ICEMAN

Your teams offseason hopes.

What moves do you hope your team makes this offseason?

As a Pat's fan, I pray that Belichick doesn't trade out of the first round. I hope that they take one of the WR's that can be difference makers. I also hope that Mac Jones hires a nutritionist and hits the weights. That kid has to put on some muscle, or he is going to start missing games left and right.

ICEMAN

NY Giants- I hope/Would like to take the best OT or EDGE with the 5th pick in the draft, and trade back Da Bears pick at 7 for multiple day 2 picks to finish rebuilding the line and shoring up other areas like LB and TE. 

texans they need it all, so any move is a good move.  Hopefully they can trade Watson and maybe Tunsil to pick up more picks.

23 hours ago, jrokh said:

NY Giants- I hope/Would like to take the best OT or EDGE with the 5th pick in the draft, and trade back Da Bears pick at 7 for multiple day 2 picks to finish rebuilding the line and shoring up other areas like LB and TE. 

Exactly. Also gut the team and take the cap hits now. 

For Washington we need a QB who is good enough to win the division and still be the QB 3 years from now.  And at this point I don’t care if they give up the whole 2022 draft to get him.

obviously, steelers have to bring in a servicable (at least) QB.  if they don't they're looking at tomlin's first losing season

2 hours ago, cavern said:

obviously, steelers have to bring in a servicable (at least) QB.  if they don't they're looking at tomlin's first losing season

I think it’s unbelievable that he’s never had a losing record, that team as been underachieving since he took over Cowher team.  

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

I think it’s unbelievable that he’s never had a losing record, that team as been underachieving since he took over Cowher team.  

maybe.  but if they have never had a losing record, how much did they underachieve really?

so they got 9 wins when they should have got 10 or maybe 11?

There were a couple years where they were legit superbowl contenders, but there were a few where I thought they did well to make the playoffs given some of the flaws on the team.

bottom line... I dont think he was THAT bad a coach.  

he was NOT the best coach in the league, but he was also definitely not the worst.

Average to slighlty above average is how I'd define his coaching.   and that rating varied by year.

On 3/5/2022 at 1:19 PM, jrokh said:

agreed.  this is what they SHOULD do.  I have a strange feeling this isnt what they will actually do.

maybe I'm more skeptical than I should be, but the management of this team has disappointed me for a long time.

4 hours ago, weepaws said:

i think 9 playoffs, seven division titles, three AFC Championship games, two Super Bowl appearances, and a Super Bowl title in 15 years is plenty good to not qualify as underachieving.

i've gotten frustrated with him plenty over his tenure, but the big picture looks pretty good.  imho

7 hours ago, Ray_T said:

maybe.  but if they have never had a losing record, how much did they underachieve really?

so they got 9 wins when they should have got 10 or maybe 11?

There were a couple years where they were legit superbowl contenders, but there were a few where I thought they did well to make the playoffs given some of the flaws on the team.

bottom line... I dont think he was THAT bad a coach.  

he was NOT the best coach in the league, but he was also definitely not the worst.

Average to slighlty above average is how I'd define his coaching.   and that rating varied by year.

More success in the post season.  Let’s try that.  This team has underperformed with Tomlin as their head coach.  Your smart arse remarks about total wins in season does  not justify how this team has underperformed. Haven’t won a post season game since 2016, yea they have underperformed. 

Three post season wins since 2012.  Yea they have underperformed   

4 hours ago, cavern said:

i think 9 playoffs, seven division titles, three AFC Championship games, two Super Bowl appearances, and a Super Bowl title in 15 years is plenty good to not qualify as underachieving.

i've gotten frustrated with him plenty over his tenure, but the big picture looks pretty good.  imho

His first super bowl I give most of that credit to the team he took over from Cowher, all those great number are pleasing to make one feel comfortable, they won one super bowl with arguably the best team in the league many of the seasons the over ranked Tomlin has been their head coach.  But hey if fans like yourself are happy with that success, so be it.  

I’ve said it many many many times , Tomlin is over valued as a head coach.  So of course you’ve been frustrated. 

Three post season wins since 2012, and on a team that’s been loaded with talent, you’re right that’s not underachieving, that’s horrible.  

Pats fan here, I want a WR, some big bodied talent up front on the defense, and the Pats to not be wrong when they let JC Jackson walk.

