Utilit99

If you were a parent of an NCAA girls swimming and diving contender.

How would you deal with this?

The 2022 NCAA Women’s Swimming and Diving Championships kick off on Wednesday at the McAuley Aquatic Center in Atlanta, Georgia, where University of Pennsylvania swimmer Lia Thomas will look to close out a controversial season in three individual events, in two of which Thomas ranks first in the nation. 

Thomas, a 22-year-old transgender woman, is one of 322 athletes that qualified for the men’s and women’s championships this week after securing several records at the Ivy League Championships last month with wins in the 100, 200, and 500 freestyle events. 

Holding the top seed with a time of 4:34.06, Thomas is the favorite to win the women’s 500 free as well as the 200 free with the top time of 1:41.93. She also stands a good chance at upsetting the 100 free as the 10th seeded swimmer. 

Thomas’ dominance in the pool comes amid a heated debate on whether transgender female athletes should be allowed to compete against biological females.

The NCAA updated its transgender participation policy back in January to defer to the guidance of each sport’s governing body. The NCAA announced that its policy would become effective in March, starting with the Division I Women’s Swimming and Diving Championships.

USA Swimming updated its policy shortly after requiring transgender athletes who are competing at an elite level to have small levels of testosterone – half of what Thomas was allowed to compete with – for at least 36 months before being eligible, but the NCAA said weeks later that the Administrative Subcommittee of the Committee on Competitive Safeguards and Medical Aspects of Sports (CMAS) decided that it wouldn’t alter its testosterone guidance, stating that "implementing additional changes at this time could have unfair and potentially detrimental impacts on schools and student-athletes intending to compete in 2022 NCAA women's swimming championships."

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/2022-ncaa-womens-swimming-diving-championships-lia-thomas-favorite

I would organize a group of parents and kids to boycott the championships completely. 

Let the trannies be the only ones to show up. 

Have at it. 

• Like 3

Where is Jeff Gillooly when you need him?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Where is Jeff Gillooly when you need him?

Latest news from 2017.

He currently lives in a small Oregon town. the same area he grew up, met, married and divorced Harding in. In 1995, he remarried Nancy Sharkey, a woman he'd met in 1991 when she gave him a manicure at her salon, according to Deseret News, and who visited him throughout his prison stay.Dec 5, 2017

I wonder if the trans dude would cry like Nancy Kerrigan did?

7 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I would organize a group of parents and kids to boycott the championships completely. 

Let the trannies be only ones to show up. 

Have at it. 

Well then your kid would hate your guts.

I feel so sorry for these girls, they have no recourse.  They beg their parents not to say or do anything for fear, rightfully so, of being ruined for life by the woke cancel culture.  I heard a parent say (anonymously of course) that they spoke to the ACLU and were told incontrovertibly that the ACLU will never ever support a CIS woman against a trans.  The ACLU, the group that used to proudly support NAMBLA because everyone has civil liberties.  Now they are just a virtue signaling joke.

So these girls just spend days in advance steeling themselves for the disappointment they know is coming and trying to put on a happy face.  Many barely manage to hold back tears and find a corner alone somewhere to cry.

It is just so, so sad.  I suppose as a parent I would offer to be there with whatever support my daughter needs.  I might also encourage her to view it as if the trans person isn't there.  Strive to compete against the actual females.  And of course against yourself:  shoot for a PR, that's the best you can do.

41 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Well then your kid would hate your guts.

I feel so sorry for these girls, they have no recourse.  They beg their parents not to say or do anything for fear, rightfully so, of being ruined for life by the woke cancel culture.  I heard a parent say (anonymously of course) that they spoke to the ACLU and were told incontrovertibly that the ACLU will never ever support a CIS woman against a trans.  The ACLU, the group that used to proudly support NAMBLA because everyone has civil liberties.  Now they are just a virtue signaling joke.

So these girls just spend days in advance steeling themselves for the disappointment they know is coming and trying to put on a happy face.  Many barely manage to hold back tears and find a corner alone somewhere to cry.

It is just so, so sad.  I suppose as a parent I would offer to be there with whatever support my daughter needs.  I might also encourage her to view it as if the trans person isn't there.  Strive to compete against the actual females.  And of course against yourself:  shoot for a PR, that's the best you can do.

This is not necessarily true. Maybe for some kids, but there are strong willed girls in college that would probably go with a highly supported protest against it I would bet. Of course if my kid was in this position and really wanted to compete I wouldn't argue with it. But not all these girls FEAR the chance that others would "ruin" their lives. Nor should they.

Most people believe this is bullshlt. It wouldn't stop her from getting a job out of school just because she stood up for her beliefs. 

