WhiteWonder

2022 Season / Draft Discussion

Fock this guy.  :angry:

Richard Rodriguez has been suspended 80 games by Major League Baseball for violating the Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.

Rodriguez was one of three notable players -- Jose Rondon and Danny Santana being the others -- to test positive for Boldenone. All three players are currently free agents and would have to serve their suspension with whichever team winds up signing them (assuming they do, in fact, get signed).

13 hours ago, Mookz said:

Fock this guy.  :angry:

Richard Rodriguez has been suspended 80 games by Major League Baseball for violating the Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.

Rodriguez was one of three notable players -- Jose Rondon and Danny Santana being the others -- to test positive for Boldenone. All three players are currently free agents and would have to serve their suspension with whichever team winds up signing them (assuming they do, in fact, get signed).

...and...

Pedro Severino has been suspended for 80 games after testing positive for Clomiphene, a performance-enhancing substance.

Severino signed a one-year, $1.9 million contract with the Brewers in November and was expected to serve as Omar Narvaez's primary caddy this season. His absence opens the door for either Mario Feliciano or Brett Sullivan to serve as Milwaukee's backup catcher to open the year.

1 hour ago, posty said:

...and...

Pedro Severino has been suspended for 80 games after testing positive for Clomiphene, a performance-enhancing substance.

Severino signed a one-year, $1.9 million contract with the Brewers in November and was expected to serve as Omar Narvaez's primary caddy this season. His absence opens the door for either Mario Feliciano or Brett Sullivan to serve as Milwaukee's backup catcher to open the year.

Just saw that.  Really fock that guy.  :mad:

As a fan, sad to see Meadows traded… but this is what we do. For fantasy purposes sad that he was traded to a currently owned team and no longer is exclusive but also happy this opens up playing time for Josh Lowe. 

Honestly not sure what the plan is with him once Greene is back in June (knock on wood). Unless they are ready to move Cabrera to the bench and have Meadows or Baddoo DH?

Good luck to all.  :cheers:

Of course I'll be auditing the league again this year, but maybe next year the Os' rebuild can start bearing fruit.  😏

God, Yahoo is such a f u cking beating.  My high school girls had a doubleheader 175 miles away from home Friday so I knew I'd be gone all day.  In preparation, I set my lineup ahead of time Thursday.  Then I made a DL move.  That move didn't affect anyone I'd previously set in my lineup, but Yahoo being the s hit host that it is, reverted my lineup to the previous day because of the move.  

I know I about Yahoo every season and every season I say its my last because of Yahoo.  But one day, and I'm not sure when, I'm gonna actually quit these f u ckers.

@Jim Mora  it didn’t impact anything because he didn’t play in the game but you started Jake marisnick against me and I don’t see where he ever accrued regular season stats for the rangers.

perhaps he was in their spring training this year before joining Pitt? 

12 hours ago, Burt said:

God, Yahoo is such a f u cking beating.  My high school girls had a doubleheader 175 miles away from home Friday so I knew I'd be gone all day.  In preparation, I set my lineup ahead of time Thursday.  Then I made a DL move.  That move didn't affect anyone I'd previously set in my lineup, but Yahoo being the s hit host that it is, reverted my lineup to the previous day because of the move.  

I know I about Yahoo every season and every season I say its my last because of Yahoo.  But one day, and I'm not sure when, I'm gonna actually quit these f u ckers.

It’s annoying for sure. I’ve never noticed it with just moving a player to the DH but if you add someone for the vacant roster spot, it will reset your lineup. Dumb? Yes but also something we’ve known about for years so I always make it a point to reset my lineup after any drop/add. 

it’s still better than years ago when this league wouldn’t let you add players for the same day. I’m so glad we changed that setting. I can’t imagine trying to navigate daily lineup changes in todays MLB without being able to change on the fly. 

On 4/9/2022 at 2:29 PM, WhiteWonder said:

@Jim Mora  it didn’t impact anything because he didn’t play in the game but you started Jake marisnick against me and I don’t see where he ever accrued regular season stats for the rangers.

That's exactly what happened.  Baseball Reference even has 'im in a Rangers cap.  :D

Yup...  Marisnick was waived by the Rangers on April 5 after a dismal spring training and the Pirates signed him on April 7...

Marisnick cannot be rostered by the Rangers...

@lambert58 @GuardBum @cmh6476

doesnt seem like I got moras attention and he keeps playing Marisnick. I mean it’s just marisnick and he hasn’t started on the days mora has put him In but can one of you drop him? Just so there’s not some fluke stats from him that decide a category 

It says he is locked for editing today

24 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

yeah it is what it is, but at least for the remainder of the week

2 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

You probably will need to do it first thing in the morning to drop him...

5 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Done

thanks. like i said probably wouldnt make a difference but you never know... random pinch hit triple or something

:doh:

My bad.  Yeah, he was a NRI that never made the team, was cut, and signed by Pitt.  My mistake. 

