Utilit99

DeShaun Watson cleared of all charges by grand jury -Now settles 20 cases..

Watson was facing nine different accusations. The jury did not believe there was enough evidence to return charges. This was the biggest hurdle Watson needed to clear before his NFL career might move forward, though he is still facing civil suits. The league's own investigation reportedly remains open, but there is now a very real possibility that Watson is traded before the draft. There was a chance today would be the day that ended Watson's 2022. It is now looking like he will play. 

Mar 11, 2022, 4:36 PM ET

4 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Watson was facing nine different accusations. The jury did not believe there was enough evidence to return charges. This was the biggest hurdle Watson needed to clear before his NFL career might move forward, though he is still facing civil suits. The league's own investigation reportedly remains open, but there is now a very real possibility that Watson is traded before the draft. There was a chance today would be the day that ended Watson's 2022. It is now looking like he will play. 

Mar 11, 2022, 4:36 PM ET

On NFL radio they were saying that they don't believe he will even be suspended by Goodell. 

Who goes out and gets him? Tampa? Miami? Indi? 

I don’t think Miami anymore. Watson wanted to go there because of Flores right?

Philly or Carolina. I’d say Carolina is the front runner. 

10 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

On NFL radio they were saying that they don't believe he will even be suspended by Goodell. 

Boy I hope not.

14 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Pittsburgh

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Why not? He was found not guilty.

He wasn't found "not guilty", what was determined was that there wasn't enough evidence to go forward.  This was common knowledge from Day 1.  It's "he said / she said".  Doesn't matter if 2, 10, 20, or 500 women said the same thing.  There's no PROOF it actually happened.  There's no evidence.  Also, that doesn't mean he's actually innocent.  Odds are, he is guilty of what he was accused of.  I don't want someone like that on my team because, he's probably going to do it again and this time, the women will have some kind of tech on them... be it audio or video recording, of their session to protect themselves.  If he gets caught ONCE, he's done for a long time... maybe even forever.  No thanks.  You can have him.

• Like 1

Just now, Cloaca du jour said:

Pittsburgh

I forgot about Pittsburgh. Interesting. 

And as already mentioned Carolina is in the mix.

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

He wasn't found "not guilty", what was determined was that there wasn't enough evidence to go forward.  This was common knowledge from Day 1.  It's "he said / she said".  Doesn't matter if 2, 10, 20, or 500 women said the same thing.  There's no PROOF it actually happened.  There's no evidence.  Also, that doesn't mean he's actually innocent.  Odds are, he is guilty of what he was accused of.  I don't want someone like that on my team because, he's probably going to do it again and this time, the women will have some kind of tech on them... be it audio or video recording, of their session to protect themselves.  If he gets caught ONCE, he's done for a long time... maybe even forever.  No thanks.  You can have him.

What odds have you formulated and based off of what evidence? What did he do to the ladies?

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Philly or Carolina. I’d say Carolina is the front runner. 

I don’t think the Panthers will.  They have 1 pick in the top 100 and if they give that up + future picks they won’t be able to add anyone else and they need a lot, especially offensive line.

7 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

What odds have you formulated and based off of what evidence? What did he do to the ladies?

I'm basing it off of 20+ women who've never met each other, telling virtually the exact same story.

What did he do to them?  Read their affidavits.  They're online.

9 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I don’t think the Panthers will.  They have 1 pick in the top 100 and if they give that up + future picks they won’t be able to add anyone else and they need a lot, especially offensive line.

Who did they trade the picks for? Don’t tell me Darnold? 

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'm basing it off of 20+ women who've never met each other, telling virtually the exact same story.

And yet 20+ women have ZERO proof...

I hope the Eagles make a pitch. Watson with Devonta / Goedert behind one of the best lines in football. A pair of firsts plus Hurts? 

• Sad 1

Just now, Nomad99 said:

Of course they don't.  Again, this was common knowledge from Day 1.  Again, these things are almost always "he said/she said", and that's why the guys generally get away with it.  It doesn't mean he's innocent.  Again, as I said above... if 20+ people, who've never met each other describe a scenario exactly the same way, they're telling you the truth.  I'm confident he's guilty.  I'm confident he'll do it again.  I don't want him on my team.  By all means, if you want to pretend he's actually "innocent", then feel free to hope he goes to your team.

Sometimes, common sense and logic is the higher priority over a court decision.  Let me ask you... did OJ kill Nicole?  I think we all know he did.  Yet, he was found "not guilty".

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Who did they trade the picks for? Don’t tell me Darnold? 

2nd and 4th for Darnold, 3rd for CJ Henderson.

Unless maybe they can somehow get something of value for CMC

17 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

So each woman went to the cops not knowing any of the other women went to the cops? Or did they come out after the first person filed a complaint and it got in the news?

Because the latter is what I heard. 

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

So each woman went to the cops not knowing any of the other women went to the cops? Or did they come out after the first person filed a complaint and it got in the news?

Because the latter is what I heard. 

They all came forward after the initial woman did... but NONE knew what any of the other women said.  They told their story.  The affidavits weren't released until well after the 20+ women filed complaints.

14 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

Yeah. Not one. I think they are just praying for settlements hoping that Watson doesn't want to deal with it.

2 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Yeah. Not one. I think they are just praying for settlements hoping that Watson doesn't want to deal with it.

Yup.  Watson would've rather lost $40M in contract than pay 20+ women $20k each to go away.  Makes perfect sense.  :rolleyes:

He could've given each one $1M and still been ahead by $20M... but no, he chose this route.  GTFOH.

