Sign in to follow this  
TimmySmith

Saudi Golf Tour

So what do you know, Monahan rolls out with changes in scheduling and, more importantly, huge purse increases. Ha, old Jay boy just miraculously found all these extra millions sitting in a closet - decided might be a good idea to put a little more in the kitty. :lol:

Turns out Phil wasn't totally off, he may have just been right all along. 

The Commish's actions beg a few questions: 

Where did all this extra $$$ come from? 

Where has all this $$$ been going before? 

If golf isn't about $$$, why increase the purses? 

On 6/21/2022 at 5:34 PM, Alias Detective said:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/pga-tour-liv-golf-proposed-schedule-changes-purse-increases

PGA Tour steps up response to rival LIV Golf league with proposed schedule changes, purse increases

Bump - I can’t change the font size, sorry.  The intent isn’t to “ shout”.

@Cruzer

1 hour ago, Alias Detective said:

Bump - I can’t change the font size, sorry.  The intent isn’t to “ shout”.

@Cruzer

This made me laugh.  :lol:

2 hours ago, Cruzer said:

So what do you know, Monahan rolls out with a changes in scheduling and, more importantly, huge purse increases. Ha, old Jay boy just miraculously found all these extra millions sitting in a closet - decided might be a good idea to put a little more in the kitty. :lol:

👍🏼😂

3 hours ago, Cruzer said:

So what do you know, Monahan rolls out with a changes in scheduling and, more importantly, huge purse increases. Ha, old Jay boy just miraculously found all these extra millions sitting in a closet - decided might be a good idea to put a little more in the kitty. :lol:

Ever ran a business?  Or been in the high level business decsion, strategic planning process of a business?   Analogy coming.......

You look ahead to next month, next quarter, next year, next 5 year and next 10 year.  Income Satement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, Line of Credit, futurers, commodiites, on and on and on.  My company RIGHT now could pay everyone in the company double their salary.  Sure we have the cash and credit but is that the best financial and strategic decision for the long term financial health and prosperity of the company?  Or would we put ourselves at RISK of going out of business long term?

Now imagine my company having some competitor roll in backed by LIMITLESS POCKETS of the Saudi Government?  We'd have to throw everything we had at it, do just what I said above and double salaries, give crazy retention bonuses, etc. just to buy time.   We are pretty much being held hostage by this foreign government.  

This is not normal, the reason why?  It's not true business competition.  It's an arm of the Saudi government strong arming an industry.  And you are backing it.  Disgusting.

• Haha 2

Any God fearing and true American who gives one penny, one internet click, one watch to this LIV Tour should repent for their sins.  You Sir are damaged goods and marked for life.  Karma will reign down fury on you ike a Gulf of Mexico Hurricane.  Tread lightly my friend, the world is watching. 

• Haha 1

i tuned last week.  :dunno:

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

Ever ran a business?  Or been in the high level business decsion, strategic planning process of a business?   Analogy coming.......

You look ahead to next month, next quarter, next year, next 5 year and next 10 year.  Income Satement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, Line of Credit, futurers, commodiites, on and on and on.  My company RIGHT now could pay everyone in the company double their salary.  Sure we have the cash and credit but is that the best financial and strategic decision for the long term financial health and prosperity of the company?  Or would we put ourselves at RISK of going out of business long term?

Now imagine my company having some competitor roll in backed by LIMITLESS POCKETS of the Saudi Government?  We'd have to throw everything we had at it, do just what I said above and double salaries, give crazy retention bonuses, etc. just to buy time.   We are pretty much being held hostage by this foreign government.  

This is not normal, the reason why?  It's not true business competition.  It's an arm of the Saudi government strong arming an industry.  And you are backing it.  Disgusting.

Ever run a business? When your employees accused you of ripping them off,  and went to another business, you defamed that business and accused them of being traitors. Then suddenly found money to pay those who stayed, to keep them from leaving. No? Me neither. Only a total scumbag business would do such a thing. And only scumbags would support them. 

9 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Ever run a business? When your employees accused you of ripping them off,  and went to another business, you defamed that business and accused them of being traitors. Then suddenly found money to pay those who stayed, to keep them from leaving. No? Me neither. Only a total scumbag business would do such a thing. And only scumbags would support them. 

Reading isn’t your friend.  I love capitalism, it breeds exceptionalism. However the rules of the game, have to be the same.  I.e. Competition.  

This isn’t a business competition of who is treating the players more “fairly”.  It’s a corrupt government strong arming a legit business for crying out loud.  Maybe that business could be better but dear God, this is not the way. 

Arguing about this really irritates me. It’s so simple and transparent.  Wake the fock up.  

I feel like I’m playing cards with my brothers kids or something. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Reading isn’t your friend.  I love capitalism, it breeds exceptionalism. However the rules of the game, have to be the same.  I.e. Competition.  

This isn’t a business competition of who is treating the players more “fairly”.  It’s a corrupt government strong arming a legit business for crying out loud.  Maybe that business could be better but dear God, this is not the way. 

