Sign in to follow this  
AxeElf

Giants Sign Former Texans' Dual-Threat QB

as a backup this move makes sense.  hes a running QB just like the starter.  so they dont need to totally change up their offense to move to him in the event of injury.

he also was  known for running an efficient offense, so if some of that rubs off on Danny Dimes he could help him out in his development as well.

Since the OP gets so excited about a back up Qb signing with the Gmen. 

He’s going to get the beach towel out learning that KC resign C Henne, watch out Linda.  . 

Now hold on OP, the Texans sign back up Qb K Allen, it’s going to be a party at the elf household. 

6 hours ago, weepaws said:

Since the OP gets so excited about a back up Qb signing with the Gmen. 

He’s going to get the beach towel out learning that KC resign C Henne, watch out Linda.  . 

:blink:

He's pretty good for a back up QB I suppose but not a starter you want to try and win with.

Then again, I don't know that Daniels Jones is any different right now...

He’ll challenge the great D Jones for playing time.  

5 hours ago, polecatt said:

He's pretty good for a back up QB I suppose but not a starter you want to try and win with.

Then again, I don't know that Daniels Jones is any different right now...

hes one of those players who is good enough to start, but will never be a top 15 QB.   which means he will have some backup gigs  occasionally he will be given the chance to start.

this mostly defines his career.   Low end starter.

problem is... if hes signed to be the backup and hes competing for playing time, that does not actually speak well for your starter.

I dont think anyone is under the impression he was brought in to start, but Danny Dimes leash just got a bit shorter as he is good enough that he can play if Danny Dimes shows he cant get it done.

On 3/17/2022 at 1:14 AM, Ray_T said:

hes one of those players who is good enough to start, but will never be a top 15 QB.   which means he will have some backup gigs  occasionally he will be given the chance to start.

this mostly defines his career.   Low end starter.

problem is... if hes signed to be the backup and hes competing for playing time, that does not actually speak well for your starter.

I dont think anyone is under the impression he was brought in to start, but Danny Dimes leash just got a bit shorter as he is good enough that he can play if Danny Dimes shows he cant get it done.

Too bad he will be the starter this year for the Giants. Jone's neck is toast.

Why would Jones risk his life to go back to football just to be a below average QB? 

The headline should read, 'Giants hand more money to an incompetent loser who sucks wherever he goes'.

5 minutes ago, lod001 said:

The headline should read, 'Giants hand more money to an incompetent loser who sucks wherever he goes'.

If fake News and Misinformation was the goal then your headline would be relevant.

If the Giants are one of the worst teams as expected, I just hope he doesn’t come in, win a couple meaningless games and make our draft pick out of range to get a top QB next season. 

17 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

If the Giants are one of the worst teams as expected, I just hope he doesn’t come in, win a couple meaningless games and make our draft pick out of range to get a top QB next season. 

That's what he's capable of. Screwing up a draft pick by beating other incompetent teams. He cannot be a good team if he had Rice, Moss, TO, Gronk and Tomlinson on his team.

5 minutes ago, lod001 said:

That's what he's capable of. Screwing up a draft pick by beating other incompetent teams. He cannot be a good team if he had Rice, Moss, TO, Gronk and Tomlinson on his team.

He wasn't signed to be the starter. He's a good backup that's it.  2 years 8.5 million guaranteed is backup QB money. The Giants aren't counting on him to win games, just to be an upgrade over Mike Glennon and Jake Fromm. Learn the game...

3 hours ago, lod001 said:

Pretty much. 

48 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Pretty much. 

Fake News…

Oh Taylor will put pressure on D Jones, it’s a strong possibility that he can replace D Jones who should underperform once again.  

20 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Oh Taylor will put pressure on D Jones, it’s a strong possibility that he can replace D Jones who should underperform once again.  

Fake News…

D Jones might end up with the Browns.  You and him would then live in the same town.  

22 hours ago, weepaws said:

D Jones might end up with the Browns.  You and him would then live in the same town.  

Good call 

OP G Gilbert sign with the Raiders.  

23 hours ago, weepaws said:

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Good call 

What was a good call?

On 3/18/2022 at 2:51 PM, weepaws said:

More fake news…

Read that the Gmen are watching film on how to better use both Toney and Golladay. 

As for Golladay, I think he done and not really interested to be the star he could be.  

Toney could benefit with an upgrade at Qb.  

Thanks. 

Since 2019, Packers have gone 7-0 in games that Davante Adams has missed. Not saying they are a better team without him. Just saying they still have Aaron Rogers at quarterback. Also, was never a huge fan of MVS. He was hurt a lot throughout his career and not real reliable. The packers will add receivers thru the draft, free agency, and maybe a trade. I think they will be alright next season. All is not lost packer fans.

I think it will be a trade. 

brady likes vet wrs and i think ar does too.

they with bring in someone.