Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

Biden to nominate Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson to Supreme Court

Recommended Posts

I don't know anything about her.  She might be a good and decent advocate for the constitution and rule of law. 

If I were to dislike her purely because of who nominated her, then I become a Democrat.  Let's see if Biden saw more than gender and skin color in this instance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If she's qualified, I'm fine with anyone.  But, my guess is that she's a leftist and as long as they're outnumbered 6-3, it doesn't bother me.  To me, this is the ideal way to do things.  Give leftists a voice, but ignore them.  Brown, Sotomayor, & Kagan will be able to say and do anything they want... their voices will just be muted.  Democrats are fine, Leftists are not.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I don't know anything about her.  She might be a good and decent advocate for the constitution and rule of law. 

If I were to dislike her purely because of who nominated her, then I become a Democrat.  Let's see if Biden saw more than gender and skin color in this instance. 

He previously said he was going to nominate based upon race and gender. 

That's not right from last I heard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've only briefly read about her back ground, and I am not mad at it....I'd like to learn more though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did Breyer officially resign though?  I thought someone suggested that he should, because he's older, and while a Democrat is in office, now would be the time he should do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

I've only briefly read about her back ground, and I am not mad at it....I'd like to learn more though. 

I know nothing about her, she could be fine.  Util is pissed because she's black, he's a racist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

He previously said he was going to nominate based upon race and gender. 

That's not right from last I heard.

But not like how Reagan, Bush 1 & 2 and Trump all selected judges based on one of those qualities....it's when someone does both that it's an issue.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She gets overturned. A lot. Like almost everything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

But not like how Reagan, Bush 1 & 2 and Trump all selected judges based on one of those qualities....it's when someone does both that it's an issue.  

When did amy of them say they were focusing on race or gender? Biden said it multiple times that he was. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I say they give her the white man Kavanaugh treatment to progressively make the process reflect true equality.  :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

She gets overturned. A lot. Like almost everything. 

That's what I'm reading too. She ignored clear law in an effort to try and strike down President Trumps E.O.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

That's what I'm reading too. She ignored clear law in an effort to try and strike down President Trumps E.O.

And if she gets cut down, you know what word of the day will be. Racist!!

That's why the libs want a black female.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

And if she gets cut down, you know what word of the day will be. Racist!!

That's why the libs want a black female.

It's why the centrist in this thread are even scared to criticize her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

And if she gets cut down, you know what word of the day will be. Racist!!

That's why the libs want a black female.

But we have seen the leftists go after black females as well.  Look at how they handled Winsome Sears.

If you are a leftist people can only think one way, your way, or they are evil.  This is what they did to her as well.  Now her gender and skin color afforded her a nice measure of protection, but they still tried.

Totalitarianism does not allow for alternative view points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RLLD said:

I don't know anything about her.  

Neither does Peefoam. He doesn’t like her cause she’s black.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I'm sure the other members of scotus are appreciative that there's one more member with a receding hairline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MDC said:

Neither does Peefoam. He doesn’t like her cause she’s black.

Time to do some research I think, learn what we can. I think its an exciting time actually. Over the least 4-5 years I think we have seen a rejuvenation in the court. I like it generally speaking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, posty said:

Is Biden going to be against her like he was when Bush nominated a black woman for the SCOTUS in 2003?

Have you ever smelled black women's hair? It smells like baby powder and chemicals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

That's what I'm reading too. She ignored clear law in an effort to try and strike down President Trumps E.O.

That’s why they want her. She DGAF, she will toe the party line, legalities be damned. Constitution. Pfffft. Only when it fits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Have you ever smelled black women's hair? It smells like baby powder and chemicals. 

I do enjoy the smell of cocoa butter.... 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think everyone that serves on the court votes according to their beliefs and not in alignment with their color. See: Clarence Thomas 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, peenie said:

I think everyone that serves on the court votes according to their beliefs and not in alignment with their color. See: Clarence Thomas 

I love Clerence, literally slept through the first twenty years of his term. Talk about reinforcing a stereotype. Dude didn't give a f***. Knew he couldn't be fired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RLLD said:

But we have seen the leftists go after black females as well.  Look at how they handled Winsome Sears.

If you are a leftist people can only think one way, your way, or they are evil.  This is what they did to her as well.  Now her gender and skin color afforded her a nice measure of protection, but they still tried.

Totalitarianism does not allow for alternative view points.

When it comes to opposing political parties, social views, etc., the liberals see party affiliation and that's it. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, peenie said:

I think everyone that serves on the court votes according to their beliefs and not in alignment with their color. See: Clarence Thomas 

I think this is 100% accurate. I do not believe that black people can or should only think one way. But there are those out there who do.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She's qualified on paper; is she the one who clerked for Breyer in the past?  The link in the link in the OP described the overturns; those are disconcerting because they show her as an activist vs. a jurist.  But that is par for the course for liberal appointees.  As Obama said, elections have consequences, so hopefully she can just sit in the corner with Sotomayor and Kagan making activists votes with no basis in law, and nothing will come of it.  :dunno: 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a mummified sh1t i took in 1987 is more qualified than that idiot Sotomayor. 

