Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

Daylight savings permanent in 2023

1 hour ago, Mungwater said:

Best way to get a quarter pounder is to ask without cheese and Big Mac sauce, then you it’s fresh

You just cost yourself the cheese 

Just now, nospk said:

You just cost yourself the cheese 

If I want cheese, I just rub it in my crotch for a second or two.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mungwater said:

A frined of mine would order a qp with cheese and ask for no sesame seeds on the bun as a make it fresh hack 

7 minutes ago, Mungwater said:

Your mom says "hold my beer"

2 minutes ago, nospk said:

A frined of mine would order a qp with cheese and ask for no sesame seeds on the bun as a make it fresh hack 

then they just lick the bun for flavor

4 minutes ago, edjr said:

Your mom says "hold my beer"

Moms crotch looks like a grilled cheese getting pulled apart

Why not just say no ketchup? You can always put your own on. 

Where have you been?  You were an Eagle Scout, correct?  Married to an Asian woman?  Live in California?

12 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Where have you been?  You were an Eagle Scout, correct?  Married to an Asian woman?  Live in California?

I’ve been stuck back in the P(a)ST all this time. What has it been like here in the future? I don’t see any flying cars anywhere.

18 minutes ago, mobb_deep said:

I’ve been stuck back in the P(a)ST all this time. What has it been like here in the future? I don’t see any flying cars anywhere.

Not good.  Chemical weapons, Covid and Trannies.  

Can you recommend a survival knife?

5 hours ago, edjr said:

Right. I don't care how long it stays dark in the AM. I HATE getting out of work at 5 and it being dark. Fock that

This.  

29 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Not good.  Chemical weapons, Covid and Trannies.  

Can you recommend a survival knife?

I’ll ask my scout master and get back to you. :cheers:

31 minutes ago, mobb_deep said:

I’ll ask my scout master and get back to you. :cheers:

Was that you though?  Not to be creepy which I'm certain it may feel like and that is not my intent.  I was proud of you if that was you and I thought it was super cool.  If that is you though and you are showing back up here I hope that all is well and I hope that you stick around.  

38 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Was that you though?  Not to be creepy which I'm certain it may feel like and that is not my intent.  I was proud of you if that was you and I thought it was super cool.  If that is you though and you are showing back up here I hope that all is well and I hope that you stick around.  

Yup. That’s me. I stop in from time to time. Check in on the DNDL league. Just busy with family and all the boring grownup BS.

Good to see you though. Are you the gent that sent me the books?

5 minutes ago, mobb_deep said:

Yup. That’s me. I stop in from time to time. Check in on the DNDL league. Just busy with family and all the boring grownup BS.

Good to see you though. Are you the gent that sent me the books?

Nope.  Not me.  You still in California?

I don't care which one is it, just keep it the same all year.  There's no longer a reason to be switching.

15 hours ago, mobb_deep said:

fock skids

🖕

Brutha$#@!  Good to see you man, I hope all is well and you stick around a little.  :thumbsup: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't care which one is it, just keep it the same all year.  There's no longer a reason to be switching.

:nono: That will cause a climate crisis. $5,000,000,000,000 more.

I presume AZ will stay where it is, which is currently MST but I guess will become PDT, or just PT?  That kinda sucks being 3 hours from the east coast, but back in my working days (most of my companies were based in PT) it was easier when aligned with them.  Plus the whole reason we don't change is we do NOT want it light later in the summer.

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

I presume AZ will stay where it is, which is currently MST but I guess will become PDT, or just PT?  That kinda sucks being 3 hours from the east coast, but back in my working days (most of my companies were based in PT) it was easier when aligned with them.  Plus the whole reason we don't change is we do NOT want it light later in the summer.

We should all have the same time too!

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Brutha$#@!  Good to see you man, I hope all is well and you stick around a little.  :thumbsup: 

Ditto 

• Like 1

I've seen a couple stories it says America tried this in the 70s and it didn't go very well. Havent read the articles yet.

Just now, vomit said:

The US Tried Permanent Daylight Saving Time in the ’70s. People Hated It

https://www.washingtonian.com/2022/03/15/the-us-tried-permanent-daylight-saving-time-in-the-70s-people-hated-it/

"The sun rose at 8:27 AM on January 7, 1974. Children in the Washington area had left for school in the dark that morning"

I keep seeing this. Don't most kids other than elementary kids leave for school in the dark of morning? My son starts middle school next year and his bus will pick him up at 7am. It's dark at that time in the winter. High school kids are even earlier. As is my kids come home for a couple of weeks in the dark of evening.

