Sign in to follow this  
Engorgeous George

Juwan Howard losses his feces.

9 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Hey , this ain't White Castle.

Yo quiero White Castle. 

Focking love that place.

As a Wisconsin alum I was proud to see that the crowd did not become involved.  In many venues, most, perhaps, had this same thing happened Howard would have had popcorn, trash, and beverages rained down upon he and his team as they left the court.   In this instance not a single kernel came out of the crowd as he exited the floor.  Exemplary fan behavior given the circumstances. 

I am disgusted by Howard the Coward trying to justify his behavior.

Gard called off the dogs and emptied his bench.  The unwritten rules Howard wants to reference are that he too should have done so, acknowledged the contest was over, and got the bench guys a few seconds of work.  Instead Howard kept his starters in.  He wanted to compete against the second string.  He decided to press and got a quick, though meaningless bucket.  He set up to do so again, to try to take what advantage he could of the Badgers scrubs.  Gard saw this.  Rather than put his starters back in he organized his scrubs.  He made it a teaching moment.  He did not call a full time out to gloat, he called a 30 second one to organize his scrubs.  Howard, the one who had violated the unwritten rules then decided to disrespect and then grab and push the much smaller man while waving his finger in his face.  He then took a shot, a sucker punch, at a second guy and then made some sort of rush towards the crowd in the courtside seats.

After it all the Badger fans were more interested in singing Varsity than in raining down trash on this disgrace to Michigan and the Big 10.  Michigan will recover.  Decades of excellence, of tradition, are not negated by this stain.  The Michigan community deserves better than this. They need to get out their Oxyclean to remove this stain.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

I am disgusted by Howard the Coward trying to justify his behavior.

Gard called off the dogs and emptied his bench.  The unwritten rules Howard wants to reference are that he too should have done so, acknowledged the contest was over, and got the bench guys a few seconds of work.  Instead Howard kept his starters in.  He wanted to compete against the second string.  He decided to press and got a quick, though meaningless bucket.  He set up to do so again, to try to take what advantage he could of the Badgers scrubs.  Gard saw this.  Rather than put his starters back in he organized his scrubs.  He made it a teaching moment.  He did not call a full time out to gloat, he called a 30 second one to organize his scrubs.  Howard, the one who had violated the unwritten rules then decided to disrespect and then grab and push the much smaller man while waving his finger in his face.  He then took a shot, a sucker punch, at a second guy and then made some sort of rush towards the crowd in the courtside seats.

After it all the Badger fans were more interested in singing Varsity than in raining down trash on this disgrace to Michigan and the Big 10.  Michigan will recover.  Decades of excellence, of tradition, are not negated by this stain.  The Michigan community deserves better than this. They need to get out their Oxyclean to remove this stain.

Came in here to say this.  You did it better than I could have.  Also, Wi had 4 sec's to get the ball in.  TO gives them 10.  My guess is Gard was asking why Howard was pressing him and BU's with 15 sec's left in a game that was over.  Howard knew he was wrong and lost it.  If he were white, he'd be fired.

54 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Yo quiero White Castle. 

Focking love that place.

I miss Hamburger Stand. 

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

Yo quiero White Castle. 

Focking love that place.

Heard all these great things about it, especially from my old boss who was from NY.  So, when my Dad passed away and we were in NY for his funeral, my brother and I hit one up.  Beyond disappointing.  I guess if you like half a bite of meat to go along with your bun it's good.  But I like to taste my hamburger. 

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

Heard all these great things about it, especially from my old boss who was from NY.  So, when my Dad passed away and we were in NY for his funeral, my brother and I hit one up.  Beyond disappointing.  I guess if you like half a bite of meat to go along with your bun it's good.  But I like to taste my hamburger. 

Come on man be fair. I bet you're tasting the onions for the next week and a half.

He's the head coach of a major university and if you notice the "slap/punch" escalated the entire event.  You just can't do that as a leader of young men, hell, I've coached little league baseball and realise the players take cues from the coaches.

I love all the other takes. What about Woody Hayes?  What about Bobby Knight?  Well first of all both of those coaches were actually good coaches.....but even then their actions are stains on their careers.  There were rumblings of Juwan Howard being fired before this happened based on how bad the team is alone.  

