Mike Honcho

Wordle scores

21 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

Took me 6 tries. 
Are we all doing the same word on the NYT version ?

My second 'turns' was how I got it in three today---just lucky. 

4 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Nobody cares about your Wordle score.  

I think we know who didn't get the word today. :lol:

• Haha 1

https://www.yahoo.com/news/wordle-cheating-time-high-study-193649315.html

Since The New York Times bought Wordle in late January, some players have become convinced the viral word game has become more difficult than ever before. While that claim remains unproven, a new study shows that cheating while playing Wordle has become more prevalent since the Times’ takeover.

WordFinderX, a word games reference tool, conducted a study using Google Trends data to show just how many people are searching for the answer to the day’s Wordle.

According to the study, which looked at data through Feb. 20, Google searches for “today’s Wordle” increased by 196% since The New York Times bought the free game.

Search interest for the day’s Wordle had the largest one week increase from February 6 to 13, when interest jumped from nearly 70 on Google’s popularity scale to 100.

The New York Times bought Wordle on Jan. 31, and the Wordle domain officially redirected to a Times website on Feb. 10.

The two most difficult words — and most popular days for cheating — for players appear to be Feb. 15’s “AROMA,” and Feb. 19’s “SWILL.”

Not only did the study analyze the searches over the past three months, but they were able to pinpoint which state these “cheaters” live from.

The “biggest cheaters,” according to WordFinderX, can be found in the northeast.

New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont, as well as Washington D.C., Massachusetts and Maine all had the highest number of “todays Wordle” searches in that time period.

When McClatchy News ran its own search of Google Trends data, we found the least likely offenders were from Alaska, followed by Mississippi, New Mexico and Kentucky.

These cheaters also commonly play in the morning. The study says the searches were most often done between 7 and 8 a.m.

The graph provided by the study does indicate that cheating has become more prevalent since the New York Times takeover, but it also may be due to the game’s rising popularity — since more people playing means more opportunities to cheat. Regardless, it does appear that cheating at the simple word game has increased, especially since the start of February.

Just now, posty said:

Since The New York Times bought Wordle in late January, some players have become convinced the viral word game has become more difficult than ever before. While that claim remains unproven, a new study shows that cheating while playing Wordle has become more prevalent since the Times’ takeover.

WordFinderX, a word games reference tool, conducted a study using Google Trends data to show just how many people are searching for the answer to the day’s Wordle.

According to the study, which looked at data through Feb. 20, Google searches for “today’s Wordle” increased by 196% since The New York Times bought the free game.

Search interest for the day’s Wordle had the largest one week increase from February 6 to 13, when interest jumped from nearly 70 on Google’s popularity scale to 100.

The New York Times bought Wordle on Jan. 31, and the Wordle domain officially redirected to a Times website on Feb. 10.

The two most difficult words — and most popular days for cheating — for players appear to be Feb. 15’s “AROMA,” and Feb. 19’s “SWILL.”

Not only did the study analyze the searches over the past three months, but they were able to pinpoint which state these “cheaters” live from.

The “biggest cheaters,” according to WordFinderX, can be found in the northeast.

New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont, as well as Washington D.C., Massachusetts and Maine all had the highest number of “todays Wordle” searches in that time period.

When McClatchy News ran its own search of Google Trends data, we found the least likely offenders were from Alaska, followed by Mississippi, New Mexico and Kentucky.

These cheaters also commonly play in the morning. The study says the searches were most often done between 7 and 8 a.m.

The graph provided by the study does indicate that cheating has become more prevalent since the New York Times takeover, but it also may be due to the game’s rising popularity — since more people playing means more opportunities to cheat. Regardless, it does appear that cheating at the simple word game has increased, especially since the start of February.

I remember SWILL and people struggling with it.  Those double letters will get ya.

7 minutes ago, posty said:

Open wordle in incognito tab---get answer---open in normal browser and answer in how many guesses you want.  Then google can't track your cheating...not that I ever thought about it. :unsure:

Wordle 257 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟨⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 

:lol:

15 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I remember SWILL and people struggling with it.  Those double letters will get ya.

They did vivid last week.  That sucked..Got it on the 6th try but I was sure I'd miss that one.

22 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

They did vivid last week.  That sucked..Got it on the 6th try but I was sure I'd miss that one.