The facts are facts. These guys claim to be women but they aren't. They go in and shatter record after record.

I bet 90% of the parents of these kids are pissed that their kid has no shot. Especially the parents of the best ones who used to have a realistic chance of winning. 

I don't know if they present medals like they do in the olympics on podiums. But can you imagine your daughter standing on a podium in second or third place next to a dude on the top step? You would be proud of your kid, but steaming inside. 

After Watching Lia Thomas, Little Girl Adjusts Dreams To Just Winning Second Place At Olympics

https://babylonbee.com/news/after-watching-lia-thomas-little-girl-adjusts-dreams-to-just-winning-second-place-at-olympics

EVANSVILLE, IN—8-year-old Sara Yelden has always dreamed of being the best female swimmer in the world and someday winning the gold in the Olympics. However, after watching a man named Lia Thomas break every female swimming record in the book, she has decided to adjust her dream to just winning second place. 

"I know that if I work very very hard every day, I can win second place someday," said Sara. "My Mommy and Daddy always told me that there was nothing I couldn't do, but then the schools started letting boys swim against girls so now I have to be more realistic." 

Sara hopes to win a full-ride swimming scholarship to Stanford and become a veterinarian. Experts say that as long as no additional gender-confused men enter the fray to compete in women's swimming, she will have a good chance of achieving her dream.

UPDATE: Another trans swimmer has started competing, forcing Sara to readjust her dreams to 3rd place and a scholarship to DeVry. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Latest news from 2017.

He currently lives in a small Oregon town. the same area he grew up, met, married and divorced Harding in. In 1995, he remarried Nancy Sharkey, a woman he'd met in 1991 when she gave him a manicure at her salon, according to Deseret News, and who visited him throughout his prison stay.Dec 5, 2017

I wonder if the trans dude would cry like Nancy Kerrigan did?

Hopefully he wouldn't scream "Why me?" like Kerrigan did.

Lia :wub:

4 minutes ago, posty said:

After Watching Lia Thomas, Little Girl Adjusts Dreams To Just Winning Second Place At Olympics

https://babylonbee.com/news/after-watching-lia-thomas-little-girl-adjusts-dreams-to-just-winning-second-place-at-olympics

EVANSVILLE, IN—8-year-old Sara Yelden has always dreamed of being the best female swimmer in the world and someday winning the gold in the Olympics. However, after watching a man named Lia Thomas break every female swimming record in the book, she has decided to adjust her dream to just winning second place. 

"I know that if I work very very hard every day, I can win second place someday," said Sara. "My Mommy and Daddy always told me that there was nothing I couldn't do, but then the schools started letting boys swim against girls so now I have to be more realistic." 

Sara hopes to win a full-ride swimming scholarship to Stanford and become a veterinarian. Experts say that as long as no additional gender-confused men enter the fray to compete in women's swimming, she will have a good chance of achieving her dream.

UPDATE: Another trans swimmer has started competing, forcing Sara to readjust her dreams to 3rd place and a scholarship to DeVry. 

That's funny. 

Because if you don't laugh, you'll cry. 

I can't feel sorry for them.  I'd like to, but I can't.  The only way to have people listen, is to not show up.  If the girls really have an issue with this, then go there and not compete.  Let Thomas get in the water by herself.  If any event that she was in, and she was the only one in the pool, then the NCAA would listen.  If feminists don't have their backs, then you have to become the new wave of feminists who actually care about "women" and not people who pretend to be women.

Let's be real here.  There's no future in swimming... for men or women.  I mean, you're talking about 5 or 6 in the whole country each year that have a shot at the Olympics... every 4 years.  Let the swimming world "cancel" them.  You're not losing out on anything.  Honestly, they'd probably get more out of it.  I'm willing to bet there are millions of women who are biting their tongue's for the same reason.  If they stand up and make a statement, then they could be at the forefront of a true feminist movement that will gain millions of supporters.

Yes, they will be called an alt-right feminist group, but that'll only last until Democrats start losing more people than they gain.  They'll stop this charade and the trans "fad" will start to go away, as it coincides with the large group of Genz's and Millennial's who came out and say "I made a mistake".

I'd tell my daughter there are all kinds of people in this world.  After the match is over, all the girls should meet up with the trans to offer congratulations.  Then when no one is looking beat the ever living out of them.  Remember honey, freaks are people too and their bones will break if you stomp on them hard enough.  After it's over, we'll go get some ice cream.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I can't feel sorry for them.  I'd like to, but I can't.  The only way to have people listen, is to not show up.  If the girls really have an issue with this, then go there and not compete.  Let Thomas get in the water by herself.  If any event that she was in, and she was the only one in the pool, then the NCAA would listen.  If feminists don't have their backs, then you have to become the new wave of feminists who actually care about "women" and not people who pretend to be women.