Winning gives you leeway.  Losing coaches plus shenanigans gets you fired.  Welcome to the real world.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

He's the head coach of a major university and if you notice the "slap/punch" escalated the entire event.  You just can't do that as a leader of young men, hell, I've coached little league baseball and realise the players take cues from the coaches.

I love all the other takes. What about Woody Hayes?  What about Bobby Knight?  Well first of all both of those coaches were actually good coaches.....but even then their actions are stains on their careers.  There were rumblings of Juwan Howard being fired before this happened based on how bad the team is alone.  

Winning gives you leeway.  Losing coaches plus shenanigans gets you fired.  Welcome to the real world.  

If you fire a black person for any reason you get sued because they are never wrong. See brian flores.

Racist!!!!

7 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

If you fire a black person for any reason you get sued because they are never wrong. See brian flores.

Racist!!!!

See Bill Cofield.  Wisconsin hired him, the first black hired to coach in the Big Ten back when it had ten teams.  He was a very successful recruiter.  He brought in Wes Mathews, Clyde Gregory, and Jerry "Ice" Reynolds.  Unfortunately, his teams were undisciplined on and off the court and in six years he had only one or two winning seasons and several scandals with his players failing school and committing crimes in the dorms.  Eventually he was fired, as he should have been.  The national reaction was not that Wisconsin provided an opportunity to a black man, but that they were racist for firing him.  The Rhymin Reverend Jessie Jackson tried to organize a protest against the school for being racist, the first school to have provided this opportunity.  Then we had Clem Haskins at Minnesota.  Clem had some great teams.  They had a great deal of success.  Again, though, the atmosphere was uncontrolled.  His players had something like 40 charges of academic fraud.   No institutional control.  When he was fired again we had charges of racism.

9 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

You can take the thug out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the thug

Still, my major take away was the behavior of the crowd after the incident.  We have all seen crowds rain down trash on opposing teams after incidents like this as they left the court or field.  It is standard.  Rarely, if ever in my memory, do we see the crowd completely restrain itself.  Now all crowds should, it should not be praiseworthy that they did, yet in fact they did and that is a rarity. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

It was more a stain on Woody Hayes career, it ended his career.

23 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Still, my major take away was the behavior of the crowd after the incident.  We have all seen crowds rain down trash on opposing teams after incidents like this as they left the court or field.  It is standard.  Rarely, if ever in my memory, do we see the crowd completely restrain itself.  Now all crowds should, it should not be praiseworthy that they did, yet in fact they did and that is a rarity. 

I went to UW---the crowd didn't throw their beer out of restraint---we just enjoy our beer too much to waste it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

It was more a stain on Woody Hayes career, it ended his career.

It is the only thing people remember from an outstanding coaching career. 

Juwan must be fired. Never throw the 1st punch. Anyone who would do that should not be leading young men who aren't in a biker gang.

Wisky's coach shouldn't kept his hands to himself but still, Howard needs to be gone after that.  A coach can't be throwing punches.

I’m ok with a warning. But then again, I realize how stupid sports are at this point. Looking to coaches at this level for leadership of young men is laughable. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’m ok with a warning. But then again, I realize how stupid sports are at this point. Looking to coaches at this level for leadership of young men is laughable. 

How could any player take a coach seriously after something like that?  Another, "do as I say, not as I do," moment.  Such an admirable leader Howard is.

Gard is not without culpability.  He may have wanted to explain himself, but he had no right to try to insist Howard stay there and hear him out. Should have let it go.  Should not have put his hand on the elbow of a guy on tilt.  Who cares if an idiot understands your reasoning, don't touch a guy on tilt, he is not going to hear you or appreciate your point at that time anyhow.

23 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Gard is not without culpability.  He may have wanted to explain himself, but he had no right to try to insist Howard stay there and hear him out. Should have let it go.  Should not have put his hand on the elbow of a guy on tilt.  Who cares if an idiot understands your reasoning, don't touch a guy on tilt, he is not going to hear you or appreciate your point at that time anyhow.

Juwan had a teaching moment right there. And he taught. :dunno:

56 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

How could any player take a coach seriously after something like that?  Another, "do as I say, not as I do," moment.  Such an admirable leader Howard is.