I’m hoping to go 1 for 3 :unsure:

Seahawks - Resign Diggs, Reed, and Green on defense. Resign Dissly on offense. Sign an o lineman in free agency. Then in the draft use our first, two seconds and third on a Qb, Rb, and 2 more o lineman. 

On 3/7/2022 at 12:49 PM, Bier Meister said:

49ers= Strengthen DB

And the OL ... After the wasted pick of Sermon and arguably Lance possibly costing them just what they needed to beat the Rams I think it's clear the most important move is for Lynch to inform Shanahan that he will not have a say in how Lynch is spending draft capital.

On 3/10/2022 at 5:29 AM, Kopy said:

Seahawks - Resign Diggs, Reed, and Green on defense. Resign Dissly on offense. Sign an o lineman in free agency. Then in the draft use our first, two seconds and third on a Qb, Rb, and 2 more o lineman. 

they will likely need to spend all those picks to move into the number one spot if they want the top QB in this class.  That seems to be the way things go.   it might cost less as this is considered a weaker QB class.   

If they wanna spend that kind of draft capital, I think its more likely they make a serious pitch for Desean Watson now that his legal situation is looking like it may resolve itself.  the cost is likely the same and the chances of ending up with someone who can play is better than if you go to the draft.    

personally, I think there are enough holes in that team that the smart move is to fill some of those (especially on the O line) before getting a QB.   if they couldnt win with Wilson, I doubt that any rookie in what people are calling a subpar QB class is gonna go out and do better.

might even be better off paying a lower price to get a guy like Garner Minshew.   I think hes worth rolling the dice on and you dont have to throw away all your first round picks to do it.

7 hours ago, Ray_T said:

they will likely need to spend all those picks to move into the number one spot if they want the top QB in this class.  That seems to be the way things go.   it might cost less as this is considered a weaker QB class.   

If they wanna spend that kind of draft capital, I think its more likely they make a serious pitch for Desean Watson now that his legal situation is looking like it may resolve itself.  the cost is likely the same and the chances of ending up with someone who can play is better than if you go to the draft.    

personally, I think there are enough holes in that team that the smart move is to fill some of those (especially on the O line) before getting a QB.   if they couldnt win with Wilson, I doubt that any rookie in what people are calling a subpar QB class is gonna go out and do better.

might even be better off paying a lower price to get a guy like Garner Minshew.   I think hes worth rolling the dice on and you dont have to throw away all your first round picks to do it.

I think they can get Willis at 9. Let him and Lock battle it out, and if you gotta start Lock because he's just not ready. Then do so.

On 3/10/2022 at 7:29 AM, Kopy said:

With Fant coming in the Wilson trade is Dissly still likely to stay? 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

With Fant coming in the Wilson trade is Dissly still likely to stay? 

Good question. I know he likes it there, and if he's just gonna be a backup somewhere else also. I'd think he'd be all for coming back. I suppose it just depends on what his market is.

With all this talk of a potential Watson trade. I'm wondering if Duane Brown will be back in the discussion also. He's still a quality LT depending on his price. I believe him and Watson get along fairly well also.

7 minutes ago, Kopy said:

Good question. I know he likes it there, and if he's just gonna be a backup somewhere else also. I'd think he'd be all for coming back. I suppose it just depends on what his market is.

With all this talk of a potential Watson trade. I'm wondering if Duane Brown will be back in the discussion also. He's still a quality LT depending on his price. I believe him and Watson get along fairly well also.

With all these tight ends getting tagged, if I play that position I’m seeing what FA has to bring. Now that most of the NFL is playing deep cover, the action is going to be underneath. These teams see that. Hell, Seattle sees that bringing back Fant in the deal.  It’s a good time to be a TE 

14 hours ago, Flipper said:

And the OL ... After the wasted pick of Sermon and arguably Lance possibly costing them just what they needed to beat the Rams I think it's clear the most important move is for Lynch to inform Shanahan that he will not have a say in how Lynch is spending draft capital.

Is there no hope for Sermon in the future? Seems a little premature to totally write him off, but I’m also ignorant in most things 49ers…

29 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Is there no hope for Sermon in the future? Seems a little premature to totally write him off, but I’m also ignorant in most things 49ers…

In fantasy football terms. I recall alot of "experts" saying forget about Serman in round 1 of your dynasty draft. And grab Mitchell in round 3 or later last year.

6 hours ago, Kopy said:

I think they can get Willis at 9. Let him and Lock battle it out, and if you gotta start Lock because he's just not ready. Then do so.

if they dont have to move up to get him then perhaps thats fair.   only time will tell.   All I know is based on the scouting reports I have looked at, I wouldnt be sacraficing any extra first round picks to move up to take any QB.   Not in this draft class.

