WhiteWonder

2022 Season / Draft Discussion

So we settled on 12 teams with Posty dropping out and 29guests being MIA since last July.

Bones have been rolled and I am in the process of posting draft threads. 

If someone with access can PIN this thread please and also if you can possibly go in and edit each draft thread to remove the spaces between the picks? I can't figure out how to not have double spacing lol. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

So we settled on 12 teams with Posty dropping out and 29guests being MIA since last July.

Bones have been rolled and I am in the process of posting draft threads. 

If someone with access can PIN this thread please and also if you can possibly go in and edit each draft thread to remove the spaces between the picks? I can't figure out how to not have double spacing lol. 

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, it double-spaces unless you hold shift while hitting enter.  

So you'd have to pull the line below back up, then do a shift+enter to make it single-spaced.
Like dis.

1 hour ago, Mookz said:

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, it double-spaces unless you hold shift while hitting enter.  

So you'd have to pull the line below back up, then do a shift+enter to make it single-spaced.
Like dis.

thank you sir :cheers:

am I doing this right, I can't remember

I dont really need to fill in my exclusive guys cause they are mine and can fill it in later if I assume those guys wont get drafted in the 24 FA's?

for example guys like Cal Quantrill, Eric Lauer, etc I wouldn't really need to assign to my team til later?

Just now, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

am I doing this right, I can't remember

I dont really need to fill in my exclusive guys cause they are mine and can fill it in later if I assume those guys wont get drafted in the 24 FA's?

for example guys like Cal Quantrill, Eric Lauer, etc I wouldn't really need to assign to my team til later?

correct. Using a back end pick on an exclusive player just protects him from being drafted in the 2 round supplemental draft.

Many, if not all teams are going to end up using draft picks on exclusive players who wouldn't otherwise be selected in the supplemental because... well.... we have to fill out our teams and after 10-12 rounds, you may not have any shared players to even draft.

So yes, you can leave the scrubby type players out of your draft and they will still be exclusive to you once rosters are loaded.

7 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

So yes, you can leave the scrubby type players out of your draft and they will still be exclusive to you once rosters are loaded.

But what if all I have are scrubby type players? 😐

2 hours ago, Jim Mora said:

But what if all I have are scrubby type players? 😐

You'll dominate the Os.  🤪

26 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

@WhiteWonder

18.01 -- WhiteWonder (Rays) -- Avisail Garcia, OF, MIA

Nope. 

Meh. I’ll fix it. Keep confusing myself with which team you are. Seems like every year something in the league shifts to fucck me even more

Just a reminder, as per prior seasons, players who are currently exclusive and free agents or possibly traded would have to then be drafted from pick one on down if they don’t remain exclusive. 

(I know ZT knows this just putting this here for @RaiderHaters Revenge)

9 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Just a reminder, as per prior seasons, players who are currently exclusive and free agents or possibly traded would have to then be drafted from pick one on down if they don’t remain exclusive. 

For some reason I had that question in my mind but was embarrassed to ask.  So we're not "locking in" our exclusives right now by "drafting" them?  🤔

When are they "safe", only when the remainder of the draft is complete?  Or when the draft officially starts?  

18 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I think what you’re saying is like if someone I selected right now got traded I would have to throw him back in?  I get that

50 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Timing is everything. 🤨.   

Correct. So you can’t lock in someone who is a free agent (using Castellanos as an example because it prompted me to post this). 

if he gets signed by…. Boston… Boston would have a right to draft him with his round 1 pick because round 1 comes before round 17 or whatever. 

so when signings or trades happen mid draft it sucks and can come down to luck if where we are at during the draft. 

once the draft is done, it’s done though. 

1 hour ago, Mookz said:

For some reason I had that question in my mind but was embarrassed to ask.  So we're not "locking in" our exclusives right now by "drafting" them?  🤔

When are they "safe", only when the remainder of the draft is complete?  Or when the draft officially starts?  

