Sign in to follow this  
MLCKAA

March Madness— Doomsday

Men’s college basketball is as good as it gets.  Say whatever you want about recruiting and players getting benefits, etc.  I’m not defending the sanctity of it all.

The game is great.

Chatanooga-Furman tonight was just classic sht and you get to see that kind of drama and clutch performing constantly in MBB.

Bring on the tournament!

No college bball fans here?

I'm excited.  Wish I was heading to Vegas for the first round.  I went there about 5 years ago for it and it was amazing.

Meh...Im a Michigan State fan and I'm not hoping for much this year.  Outside of that, I don't have much hope.  Still will watch though.

If I ranked my faves:

Ryder Cup

March madness

Masters

Superbowl

Michigan State in a "good" bowl game.

Any championship game if my local team is involved vaults to near #1.  really do love the Ryder cup the most though

18 hours ago, MLCKAA said:

Men’s college basketball is as good as it gets.  Say whatever you want about recruiting and players getting benefits, etc.  I’m not defending the sanctity of it all.

The game is great.

Chatanooga-Furman tonight was just classic sht and you get to see that kind of drama and clutch performing constantly in MBB.

Bring on the tournament!

That was a fantastic game…

The big 12 is just a monster this year. I saw a stat where West Virginia who is the last place team in the conference has a better Kenpom than Rutgers who has a double bye in the Big Ten tournament. That’s crazy

1 hour ago, cyclone24 said:

That was a fantastic game…

The big 12 is just a monster this year. I saw a stat where West Virginia who is the last place team in the conference has a better Kenpom than Rutgers who has a double bye in the Big Ten tournament. That’s crazy

It’s not really accurate to call it a double bye.  Regardless, Big 12 looks good.  Big Ten is a beast.  Regardless who you like, there’s so much to love about college bball.  Tournament is going to be great.

I have my eye on Arkansas, Baylor, Wisconsin, Purdue, Rutgers, Nova, Tenn

3 hours ago, MLCKAA said:

It’s not really accurate to call it a double bye.  Regardless, Big 12 looks good.  Big Ten is a beast.  Regardless who you like, there’s so much to love about college bball.  Tournament is going to be great.

I have my eye on Arkansas, Baylor, Wisconsin, Purdue, Rutgers, Nova, Tenn

Well I mean that’s actually what it is. They don’t have to play for two of the rounds.

I’m done falling for that Purdue trap. I like Wisconsin but they feel like they are a player short. 

Zags and Arizona feel a notch above

43 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Well I mean that’s actually what it is. They don’t have to play for two of the rounds.

I’m done falling for that Purdue trap. I like Wisconsin but they feel like they are a player short. 

Zags and Arizona feel a notch above

Purdue is built for tournament time.  The B10 emphasizes the big man more than any conf and they have two outstanding bigs.  Teams are gonna struggle against them.

The first “round” is a play-in.  

Wake and LSU could also make a little noise.

3 minutes ago, Beaker15 said:

Big 10 way overrated again.  None of them will sniff the Final 4.

Incorrect 

10 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

Purdue is built for tournament time.  The B10 emphasizes the big man more than any conf and they have two outstanding bigs.  Teams are gonna struggle against them.

The first “round” is a play-in.  

Wake and LSU could also make a little noise.

Yeah but they are always built for the postseason and it never happens. Every year they have someone like Edey, Haas, etc good guards…. They can never put it together. 

lol.. You don’t play in to your own conference tournament. You’re already in

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

Yeah but they are always built for the postseason and it never happens. Every year they have someone like Edey, Haas, etc good guards…. They can never put it together. 

lol.. You don’t play in to your own conference tournament. You’re already in

Dude, you’re arguing semantics here.   The first 2 games are a play-in for all intents and purposes.  Big 12 does the same thing but with only 1 “play-in” game instead of 2.

And, no, Purdue doesn’t have a tandem like Edey and Williams every year.  Look, I’m not trying to call Purdue for the Final Four.  They’re just a team I think could get on a run.

1 hour ago, MLCKAA said:

Dude, you’re arguing semantics here.   The first 2 games are a play-in for all intents and purposes.  Big 12 does the same thing but with only 1 “play-in” game instead of 2.

