WhiteWonder

2022 Season / Draft Discussion

How did the trade deadline treat everyone?  I didn't notice a whole ess ton of major conflicts arising between homers teams.

For me:

Mancini to the Astros probably helps me a little, at least for this season.  Still an exclusive, good team, friendlier park, possible option when the Os are off.

Jorge Lopez to the Twins may also help slightly.  No longer a closer, but I have the next man up for the Os (Bautista), and hopefully Lopez will now be a good source of holds on a competitive team.

Givens to the Mets makes him no longer exclusive so I can no longer churn him, but hopefully his value improves slightly going to a much better team.

Brett Phillips - no idea why they wanted him.  Probably a non-factor for me.  :dunno: 

It seemed like half my team was the subject of trade rumors and therefore had to be protected or gambled on, so now I can finally relax.  😏

The Rays are trotting out a minor league team most days. Trade deadline didn't really help or hurt me. 

- Addition of Jose Siri is interesting as he has a lot of tools. With Kiermaier done for the season and Margot not due back yet he could be an intriguing outfield option but I have tons of middling outfielders. He's at least exclusive 

- David Robertson going to Philly could go either way. If he does well, he will get the bulk of save chances on a better team.... but he also won't have the leash he had in Chicago. Remains exclusive

- David Peralta... I'm just tired of adding part time depth outfielders.  again, exclusive. 

- Losing Brett Phillips exclusivity doesn't matter. He's not good offensively and I would very rarely use him

- NOT trading for Contreras pissed me off. With Zunino done for the season I was really hoping to add Contreras as an exclusive.... considering they can use him at catcher and DH and the team desperately needs offense, I am surprised they didn't deal for him similar to dealing for Nelson Cruz last year. I guess the cost was too high since no one landed him. 

- Also kind of wanted to see Rodon get traded somewhere with better run support.

At least I got Freddy Peralta back off IL sooner than expected. If he is okay, then I love my rotation of McClanahan, Burnes, Rodon, Peralta, Rasmussen and Cobb (plus some spot guys). Injuries on offense have just been killer with an already less than stellar offensive team. 

Most moves by the Jays weren't completely irrelevant.  Baseball wise made some decent sense, fantasy wise not too much yet to be excited for.  Here's why...

Anthony Bass (null) - Already had him as option so gaining him back on the Jays probably lessens his fantasy impact going from an almost closer and certainly getting some holds to now, just another arm in a pen that I can't figure out already who's getting those chances each night.

Zach Pop (gain) - another decent hard throwing arm but isn't going to have relevant impact anytime in the near future that I can see.  Will be exclusive.

Mitch White (gain) - he'll likely take Ross Stripling's place now with that injury but we'll see how it plays out.

Andrew Vazquez, Jeremy Beasley, Max Castillo (loss) - still exclusive non-factor RP

gained and lost some minor leaguers, some of whom never got PT for the Jays the only that had some intrigue so far was Jordan Groshan going to Miami.  Likely being a 3B later.

Whit Merrifield (gain) - will be the biggest impact likely going forward.  Obviously not this year but cmh and I now will have another player to fight over.  Adding more speed, hitting, and health plus a little position flexibility at 2B/OF he becomes a better Jon Berti/Craig Biggio option if I ever do get to draft him.

Really thought they'd do more with moves.

Yep, speaking of trades that did not happen, the Dodgers were said to be in on Pablo Lopez late, but that did not happen.  He stays on the Marlins.  <_<

obviously my team improved significantly, as the guys that got traded (Ruiz, Abrams, Gore, Rogers, Lamet) still remain exclusive, and the guys I got (Soto, Bell) becomes exclusive to me

I still maintain all the Seattle guys (France, Frazier) as well as a guy like Urias, Lauer, Clevinger (unless he goes to a claimed team)

I now have interesting options in the future with Darvish, Manny, Snell, Drury (fluke??), Renfroe, Musgrove, Profar, Myers, Alfaro, some closers that came out of nowhere like Cimber who has been Nails for TOR, Rogers if he finds a closer roll, the list goes on and on

but I look at it today and see

C- Grandal, Nola

1B- Rizzo, Naylor, Bell

2B- Cronenworth, Abrams

SS- Tatis, Kim, Abrams

3B- France, Kim

OF- Soto, Grisham

f

I received a little help.  Added Jordan Montgomery to my SP as an exclusive.  The Cards grabbing Quintana hurts because Black Trouser ate outside have him.   It does give a chance for Oviedo to make some starts for the Pirates though and remain exclusive to me. Probably the best case scenario for me.   If the Cards grabbed Soto I wouldn’t get him anyway.  Same with Rondo.     

Didn't gain much that will help me this year.

Vazquez (1B/C) went to Houston so he remains exclusive. Diekman (RP) went to CWS but I still compete for him anyway.

Gained access to Eric Hosmer (1B), Tommy Pham (OF) and Reese McQuire (C) for potential draft next year. The first 2 are both already on teams this year and the last guy, you can reference the notes in Yahoo that say "McGuire is a solid defensive catcher but can't hit a lick."

