Wordle scores

2 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

The geek club is always 2 weeks behind the rest of the internet :lol:

Happy Valentine's Day

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I consider our general ignorance of the internet to be a good thing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I installed it 2 weeks ago and uninstalled it when I couldn't figure out the 1st word

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I started playing it two weeks ago  :lol:.  First time, I got it in 3, thought it was easy---today was my 2nd three and I needed to brag.  

Got today's in 3.  Usually I get 4 with a more conservative approach but @Mike Honchogot 3 so I felt challenged and took a risk.  Same with yesterday, my daughter got 3 so I couldn't let her beat me.  :D

6 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Got today's in 3.  Usually I get 4 with a more conservative approach but @Mike Honchogot 3 so I felt challenged and took a risk.  Same with yesterday, my daughter got 3 so I couldn't let her beat me.  :D

You are better than me...my bell curve would be right at 4.5.  I get conservative and usually do three random words to start to get as many letters possible, today, my 2nd random word just got me there.

2 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

What the hell is a wordle ?

A game where you have six guess to guess a five-letter word...  It has one word a day...

In Honcho's post, the yellow means the letter is in the word, but not in the correct location...  Green means it is in the correct location...

Just now, posty said:

A game where you have six guess to guess a five-letter word...  It has one word a day...

App ? Website ? Newspaper ?

5 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

What the hell is a wordle ?

Game---you have 6 guesses to figure out a 5 letter word.  Every letter that is in the "word" comes back yellow(correct letter, incorrect position) or green (correct letter in correct position).

Wordle

It's definitely a bragging rights thing in our office every day---and it's very rare that I get to brag.  This will only be my 2nd low score.

I think it is funny as hell when people whine about the word being "too hard" and having "too many possibilities" when trying to figure out the last letter...

LOOK AT ME!! 

I know useless words!   

Damn, I was close to tying you. This was my first time ever trying.

Wordle 257 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

You are better than me...my bell curve would be right at 4.5.  I get conservative and usually do three random words to start to get as many letters possible, today, my 2nd random word just got me there.

I just looked; I've only done the "original" one 6 times (I had been playing a knockoff without knowing it).  Of the 6, I've gotten it in 3 twice, 4 thrice, and 5 once (focking "rupee," I guessed "puree" on my 4th guess, that's actually more of a real word dambit! :lol: ).  So I guess I'm averaging just under 4.

Like you I typically spend 2 or 3 turns exhausting letters and then I can hone it down.

I'm a big crossword puzzler so this is right up my alley.  @Mookz is my crossword buddy here; wonder if he's playing it?  :cheers:

13 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

There's also a math version.

https://www.mathler.com/

mathler.com  30 4/6

⬜🟨🟨⬜🟨🟩
🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟨🟩🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I'm hooked.  The smart phone app is wordus.  Same exact thing except you don't have to wait for the next puzzle.  Excellent time killer.  Even paid 3.99 for no ads

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I just looked; I've only done the "original" one 6 times (I had been playing a knockoff without knowing it).  Of the 6, I've gotten it in 3 twice, 4 thrice, and 5 once (focking "rupee," I guessed "puree" on my 4th guess, that's actually more of a real word dambit! :lol: ).  So I guess I'm averaging just under 4.

Like you I typically spend 2 or 3 turns exhausting letters and then I can hone it down.

I'm a big crossword puzzler so this is right up my alley.  @Mookz is my crossword buddy here; wonder if he's playing it?  :cheers:

Rupee was the last word I didn't get, my 6th and final guess was "puree".  :lol:

This is probably the only word thing I've ever been passable at doing. I suck at Scrabble, Wheel of Fortune and crosswords.  But Wordle, well it's about the simplest word game you can do, so it's right up my alley.

Just now, Mike Honcho said:

Rupee was the last word I didn't get, my 6th and final guess was "puree".  :lol:

This is probably the only word thing I've ever been passable at doing. I suck at Scrabble, Wheel of Fortune and crosswords.  But Wordle, well it's about the simplest word game you can do, so it's right up my alley.

How do you know? The azzholes don't tell you the word if you fail. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

(focking "rupee," I guessed "puree" on my 4th guess, that's actually more of a real word dambit! :lol: ).  

Yeah, I was like WTF is with using "rupee" as the word?  I think I got it in 5 but I was surprised it was that. 

My favorite one was a couple weeks ago:  MOIST

I was hoping PANTY would be the word the next day, but alas I was disappointed. 😥

mathler.com  30 3/6

⬜⬜🟨🟩⬜🟨
🟨🟨⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 257 4/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Just now, DonS said:

My favorite one was a couple weeks ago:  MOIST

I heard about that... There were apparently a lot of uncomfortable people with that one...

1 minute ago, edjr said:

How do you know? The azzholes don't tell you the word if you fail. 

Just didn't it on another computer, the NYT version absolutely tells you if the word if you don't get it.  Also with Rupee and Puree, when I guessed puree and had all the letters and three in the correct position, even my dumbass could figure out what the correct word was.   :D  

9 minutes ago, posty said:

mathler.com  30 2/6

🟩⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Good job, I just tried it for the first time, took 3 turns tho.  :wall: 

9 minutes ago, posty said:

mathler.com  30 2/6

🟩⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

mathler.com  30 3/6

⬜🟨🟨⬜🟩⬜
🟨🟨🟨🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

But I just had the first two numbers reversed on the 2nd one.  Kind of BS that doesn't count as a correct solution. :mad:

8 * 12 -7

WTF is Wordle?

and why is everybody doing it?

3 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

WTF is Wordle?

Keep reading thread for exactly what it it...but basically, it's just the latest time waster on the internet--with the nice thing that you can only do one a day and it only wastes about 5 minutes max.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, Mike Honcho said:

Keep reading thread for exactly what it it...but basically, it's just the latest time waster on the internet--with the nice thing that you can only do one a day and it only wastes about 5 minutes max.  

It's also great for competitive people since everyone is trying to figure out the same word each day.

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

It's also great for competitive people since everyone is trying to figure out the same word each day.

Just answered my question. 

Just now, TommyGavin said:

Took me 6 tries. 
Are we all doing the same word on the NYT version ?

Wordle only puts out one word a day...

19 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

WTF is Wordle?

WR for the Dolphins with his name misspelled 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

thanks for the short briefing......I might have read it later after I woke up.