And, no, Purdue doesn’t have a tandem like Edey and Williams every year.  Look, I’m not trying to call Purdue for the Final Four.  They’re just a team I think could get on a run.

????

The boiler makers are a big man factory. From Haas, Hammonds, haarms, Swanigan and now these guys. 

not getting after you but I’m not sure how you could say I’m arguing semantics when your argument literally just said for all intents and purposes. You don’t play in to your own conference tournament that you are a part of. That insinuates that you had the possibility of not making it

1 hour ago, cyclone24 said:

????

The boiler makers are a big man factory. From Haas, Hammonds, haarms, Swanigan and now these guys. 

not getting after you but I’m not sure how you could say I’m arguing semantics when your argument literally just said for all intents and purposes. You don’t play in to your own conference tournament that you are a part of. That insinuates that you had the possibility of not making it

That’s it.  I’ve had enough of you.  I’m coming out there and kicking your @ss.  

Where is “out there” and do you have a spare room I could use?

2 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

That’s it.  I’ve had enough of you.  I’m coming out there and kicking your @ss.  

Where is “out there” and do you have a spare room I could use?

Yeah but its full of 5 year olds that want to kill you…so not sure how many you can take out first but its yours

Each year a group of us do a tournament draft and it makes watching the tourney even more fun to watch.  We draft players in a snake format and the most total points wins the pot.  Takes some strategy looking at the bracket and seeing which teams play each other and which teams you expect to make it far.

Never seen Johnny Davis look like such garbage

Sorry I was at the big 12 tourney

3 hours ago, MLCKAA said:

Never seen Johnny Davis look like such garbage

Big 10 starting their tank early this year

8 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

bump. i need to fill out a bracket and have no clue...who we got????:dunno:

I've always looked at a bunch of "expert" brackets and based my picks on those. So if seven out of 10 picked a certain first-round upset, I went with that.

That said, none of the ones I looked at had Tennessee in the Final Four. I picked them to go that far, and that's prolly insane, but oh well.

Also, two teams I automatically have going out early are Illinois and New Mexico, the later not being in this year. Too often in the past the "experts" have one or the other going a long way, and they get bounced in the first round, to I picked Chattanooga over Illinois, even though no one is predicting that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I’ve got Zags over Auburn in my bracket. 

Zags over Kansas in mine.

14 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Zags over Kansas in mine.

I took Arizona over Gonzaga.  Going out on a limb picking the two best teams I know.  :lol: but I put a few shekels on AZ +600 to win it all.

On 3/7/2022 at 9:22 PM, MLCKAA said:

Men’s college basketball is as good as it gets.

As good as what gets?

11 minutes ago, posty said:

LET'S GO...

...MOUNTAINEERS

Wait what?  Well pfft...

Please leave our conference you 3rd world country school. :) 

9 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Please leave our conference you 3rd world country school. :) 

I hate that they are in the Big 12...  Never understood why they went there in the first place...  The travel is a PITA...

3 hours ago, edjr said:

As good as what gets?

It

Just now, MLCKAA said:

It

Like the clown or people that support a network?

1 minute ago, edjr said:

Like the clown or people that support a network?

Like the clown or the clown?

1 minute ago, MLCKAA said:

Like the clown or the clown?

nailed it!  

7 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

Colorado St letting me down

It happens this time of year...  You just need to expect it...

4 hours ago, posty said:

It happens this time of year...  You just need to expect it...

You’re a real sage

HAHAHA, kentucky bites the dust-just another overrated sec team getting beat because they neevr played anybody OOC that was any good-just like the sec does in football year after year. The sec is proven once again to be just a punk loudmouth "look at me" conference that pounds the trump out of lesser teams OOC. That whole region (southeast) is full of nothing but a bunch of (1) losers because they vote trump, so (2) that means they will cheat at ANY cost to win (and they still lose-HAHA just like trump), (3) they will always be overrated because the NCAA cows down to those morons......................think of how much someone that voted for say................marge green from georgia-how much would they (n)ever know about sports? That whole region is full of shidiots, no other word for them.