It sucks but I agree with everyone I'd rather have daylight after work than in the morning when I'm already at work and kids are already in school.

3 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

"The sun rose at 8:27 AM on January 7, 1974. Children in the Washington area had left for school in the dark that morning"

I keep seeing this. Don't most kids other than elementary kids leave for school in the dark of morning? My son starts middle school next year and his bus will pick him up at 7am. It's dark at that time in the winter. High school kids are even earlier. As is my kids come home for a couple of weeks in the dark of evening.

It sucks but I agree with everyone I'd rather have daylight after work than in the morning when I'm already at work and kids are already in school.

Depending on where you are, even in dead of winter you have twilight before 7:00.

I keep hearing "I want sunlight when I leave work at 5".  Who only works until 5 anymore?  What do you do in that 30-60 mins of light that you can't do in the dark?  Since we don't really go to work anymore, can;t you just see light when you walk outside?

3 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I remember going to school in the dark early morning in the winter.  Didn't bother me in the least. 

As a kid, you just do what you are supposed to do. Everything else is just an observation of the world as you do it. 

I'm sick of people propping up kids as victims because the adults don't like something. 

6 minutes ago, vomit said:

Depending on where you are, even in dead of winter you have twilight before 7:00.

I keep hearing "I want sunlight when I leave work at 5".  Who only works until 5 anymore?  What do you do in that 30-60 mins of light that you can't do in the dark?  Since we don't really go to work anymore, can;t you just see light when you walk outside?

Yep. Same as in the mornings. 

And a lot of people go to work. The whole country doesn't work from home. 

1 minute ago, vomit said:

In Detroit the sun officially rises at 7:45ish and sets at 5ish. I work 6:30 - 430ish. So for a whole month, I leave for work in the dark and I drive home in the dark. It sucks and I hate it. My kids don't get home from school until after 4:30. I'd like for them to have some daylight if they want to go outside and play with their friends.

4 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Yep. Same as in the morning. 

And a lot of people go to work. The whole country doesn't work from home. 

In the morning you wake up.  The body is attuned to rise with light.  By focking around with time you're focking around with people's bodies.

1 minute ago, vomit said:

In the morning you wake up.  The body is attuned to rise with light.  By focking around with time you're focking around with people's bodies.

You must be very weak. I never have those problems when it's dark and I have to get up.

5 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

In Detroit the sun officially rises at 7:45ish and sets at 5ish. I work 6:30 - 430ish. So for a whole month, I leave for work in the dark and I drive home in the dark. It sucks and I hate it. My kids don't get home from school until after 4:30. I'd like for them to have some daylight if they want to go outside and play with their friends.

sounds like you drive home in the light

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

You must be very weak. I never have those problems when it's dark and I have to get up.

You must be retarded.

5 minutes ago, vomit said:

sounds like you drive home in the light

I can see how you would think that, but the sun is setting at that time. There's very little light. It's dark enough for street lights to be on. 

5 minutes ago, vomit said:

You must be retarded.

Why, because because I have always been able to get up when it's dark outside and function normally?

You have an odd definition of retarded. 

You're the guy who earlier in the thread said this:

:lol: To cold to walk at 5pm but not at 6am.

22 hours ago, vomit said:

No.  I wake up at 6AM every day.  Waking up when it's dark sucks.  Kids waiting for the bus in the dark sucks.  I like to go for a walk in the morning, doing it in the dark sucks.  In the afternoon, why do I care if the sun sets at 5 or 6?  It's too cold to enjoy the outside anyway

6 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

No.  I wake up at 6AM every day.  Waking up when it's dark sucks.  Kids waiting for the bus in the dark sucks.  I like to go for a walk in the morning, doing it in the dark sucks.  In the afternoon, why do I care if the sun sets at 5 or 6?  It's too cold to enjoy the outside anyway

He can't even keep his lies straight in the span of 3 sentences  SAD!

4 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Why, because because I have always been able to get up when it's dark outside and function normally?

You have an odd definition of retarded. 

You're the guy who earlier in the thread said this:

:lol: To cold to walk at 5pm but not at 6am.

Because your focking retarded, anyone that doesn't want to get up in the morning is weak, shut the fock up.

Also, Captain Comprehension, I never said it's too cold to walk at 5pm but not 6am.  I said I like to walk in the morning.  Then I asked what people do that want an extra hour of sunlight because it's generally too cold for most people to do anything.

Just now, nobody said:

He can't even keep his lies straight anymore.  SAD!

WAT R B BOOSTER!@#$