Sign in to follow this  
TimmySmith

Saudi Golf Tour

2 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Welp looks like PGA may end up getting cooked.   That sucks.  Oh well less time spent in front of the TV.  

That pompous azzhole commissioner deserves it. 

Just now, edjr said:

I'd do it for $50, am I selling myself short?

Dont forget at least 3 free greens fees on a nice course.  

Just now, edjr said:

That pompous azzhole commissioner deserves it. 

We got guys like Cruzer defending the choices hard.  We have KSB trashing the choices hard.

I am just a fan who likes to watch golf.   We lose.  In my opinion.  Thats all that matters to me.

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

We got guys like Cruzer defending the choices hard.  We have KSB trashing the choices hard.

I am just a fan who likes to watch golf.   We lose.  In my opinion.  Thats all that matters to me.

Yup. They should be able to play wherever they want. The PGA is doing us a disservice 

10 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Here is my Geek Club analogy.  

A Ghey Saudi Prince comes to the Geek Club and offers each of us 500k to get a tramp stamp of his picture.   Sure, its easy money but you'd have to spend the rest of your life, every time you went to the pool or the beach or met a woman you'd take your shirt off and had that tatoo of the ghey saudi prince on your lower back.  You cannot get it removed and it follows you forever. 

These guys can go grab all the millions they want, but the stench will never leave. 

Idiotic analogy.  The LIV is offering money to professional golfers to play golf. Nothing more or less than that, except to some people, who, for some unknown reason, have allegiance to an organization that does nothing for them. If you were an employee of the PGA, I might understand your position.  You're not.  

Just now, edjr said:

Yup. They should be able to play wherever they want. The PGA is doing us a disservice 

I agree. 

But it waters events down anyway.  Given the choice to go make good guarenteed money or play is a middle PGA event....not that I blame them.  But the PGA should let them play anywhere.   I understand they are trying to protect their product.  But probably backfired and I can see them reconsider down the line.

4 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I agree. 

But it waters events down anyway.  Given the choice to go make good guarenteed money or play is a middle PGA event....not that I blame them.  But the PGA should let them play anywhere.   I understand they are trying to protect their product.  But probably backfired and I can see them reconsider down the line.

That is fine. When they don't have enough Fedex points or points to qualify for the Ryder Cup or other stuff, that's too bad for them,

DJ has never won the US Open, he will have to qualify next year if he wants to play and anyone else. Unless they have won a major, they won't be able to play in them,

9 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Idiotic analogy.  The LIV is offering money to professional golfers to play golf. Nothing more or less than that, except to some people, who, for some unknown reason, have allegiance to an organization that does nothing for them. If you were an employee of the PGA, I might understand your position.  You're not.  

Um it matters if you like watching golf.  

I am not taking his stance but you don't need some allegiance to the PGA in order to care.  I care because it ruins a hobby of mine.  Oh well.  But it matters because I watch golf lol.  This can't be too hard to understand right?

Koepka officially gone.

Didn't he do a song and dance about greedy Phil not too long ago? Lol

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

If not for Chamblee, Monahan, Mark Rolfing, Rich Lerner and the KSB butt hurt casual fans - most wouldn't even know the LIV Tour existed.

We just witnessed one of the greatest US Opens in recent history, on the famed Country Club of Brookline - all the while LIV was doing its thing across the pond, with no impact at all. If the USGA eventually decides to ban LIV players, so what? The PGA Tour will be just fine, our majors and big tournaments will go on just as they have in the past, the game will continue to grow, and charities and cities will continue to financial benefit from tour sponsorship. As much as the chicken littles want you to believe, the LIV Tour is no threat to the PGA Tour. 

This is a not a golf topic, this is a biz topic - the whiny biitches at GC fail to to see that. 

Just now, Cruzer said:

If not for Chamblee, Monahan, Mark Rolfing, Rich Lerner and the KSB butt hurt casual fans - most wouldn't even know the LIV Tour existed.

We just witnessed one of the greatest US Opens in recent history, on the famed Country Club of Brookline - all the while LIV was doing its thing across the pond, with no impact at all. If the USGA eventually decides to ban LIV players, so what? The PGA Tour will be just fine, our majors and big tournaments will go on just as they have in the past, the game will continue to grow, and charities and cities will continue to financial benefit from tour sponsorship. As much as the chicken littles want you to believe, the LIV Tour is no threat to the PGA Tour. 

This is a not a golf topic, this is a biz topic - the whiny biitches at GC fail to to see that. 

I guess I don't understand your post in relation to my post.  

I am not saying the PGA Tour is going to fold.  But losing several top players waters the product down for fans like myself.  

HOV Cam Xander are all rumored.  

