WhiteWonder

2022 Season / Draft Discussion

Rounds 27 and 28 still fall technically in the draft picks due to the roster sizes.  I was worried that finalizing completely might mess with settings so I didn't hit that button.  Now at work, I can't log into Yahoo and the mobile app doesn't let me make draft changes either that I can tell with the Commish tools.

If anyone knows for sure that the finalize draft won't mess the spots then if CMH or Lambert can get to it today great.  Or else when I get home at 4 CT, I'll push the button.

8 minutes ago, GuardBum said:

Rounds 27 and 28 still fall technically in the draft picks due to the roster sizes.  I was worried that finalizing completely might mess with settings so I didn't hit that button.  Now at work, I can't log into Yahoo and the mobile app doesn't let me make draft changes either that I can tell with the Commish tools.

If anyone knows for sure that the finalize draft won't mess the spots then if CMH or Lambert can get to it today great.  Or else when I get home at 4 CT, I'll push the button.

I wouldn’t my gut tells me it would end the draft. Supplemental players could always be added individually by teams later but this way is cleanest. 

It’s simple just to go to available players like Burt said to see who remains in the draft pool and if you didn’t keep track of Your own roster on a spreadsheet or paper, you can filter by your team and see your roster that way. 

easy enough

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GuardBum said:

Here is what I did some years...

Finalize it, even with only 26 man rosters (the league is set to 28 spots, so it will think each team has two openings)...  Disable each team from making waiver moves so that way on the commissioner can make roster additions...  Then when a player gets drafted, the commissioner adds the player accordingly...  Then when done with the two rounds, enable all teams to make moves...

Other years I left it alone and just added the drafted player to round 27 and 28 and listed how everyone can see their roster and all available players...

• Like 1

With Buehler off the board it was a toss up for me between Tucker and Robert.  Had Robert last year and when he played it was awesome, but the injury piece did get me so that was the only deciding factor for me.  Robert probably has better speed upside.

Somehow got one of the two or three players that could significantly upgrade my roster. Did not expect JRam to fall that far. 

1 minute ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Somehow got one of the two or three players that could significantly upgrade my roster. Did not expect JRam to fall that far. 

Tough to leave that quality player on the board for me but I have so many options at 3B I personally could not upgrade a more needed position.

2 hours ago, ZeroTolerance said:

I contemplated JRam instead of Harper 

with an IF of France, Voit, Cronen, (Tatis), Urias, Frazier, and Rizzo, I thought an OF of Grisham, Myers, Reyes, Upton, needed and upgrade way more

2 minutes ago, Jim Mora said:

I'm really going to regret not taking JRam there. 

yah I think JRam over Robert and Tucker were no brainers honestly, but roster compilation matters, so I don't know

Went with a safer pick (i hope) with this 2nd round.  Wanted to reach on someone but since I went with a positional ceiling gamble pick the first one, figured I'd best not push my luck.

1 minute ago, GuardBum said:

Went with a safer pick (i hope) with this 2nd round.  Wanted to reach on someone but since I went with a positional ceiling gamble pick the first one, figured I'd best not push my luck.

he was my safe, hoping he made it back to me

I moved up to grab Bryant.  He popped 2 picks before me.  (Nice grab).   Had to switch gears.  Thought Hader was the best at his position in the game.  Happy with the second choice. 

Trea Turner at 27.03 gives me a lot of flexibility with the IF.   Plug him in at SS and can use Wong at second and Edman in the OF.   Lots of doubles and steals with those 3. 

1 minute ago, lambert58 said:

I moved up to grab Bryant.  He popped 2 picks before me.  (Nice grab).   Had to switch gears.  Thought Hader was the best at his position in the game.  Happy with the second choice. 

Trea Turner at 27.03 gives me a lot of flexibility with the IF.   Plug him in at SS and can use Wong at second and Edman in the OF.   Lots of doubles and steals with those 3. 

Bryant is overrated, Hader is much more of a game changer 

headed home.  maybe we can finish this up and I'll try to update and finalize the draft tonight :fingerscrossed

27 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Bryant is overrated, Hader is much more of a game changer 

Don't completely disagree with the Bryant comment but I'm hoping he may be a little less overrated playing in Coors Field...and he gives me some additional position flexibility.

Bryant’s draft value goes way up by being eligible at 1B. You can’t ignore position flexibility in this league. 

Trea Turner for example. I would have loved to draft him if I didn’t really need an ace SP. I could have plugged him at short and moved Adames to my bench or at second and shifted Lowe to the outfield. I do have outfield depth though so with that in mind and again, no ace, Burnes was the pick. 

41 minutes ago, bbascom said:

Don't completely disagree with the Bryant comment but I'm hoping he may be a little less overrated playing in Coors Field...and he gives me some additional position flexibility.

I completely forgot he wants of course I was still thinking he was with a giantS

12 hours ago, GuardBum said:

Everything up to date in Yahoo. Off to bed.

What is the URL?

11 minutes ago, posty said:

What is the URL?

I should be able to finish everything tonight if cmh or lambert don't get to it first.  Just 6 picks to enter and finalize the draft.
Pretty sure I'm not on the hook to cook tonight but i will be picking up a new grill if all goes as planned. 