Competition? 😂 it’s clearly the PGA who is afraid of competition. They are used to being the only game in town. 

you keep crying about the human rights stuff yet no one in here is condoning it. No one that I’ve seen is even hoping for overall success for LIV golf. What I’m seeing are smart posters wondering why the PGA said LIV golf wasn’t any threat yet all of their actions are saying otherwise. 

Using a regular business as an analogy kind of falls flat because a regular business isn’t a monopoly.  

also LIV golf is not a corrupt government strong arming a legit business. Backed by Saudi government money of course but any strong arming is being done by Norman, Mickelson, and others … and what’s wrong with strong arming a monopoly? 

you can go back to where they are getting the funds to be able to strong arm the PGA into making changes, and I’m totally with you on that issue. But yeah, I’m kind of happy the PGA is being forced to change a bit. 

2 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Arguing about this really irritates me. It’s so simple and transparent.  Wake the fock up.  

It’s only simple and transparent to you because you’ve chosen to stand on some moral high ground and pretend everyone who even entertains a discussion about LIV golf does not share the same morals you do… which is quite ridiculous 

11 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

According to your theory Monahan has been sitting on this pile of gold, waiting for the prudent moment to release these millions in a biz sense... And you have the audacity to tells others to wake the fock up. :doh:   :lol:

Turns out Phil was dead balls on. Turns out there was a stockpile off cash Jay-boy had been sitting on. A stockpile of cash the Tour had accumulated (in large part) off the marketing of top players. The Tour and Jay-boy ought to be ashamed and embarrassed it took another tour to get them do what many felt they should have been doing all along. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Between you, Chamblee, the GC and Jay-boy - the Saudis are lauging their asses off. They don't even have to spend one red cent on advertising, zero marketing money - bcoz you guys are filling up the airways, going on and on about it 24/7. 

• Like 1

I feel like I'm trying to teach Algebra to a 4 year old.  They just can't get it.   Oh well, at least I tried. 

16 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Yup, Phil was right and this move forced the tour's hand. The top PGA tour players are going to benefit from the folks who joined LIV, they should be personally Thanking Phil.

KSB should look into the PGA & China. Going to be a bummer when he figures out he has to give up all professional golf because of his moral superiority.

:(

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Reality said:

Yup, Phil was right and this move forced the tour's hand. The top PGA tour players are going to benefit from the folks who joined LIV, they should be personally Thanking Phil.

Oh yes, totally agree. In fact, although they could never come out in this climate and admit it - many (if not most) have to be dancing in the streets. 

* They got a HUGE pay raise. 

* Got a more desirable schedule. 

* Got rid of the SLOWEST dude on tour in DeChamdouche.

* Got rid of chip on the shoulder Koepka. 

LIV has been the best thing for PGA Tou players since Tiger Woods. 

6 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Oh yes, totally agree. In fact, although they could never come out in this climate and admit it - many (if not most) have to be dancing in the streets. 

* They got a HUGE pay raise. 

* Got a more desirable schedule. 

* Got rid of the SLOWEST dude on tour in DeChamdouche.

* Got rid of chip on the shoulder Koepka. 

LIV has been the best thing for PGA Tou players since Tiger Woods. 

How many mental gymnastics can you guys go through?

Shotgun Starts!

It got rid of Koepka and Deshamblow!

More desirable schedule!  That means the best players in the world play 6 weeks out of the year dummy.  Just read their own quotes. 

Y'all funny.  Or stupid.  Prolly both. 

3 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

How many mental gymnastics can you guys go through?

Shotgun Starts!

It got rid of Koepka and Deshamblow!

More desirable schedule!  That means the best players in the world play 6 weeks out of the year dummy.  Just read their own quotes. 

Y'all funny.  Or stupid.  Prolly both. 

KSB calling someone stupid, now there's some irony. :rolleyes:

I have no idea how LIV operates or what one of their events look like - haven't watched a sec. Don't really have any plans to watch truth be told. 

But I'm not a mental midget fretting over them either. 

On 6/21/2022 at 10:22 PM, Cruzer said:

Not really sure. Maybe it's schtick, maybe Norman really does have visions of becoming a world tour. What I do know is that I don't really care one way or the other. I don't see them as a threat. I may tune in every now and then, but for the most part I'll still watch PGA Tour events. 

Far as money, the Saudis print money - really don't think they're too concerned with generating revenue. 

Thanks.  I don't care either I was trying to figure out the money angle for the Saudis and Norman.  You only need to look at two things to answer any question. 1) Follow the money.  If you can't figure our a money angle, proceed to number 2.  2) People are stupid.

once again, putting the issue of where the money to back LIV is coming from aside, and just focusing on the impact to golf....

Big Game Brooks has jumped ship, old news, but anyone saying that "it got rid of Keopka and Dehamblow" is somehow being used by people to spin LIV as a positive is :wacko:. Like them or hate them, they are two huge stars in the game of golf. 