How is it not a threat if half the top 20 jumps over there? I don't care about the PGA Tours ratings and pockets.  But it undoubtedly hurts their product.  And makes weekly tour stops events less exciting for a fan like myself who follows weekly.   It certainly isn't going to improve the product in the short term.  Thats obvious. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Yep. Its not the Tiger and prime Phil era. Brooks left? Shiit i didnt even remember him this past weekend and i watched a ton of it. 

2 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Yep. Its not the Tiger and prime Phil era. Brooks left? Shiit i didnt even remember him this past weekend and i watched a ton of it. 

you're assuming no other good golfers will leave. No one wants to watch a bunch of nobodys, sorry.

11 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

But losing several top players waters the product down for fans like myself.  

Don't blame LIV, blame Monahan. 

The PGA Tour has no problem with it's members being aligned with and playing on the Euro Tour - so the argument DJ and the rest can't belong to multiple tours is a load of hypcritical crap. Jay Monahan is the one keeping the top players on the LIV Tour from still competing here in the US. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Um it matters if you like watching golf.  

I am not taking his stance but you don't need some allegiance to the PGA in order to care.  I care because it ruins a hobby of mine.  Oh well.  But it matters because I watch golf lol.  This can't be too hard to understand right?

I guess I understand that it hurts your viewing enjoyment.  I don't understand how that should affect the decisions of professionals to play golf.  I mean they don't play every week in every tournament, so it's not like you get the same thing every week or even 20 weeks a year.  Why don't people like you point your cannons at the PGA and say WTF, why are you banning people? 

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

I guess I understand that it hurts your viewing enjoyment.  I don't understand how that should affect the decisions of professionals to play golf.  I mean they don't play every week in every tournament, so it's not like you get the same thing every week or even 20 weeks a year.  Why don't people like you point your cannons at the PGA and say WTF, why are you banning people? 

A lot of us don't watch the tournaments that have no one popular in them. It is the not the same experience. 

PGA is 100% wrong in banning people and the commissioner will eventually lose his job for it. 

3 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Don't blame LIV, blame Monahan. 

The PGA Tour has no problem with it's members being aligned with and playing on the Euro Tour - so the argument DJ and the rest can't belong to multiple tours is a load of hypcritical crap. Jay Monahan is the one keeping the top players on the LIV Tour from still competing here in the US. 

Am I blaming LIV? Lol

I am just stating a fact from a fans perspective.   This sucks.  

1 minute ago, edjr said:

A lot of us don't watch the tournaments that have no one popular in them. It is the not the same experience. 

PGA is 100% wrong in banning people and the commissioner will eventually lose his job for it. 

All of this is so true.  And the LIV is willing to do it's 15 tournaments a year around the majors and the WG events.  Seems like a no brainer. :dunno:

3 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

It seems like you guys don't even read my posts lol.  Just assume I am saying something I am not.  And never have lol.  

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

Am I blaming LIV? Lol

I am just stating a fact from a fans perspective.   This sucks.  

I'm speaking in general, the the masses. 

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

It seems like you guys don't even read my posts lol.  Just assume I am saying something I am not.  And never have lol.  

And you aren't reading ours.  ALL those great players you love and have been playing 25 private money events a year forever.  Nothing has changed as far as their PGA attendance.  The LIV actually increases their visibility.  :dunno: 

Just now, Cruzer said:

I'm speaking in general, the the masses. 

Right but I am just responding to yours and timmys "why should anyone care where guys play" "the tour will grow and LIV is zero threat"

I care because I watch golf weekly. 

It is certainly some threat to something if DJ Brooks Dechambeau Reed Louie Morikawa Cam go over.  

This will water down thr product at least in thr short team.  We can all agree on that I would assume.  Thats all I have said here lol

Posed this to a couple of anti-LIV buddies of mine this weekend -

If the LIV Tour came and offered you $150m to never watch a televised PGA Tour event again, to only watch their events - would you do it? 

One of them said he'd turn it down............. :rolleyes:

Right but I am just responding to yours and timmys "why should anyone care where guys play" "the tour will grow and LIV is zero threat"

I care because I watch golf weekly. 

It is certainly some threat to something if DJ Brooks Dechambeau Reed Louie Morikawa Cam go over.  

This will water down thr product at least in thr short team.  We can all agree on that I would assume.  Thats all I have said here lol

Sure you care, but the Tour is not going anywhere. 

And again, if you do ever develop any disgust over a watered down product - the blame all goes to Monahan. 

Just now, TimmySmith said:

And you aren't reading ours.  ALL those great players you love and have been playing 25 private money events a year forever.  Nothing has changed as far as their PGA attendance.  The LIV actually increases their visibility.  :dunno: 

I dont agree. 

Yes if the PGA bans them from PGA events then yes it has changed their PGA attendance lol.  

Definitely don't agree that it makes them more visible.   

I don't watch the DP Tour.  I am not turning on youtube and watching 60 man fields half over in Europe at weird hours.  Along with watching the PGA events.  If the XFL poached half the top QBs it would just create 2 watered down leagues.  