And we are done 

good draft all

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

And we are done 

good draft all

Nice work all, good luck this season...come on April 7!

Happy to come out of the supplemental with Burnes and Peralta. There was another pitcher I was intrigued by for my 28.11 but I had Peralta higher and thought he would have been gone….. wait the draft is over 😂, it was Dylan Cease I was intrigued by. 

Was committed to going SP/SP from the start, unfortunately…..

also Chris Archer signed with the Twins and should be in their rotation plans which gives my rag tag group a little more depth even though Archer hasn’t been good or healthy in years. 

Also thanks to everyone who pitched in updating draft threads, loading rosters etc. 

I wasn’t sure if we were going to be able to manage without Posty … ;)

Just now, WhiteWonder said:

Also thanks to everyone who pitched in updating draft threads, loading rosters etc. 

I wasn’t sure if we were going to be able to manage without Posty … ;)

:lol:

I knew you guys would be just fine...  The smartest thing was to kick 29 Guests to the curb so you had 12 very active owners for drafting...

I drafted reckless this year.  Had it in my mind that this is the year I get Rutschman, and couldn't bring myself to reach for no 38 year old Chirinos.  And it bit me, I'm without a starting catcher until Adley heals and/or gets called up (p.s. if anyone has a warm body catcher available, make me an offer).  

I also waited too long on Mateo.  I wanted him but didn't know how much Raiderhater valued him.  Only after he was taken did I realize that Tatis is a SS and RH therefore may have been looking for additional SS support.  :doh:  Had to burn a supplemental on a SS, when I normally take two starters.  I guess the good news is that I drafted more pitching than usual, the bad news is it all sucks.  😏

Other than botching Smyly and Boyd, the rest of the draft went as well as I could have hoped for. I knew going in that it would be Scherzer or Baez, no chance of getting both. Wasn't sure J.D. Martinez would be there for me in round 2.

Supplemental draft went perfectly. Once Turner was off the board, I knew my second round pick would be Altuve and that I could trade down and still get him. Getting the major upgrade at two positions (one being a top 3 hitter) and a useful arm for the rotation in a two round draft was a best-case scenario. 

Looking back on the totality of my draft now that the Supplemental is complete (and now that I'm less pissed :lol:)......

The bones focked me, plain and simple. As soon as I saw the entire order, not just that I was last, I knew it was going to be rough going. Of course picking last was the worst case scenario as I could have very well nabbed one of my top 3 pitchers and still had Arozarena in round 2 if I was middle of the pack. Nelson Cruz may turn out to be a mistake. As mentioned before, his util only status makes him a bit of a dead spot on my roster and it's very likely CJ Cron is ascending and this will be the year Cruz vanishes. I thought there might be a better chance of Cron making it back to my 3/4 turn. Instead, those picks were Garcia who used to be exclusive and Luis Patino just because I needed a SP, hes young with upside, and I did not think he would pass RHR again. Knew Fairbanks would not make it back to me in round 5 and maybe I got lucky there as he looks likely to miss the first half of the season. Disappointing from a real Rays perspective. Alex Cobb in round 5 just feels a little dirty but most teams are taking shots in these rounds and going after needs. He did play solidly in LA last year..... Brad Miller seems to have landed in a nice spot and I needed the 1B depth.  7/8 was a nice turn for depth. I didn't think Margot would be there and Mejia gives me the Rays catcher tandem.  9/10 was my most exciting and favorite turn. I was confident Pham would land a job and just got lucky with his landing spot. Boxberger pitched great last year and is capable of closing. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Hader traded but i'd prefer Boxberger remain in a holds role.

Having the most balls in the supplemental didn't feel like much of a bonus. Often, i'd rather be picking at the back end. Seeing a talent like J-Ram fall to 10 just confirms this. Yet picking first allowed me to get the ace I needed and perhaps having 2 less teams this year (4 less supp picks) also allowed me to land a player I coveted at the end. :dunno:

Now just need the draft finalized so I can fiddle around and roster-bate 

also, i would love to see all those generic yahoo baseball hat logos replaced with some unique team logos!  Lets go boys! :cheers:

11 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Now just need the draft finalized so I can fiddle around and roster-bate 

also, i would love to see all those generic yahoo baseball hat logos replaced with some unique team logos!  Lets go boys! :cheers:

Still working on a team name. 

Poor Mets. I feel like he has had one huge injury post draft / pre season every year. 

My bad news isn't on that level, but Riley Greene breaking his foot (and still hitting a triple off of Cole afterwards) blows. 21 ABs, three double, two triples, two homers this spring. 

1 hour ago, ZeroTolerance said:

My bad news isn't on that level, but Riley Greene breaking his foot (and still hitting a triple off of Cole afterwards) blows. 21 ABs, three double, two triples, two homers this spring. 

Scherzer 😬

Me:  I need a reliable ace for my top pick.  Someone who will always take the ball and put up decent numbers.  Lance Lynn come on down!.

Fantasy Baseball Gods:  watch this….

Lance Lynn -  boom.  Knee surgery 🤬