Why would you take any of them seriously in the first place? College sports is a cesspool. Student athletes. Lol. You think it’s always the same teams at the top because of coaching? Again, lol. Kids start school in Kentucky in September and are drafted into the NBA in June. They use each other for a little while and move on to the next. 

43 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why would you take any of them seriously in the first place? College sports is a cesspool. Student athletes. Lol. You think it’s always the same teams at the top because of coaching? Again, lol. Kids start school in Kentucky in September and are drafted into the NBA in June. They use each other for a little while and move on to the next. 

I prefer college sports over professional.  :dunno:

52 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Very true for the top programs as far as results.  The Kentuckys, the Dukes, a half dozen others including at one time Michigan get the one and done guys.  Then there are programs like Wisconsin, Iowa, Purdue who keep their guys in school for four and five years and get them a degree, and for the occasional few, a few good years in the NBA.  Those programs make a run when they are senior and junior heavy rosters.  Teams that compensate for less talent with team play honed over time.  I like those teams.  I like seeing student athletes have a moment in the sun.  The one and dones, the mercenaries who will get their adulation and financial rewards in the NBA, not so much, not for me.

Michigan under Beilein was a class act school.  Period.  How many times did Beilein get us to the Final Four?  Fock Juwan Howard.  I hate him.  Can he recruit?  Yeah.  Can he coach?  No.  He needs to go away.

39 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Very true for the top programs as far as results.  The Kentuckys, the Dukes, a half dozen others including at one time Michigan get the one and done guys.  Then there are programs like Wisconsin, Iowa, Purdue who keep their guys in school for four and five years and get them a degree, and for the occasional few, a few good years in the NBA.  Those programs make a run when they are senior and junior heavy rosters.  Teams that compensate for less talent with team play honed over time.  I like those teams.  I like seeing student athletes have a moment in the sun.  The one and dones, the mercenaries who will get their adulation and financial rewards in the NBA, not so much, not for me.

Bobby Knights graduation rate didn’t save him in the end. And that’s the important part, right? 

54 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don’t. The pros is about money and winning. There is a purity to that. 

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

College basketball minus March Madness is like professional shuffleboard to me.

25 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Bobby Knights graduation rate didn’t save him in the end. And that’s the important part, right? 

Important to whom?  Generally the answer is the alumni as they are the driving force in any school.  Me, I prefer to not be embarrassed by those representing my school, coaches and players both.  Athletic success for our athletic program matters to me, but not equal or more than having decent kids and honorable leaders as coaches.  If either gets too far out of balance, I expect more.  Generally Wisconsin has struck a good balance from my perspective.  I certainly would have loved a national title or two, but far more important to me is that our players are not raping the world, that our coaches are not abusing young gymnasts at our training facilities, that our program is not covering for pedos grooming young men.  I don't want gun play in our dorms.  I want what is not really possible, student athletes and coaches who put respect first, academics second, and athletic success third yet they have that success.  I know, I am unrealistic, foolish even. 

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Im with you on this.  Suspend him for the remainder of the season.   Suitable punishment.  And double secret probatuion

Not trying to be down on Howard as sometimes we lose our cool. But as the AD and school President you have no choice but to let him go because if he ever does it again,  it's your job also. Who here would risk that?

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Sometimes it's more about money than winning in the pros.  I don't see it being any more pure than college.  I enjoy both.  Nothing beats the college football atmosphere for me.

59 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Not trying to be down on Howard as sometimes we lose our cool. But as the AD and school President you have no choice but to let him go because if he ever does it again,  it's your job also. Who here would risk that?

What he did is absurd, and his comments after the fact are absurd.  I completely agree that he needs to go.  The Michigan AD is Warde Manuel.  Also black.  

Howard stays.  Mark my words.

4 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

There's no such thing as "college sports" any more.  They're all professionals at this point.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

There's no such thing as "college sports" any more.  They're all professionals at this point.

I don't really care what you want to call it.  I know what I enjoy watching.  There are still going to be more people playing for love of the game in college athletics than on the professional level as well.

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't really care what you want to call it.  I know what I enjoy watching.  There are still going to be more people playing for love of the game in college athletics than on the professional level as well.

I agree.  I prefer college hoops over the NBA, and it's not even close.