Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

Daylight savings permanent in 2023

Standard time > Daylight Savings.

Or just cut it in half and split the hour.

Good thing this is front and foremost of what needs to be debated and get done at this time in history.

That being said. I'm still glad they did this. 

9 minutes ago, vomit said:

That sucks.  That means in the winter it's dark until 8:00AM, that's BS.

Yeah but it will be light out longer. Wouldn’t you rather have that?

1 minute ago, cyclone24 said:

No.  I wake up at 6AM every day.  Waking up when it's dark sucks.  Kids waiting for the bus in the dark sucks.  I like to go for a walk in the morning, doing it in the dark sucks.  In the afternoon, why do I care if the sun sets at 5 or 6?  It's too cold to enjoy the outside anyway.

1 minute ago, vomit said:

No.  I wake up at 6AM every day.  Waking up when it's dark sucks.  Kids waiting for the bus in the dark sucks.  I like to go for a walk in the morning, doing it in the dark sucks.  In the afternoon, why do I care if the sun sets at 5 or 6?  It's too cold to enjoy the outside anyway.

Yeah. The nation should set their clocks to accommodate a vomitpedo. 

4 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Longer?  The daylight amount during the day still would be the same on standard time or DST...

Just now, Utilit99 said:

Yeah. The nation should set their clocks to accommodate a vomitpedo. 

Pipe down Adolph, no one asked you.

1 minute ago, vomit said:

Agreed. It’s harder to get going in the morning when it’s still so dark. And since i live in the north, being light out later only serves to help a little with seasonal depression. It’s kind of a waste when it’s still too cold for Many of my hobbies 

14 minutes ago, posty said:

Stupid, just stupid...

Make standard time the time to keep...

sure, I love it getting dark at 6 during summer. People that go outside do not want this. 

3 minutes ago, vomit said:

Pipe down Adolph, no one asked you.

6 minutes ago, vomit said:

So at 6am where you live it's nice and toasty warm outside. But at 5pm it's "too cold to enjoy outside anyway".

Brilliant pedo.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, edjr said:

sure, I love it getting dark at 6 during summer. People that go outside do not want this. 

Where do you live that it gets dark at 6pm in the summer?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, posty said:

if we had standard time year round

I vote keep it the same since it isn't a big deal and we have gotten along this whole time with it this way.  Seems obvious.   Clearly it isn't.   

• Like 1

There is nothing wrong with the current system, just leave it alone...  "It ain't broke..."

Just now, posty said:

There is nothing wrong with the current system, just leave it alone...  "It ain't broke..."

That is fine too. I dont care what time it gets dark in the winter. I dont want my summer golf time messed with. I want it light till 8 pm in the middle of summah

Just now, posty said:

Of the three options, standard time, DST, or both, I prefer either of the first two. Stop with the changing of clocks twice a year is my vote. 

Just now, BunnysBastatrds said:

Vampires suck!!!

on your big vein?

The current system is he11 to the losers than can't get out of bed. The rest of us kind of like it. 

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

on your big vein?

It’s why they are all phat. 

Now that it's taken act of congress 100+ years after DL Saving Time was started, I bet we are only another 100 years or so away from using metric. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Now that it's taken act of congress 100+ years after DL Saving Time was started, I bet we are only another 100 years or so away from using metric. 

is that your only hope of pretending to not have a small tallywhacker?

7 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

mooney wouldn't be able to teach his second graders if he had to know the metric system. 

3 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

mooney wouldn't be able to teach his second graders if he had to know the metric system. 

Hasn’t it only been passed by the Senate at this point? And not effective until next November?Talk about spring forward 

6 minutes ago, nospk said:

Hasn’t it only been passed by the Senate at this point? And not effective until next November?Talk about spring forward 

yeah. Who knows what will come of it.

I do hope the congress and creepy joey and kameltoe spend a lot of time on this, because I don't want them working their unwanted "solutions" on this country anymore. I can live with any decision they make on this crap. Hope they debate on it for 3 more years. 

• Like 1

This might be the only thing they get right.

DST >>>> ST

15 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

This might be the only thing they get right.

DST >>>> ST

Right. I don't care how long it stays dark in the AM. I HATE getting out of work at 5 and it being dark. Fock that

1 hour ago, posty said:

It’s gets harder to hide behind a Wendy’s dumpster and snatch up homeless grabbing the old burgers.

so I’ve been told

1 minute ago, Mungwater said:

It’s gets harder to hide behind a Wendy’s dumpster and snatch up homeless grabbing the old burgers.

so I’ve been told

Mmmm....Wendy's....

Just now, Utilit99 said:

Mmmm....Wendy's....

BK > Wendys > McDs

Just now, edjr said:

BK > Wendys > McDs

Blasphemer!!! You must be in cahoots with my girlfriend. I don't appreciate this. 

Give me a quarter pounder with cheese or a Big Mac any day over a whopper. 

5 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Blasphemer!!! You must be in cahoots with my girlfriend. I don't appreciate this. 

Give me a quarter pounder with cheese or a Big Mac any day over a whopper. 

Best way to get a quarter pounder is to ask without cheese and Big Mac sauce, then you it’s fresh

27 minutes ago, Mungwater said:

Best way to get a quarter pounder is to ask without cheese and Big Mac sauce, then you it’s fresh

Interesting...That is my biggest problem with fast food. When they give you something that's been sitting around for a bit. Good call.

1 hour ago, Mungwater said:

I've known since the 80s to ask McDs to add pickles with things with no pickles, or take them off.  To get it fresh.

Most fast food makes to order now. Only sits around for mistakes