Worst choice ever, she is a complete focking moron.

Thanks for listening. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liberal friend of mine on Faceberg "the visual of this nomination is what we needed today"

I know we already know that liberals do not care about anything other than their feelings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know she'll be terrible. See all the other appointees made by this insane left shItbag administration. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, peenie said:

I think everyone that serves on the court votes according to their beliefs and not in alignment with their color. See: Clarence Thomas 

Soprised he never got an endorsement deal with Coke...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jerryskids said:

She's qualified on paper; is she the one who clerked for Breyer in the past?  The link in the link in the OP described the overturns; those are disconcerting because they show her as an activist vs. a jurist.  But that is par for the course for liberal appointees.  As Obama said, elections have consequences, so hopefully she can just sit in the corner with Sotomayor and Kagan making activists votes with no basis in law, and nothing will come of it.  :dunno: 

Yeah. I hope the republicans put her through hell during this process. She is not a good candidate for that job and should not be in this position. 

Liberals more than anyone should be pissed at biden for coming out months ago and claiming he will pick someone based on their race and their gender and not on the quality of person, their intelligence of the constitution and what it means, and their record on the job.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Born in DC.   Mom was school principal, dad was an attorney for a school board.     She went to Harvard in the 90s (Harvard in the 90s was patient zero for wokeness).     Senior thesis at Harvard titled "The Hand of Oppression: Plea Bargaining Processes and the Coercion of Criminal Defendants".    Her husband is white and wears a bow tie.    She clerked for Breyer.   Politico reports that "Jackson is popular with liberal legal activists looking to replace Breyer with a justice willing to engage in ideological combat with the court's conservatives."   

What are the chances she pulls a Souter and goes conservative when she gets appointed?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Yeah. I hope the republicans put her through hell during this process. She is not a good candidate for that job and should not be in this position. 

Liberals more than anyone should be pissed at biden for coming out months ago and claiming he will pick someone based on their race and their gender and not on the quality of person, their intelligence of the constitution and what it means, and their record on the job.  

I would prefer they not do so.  

I maintain that conservatives MUST NOT ACT LIKE DEMOCRAT TODDLERS

You know how when Biden was elected and they espoused how the adults were back in charge. Well that was projection. One thing is for certain, liberals are NOT adults, that is why they use the term so abundantly.

The vetting process is there to ensure the candidate is suitable, competent and qualified.  Let's return it to that. Let's not replicate the amoral behaviors of Democrats.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I would prefer they not do so.  

I maintain that conservatives MUST NOT ACT LIKE DEMOCRAT TODDLERS

You know how when Biden was elected and they espoused how the adults were back in charge. Well that was projection. One thing is for certain, liberals are NOT adults, that is why they use the term so abundantly.

The vetting process is there to ensure the candidate is suitable, competent and qualified.  Let's return it to that. Let's not replicate the amoral behaviors of Democrats.

 

Couldn't agree more.   Worst case scenario is she votes the same way as Breyer.     Why use up a bunch of political capital on this?  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RLLD said:

I would prefer they not do so.  

I maintain that conservatives MUST NOT ACT LIKE DEMOCRAT TODDLERS

You know how when Biden was elected and they espoused how the adults were back in charge. Well that was projection. One thing is for certain, liberals are NOT adults, that is why they use the term so abundantly.

The vetting process is there to ensure the candidate is suitable, competent and qualified.  Let's return it to that. Let's not replicate the amoral behaviors of Democrats.

 

 

This nomination is the epitome of hypocrisy by liberals on the national stage. Black people accepting to be catered to is a serious problem. All this talk about equality over the last few years and yet the black community will accept inequality only if it benefits them. 

I would have expected this woman to feel offended by being treated as if she is incapable of competing with the whole of the country.  

Watch how much biden pats himself on the back at the state of the union address. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

 

This nomination is the epitome of hypocrisy by liberals on the national stage. Black people accepting to be catered to is a serious problem. All this talk about equality over the last few years and yet the black community will accept inequality only if it benefits them. 

I would have expected this woman to feel offended by being treated as if she is incapable of competing with the whole of the country.  

Watch how much biden pats himself on the back at the state of the union address. 

Perhaps.  But is she qualified?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

When it comes to opposing political parties, social views, etc., the liberals see party affiliation and that's it. 

This is evident.  It comes through clearly in nearly every Democrat speaking situation. Sadly, they wall themselves off from thinking past what is right in front of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know nothing about her.

But I know Biden said he wasn't considering anyone but a black female.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×