Sign in to follow this  
makindollaz

Green Bay WR’s…

who will they be?

In a keeper league I’m in where we keep 10, Amari Rodgers is out on the wire.  Worth a potential pick up?  Not a huge fan of Lazard.  Cobb is past his prime.  With Adams & MVS gone, Aaron has to throw to someone.

Of the three Rodgers has the best potential, the other aren’t much at all.  

But I think their true wr1 might not be on their roster yet.  

59 minutes ago, makindollaz said:

who will they be?

In a keeper league I’m in where we keep 10, Amari Rodgers is out on the wire.  Worth a potential pick up?  Not a huge fan of Lazard.  Cobb is past his prime.  With Adams & MVS gone, Aaron has to throw to someone.

I’ll tell you on April 29th.

I suspect the #1 WR in Green Bay may not be on the roster yet.

I could, of course, be wrong.    just a feeling I've got.

I've heard for years about how Rodgers had nobody to throw to, yet Davante Adams is said by many to be the best WR in the game.

MVS, he didn't have any trouble finding a good team as a FA.

MSV has great timing, he found a team that let a stud go, and now those KC fans are trying to convince themselves he’s going to just has impressive. 🥳

12 hours ago, Showboat said:

A lot more Dillon and Jones on the field at the same time?

Packers Rbs.  Did I win? 

13 hours ago, weepaws said:

Packers Rbs.  Did I win? 

do you own both?

its certainly possible you have won.   If the team throws less, they are likely running more.

and with two talented backs, I'd be starting both in the backfield on most downs.  Jones is a good enough pass catcher that he could play on all pass downs as a receiver (even if lined up as a RB)

I dont know how good a pass blocker Dillon is.  but if hes a good pass blocker, he could see play on third downs too.   Hes a larger back.... I'd think he can probably block.   though I've not watched this side of his game before so I cannot say for sure.

I think Jones is going to be a really good pickup in ppr.  

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

I think Jones is going to be a really good pickup in ppr.  

he was pretty good before this.   got hurt a bit last year and lost some touches to Dillon.  he Should still be rostered but people sometimes make panic moves and this could be a situation where someone dumped him because they didnt like Dillons presence.

but if you had weak RB's I think hes definitely a guy to target.  if you can get him at a reasonable price

With out Adams I would look for his ppr and 1/2 ppr numbers to go up.  

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

With out Adams I would look for his ppr and 1/2 ppr numbers to go up.  

for sure.

they will run more.  they will also likely target him a bit more often in the pass game too.

there is a lot to like here.

On 3/25/2022 at 11:49 PM, Ray_T said:

I suspect the #1 WR in Green Bay may not be on the roster yet.

I could, of course, be wrong.    just a feeling I've got.

Antonio Brown!

https://nypost.com/2022/03/28/antonio-brown-threatens-to-expose-model-after-bed-photo/

somehow I think not.

AB is busy extorting people apparently.  anyone who was thinking about signing him just got a nice warning to stay away.

• Thanks 1

On 3/27/2022 at 10:53 AM, Showboat said:

A lot more Dillon and Jones on the field at the same time?

22 hours ago, weepaws said:

Packers Rbs.  Did I win? 

Password. 

21 hours ago, Ray_T said:

https://nypost.com/2022/03/28/antonio-brown-threatens-to-expose-model-after-bed-photo/

somehow I think not.

AB is busy extorting people apparently.  anyone who was thinking about signing him just got a nice warning to stay away.

I think that ship sailed a while ago.

It's been widely known he's a lunatic for a few years now.

However, he's still an excellent WR. We have a top contender, with a top notch QB, looking for a big time WR.

Much crazier things have happened.

13 hours ago, polecatt said:

I think that ship sailed a while ago.

It's been widely known he's a lunatic for a few years now.

However, he's still an excellent WR. We have a top contender, with a top notch QB, looking for a big time WR.

Much crazier things have happened.

you are correct.

Stranger things HAVE happened.

Walking off like AB did , I think he’s done.  

7 hours ago, weepaws said:

Walking off like AB did , I think he’s done.  

This should be true.   but there is always some idiot out there who will give him another shot.

why?  because he performs.

Really thats what its all about.   I'd say roughly half the teams would not even consider him, but the rest......  hard to say.  I"m sure there are at least 1 or 2 teams who would consider it if they felt it would make a significant difference in how the team plays.

I personally would never bring a guy like that onto any team I am managing, but there are some out there who dont care about what he did or didnt do.

That said, his age is now at a point where him performing is not a given anymore.  I think hes 34 or 35 this year. (or close to that age)

once you get beyond about 31 or 32 its no longer a lock for a WR.    and it seems a bit random who goes into decline and who doesnt.

The packers have gone 7-0 in games that Davante Adams has missed since 2019. I am not saying they are better off without him. I am just saying that they still have Aaron Rogers on the team. They will be adding wide receivers thru the draft, as free agents, and possibly thru a trade. Could end up being a more balanced team. I would not panic yet packer fans.

