Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Chase Edmonds heading to MIA

Interesting. Seems a little rich for a guy that you have to use sparingly or he won’t stay healthy

Good move for the Cards , the Dolphins just added another ppr rb.  

5 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Interesting. Seems a little rich for a guy that you have to use sparingly or he won’t stay healthy

in four years of play, his career best is a 600 yard season.   thats pretty much all you need to know.

I guess if getting more playing time, he could improve on that.   but by how much?

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

in four years of play, his career best is a 600 yard season.   thats pretty much all you need to know.

I guess if getting more playing time, he could improve on that.   but by how much?

They tried last year, and he was on his way to a big year. However, he promptly got injured, because he’s not built for volume

3 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

They tried last year, and he was on his way to a big year. However, he promptly got injured, because he’s not built for volume

well, for me, hes one of those guys you think about drafting in the last round of your draft or spend $1 on at the end of your auction.

I'm not sure you pay any more than that.

Given what's happened here with Edmonds and Conner, I may have to revise what I said about not keeping Conner on my dynasty team

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

Given what's happened here with Edmonds and Conner, I may have to revise what I said about not keeping Conner on my dynasty team

probably a good bet.  

the one thing about a new contract is it usually tells you what the team thinks of a player.  in this case they threw a lot of money at him.   

To that end,  At that price,  I do not think he will be sitting on the bench unless he is injured.

3 hours ago, polecatt said:

Who else do you own? 

Zona must pick up another rb, crazy to think thy will load the wagon with Conner and his 3.7 yards per carry. 

He’s not going to score 18 tds next season , and the bratty kid they have playing Qb might explode everything up. 

So who else is on your list would be important  

12 hours ago, polecatt said:

I had the same decision, will 100% keep Connor and will wait and see some pre-season games on Edmonds to see if I keep him also, but guessing it's 50-50

10 hours ago, weepaws said:

Who else do you own? 

Zona must pick up another rb, crazy to think thy will load the wagon with Conner and his 3.7 yards per carry. 

He’s not going to score 18 tds next season , and the bratty kid they have playing Qb might explode everything up. 

So who else is on your list would be important 

James Robinson, Antonio Gibson, Cordarelle Patterson.

I'll keep Gibson, but not sure about any others

49 minutes ago, polecatt said:

James Robinson, Antonio Gibson, Cordarelle Patterson.

I'll keep Gibson, but not sure about any others

Thank you for the reply, if you keep two Gibson and Conner. But of the four listed Gibson would be first.  

Good luck with this decision. 

15 hours ago, weepaws said:

Thank you for the reply, if you keep two Gibson and Conner. But of the four listed Gibson would be first.  

Good luck with this decision. 

Yeah, now that they have a serviceable QB in DC. I mean, Wentz isn't the best QB in the NFL, but he's an okay starter at least, certainly head and shoulders above Colt McCoy or Branden Weeden, or whoever they were going to start. I know it's likely coincidence, but look at the season Johnathan Taylor had with Wentz...

the plot thickens..... 

funny thing is... I am not certain that these two players truly make the phins that much better at the position. 

for the money spent, I'd certainly expect more.

If Mostert can stay healthy he makes them better, a chain mover , with big play potential. 

If he can stay healthy. 

8 hours ago, weepaws said:

If Mostert can stay healthy he makes them better, a chain mover , with big play potential. 

If he can stay healthy. 

if healthy, he should be the starter.  but given the dollars given to Edmonds, that may or may not be the case.

Mostert of healthy is a lot better then Edmonds, based on team performance he’ll beat out Edmonds, they blew that deal.  

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Mostert of healthy is a lot better then Edmonds, based on team performance he’ll beat out Edmonds, they blew that deal.  

well, its interesting that they would pay 6 mil per year for Edmonds to be a backup.

maybe thats what we get.   or perhaps it's a 1 and 1A scenario to keep both players from wearing down.   but then how much money are they paying to Mostert?   if hes the 1A, I'd assume hes getting a pretty penny too.

it feels like an awful lot of money is going to the RB position here on a team that has other needs.

I don’t know how much Mostert is getting , even if it’s less then Edmonds, when healthy Mostert is by far the better player.  By far.  But we all know that coaches don’t always do the right thing, just look at the Steelers since Tomlin took over.   

50 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I don’t know how much Mostert is getting , even if it’s less then Edmonds, when healthy Mostert is by far the better player.  By far.  But we all know that coaches don’t always do the right thing, just look at the Steelers since Tomlin took over.   

I dont know what you are specifically referring to, but in terms of personell moves, sometimes the GM has just as much say in what happens as the coach does.

and sometimes moves are done because you have no choice.   for example, Antonio Brown.   They NEEDED to move him because he was causing problems.  it wasn't voluntary.  keeping him would have ripped the team apart and so they sold for pennies on the dollar.

there are always moves that are made that you and I dont understand.   maybe player A is benched because hes not doing something the coach wants him to do.  all you and I see is that player A is more talented than the current starter, but we dont know the background.

so its tough as an outsider to determine what the right move is in terms of playing time.

one thing I do know is that when the GM gives a huge contract to a player, usually that player is going to start.   That isnt necessarily the coaches fault.

so if we see Edmonds starting even though Mostert is the better player, at least we know the reason why.  In this case I blame the GM and not the coach if this decision blows up.

I would blame the coach. Tomlin has been under coaching the talented Steelers for years now.  

Edmonds isn’t a rb that’s a starter, no more then a RBBC rb like the Dolphins already have plenty of.  

10 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I would blame the coach. Tomlin has been under coaching the talented Steelers for years now.  

Edmonds isn’t a rb that’s a starter, no more then a RBBC rb like the Dolphins already have plenty of.  

fair enough.  but if the GM thinks he is and gives him a big pile of cash to come to play for the team, as a coach, not playing him can lead to you losing your job.

so I guess the coach can do what he wants, but he does so at his own peril.

from what I can tell, the organization is a bit of a gong show, so its hard to say who is the ultimate authority on the team but it feels like ownership likes to meddle a lot there, and that always complicates things.

If the team doesn’t win, the coach can also lose his job, I think coaches like playing their best players imo.  

I think the sign Edmonds first, so I find it interesting they would pick up Mostert. 

Now Mostert is getting 3 mil on a one season let’s see what you have deal. If healthy I would expect for Mostert to take the lead rb slot easily. 

Michel now gone, Mostert one step closer to the starting job. 

12 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Michel now gone, Mostert one step closer to the starting job

That will be an exciting one and a half quarters for sure.

If I had more confidence in Miami's offense, or run game in particular, I'd be a late-round buyer on Mostert.  But between the ineffectiveness and the injury history, meh, give me Damien Williams.

24 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Amen. 

3 hours ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Preseason Line of the year!