When the draft is complete. 

the exclusives we are drafting are never locked. You don’t have to even start putting players in at all. I think we all just like to do it to see some progress 😂 

57 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I think what you’re saying is like if someone I selected right now got traded I would have to throw him back in?  I get that

Or risk losing him.  For example:

18.06 -- RaiderHaters Revenge (Padres) -- Anthony Rizzo, 1B, NYY

If Rizzo somehow was traded to the Rangers in the next few days, I could go ahead and grab him with any pick prior to 18.06

EDIT - I was trying to avoid mentioning Castellanos but knew exactly what prompted it WW 😂

4 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

When the draft is complete. 

the exclusives we are drafting are never locked. You don’t have to even start putting players in at all. I think we all just like to do it to see some progress 😂 

Ah, right, those ending rounds come after the beginning rounds even though we're filling them in first, so the early rounds always take precedence.  :doh:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jim Mora said:

Or risk losing him.  For example:

18.06 -- RaiderHaters Revenge (Padres) -- Anthony Rizzo, 1B, NYY

If Rizzo somehow was traded to the Rangers in the next few days, I could go ahead and grab him with any pick prior to 18.06

EDIT - I was trying to avoid mentioning Castellanos but knew exactly what prompted it WW 😂

Oh wow. I think with how this shortened off season is. Something like that the guy should just be thrown back out there but I could then draft him earlier too

It does get interesting.  Let’s say i have Arenado as an exclusive. He gets traded to the Rays  when I am on the clock in the second round.  I can go ahead and draft him with that pick and backfill where I had him as an exclusive.  If I picked right before the trade is announced then Wonder could draft him and I would be out of luck.   Timing is everything during the drafts this spring. 

9 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Oh wow. I think with how this shortened off season is. Something like that the guy should just be thrown back out there but I could then draft him earlier too

Yes you could.  Because technically round 26 isn't closed until all the previous picks are in.  We do it to expedite the picks and certainly once YOUR team is complete with all picks, changing something would be really crap as teams are going to be picking those middle rounds knowing teams like my Toronto, Boston and St Louis (most likely) will be done by round 10. 11-16 becomes the easier scrub picks by other teams that don't have the depth maybe.
Like lambert just said, you can pick and backfill but you have to have your pick ahead of whomever they've become available to in that current round.

46 minutes ago, lambert58 said:

It does get interesting.  Let’s say i have Arenado as an exclusive. He gets traded to the Rays  when I am on the clock in the second round.  I can go ahead and draft him with that pick and backfill where I had him as an exclusive.  If I picked right before the trade is announced then Wonder could draft him and I would be out of luck.   Timing is everything during the drafts this spring. 

ok that makes sense

funny right after we were talking about this Padres made a trade, and I was worried

2 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

You can. But sometimes they f we have already started round one, it comes down to timing 

The Bobby witt jr dominance of shortstop eligibility starts this year :pointstosky:

8 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

The Bobby witt jr dominance of shortstop eligibility starts this year :pointstosky:

So does the Adley Rutschman dominance of already being 24, already being hurt, and being a total ho-hum Matt Wieters pt 2.  :bandana:

As an Os fan I am justified in being negative.  :angry:

just added a note that we can kick off the draft 3/21 at noon eastern time. again, we can take out time this coming week but will need to be ready to get it in gear the following week.

Is this for draft discussion, or just season discussion? Because I want to know who is laughing at my first round, world series mvp pick :mad:

I don’t know who is laughing but I know I’m going to be crying after the draft 

3 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Is this for draft discussion, or just season discussion? Because I want to know who is laughing at my first round, world series mvp pick :mad:

It is I who laughed. 😁

7 minutes ago, Burt said:

It is I who laughed. 😁

He's probably the only guy available to me with the possibility of getting to 40 homers :(

Wasn't laughing at the player.  I was laughing because you of you waiting until he signed with Miami before drafting him.  And because I was drunk.

51 minutes ago, Burt said:

Wasn't laughing at the player.  I was laughing because you of you waiting until he signed with Miami before drafting him.  And because I was drunk.

He wasn't going to sit on the waivers forever.  I also think this dh thing in the nl may impact this league a lot

12 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Consider this both. No need for two separate threads. I’d rather have more chatter in one centralized location. 

I will get on filling out the rest of the back end picks this evening 

3 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Consider this both. No need for two separate threads. I’d rather have more chatter in one centralized location. 

I will get on filling out the rest of the back end picks this evening 

I’m working on the back end picks now.  

32 minutes ago, lambert58 said:

I’m working on the back end picks now.  

Thanks bro :cheers:

when do we start skipping dudes?

fck off blackclouds 😐