Let's be real here.  There's no future in swimming... for men or women.  I mean, you're talking about 5 or 6 in the whole country each year that have a shot at the Olympics... every 4 years.  Let the swimming world "cancel" them.  You're not losing out on anything.  Honestly, they'd probably get more out of it.  I'm willing to bet there are millions of women who are biting their tongue's for the same reason.  If they stand up and make a statement, then they could be at the forefront of a true feminist movement that will gain millions of supporters.

Yes, they will be called an alt-right feminist group, but that'll only last until Democrats start losing more people than they gain.  They'll stop this charade and the trans "fad" will start to go away, as it coincides with the large group of Genz's and Millennial's who came out and say "I made a mistake".

The concern isn't their "future in swimming."  Most of these girls go to woke elite universities, can they even go back to school?  Get into grad school?  Pursue a career in academia or any number of professions?  

I love internet tough guys like you and @Utilit99who sit behind their keyboard saying that a 19 yr old Princeton student should tell a trans swimmer to fock off.  :thumbsup:

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

The concern isn't their "future in swimming."  Most of these girls go to woke elite universities, can they even go back to school?  Get into grad school?  Pursue a career in academia or any number of professions?  

I love internet tough guys like you and @Utilit99who sit behind their keyboard saying that a 19 yr old Princeton student should tell a trans swimmer to fock off.  :thumbsup:

In college you are supposed to learn what it's like to grow up and be your own person. Not caving in to what a few others think of you. 

Yes, even women need to be tough. It's not an internet tough guy act. It's about teaching these young adults to strive for what is right and not abandon what you believe because someone may shoot a mean tweet at you. Those people who don't defend their beliefs grow up to be angry liberals. 

And the person doesn't need to be mean to the trans dude by telling him to "fock off". They need to tell the administration allowing this to happen to fock off.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

People who want change have to initiate it.  There's risk involved.  Either be willing to take the risk or stop complaining.  All we know about is the "anonymous" people complaining.  We don't even know how many there are.  I've heard the words "multiple" and "many"... but for all we know, that literally could be 2 or 3 people.  It's possible that the mass majority don't even care.  So, if they don't care, why should I?  If the few don't like it, go somewhere else.  I love how you internet tough guys who sit behind a keyboard and tell everyone in the country that we all have to defend 2 or 3 people who have a different opinion than everyone else.  There are plenty of other schools where they can get a great education and go on to their field of choice, if they get snubbed from their elitist university.  Why not?  Or, are these people elitists too, and want to make sure that they can be associated with the Ivy League?

40 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

In college you are supposed to learn what it's like to grow up and be your own person. Not caving in to what a few others think of you. 

Yes, even women need to be tough. It's not an internet tough guy act. It's about teaching these young adults to strive for what is right and not abandon what you believe because someone may shoot a mean tweet at you. Those people grow up to be angry liberals. 

And the person doesn't need to be mean to the trans dude by telling him to "fock off". They need to tell the administration allowing this to happen to fock off.

Life must be easy with such a simplistic view of things.  If you tell the administration to fock off, you are telling the trans person to fock off. 

But by all means, tell us about a time in your life before you were able to legally drink that you took on a multi billion dollar entity, the MSM, and the people in your primary mode of communicating (social media these days).  :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Life must be easy with such a simplistic view of things.  If you tell the administration to fock off, you are telling the trans person to fock off. 

But by all means, tell us about a time in your life before you were able to legally drink that you took on a multi billion dollar entity, the MSM, and the people in your primary mode of communicating (social media these days).  :thumbsup: 

I don't care about the trans person in this situation. That dude should know better. He thinks he's a girl, which means, he's got other issues to deal with that are way more important. 

And this site is the most social media I partake in. I don't listen to what people have to say on tic toc. I've been written about in newspapers in the past with both glowing reviews and negative reviews. It didn't ruin my life in the least. 

A person is not taking on the whole of the US by saying, "No thanks. This isn't fair, so I'm opting out."  Mostly everyone would be in that person's corner anyway. She probably has a ton of friends, family and family friends that would support her to the end. 

We need to get people off of the social networks if their feelers get hurt so bad. 

The only thing I can think of where you have a point is how they need to deal with it if they are on scholarship. That's where a pause in actions is needed. 