17 hours ago, Ray_T said:

if they dont have to move up to get him then perhaps thats fair.   only time will tell.   All I know is based on the scouting reports I have looked at, I wouldnt be sacraficing any extra first round picks to move up to take any QB.   Not in this draft class.

Agreed

Trey Lance was projected to go in the middle of the first. You never know once the QB hype gets going. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Trey Lance was projected to go in the middle of the first. You never know once the QB hype gets going. 

Yup.

Seems like every year there’s a couple QB prospects that are supposed to be mid or late first rounders, and then everyone figures well, gee, isn’t that the most important position on the field? 🤔 And so they shoot up the boards, and as well they probably should

• Thanks 1

There is already smoke Detroit could pick Willis at 2. There is a long way to go before the draft…

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

There is already smoke Detroit could pick Willis at 2. There is a long way to go before the draft…

I hope so. I’d love if someone came up to 5 for the Giants pick. 

On 3/13/2022 at 10:59 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

yeah, this happens every year.  then things regress for a year or two and you have teams not paying for a QB.    Steelers got lucky getting Rothlisberger when they did. (11th overall)

usually the hype train rolls and top 2 or 3 QB prospects are all top 5 picks.   honestly.... thats too high for most. 

but you only need one team who thinks a QB is worth a top 5 pick for it to matter.   if any other team was scouting their guy, they move up and take him earlier.  

Happens a lot.

On 3/10/2022 at 7:29 AM, Kopy said:

Diggs and Dissly both resign. 3 years each.

Also resigned Al woods and Sidney Jones. so far so good

On 3/7/2022 at 3:14 PM, weepaws said:

More success in the post season.  Let’s try that.  This team has underperformed with Tomlin as their head coach.  Your smart arse remarks about total wins in season does  not justify how this team has underperformed. Haven’t won a post season game since 2016, yea they have underperformed. 

Three post season wins since 2012.  Yea they have underperformed   

well, you still gotta give him credit for not screwing it up.

I'd say 50% of the pro head coaches out there today would have found a way to mess it up at some point.   So I'd definitely say hes better than average.

Is he an elite coach?   probably not.

but hes certainly not a bad coach.

the reality is he is somewhere in between.    I say hes average to above average.   

if he was below average, the team would have missed the playoffs at least a couple times in his tenure.

you dont have to like the guy.  but he got em into the playoffs.   That is half the battle there.   a number of coaches in the NFL have never even had a sniff of the playoffs.  So this means at least something.

18 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I'd say 50% of the pro head coaches out there today would have found a way to mess it up at some point.   So I'd definitely say hes better than average.

the reality is he is somewhere in between.    I say hes average to above average.   

if he was below average, the team would have missed the playoffs at least a couple times in his tenure.

you dont have to like the guy.  but he got em into the playoffs.   That is half the battle there.   a number of coaches in the NFL have never even had a sniff of the playoffs.  So this means at least something.

He’s much better than average. Probably not quite elite, though there was a time when my answer would’ve been yes

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

I wonder how much more postseason success an elite coach would have won with all that talent that team had when he took over.  

Looks like the team has missed the playoffs 5 times with him at has the head coach of one of the more talented teams in the league most of his tenure, I think the team has underachieved with Tomlin as coach. 

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

He’s much better than average. Probably not quite elite, though there was a time when my answer would’ve been yes

You can’t even figure out who the Qb of the Pats will be much less how to value a head coach.  

10 minutes ago, weepaws said:

You can’t even figure out who the Qb of the Pats will be much less how to value a head coach.  

its not rocket science.  you value a coach mostly based on wins.   

to some degree you also have to look at the talent the coach had to work with because even a good coach can only do so much with a team that is lacking in talent.   and  honestlya lot of good coaches took the hit when the person who needed to be fired is the GM.

I think in all degree a coach should be valued based on team talent, the better the talent the better that team should perform with good coaching.  I simply think Tomlin hasn’t been that good base on his teams talent.  He’s won regular season games, but has failed in the post season to often.  

3 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Bears: I hope the GM and coaches are good. :dunno:

It's been a while. 

It’s not 1985 O  foolish one.  

20 minutes ago, weepaws said:

It’s not 1985 O  foolish one.  

Foolish one? 

You seriously are weird.