Vivid was the hardest word I've seen so far.

8=>

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Vivid was the hardest word I've seen so far.

I helped the lady get it. She was on the last chance and didn't want to be wrong. When I said "vivid" she said. THAT MUST BE IT!

2 days in a row!  Really should have gotten it in 2.  Wasn't thinking with my 2nd guess...  :doh:

Wordle 258 3/6

🟩🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟩⬜⬜🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

23 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

2 days in a row!  Really should have gotten it in 2.  Wasn't thinking with my 2nd guess...  :doh:

Wordle 258 3/6

🟩🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟩⬜⬜🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Took me four.  Don't spoil it for others, but I'm trying to figure out your first word that got that combination. 🤔

3 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Alright, gonna try it.  App store has several with Wordle in the title, which is the legit one?

Go to the website, not the app.

55 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Took me four.  Don't spoil it for others, but I'm trying to figure out your first word that got that combination. 🤔

Thanks a lot. Just spent the last 10 minutes trying to figure it out myself. 

edit to add. I figured out the word. I’ve used it a few times myself. Duh

I've been playing it daily for at least a month and have only lost once, and that's when they had that ridiculous word that got everyone :mad:.

Wordle 258 4/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Pulled it out of my butt.

Mathler in 3 again.

38 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Same first word I use every day...you want a PM or do you want to try and figure work it out?

17 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Alright, gonna try it.  App store has several with Wordle in the title, which is the legit one?

None, it's at the NY Times for free.  Google it.

Ok, so gold means you got a correct letter and green means a correct letter and the right spot?  I got 2 gold on my first word, but thought that meant correct spot too.  I failed.

2 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Ok, so gold means you got a correct letter and green means a correct letter and the right spot?  I got 2 gold on my first word, but thought that meant correct spot too.  I failed.

Correct.  You are an engineer at heart; you don't read directions.  :thumbsup: :lol: 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

You messed me up, I used a word that uses all uncommon letters as my first guess because I read your post before trying. That is what I get for cheating a little bit. :lol:

Wordle 258 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Yikes.  I can't believe how hard I struggles on today's word.

Ditto...  In fact I didn't get it, it just didn't click...

Maybe I should tweet about it how hard it was and complain...

• Haha 1

Wordle 258 4/6

🟩🟨⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 

Yesterday's was the first one I ever did. Got a little better today. 

I was going to ask a question but didn't want to spoil it for anybody else. Although, you guys all know the rules already. So I just took a shot and got it right. 

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

rupee was pretty tough

I have done 31 games

1 2nd guess

11 3rd

11 4th

7 5th

1 6th

0 misses

I only have 14 games played because I was using the older version before the NY Times bought them.

Zero first guesses

Zero second guesses

4 third guesses

5 fourth guesses

4 fifth guesses

1 sixth guess

0 misses

1 minute ago, 5-Points said:

Wordle 258 4/6

🟩🟨⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 

Yesterday's was the first one I ever did. Got a little better today. 

I was going to ask a question but didn't want to spoil it for anybody else. Although, you guys all know the rules already. So I just took a shot and got it right. 

yah they started adding double letters, it messed it up for a few people

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

yah they started adding double letters, it messed it up for a few people

:thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

rupee was pretty tough

I have done 31 games

1 2nd guess

11 3rd

11 4th

6 5th

2 6th

0 misses

way better than me., I already got 2 fails in only 20 games. Shake(missed getting the K) and Rupee. I stupidly wasted a guess with Rupee, and finished with puree, knowing it had to be one of the two words.

On 3/3/2022 at 9:55 AM, Hawkeye21 said:

There's also a math version.

https://www.mathler.com/

Took me 4 tries to get 11. On the third step I had the exact set up, but the wrong numbers of two possibilities. It was a coin flip. Almost had it in 3. 

Just now, Utilit99 said:
Took me 4 tries to get 11. On the third step I had the exact set up, but the wrong numbers of two possibilities. It was a coin flip. Almost had it in 3. 

I've found mathler to be easier than wordle.  There are fewer possibilities with finding the right equation.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I've found mathler to be easier than wordle.  There are fewer possibilities with finding the right equation.

Yeah, at least for that one at least. With wordles you don't get a clue. Unless I missed it somewhere. Only tried each once.