You think everyone is a wimp if they say someone should stand up for their beliefs.  Sorry if you are projecting your own self on others, but not everyone is like that in life.  :thumbsup:

19 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

He is exactly what you pegged in an earlier post....just an Internet tough guy. I would probably handle it similar to how you described in the first post. Try to convince my kid to strive to break her own PR and aim for that place right behind the trans swimmer. 

1 hour ago, GobbleDog said:

I'd tell my daughter there are all kinds of people in this world.  After the match is over, all the girls should meet up with the trans to offer congratulations.  Then when no one is looking beat the ever living out of them.  Remember honey, freaks are people too and their bones will break if you stomp on them hard enough.  After it's over, we'll go get some ice cream.

:thumbsup: If he dies, he dies.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Try to convince my kid to strive to break her own PR and aim for that place right behind the trans swimmer. 

THAT is the wimpy way out.  You teach your kid to embrace her womanhood and fight for herself and others.  Not to find a comfortable place behind a cheater with a cockanballs. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

THAT is the wimpy way out.  You teach your kid to embrace her womanhood and fight for herself and others.  Not to find a comfortable place behind a cheater with a cockanballs. 

It's so over the top crazy it's impossible to even relate with anyone who is all in for the tranny swimmer. It's like having current day Keenan Allen at wide out on your high school football team.  

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

People can do multiple things at once...this isn't an either/or type scenario. 

48 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

EXACTLY!  Teaching them to keep their mouth shut is exactly what these people want.  Standing up for what you believe in is how things change.  If the girls want to keep their mouth's shut (and talk only anonymously), then I have a hard time feeling sorry for them.

Some of you have a very Pollyanna way of thinking. 

Again- you can do two things. There is a way to do this where you stand up for yourself and your "womanhod" while also expressing anger/outrage/concern. 

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

Some of you have a very Pollyanna way of thinking. 

Again- you can do two things. There is a way to do this where you stand up for yourself and your "womanhod" while also expressing anger/outrage/concern. 

Yes, you can do two things... the thing is, they're not.  They're only doing one... swimming.

4 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

People can do multiple things at once...this isn't an either/or type scenario. 

Doing nothing and accepting your situation is hardly part of "multiple things".

And trannies can call themselves plenty of things. They CANNOT call themselves women. Ever.  It's a shame that others allow them to.  This is not to demean them. 

7 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Doing nothing and accepting your situation is hardly part of "multiple things".

And trannies can call themselves plenty of things. They CANNOT call themselves women. Ever.  It's a shame that others allow them to.  This is not to demean them. 

Problem is you have people like utilit99 whose method is to demean them...So you need to thread a line in expressing your outrage and it all while also respecting their decision to do this- regardless of whether you understand it, agree with it or not. 

5 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Problem is you have people like utilit99 whose method is to demean them...So you need to thread a line in expressing your outrage and it all while also respecting their decision to do this- regardless of whether you understand it, agree with it or not. 

I just said tranny's have no place in women's sports unless they are girls in the first place. 

And I think they have mental issues that should be attended to. 

And why do you call it outrage just because someone has a belief that you don't share?

And why do you think men can become women?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

They aren't women.  Never will be.  We aren't demeaning them. You are the ones dirtying the water with your PC nonsense and your wacko ideals.  And destroying lives of young girls in the process by telling them to suck it up. Sorry to break it to you. 

4 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

How would you deal with this?

Sweep the leg?

:dunno:

mooney thinks the majority of women athletes should accept terrible unfair rule changes to accommodate the .000005% of the population. 

I am man, my child is also a man. I have nothing to worry about. Only soy boys have girls 😛 

11 minutes ago, edjr said:

I am man, my child is also a man. I have nothing to worry about. Only soy boys have girls 😛 

How soy do you have to be to have girls and tell them they should accept being inferior to trannies, while telling them to stand up to men?   :lol:   Libs.

Just now, TimmySmith said:

How soy do you have to be to have girls and them tell them they should accept being inferior to trannies, while telling them to stand up to men?   :lol:   Libs.

feminism! catch it

Do trannies go to women's rights marches and protests because now since they turned they must automatically get paid a lower salary? Right?

4 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

They aren't women.  Never will be.  We aren't demeaning them. You are the ones dirtying the water with your PC nonsense and your wacko ideals.  And destroying lives of young girls in the process by telling them to suck it up. Sorry to break it to you. 

And my daughter stands up for herself and then starts getting harassed and bullied for being a hate monger or something stupid like that which affects my daughter's mental health potentially. No person in their right mind would ever want that for their kids either. Again- there is nuance here no matter how much you want to paint it and there is a way to approach it by threading a needle through some different areas. That isn't saying "accept you are inferior"