Sign in to follow this  
MTSkiBum

Zay Jones

He was the starter for 10 games last year and over those 10 games he put up 46 catches for 500 yards, he was a solid flex for deeper leagues at the end of the year and technically even had wr 3 stats.

Any chance he is the starter next year? Fantasy pros says the below about him

Analysis:Jones has been impressive over the final stretch of the season, and could be an interesting sleeper pick next season should he find himself in the proper situation. A return to Las Vegas is certainly not out of question either, although he should draw the interest of many teams across the league.

It would be hard to predict Jones suddenly "breaking out" in his 7th season; more likely he is what he appears to be, a 500 yard, 2 TD a year kind of irrelevancy.

I bet Robby Anderson does better than Zay Jones...

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

It would be hard to predict Jones suddenly "breaking out" in his 7th season; more likely he is what he appears to be, a 500 yard, 2 TD a year kind of irrelevancy.

I bet Robby Anderson does better than Zay Jones...

He could be the next bobby engram. I know it is unlikely, but I have some deep leagues with quite a few flex positions. 

I need to figure out which end of bench scrubs have the most potential next year.

If you need to make this decision for some reason today, he’s worth having on a deep bench.  

But with so much variables like a new coach the draft fa it’s hard to say. 

I would agree that he’s a tough  one to buy based on his relatively unimpressive body of work.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

He could be the next bobby engram. I know it is unlikely, but I have some deep leagues with quite a few flex positions. 

I need to figure out which end of bench scrubs have the most potential next year.

Engram did almost hit 1000 yards two years in a row in his 3rd and 4th seasons (missed it by 13 yards one year and 53 the next), and that was with some really bad QB play.  I don't think Zay Jones is that kind of player.  I think he could post a 60/700/4 season.  That's a guy that I would draft.  Will also have to see if the Raiders draft a WR.  My guess is that they will with their 1st round pick.  They also might go after Adams, Godwin, or Robinson

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback, I can do 3 add/drops before the start of free agency and just trying to get my flyers in order.

I can decide between such future studs as the aforementioned Zay Jones or guys like Braxton Berrios, N'Keal Harry, Antoine Wesley, tutu atwell, etc.

4 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

Thanks for the feedback, I can do 3 add/drops before the start of free agency and just trying to get my flyers in order.

I can decide between such future studs as the aforementioned Zay Jones or guys like Braxton Berrios, N'Keal Harry, Antoine Wesley, tutu atwell, etc.

Go for youth

5 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

With him being a FA, I think I'd wait to use one of those picks.  Sure, he may end up in a great situation as a #3 WR, such as in KC or LA.. but I think there's a more likely scenario that if he doesn't go back to LV, he may end up on a team who's desperate and over pays him.

I like Berrios the most out of the guys on that list, but Zach White is pretty terrible.  I'd just wait until after the draft and after the top WR's sign somewhere.

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

With him being a FA, I think I'd wait to use one of those picks.  Sure, he may end up in a great situation as a #3 WR, such as in KC or LA.. but I think there's a more likely scenario that if he doesn't go back to LV, he may end up on a team who's desperate and over pays him.

I like Berrios the most out of the guys on that list, but Zach White is pretty terrible.  I'd just wait until after the draft and after the top WR's sign somewhere.

But that is after I have to make my decision, I can do 3 pickups before March 14. First offseason for this particular dynasty league, i wonder if anyone of note will ever be picked up during this time.

22 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

But that is after I have to make my decision, I can do 3 pickups before March 14. First offseason for this particular dynasty league, i wonder if anyone of note will ever be picked up during this time.

Ah, gotchya.  How many rounds is your draft?  When I played in a couple, one was 3 rounds/rookies only.  Two weeks later was waivers.  In another league, it was 5 rounds and you can draft whomever you want.  In another, you kept picking until you were done.

15 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Ah, gotchya.  How many rounds is your draft?  When I played in a couple, one was 3 rounds/rookies only.  Two weeks later was waivers.  In another league, it was 5 rounds and you can draft whomever you want.  In another, you kept picking until you were done.

It is 3 rounds, rookies only.

I wanted 5 rounds and vets included but I was out voted.

just to chime in.... this is another player whose value REALLY depends on situation.

the good news for you is that nobody is really looking at him right now.

I wouldnt go drafting him (or keeping him) unless your bench is deep.  you likely can get him for free on the wire in week 1 or 2 or very late in your draft.

he is, however, a player to watch.  hes shown he can get it done in the situation he was in.  

to analyze further, I would look at what type of games was he playing in where he had success.   positive or negative gamescript?

I'd also mention that this is a team whose #1 WR got dismissed midseason for running someone over while drunk driving.  normally he wouldnt have even been given a shot.

that said he got the shot and showed he can do some things.  but for me this is really a situational thing still.    The team is likely bringing in a #1 WR.  if that happens and he stays, where does that put him on the depth chart?   the team supposedly really likes Bryan Edwards too and they may want him to progress into the starting rotation.

that said, he may actually have more value on another team if they do actually draft or trade for a #1 WR.   so that brings us back to square one.  what is his value?

for now I wouldnt commit too much as his situation is very fluid.  once we have a better idea of where he will play, who his QB will be and such we can likely give you a better idea of his value.

I did get to see a few games where he performed, and it really looked like (at least in one case) the defense dismissed him as a threat and got burned.  I saw him make some catches and it was clear that he wasnt even covered.   but I also saw him make some spectacular drops (which is also a bit concerning)  so there is lots to look at here, but hes a guy I suspect you will be able to get on the cheap regardless,  so I dont think there is any reason to be in a rush to grab him now (if that is an option in your league)