45 minutes ago, Jim Mora said:

:doh:

My bad.  Yeah, he was a NRI that never made the team, was cut, and signed by Pitt.  My mistake. 

All good :cheers:

If Freddy Peralta had been gone by my pick (and I thought he would be) , I was going to draft Dylan Cease. Should have gone with the gut feeling. 

Good start to the Tigers' season. Down two of their top 3 relievers, Mize sprained his MCL, Manning left the game after 30 pitches today, and Baez also to the DL.

22 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

If Freddy Peralta had been gone by my pick (and I thought he would be) , I was going to draft Dylan Cease. Should have gone with the gut feeling. 

I was going to go with Cease out of a disc golf connection and to the fact that I thought he'd have a good season but not taking Giolito over him on paper... well...

You know things are going good when three of your players go on the DL and two get pulled from their games due to injury...in the same day. 

20 hours ago, ZeroTolerance said:

You know things are going good when three of your players go on the DL and two get pulled from their games due to injury...in the same day. 

The other fantasy league I’m in I’ve got 8 on the IL. We have 6 IL spots and I’m still struggling for roster space. 

(granted I drafted a few on purpose knowing they would be injured for keeper purposes… Tyler Glasnow, Lance McCullers etc)

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

why? he was signed by the padres?

I see its not official now, it was reported earlier that it was agreed upon

i dont anticipate my brother wanting to snap him up but he wasnt officially signed when you added him. 

go ahead and keep him but in the future signings have to be finalized

4 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

i dont anticipate my brother wanting to snap him up but he wasnt officially signed when you added him. 

go ahead and keep him but in the future signings have to be finalized

I already dropped, Dennis Lin had reported he signed when I added

I dont really need him im loaded at MI and Tatis back in a month

5 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I already dropped, Dennis Lin had reported he signed when I added

I dont really need him im loaded at MI and Tatis back in a month

it's all good bud :cheers:

i've been trying to "police" rosters just a little bit since Posty isn't in the league this year and that was his MO :lol:. It easier for me to catch obviously when its a name I recognize or a team playing against me. Hopefully everyone monitors it just a little bit as most of the time it's an honest mistake... and I knew exactly why you picked him up.. knew you were not doing anything shady.

@Mookz:

Matt Harvey has been suspended 60 games for a violation of the joint drug program between MLB and the MLBPA.

This ruling stems from the information that Harvey revealed during the Tyler Skaggs trial back in February. Harvey testified in court that he exchanged pain pills with Skaggs during a period before the former Angels pitcher's tragic overdose death. The suspension is retroactive to April 29. Harvey signed a new minor league contract with the Orioles on April 8 and has been working at their spring training complex in Florida.

4 hours ago, posty said:

@Mookz:

Matt Harvey has been suspended 60 games for a violation of the joint drug program between MLB and the MLBPA.

This ruling stems from the information that Harvey revealed during the Tyler Skaggs trial back in February. Harvey testified in court that he exchanged pain pills with Skaggs during a period before the former Angels pitcher's tragic overdose death. The suspension is retroactive to April 29. Harvey signed a new minor league contract with the Orioles on April 8 and has been working at their spring training complex in Florida.

That seems really weird.  🤔

Still, fock this guy.  :angry:

Not that I was expecting anything from him.  The most I'd done was put him on my watch list.  I'd much rather the Os give a young guy a chance.

Of course I forget about early games when it involves the rays and two of my better SPs. I hope they get shelled. 

Down from 8 starting pitchers to start the year to...3 right now, pending Scherzer's MRI.

Scherzer out 6-8 weeks. Mize out indefinitely. Pineda out minimum one month. Manning still out since mid-April. The Tigers are even worse off, with Rodriguez, Matthews, Greene, Reyes, Cisnero also on the IL.

This is going to be an exercise in management. I can’t even blame missing out on my top draft picks as Morton has been off thus far, Snell had been hurt… granted Cruz is finally old but the issue is I need to change my name to Red Cross Rays 😂. Now that the Rangers gave up that moniker 

my noteworthy IL players:

Tyler Glasnow (ok I wasn’t planning to have him)
Shane Baz   
Freddy Peralta
Luis Patino  
Andrew Kittredge 
Jake McGee. 
JT Chargois

Brandon Lowe. 
Willy Adames. 
Joey Wendle. 
Austin Meadows. 
Manuel Margot 

On 3/28/2022 at 5:02 PM, bbascom said:

Don't completely disagree with the Bryant comment but I'm hoping he may be a little less overrated playing in Coors Field...and he gives me some additional position flexibility.

This didn't age well. Only played in 17 games so far, 0 HRs and 4 RBIs. Just returned from IL, played 2 games and now all signs point to going right back on the IL.