I've said it a dozen times before but I'll repeat. My preference is the PGA Tour. I'm not some LIV golf fanboy. If I could snap my fingers and be a pro golfer, i'd play on the PGA Tour. I'm simply realistic enough to recognize when competition brings about overdue change. All we heard for so long was that LIV would be nothing, zero threat, no stars would dare leave the PGA because the PGA's pastures were the greenest. That ship has sailed. Plenty of big names have jumped and theres only been one event. Talk of a "hostile takeover" :lol: by bumble chamblee dominated coverage leading up to the US Open. Monahan sounds like a scared child and a handful of the PGA's most important players sound bitter as hell. And now we have seen the PGA respond by throwing more money at the top players. 

LIV has already impacted golf. Even if it dissolves after 1 season, it will have left it's imprint. 

I still see nothing wrong with competition, especially when it's competition for what has otherwise been a monopoly. I certainly don't feel bad for the PGA... and I am completely in favor of more changes that trend more towards player contracts on the tour. I love the history behind many of the PGA events but lets be honest, when people use history to argue for why guys should want to stay with the PGA, well obviously any new tour can't possibly have any history until it builds it. When you've been the only game in town, all the history is yours. 

That's probably my preference... for LIV to ultimately fail but to bring about the changes needed to bring professional golf more in line with the other major sports. 

12 hours ago, Bert said:

Thanks.  I don't care either I was trying to figure out the money angle for the Saudis and Norman.  You only need to look at two things to answer any question. 1) Follow the money.  If you can't figure our a money angle, proceed to number 2.  2) People are stupid.

Aw yes, the money - as is usually the case, it all boils down to $$$. 

I guess Jay-boy has convinced many of the sheep that he's defending golf's honor. Biitch please. Jay-boy is scared to death that if/when the big names leave, he'll lose his revenue source. Even at 52, Phil is marketable. Jay-boy can't sell the JT Potson's and Korn Ferry upstarts like he can the Koepkas of the world. And w/out that, his cushy $5m a year salary is in jeopardy. 

Now Matthew Wolf. 

What is this this Tour?  The island of misfit toys?  I fully expect either MTV or VICE to finally televise this nonsense……at 2am.  Maybe it will beat out the Mike Lindell Infomercials.  

39 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

what happens if a ball hits a camel in a sandtrap?

Then camels are chilling in Portland and Jersey as those are the locations for the next two events. 

Patrick Reed and PXG part ways. Unclear if it is due to him playing like sh1t since signing the deal or if he was dropped because of the transition to LIV

28 minutes ago, remote controller said:

Listen to Pat Perez state why he joined.  Refreshing to hear the truth.  Then listen to Brookes.  Laughable!!

link?  

idiot.

2 hours ago, remote controller said:

Listen to Pat Perez state why he joined.  Refreshing to hear the truth.  Then listen to Brookes.  Laughabl!!

Laughable was listening to Monahan at the presser. Jay-boy up there trying to sell a bag of manure to the room that once again the huge purse increases, the revamping of schedules, player incentives , and restructuring of Euro Tour alignment was all in the works for years. 

Then Keith Pelley comes on and cuts Monahan’s legs right out from under him. Admitting the sense of urgency with the moves were bcoz of LIV.  :lol:

Jay-boy continues to look like a clown in all of this. 

Pat Perez???  Reed???  Maybe they will sign up that other cheater VJ Singh.:lol:

When are they going to roll out the Ladies LIV??? :lol:

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

Pat Perez???  Reed???  Maybe they will sign up that other cheater VJ Singh.:lol:

When are they going to roll out the Ladies LIV??? :lol:

Lets ask MDC if he got an invite

• Haha 1

LIV is the ultimate beer league, that screams John Daly. Can't believe he's not committed yet - that's right up his alley. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

Laughable was listening to Monahan at the presser. Jay-boy up there trying to sell a bag of manure to the room that once again the huge purse increases, the revamping of schedules, player incentives , and restructuring of Euro Tour alignment was all in the works for years. 

Then Keith Pelley comes on and cuts Monahan’s legs right out from under him. Admitting the sense of urgency with the moves were bcoz of LIV.  :lol:

Jay-boy continues to look like a clown in all of this. 

Shaking in his boots. LIV May fail but no one will be able to Deny that it’s already succeeding in forcing the pga tours hand and needed changes. 

6 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

Shaking in his boots. LIV May fail but no one will be able to Deny that it’s already succeeding in forcing the pga tours hand and needed changes. 

I wasn't kidding, LIV has been the best thing to hit the PGA Tour since TW. 

Sure Rory and the rest put on a good face, say all the right things in front of the cameras. Secretly, they have to be dancing in the streets - what a bonanza this has been for them. 

2 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

I wasn't kidding, LIV has been the best thing to hit the PGA Tour since TW. 

Sure Rory and the rest put on a good face, say all the right things in front of the cameras. Secretly, they have to be dancing in the streets - what a bonanza this has been for them. 

Right? They get to save face and let the other guys do the dirty work for them, increasing their pay at the same time. 

I’ll be watching. Guess I’m going to hell 😂