Other than that, just gained a couple of minor leaguers that I've never heard of...so yeah, not a lot of improvement for me.

i'd love to see us expand back to 14 teams next year to make the draft more interesting and the supplemental drafts not as insanely deep.... but would rather have 12 great owners than 2 more  cdub style flakes. 

also last time I filled a spot in the league it cost me a bunch of exclusives in san diego :lol:

1 minute ago, Mookz said:

Pretty epic battle for 6th.  @WhiteWonder best of luck to you, sir.  😏

Yeah we shit the bed last week. And McClanahan won’t help me this week again. 

good luck but I don’t think you’ll need it 

My team sucked but started my best lineup up to the last day :(

I blew it starting Luis Patino today but also looks like I’m going to lose because the Angels didn’t make changes today. 

sweet

congrats I guess, Mookz

4 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

I blew it starting Luis Patino today but also looks like I’m going to lose because the Angels didn’t make changes today. 

sweet

congrats I guess, Mookz

Hmm, actually I think we're going to tie, as far as "games back" goes.  🤔

I'll have one more loss than you, and one more win than you.  If Yahoo calculates winning percentage as wins/(wins + losses), then I believe you edge me out by a fraction of a percent.  

1 minute ago, Mookz said:

Hmm, actually I think we're going to tie, as far as "games back" goes.  🤔

I'll have one more loss than you, and one more win than you.  If Yahoo calculates winning percentage as wins/(wins + losses), then I believe you edge me out by a fraction of a percent.  

Every time we’ve been tied, they list you ahead. I’ll just assume I’m out. 

4 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Every time we’ve been tied, they list you ahead. I’ll just assume I’m out. 

Not sure how they could do that.  I mean, a 2-1 record is clearly better than 3-2, percentage-wise.  They would have to be using some other type of tie-breaker.  But we shall see.  😏 

I was checking their math by testing the current winning percentages around the league, and it looks like they take ties into account.  If you take half of the ties and add them to wins (i.e. a tie is like half a win), then divide by the sum of wins, losses and ties, you come out to their percentages.  

In which case we do seem to end up with the exact same winning percentage.  😳

And guess what, we played head to head once, in week 11...and tied.  🤣

🤔

WW was 7-7-4 last week, Mookz was 6-7-5.  That is why WW advances.  H2H wouldn't have mattered.

------------

Head-to-Head regular season tiebreakers in Yahoo Fantasy
  • Tiebreakers for the regular season standings are determined through wild cards and division championships. This is not a setting that can be customized and is the same across all Public and Private Leagues. This information can help in determining how you can win a spot in your Yahoo Fantasy League playoffs!
  • Winning percentage calculation based on your W-L-T record

This calculation is used to determine standings and is used for tiebreakers.

• Calculation used: (Wins + [Ties * 0.5]) / Total Games Played = Winning Percentage
    • Example: If the W-L-T record is 22-15-3, the calculation is (22 + [3 * 0.5]) / 40 = 0.588

Regular season tiebreakers - Wild Card

In Fantasy Baseball and Basketball:

• Total points scored (only with Head-to-Head Points).
    • Highest winning percentage from the last game week. If there's still a tie, the process continues for each previous week until the tie is broken.

20 minutes ago, posty said:
WW was 7-7-4 last week, Mookz was 6-7-5.  That is why WW advances.  H2H wouldn't have mattered.

------------

Head-to-Head regular season tiebreakers in Yahoo Fantasy
  • Tiebreakers for the regular season standings are determined through wild cards and division championships. This is not a setting that can be customized and is the same across all Public and Private Leagues. This information can help in determining how you can win a spot in your Yahoo Fantasy League playoffs!
  • Winning percentage calculation based on your W-L-T record

This calculation is used to determine standings and is used for tiebreakers.

• Calculation used: (Wins + [Ties * 0.5]) / Total Games Played = Winning Percentage
    • Example: If the W-L-T record is 22-15-3, the calculation is (22 + [3 * 0.5]) / 40 = 0.588

Regular season tiebreakers - Wild Card

In Fantasy Baseball and Basketball:

• Total points scored (only with Head-to-Head Points).
    • Highest winning percentage from the last game week. If there's still a tie, the process continues for each previous week until the tie is broken.

Well then.  :angry:

Os are sucking wind and have two days off this week and would have gotten clubbed anyway.  <_<

Go get 'em WW.  :cheers:

42 minutes ago, Mookz said:

A while ago it used to be the team that had the better ERA in the last week and if that was tied, it kept going and going...

58 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Os are sucking wind and have two days off this week and would have gotten clubbed anyway.  <_<

Go get 'em WW.  :cheers:

thanks man. I dont feel like i deserved it since there was really no good reason for me to have started Patino (meaning I dont think I could have gained anything if he pithed well) but his disaster cost me 2 categories... so there wouldnt have even needed to be a tie breaker. I blame NFL sunday and having too many total leagues, pools, bets going on. 

Starting things off with a couple of upsets in the wild card round.  😏

that was quite the Jays clobbering :o

I think the Sox gave up.  bbascom I think reached out on Thursday and said, "well, nice win...Lol"
Can't imagine I get that kind of pitching production again.  Got an off day, 2 games at Philly and a 4 game set at TB.  No way I get that kind of pitching production again.

Looks like the cream has risen and we're getting the 1 vs. 2 matchup that everyone has been buzzing about.  :shocking:

• Haha 1

I got thumped. My pitching vanished. 

Gratz Burt!!  Braves played one more game than the Mets, swept the Mets, and just never looked back.  Well done.  :first:

• Like 1

Thanks!

I dont understand what you mean by playing one more game, though.  They were both 101-61 on the season. 🤔

50 minutes ago, Burt said:

Thanks!

I dont understand what you mean by playing one more game, though.  They were both 101-61 on the season. 🤔

Oh whoops I meant in championship week (and a half).  

Congrats Burt.  Right down to the wire on this season.
MLB playoffs I'm looking forward to more than most.  So many story lines this year it seems.