we are alright.

Perhaps not, but perhaps it is.  During a teacher's career how many young minds, young lives do they touch.  Maybe 25 a year for 40 years.  Maybe those thousand lives have a thousand siblings and two thousand friends, all of whom who, through conversation, are exposed to the thoughts that can cross the line from education to indoctrination.  I don't know, maybe the exposure to ideas does not "take".  I know I personally rejected most of the sound advice I received as a young person.  I wanted to make my mistakes on my own without help from anyone.

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Good thing he has that mask on to keep the children safe. I guess the Covid doesn’t get out or in every time HE takes it off. You, kids on the other hand, need to keep wearing it at all times. Except in the cafeteria. That’s a Covid free zone.  

Is it a mask or a spooge dribble diaper?

I'm not as concerned with the amount of crappy teachers.  I think they're a pretty small percentage of all teachers.  There are crappy people in every profession.  I'd like to see our teachers given more support and pay.  I'd like to see a little more power given back to the teachers and less power to the students and parents.  The way students and parents treat teachers now has gotten out of hand.  I'd be alright if it went back to the days when Sisters were teacher and they would smack your hand with a ruler for misbehaving.  Whatever happened to students being responsible for their actions?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Perhaps not, but perhaps it is.  During a teacher's career how many young minds, young lives do they touch.  Maybe 25 a year for 40 years.  Maybe those thousand lives have a thousand siblings and two thousand friends, all of whom who, through conversation, are exposed to the thoughts that can cross the line from education to indoctrination.  I don't know, maybe the exposure to ideas does not "take".  I know I personally rejected most of the sound advice I received as a young person.  I wanted to make my mistakes on my own without help from anyone.

25 students seems a bit low unless it's a school where the teacher only has the same kids the whole year.  In my experience, students will have different teachers for certain subjects.  Teachers in smaller schools will spend time with every student in their grade.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

25 students seems a bit low unless it's a school where the teacher only has the same kids the whole year.  In my experience, students will have different teachers for certain subjects.  Teachers in smaller schools will spend time with every student in their grade.

For the purposes of the discussion I picked figures I thought would not be dismissed as inflated irresponsibly to make my point.  I agree the true figure is likely higher.  

5 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

For the purposes of the discussion I picked figures I thought would not be dismissed as inflated irresponsibly to make my point.  I agree the true figure is likely higher.  

:cheers:

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Forgiveness for indoctrination of other peoples children, be it politically or the lgbtq agenda? I wonder if you would call for forgiveness if teachers were tying to get kids to become Christian. I wouldn’t forgive any of it.  That person should not be around children.  Especially mine. 

My son goes to a Catholic school for preschool and my daughter went for preschool and kindergarten, although she is in a public school now. It would be expected that they are teaching them to become christian. But i do understand the point, I just have an opposite viewpoint. I am not worried about my kids becoming indoctrinated at school even if they have a pro trans teacher or an anti LGBT teacher, because there are both in the school systems.

I do not even know if it was a subject here, but what was big news on the liberal sites was the banning of books in schools. That does not bother me either and I do not think it will have any effect on our education system long term.

Our education system is not perfect in the US, and it is important to always try to improve it. But I am not worried and I am happy with my daughter in the public school system.

edit: found the thread and it was discussed here. I never opened it :ninja:

47 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm not as concerned with the amount of crappy teachers.  I think they're a pretty small percentage of all teachers.  There are crappy people in every profession.  I'd like to see our teachers given more support and pay.  I'd like to see a little more power given back to the teachers and less power to the students and parents.  The way students and parents treat teachers now has gotten out of hand.  I'd be alright if it went back to the days when Sisters were teacher and they would smack your hand with a ruler for misbehaving.  Whatever happened to students being responsible for their actions?

:clap: