Sign in to follow this  
TimmySmith

Saudi Golf Tour

10 minutes ago, edjr said:

If backed by the right people, it is unpossible to run out of money

Everything in history has run out of money eventually.  There is no major sport that has been affected by an outside influence since the ABA.  And none of the major sports really ever had to do anything to stop them.  They just let them run out of gas. 

Must admit, shocked to see DJ participate in this. Then again he kinda always did beat to his own drum.

UPS dumping sponsorship with Lee Westwood and some others over it cracks me up. Never mind they still deliver to S. A. 🤣

5 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Must admit, shocked to see DJ participate in this. Then again he kinda always did beat to his own drum.

UPS dumping sponsorship with Lee Westwood and some others over it cracks me up. Never mind they still deliver to S. A. 🤣

It is so childish. Like anyone gives a chit about UPS..

Does UPS realize the PGA says Fedex Cup 7000 times a year? They should want to branch out and follow DJ

The whole thing is rather a joke, the PGA only requires 15 events a year, and they think they own you for the other 37 weeks.  The smarter players are catching on. 

• Thanks 1

How about Deshamblow? is he retired

14 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

The whole thing is rather a joke, the PGA only requires 15 events a year, and they think they own you for the other 37 weeks.  The smarter players are catching on. 

4 if you're Tiger

1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

Definitely 

I was almost just as surprised to see Louis and Gooch as well. 

Is it really a "golf league" when it doesn't matter what you shoot, they pay ya? 

This thing folds eventually. 

3 hours ago, Cruzer said:

He doesn't give a fock about winning majors or anything so it's perfect for him. 

Just now, lod001 said:

Is it really a "golf league" when it doesn't matter what you shoot, they pay ya? 

1. I assume it matters what you shoot and not every participant receives the same amount of money

2. This is the part of Phil Mickelson's comments that no one pays attention to because they (probably rightfully so) only focused on the human rights and how he can look the other way.... no one talks about how he commented that he wasn't even sure he wanted LIV golf to succeed. He was basically saying that his bigger interest in all of this was trying to force the PGA to change some of their ways, rather than truly trumpeting the viability of this new league.

Is it going to be on tv?

6 hours ago, lod001 said:

He doesn't give a fock about winning majors or anything so it's perfect for him. 

Agreed. 

Now.... please list all those in the top 20 on the OWGR, who fly around in private jets, who's brand makes them more $ off the course than on it, who pay for nothing and are pampered like Gods - please list all of them who really care more about majors than they do $$$. 

7 hours ago, lod001 said:

Of course, it will. That's what makes all the sensationalism and over dramatics so pathetic. Not to mention hypocritical. 

On 6/1/2022 at 11:21 PM, Cruzer said:

Of course, it will. That's what makes all the sensationalism and over dramatics so pathetic. Not to mention hypocritical. 

So why do you think the Saudi Government is backing it?   Why would an arm of the Saudi Government back a golf league that you agree is a money grab for the players and destined to fail?  

it’s not hypocritical to point out what’s going on.  It’s as plain as day.  

13 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

https://clubhouse.swingu.com/tour/liv-golf-series-second-wave/

Keopka, Morikawa, Hovland, and Xander rumors flying. 

Here is my Geek Club analogy.  

A Ghey Saudi Prince comes to the Geek Club and offers each of us 500k to get a tramp stamp of his picture.   Sure, its easy money but you'd have to spend the rest of your life, every time you went to the pool or the beach or met a woman you'd take your shirt off and had that tatoo of the ghey saudi prince on your lower back.  You cannot get it removed and it follows you forever. 

These guys can go grab all the millions they want, but the stench will never leave. 

11 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

So why do you think the Saudi Government is backing it?   Why would an arm of the Saudi Government back a golf league that you agree is a money grab for the players and destined to fail?  

it’s not hypocritical to point out what’s going on.  It’s as plain as day.  

Agreed. Plain as day that golfers are now being contracted, the PGA is scared, and if the LIV guys find a way to get owr points, it’s game on. 

(yes I’m saying this all while ignoring the human right stuff and just focusing on the golf aspect. Since no one wants to touch the human rights issues in China that the PGA is cool with)

40 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Agreed. Plain as day that golfers are now being contracted, the PGA is scared, and if the LIV guys find a way to get owr points, it’s game on. 

(yes I’m saying this all while ignoring the human right stuff and just focusing on the golf aspect. Since no one wants to touch the human rights issues in China that the PGA is cool with)

Gross

27 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Gross

All facts. 

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

According to the Crown Prince, Saudi Arabia is doing it to bolster the Kingdom's entertainment and tourism offerings as SA implements social reform...... Is that true, is that just a line of BS? 

A better question is, why do you give a f***? Why do you care or feel threatened by a golf league 7500 miles away, what differenced does it make to you what their motivations are? There are 8 billion people on the planet, there's not room for an expansion golf tour? 

Stock brokers and lawyers fresh out of school, busting their humps on 16 hour days, 6 days a week - you really believe they're doing it bcoz they care about humanity, bcoz they give 2 shiits whether Mr. and Mrs. Jones get social justice or money to send Sally to college? Ha, if you do - I've got some beachfront property on Venus to sell you. 

7 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

According to the Crown Prince, Saudi Arabia is doing it to bolster the Kingdom's entertainment an tourism offerings as SA implements social reform...... Is that true, is that just a line of BS? 

A better question is, why do you give a f***? Why do you care or feel threatened by a golf league 7500 miles away, what differenced does it make to you what their motivations are? There are 8 billion people on the planet, there's not room for an expansion golf tour? 

Stock brokers and lawyers fresh out of school, busting their humps on 16 hour days, 6 days a week - you really believe they're doing it bcoz they care about humanity, bcoz they give 2 shiits whether Mr. and Mrs. Jones get social justice or money to send Sally to college? Ha, if you do - I've got some beachfront property on Venus to sell you. 

Welp, that's two with 500k but a ghey Saudi Prince tramp stamp.

I will sleep well tonight.  Good night and God Blesss my rich friends. 

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

A Ghey Saudi Prince comes to the Geek Club and offers each of us 500k to get a tramp stamp of his picture.   Sure, its easy money but you'd have to spend the rest of your life, every time you went to the pool or the beach or met a woman you'd take your shirt off and had that tatoo of the ghey saudi prince on your lower back.  You cannot get it removed and it follows you forever. 

These guys can go grab all the millions they want, but the stench will never leave. 

In your analogy, just as in the LIV Tour, it boils down to a choice. 

Nobody is making these players jump ship, and nobody would be making Geeks get a tramp stamp. If they wanted it, as grown ass adults, they can have it. 

As far as a stench, you're just now noticing it? The stench from China and all the atrocities coming from your iPhone and electronics - that one doesn't bother you? How about the stench from your vehicles, plastics, tires, lotions, etc. - all from Saudi oil purchased and consumed by the US, that stench doesn't bother you? How about the telecommunications stench that AT&T dishes out, they do billions worth of biz with the Saudis, you okay with that stench too? 

The stench of hypocrisy is what I smell - and you're right, it doesn't go away. 

3 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I will sleep well tonight.  Good night and God Blesss. 

I sleep great, then again - I'm not a hypocrite. 

2 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I will sleep well tonight.  Good night and God Blesss. 

I’ll sleep well too 🤷🏻‍♂️  I’ve never said I’d take the money if I was a pro golfer. I’m asking what the issue is with wanting pro golfers to be contracted? 

have you thrown out all your Chinese made household items?

8 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Nobody is making these players jump ship,

They are offering millions, scratch that multi even many multi millions of dollars before they even play a hole.  To sell their souls.   :lol:

Wake up.  None of these players actualy think this is a viable long term tour.  ZERO.  

And thats fine, but we know who you are. 

3 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

They are offering millions, scratch that multi even many multi millions of dollars before they even play a hole.  To sell their souls.   :lol:

Wake up. 

Ha, have to admit you got me there. 

I mean can you imagine if athletes in the US got pre-paid for services before they even hit the field? I mean how stupid and immoral would it be if an athlete got millions in a signing bonus before they ever even played 1 game?

The HUMANITY! :doh:

2 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Ha, have to admit you got me there. 

I mean can you imagine if athletes in the US got pre-paid for services before they even hit the field? I mean how stupid and immoral would it be if an athlete got millions in a signing bonus before they ever even played 1 game?

The HUMANITY! :doh:

And all this time, I thought you were a true golf guy.  First you quit the EdEx, now this.

:sadbanana:

Just now, KSB2424 said:

And all this time, I thought you were a true golf guy.  First you quit the EdEx, now this.

:sadbanana:

There was this golfer, can't remember his name, Puma, Mountain Lion, Tiger or somethning. 

He actually got paid to just show up, appearance fee money I think they called it.... Can you imagine, a professional golfer showing up to play in a tournament simply for a money grab??? 

Fame last longer than money. Never sell out. 

I once read that on a Fortune Cookie. 

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

Fame last longer than money. Never sell out. 

Fame, money - hypocrisy outlives them all. 

9 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

There was this golfer, can't remember his name, Puma, Mountain Lion, Tiger or somethning. 

He actually got paid to just show up, appearance fee money I think they called it.... Can you imagine, a professional golfer showing up to play in a tournament simply for a money grab??? 

More proof he is not the greatest golfer of all time.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Fame, money - hypocrisy outlives them all. 

LIV is headed by the leader in that category.  He is also the biggest under achiever and chocker in golf.  

I'm not a golf fan and was rather clueless so I checked this thread to see what the hype was all about. I guess I learned. I didn't realize that the PGA owns your ass and forbids participants from participating in other leagues. I'd thought they were all individuals who just showed up and if they were good enough to qualify for the tour ... have a go.

My opinion is that's how it should have been run all along. Since the PGA doesn't do it that way, and since the PGA wants to tell these golfers where and when they can play, the PGA can get focked.

Imagine being offered a BILLION dollars and looking them in the eyes and saying "Go pound sand, you have enough of it".

Classic.  🐅

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

Imagine being offered a BILLION dollars and looking them in the eyes and saying "Go pound sand, you have enough of it".

Classic.  🐅

Imagine being stupid enough to offer a drug addicted cripple that much money.  Crazy. 

2 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I'm not a golf fan and was rather clueless so I checked this thread to see what the hype was all about. I guess I learned. I didn't realize that the PGA owns your ass and forbids participants from participating in other leagues. I'd thought they were all individuals who just showed up and if they were good enough to qualify for the tour ... have a go.

My opinion is that's how it should have been run all along. Since the PGA doesn't do it that way, and since the PGA wants to tell these golfers where and when they can play, the PGA can get focked.

You are a ittle right and little wrong.  :dunno:

Welp looks like PGA may end up getting cooked.   That sucks.  Oh well less time spent in front of the TV.  

10 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

I'd do it for $50, am I selling myself short?