Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

JuJu Smith Schuster headed to KC

I was hoping for Landry, but I'll take some Moho-Juju instead.  Same scheme, Juju and Kelce underneath, Hill and Hardman over the top.

Money.

I thought Landry would have been money, Juju is still better then they had before picking him up.  

Sounds like the better player Landry might sign with Browns again.  

Don't forget, he put up over 1400 yards in 2018 with a good QB. Now he has Mahomes, another big arm, I expect this duo to do pretty well.

He has two TDs of over 90 yards in his career, he can go underneath. He at the very least is gonna be a key role player in their receiving corps. Don't be surprised if he has a bigger year than that either

It wouldn’t surprise me based on his Qb. 

Boy they got him for nothing. I hope the Pats had a look. I’m not a huge fan but at those numbers you take a shot

Guess he's the defacto #1 WR for the Chiefs since they traded Hill to Miami. Don't think Ju-Ju is really a #1 receiver. He did better as the #2 guy in Pittsburgh. He may get his shot though to see if he can be their #1 guy. The Chiefs also signed Marques Valdez-Scantling, but he's.not a number one guy either. Maybe Mahomies can make them jnto world beaters,lol. They'll probably go after one of the better rooki receivers although they better address their defense I'd think.

On 3/24/2022 at 6:49 PM, DocNiner said:

Guess he's the defacto #1 WR for the Chiefs since they traded Hill to Miami. Don't think Ju-Ju is really a #1 receiver. He did better as the #2 guy in Pittsburgh. He may get his shot though to see if he can be their #1 guy. The Chiefs also signed Marques Valdez-Scantling, but he's.not a number one guy either. Maybe Mahomies can make them jnto world beaters,lol. They'll probably go after one of the better rooki receivers although they better address their defense I'd think.

at least hes been a number one WR before in his career.

hes a big bodied WR who can play wide or in the slot.    Honestly hes more ideally suited as a very good #2 WR but he can manage this for a year if they need him to.

He didn’t when the Steelers needed him to.  

14 hours ago, weepaws said:

He didn’t when the Steelers needed him to.  

you mean the 111 catches for 1426 yards in 2018 wasnt good enough for you?

On 3/24/2022 at 7:49 PM, DocNiner said:

They have been addressing defense as well with some one year kind of prove it deals

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

Wasn’t AB on the Steelers then?

Yes. Yes he was

16 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Wasn’t AB on the Steelers then?

Yes. Yes he was

yes it turns out he was.  and he got less targets over the course of the year than JuJu.

next spring Brown got all pissy and forced a trade.    coincidence?  I think not.

that said, He was more of a 1A that year.

next year Brown moved on and Rothlisberger got hurt and the whole team was supbar.

then Juju lost his spot as top dog in the offense.

9 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

yes it turns out he was.  and he got less targets over the course of the year than JuJu.

next spring Brown got all pissy and forced a trade.    coincidence?  I think not.

that said, He was more of a 1A that year.

next year Brown moved on and Rothlisberger got hurt and the whole team was supbar.

So Juju is good as long as there’s someone better to take the heat off him.

Though last year I’m not even sure he was that.

53 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

Exactly he’s not good enough to be top dog so he lost his spot to a smallish slot receiver. That being said someone has to catch the ball in KC besides Kelce and I wouldn’t touch CVS in fantasy…

13 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Exactly he’s not good enough to be top dog so he lost his spot to a smallish slot receiver. That being said someone has to catch the ball in KC besides Kelce and I wouldn’t touch CVS in fantasy…

i think it depends on how the situation plays out.

I think he puts up draftable numbers.... at least if hes truly the #1 in this offense.

though I think one would be foolish to think hes a guy who you draft in the first 2-3 rounds.

its tough to predict as there are still a lot of moving parts here.   Like I said earlier, hes probably an ideal #2 WR.  Especially with a guy like Tyreek Hill as a #1.  but that situation isnt there anymore.   without Hill, I think this offense becomes more of a ball control offense.   That could play well to Juju's strengths. 

but lets see how it shakes out.  I suspect the Chiefs may have one or two more cards to play and then the draft.....

Don't the Chiefs still have a speedy WR by the name of Joe Gordon or something like that, used to run a 4.3 or so?  Seems like he used to be pretty good one year or something...

Josh Gordon perhaps?

that guy can only run if you promise him drugs after the game.

5 hours ago, Ray_T said:

Wasn’t he the number two wr in 2018 Ray?  

Opps yes he was, since that HOF 2018 season, 2019-2021 without that A Brown guy who doesn’t seem to matter.  

He had 159 rec/ 1512 yards/ 12 tds.  

So starting in 2019 yes he proved to  be not worthy of a countable  wr1.  

Welcome. 

4 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

They have been addressing defense as well with some one year kind of prove it deals

They won’t win another Super Bowl with Mahomes as their Qb.  Book it. 

Losing T Hill hurts a player like Juju who is a true wr2.  

KC will draft a wr or two, they have too. 

4 hours ago, weepaws said:

We've heard you many times say this.   I disagree.   Book it. 

16 hours ago, weepaws said:

I wouldnt say ever.

but Id suggest that it will be a couple years minimum until this team will be able to compete again.

two things need to happen before they can win again. 

1) the cap needs to go up to a point where not all the salary goes to Mahomes.

2)  they need to develop a new #1 WR through the draft and fill one or two other holes left due to salary cap jail.

if that happens they may be able to win again.