You think even if thr PGA said here you can play here anytime you want that they would?  So a guy goes and gets 125 mill up front to play in 8 tourneys that hr is coming back to play in the Travelers? Lol.  He wouldn't just enjoy the extra time off already having pocketed money?  I don't think so.

You think even if thr PGA said here you can play here anytime you want that they would?  So a guy goes and gets 125 mill up front to play in 8 tourneys that hr is coming back to play in the Travelers? Lol.  He wouldn't just enjoy the extra time off already having pocketed money?  I don't think so.

No he's not. But most of the top players don't play in those eventes anyways. 

Have any riveting memories of Rory holding off DJ, Spieth and Rahm at the St. Jude's, or John Deere? No you don't. 

I'm good watching the big boys show up for the big events and majors. Then again, I'm one of those that enjoys watching no-names play in the regular tour stops. 

3 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I dont agree. 

Yes if the PGA bans them from PGA events then yes it has changed their PGA attendance lol.  

Definitely don't agree that it makes them more visible.   

I don't watch the DP Tour.  I am not turning on youtube and watching 60 man fields half over in Europe at weird hours.  Along with watching the PGA events.  If the XFL poached half the top QBs it would just create 2 watered down leagues.  

You are absolutely not listening to anything we are saying. One last time. The LIV is working around ALL of the events that the big boys play in. You aren't missing anything.

3 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Sure you care, but the Tour is not going anywhere. 

And again, if you do ever develop any disgust over a watered down product - the blame all goes to Monahan. 

I can agree.  And that is all I have said and made it clear I don't share the same stance as KSB.

As a fan this waters down the product.  Thats a fact.  Idc whos "fault" it is.  I am speaking from my viewpoint.   It waters down soemthing I watch weekly.   It spreads things thin.  That is all.  

Just now, TimmySmith said:

You are absolutely not listening to anything we are saying. One last time. The LIV is working around ALL of the events that the big boys play in. You aren't missing anything.

IF THEY MAKE A CRAP TON OF MONEY JUST TO PLAY 8 EVENTS WHY WOULD THEY PLAY MIDDLING PGA EVENTS THAT THEY WOULD USUALLY PLAY IN??????  SOME MAY MOST WOULDN'T BOTHER.

DO YOU NOT AGREE?

So DJ gets 125 million just to play some golf a few times a year.  He flying to the Travelers to grind out a pga event? Not taking the week off and banging Paulina? 

Lmao.  Fat chance.  

15 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Posed this to a couple of anti-LIV buddies of mine this weekend -

If the LIV Tour came and offered you $150m to never watch a televised PGA Tour event again, to only watch their events - would you do it? 

One of them said he'd turn it down............. :rolleyes:

What is the end game for LIV?  How are they going to make money?  I don't believe they have a TV deal unless it is in Europe or the middle east.  Are they trying to be the ABA or the AFL and hoping they are not the USFL?

31 minutes ago, edjr said:

you're assuming no other good golfers will leave. No one wants to watch a bunch of nobodys, sorry.

They won’t? FitzPatrick won this weekend and it was a phenomenal finish to a tournament. That’s all anybody really cares about. 
Of course you want notable names at the top but unless that name is Tiger Woods guys are pretty interchangeable… most of them have a personality of a coffee table. Scottie Scheffler is easily the number one in the world but absolutely nobody gives a fock. 
Guy looks like he does missionary only with the lights on and then prays for forgiveness afterwards.

11 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

They won’t? FitzPatrick won this weekend and it was a phenomenal finish to a tournament. That’s all anybody really cares about. 
Of course you want notable names at the top but unless that name is Tiger Woods guys are pretty interchangeable… most of them have a personality of a coffee table. Scottie Scheffler is easily the number one in the world but absolutely nobody gives a fock. 
Guy looks like he does missionary only with the lights on and then prays for forgiveness afterwards.

LIV just started. We don't know who else will defect

How come it was okay for guys to play on the European tour and the PGA tour? 

11 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Some act like the top players play ever week, battle head to head at the Travelers and John Deere's of the world - they don't. 

They all face off at the majors, WGCs, Pebble, Memorial, Bay Hill, Players, Buick (Torrey Pines), and maybe one or two more. 

1 minute ago, Cruzer said:

Some act like the top players play ever week, battle head to head at the Travelers and John Deere's of the world - they don't. 

They all face off at the majors, WGCs, Pebble, Memorial, Bay Hill, Players, Buick (Torrey Pines), and maybe one or two more. 

Bay Hill is definitely not some star studded field these days.  It has become middling.  

No one is acting like they play each week.  I watch every week and bet every week.  I know who plays.

Ancer 4th, dechambeau 19th, DJ 25th at thr Travelers last year.  

Will they be there this year? No? Hence watered down. 

My stance isn't some puzzle here. 

16 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Which tournies do people watch more?