Utilit99

DeShaun Watson cleared of all charges by grand jury -Now settles 20 cases..

29 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Your last paragraph may be true, but most people won't settle sexual assault lawsuits if they didn't do anything wrong.

My thinking is that you're correct, but I bet it happens more often than you or I think.  Sometimes it's just easier to give them the money and not deal with the outfall of a trial or whatever.  One example I can give you on this is Jameis Winston and Erica Kinsman.  At first, I thought he raped her... until all the info starting coming out.  My end opinion was that she was a gold digger who had sex with a black guy and when daddy found out, she yelled rape.  Eventually, Winston just paid her off to go away.

30 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

I will say, today I learned that there's one lawyer who represents all 24 broads. Yeah, nothing shady about that...

That's basically what class action lawsuits are.  Happens all the time.  Honestly, this makes sense.  A woman goes to an attorney and says something happened.  He then looks into it and finds another one or two more people who say the same thing.  At that, he starts investigating looking for more occurrences and/or, other people hear about the investigation or lawsuit and contact the lawyer and say "this happened to me too".

I would think that it would be much more difficult for the girls to have their own lawyers than all of them to have the same one.

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

That's basically what class action lawsuits are.  Happens all the time.  Honestly, this makes sense.  A woman goes to an attorney and says something happened.  He then looks into it and finds another one or two more people who say the same thing.  At that, he starts investigating looking for more occurrences and/or, other people hear about the investigation or lawsuit and contact the lawyer and say "this happened to me too".

I would think that it would be much more difficult for the girls to have their own lawyers than all of them to have the same one.

was this class action? I tend to not think so. But I really don't know.

10 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

What did they do? Not one of them mentioned they were being restrained from leaving. 

And If you think no one ever settles anything to get rid of having to deal with something that is way more taxing on their life, than simply giving up a pittance of what they are worth, I would think you are kidding yourself. The big deal for Watson in all of this was he wasn't convicted of a crime.

Everybody was surprised at how much the Browns are paying Watson in that contract. I would not be surprised in the least if the Browns told him they would give that massive amount of money if he use part of it to pay the nuisance fees. It's 100% in the Browns interest for that to disappear and not have Watson fighting this in court all of next year. Those civil trials were not scheduled to even start until February of next year.   

Not to mention the legal fees of successfully trying 24 cases. That would be well into 7 figures.

14 hours ago, wiffleball said:

No, it wasn't class action.  I was just saying that it's kind of like one.  When you have an attorney looking for damages against a person or group (or whatever), and you have a gripe with that same party, it just makes sense to jump on that train.  Imagine if all 24 of these girls went on their own and a judge had to listen to demands from 24 different lawyers with the same complaint?  I'm guessing that even the judge would tell them to file a joint motion.

On 6/21/2022 at 5:57 PM, wiffleball said:

Do you have to have class for that?

There must be a whole slew of places in Vegas to get a decent "massage" 

24 chicks come forward but not one has evidence. Not even a little bruise. Jeez. All of them could have simply walked away and called the cops about indecent exposure. But none of them did.