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yup.  Watson would've rather lost $40M in contract than pay 20+ women $20k each to go away.  Makes perfect sense.  :rolleyes:

He could've given each one $1M and still been ahead by $20M... but no, he chose this route.  GTFOH.

I wasn't talking about what Watson wanted. I was talking about what the women are hoping for.

Money has been their goal since the beginning.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I was under the impression that he was paid for last year.

Just now, Utilit99 said:

I wasn't talking about what Watson wanted. I was talking about what the women are hoping for.

The women were looking for a pay day, of course.  It's because they knew they couldn't win a criminal case.  But we all know that had Watson ponied up something like $50k apiece ($1M total), he'd have played last season and cashed in $40M.  There's a ZERO PERCENT CHANCE any innocent person just doesn't pay them to go away and collect his paycheck.  He could said, "Look, they I'm innocent and they have no proof.  I paid them all off... because that's all they ever wanted.  In the future, I'll be sure to have any sessions video recorded to protect my innocence.  I just want to get back to playing football."  If he did that, kind of like Jameis Winston did when he paid Erica Kinsman $950k to go away, he'd have played last year and gotten paid.

3 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

I was under the impression that he was paid for last year.

I was under the impression that he didn't.

Edit:  He got paid his base pay (about $10M), but forfeited something like $20M+ in bonus money.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The women were looking for a pay day, of course.  It's because they knew they couldn't win a criminal case.  But we all know that had Watson ponied up something like $50k apiece ($1M total), he'd have played last season and cashed in $40M.  There's a ZERO PERCENT CHANCE any innocent person just doesn't pay them to go away and collect his paycheck.  He could said, "Look, they I'm innocent and they have no proof.  I paid them all off... because that's all they ever wanted.  In the future, I'll be sure to have any sessions video recorded to protect my innocence.  I just want to get back to playing football."  If he did that, kind of like Jameis Winston did when he paid Erica Kinsman $950k to go away, he'd have played last year and gotten paid.

Why would he do that if he was innocent but not if he was guilty?   I think he’d be more incentivized to do it if he was guilty unless you think there are more women that haven’t come forward yet?

10 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

He had already stated, prior to that, that he was not going to play for Houston anyway.  Then all this crap kept him from being traded. He claimed to be innocent and was going to fight it all the way. Not pay anyone off.

Now that he's gone through the trial and got his verdict, it may or may not be a different story from his perspective. 

I think all along he wanted the trial to clear his name. And he didn't know if any of those times were on video. But he still stuck by his words. 

If he chooses to fight the civil crap, or pay them, that's up to him now.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Why would he do that if he was innocent but not if he was guilty?   I think he’d be more incentivized to do it if he was guilty unless you think there are more women that haven’t come forward yet?

Jameis Winston paid off Erica Kinsman $950k for allegedly raping her.  Did any other women claim he raped them after paying her off?

3 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

He had already stated, prior to that, that he was not going to play for Houston anyway.  Then all this crap kept him from being traded. He claimed to be innocent and was going to fight it all the way. Not pay anyone off.

Now that he's gone through the trial and got his verdict, it may or may not be a different story from his perspective. 

I think all along he wanted the trial to clear his name. And he didn't know if any of those times were on video. But he still stuck by his words. 

If he chooses to fight the civil crap, or pay them, that's up to him now.

Bull crap.  He's guilty.  He was just too stupid (proud), to just go back to Houston and play.  If he did that, paid the girls, and played last season... right now, he'd be on another team and over $20M richer.  He's an idiot.  Over 20+ women do not just make up stories that ALL match, out of the blue.

Jameis Winston paid off Erica Kinsman $950k for allegedly raping her.  Did any other women claim he raped them after paying her off?

Ok so you’re saying Watson should have paid them off regardless of whether he was guilty or innocent, right?

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

Ok so you’re saying Watson should have paid them off regardless of whether he was guilty or innocent, right?

Yup.  Just like Winston did.  They all knew he wasn't going to jail... everyone knew this.  They wanted to get paid.  They'd all have taken $50k and went away.  It would have cost him $1M and he'd have played last year.  Maybe he gets a 4-game or even 8-game suspension... but he'd have still played and been money ahead.  There would be no looming suspension for this coming season and he'd have a new team right now.

Yup.  Just like Winston did.  They all knew he wasn't going to jail... everyone knew this.  They wanted to get paid.  They'd all have taken $50k and went away.  It would have cost him $1M and he'd have played last year.  Maybe he gets a 4-game or even 8-game suspension... but he'd have still played and been money ahead.  There would be no looming suspension for this coming season and he'd have a new team right now.

I don’t really disagree.  But I think they’d want more than $50k each.

Just now, TimHauck said:

I don’t really disagree.  But I think they’d want more than $50k each.

Oh, that's possible.  Even if it was $500k, he's still on the plus side.

15 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Bull crap.  He's guilty.  He was just too stupid (proud), to just go back to Houston and play.  If he did that, paid the girls, and played last season... right now, he'd be on another team and over $20M richer.  He's an idiot.  Over 20+ women do not just make up stories that ALL match, out of the blue.

I guess to him he thought he would be flagged as guilty if he paid them off to start. To him, his good name must be more important than the money. :dunno:

Plus he may have been suspended for a lot of games if he just paid them off and turned off a lot of team's interest. 

But this worked out best for him because he's found not guilty in court by a grand jury. Go figure. :dunno:

• Thanks 1

Actually, now could be a good time for Watson to do a counter suit. Claiming he lost $40M because of that bogus lawsuit against him.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1