1 hour ago, Emerson's Boozers said:

The packers have gone 7-0 in games that Davante Adams has missed since 2019. I am not saying they are better off without him. I am just saying that they still have Aaron Rogers on the team. They will be adding wide receivers thru the draft, as free agents, and possibly thru a trade. Could end up being a more balanced team. I would not panic yet packer fans.

I am not so much worried about the Packers.

one of the reasons a QB like Aaron Rodgers is so prized is that he is a QB who can quickly figure out the skillset of a WR and how to use it to exploit weaknesses in a defense. 

the pack will sign or draft a couple guys (or both) and Rodgers will be fine.

he is one of the few QBs that can make a mediocre WR look good, a good receiver look great and a great receiver look spectacular.

now, you dont lose a Devante Adams without some sort of hit to the stat sheet, but I'm still certain Rodgers numbers will be good.

Oh boy, Watkins could be a Packer, good luck.  

30 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Oh boy, Watkins could be a Packer, good luck.  

Really?   of all the free agent receivers, this is the guy they are leaning towards?

I am pretty sure they can do better than this.

Landry is wr I thought they would look at.  If they do indeed sign up Watkins, that’s just another sign of the Packers picking wr in the draft.  

4 hours ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Packers need Landry & to draft a WR,  maybe sign Watkins as depth but that is inconsequential

I'd agree with this.

that said, you want a veteran who will be a good influence on any good young WR's who get drafted.

is Landry that guy?

I dont know that Watson is.   feels like he has a bit of Diva in him.   that may have changed now that he realizes hes not a top WR.   but I honestly dont know enough about the guy to say for sure one way or another.   but if hes brought in as support (WR3/4) I guess thats ok.

3 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I'd agree with this.

that said, you want a veteran who will be a good influence on any good young WR's who get drafted.

is Landry that guy?

I dont know that Watson is.   feels like he has a bit of Diva in him.   that may have changed now that he realizes hes not a top WR.   but I honestly dont know enough about the guy to say for sure one way or another.   but if hes brought in as support (WR3/4) I guess thats ok.

You might not know who he is.

8 hours ago, Ray_T said:

Really?   of all the free agent receivers, this is the guy they are leaning towards?

I am pretty sure they can do better than this.

But you do know they can do better.  

What about Will Fuller in Green Bay? He'd be a relatively cheap signing with some upside. 

Agree about Fuller. 

Bump.

Watson has undisclosed procedure, miss rest of training camp. 

But at least Aaron looks good in a wifebeater.

2 minutes ago, BuschWack said:

Bump.

Watson has undisclosed procedure, miss rest of training camp. 

But at least Aaron looks good in a wifebeater.

I don't think the team has said he's going to miss the rest of camp...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

I don't think the team has said he's going to miss the rest of camp...

Thank you.  My bad.  The article I saw just said he was going to miss a part of training camp.

On 3/25/2022 at 6:58 PM, jrokh said:

I’ll tell you on April 29th.

I think you meant August 29th.  I don't think the Packers even know who their WR's are going to be at this point.  LOL

• Like 1

Target Doubs in your Dynasty drafts.  He was a steal in the 4th round this year and is already showing off at training camp.  Hard worker, not a diva.  He has all thr measurables of a future number 1 WR.  

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

Target Doubs in your Dynasty drafts.  He was a steal in the 4th round this year and is already showing off at training camp.  Hard worker, not a diva.  He has all thr measurables of a future number 1 WR.  

The buzz on him is the same I heard about Tyler Johnson.  In a re-draft, I might target him in the last 5 rounds.  If he's gone before then, I won't be upset.  In a keeper league, I'll look for him to be my "stash and hope" guy.  Dynasty, I'm thinking 3rd round... but with the hype, he's probably going to go in the 2nd.

8 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The buzz on him is the same I heard about Tyler Johnson.  In a re-draft, I might target him in the last 5 rounds.  If he's gone before then, I won't be upset.  In a keeper league, I'll look for him to be my "stash and hope" guy.  Dynasty, I'm thinking 3rd round... but with the hype, he's probably going to go in the 2nd.

Yeah he is probably going to end up with too much buzz.  But with Watson being drafted ahead of him people may pass a bit just because he was a 4th round pick.  He has the speed, he is 6'2, good hands.  Great demeanor.  His weaknesses are very correctable.   Needs to get a little stronger and polish up his route running.  

I wouldn't be surprised if he sees more balls than Watson this year.  

At the end of the day Rodgers will have to spread it around this year.  Do no single WR may have great stats.  Lazard is underrated.  I think they will split Jones out a bunch and use AJ Dillon more as the primary RB.  

It is very possible that Sammy Watkins gets cut.  It will be interesting to see qho they keep.  

I have been waiting got Juwann Winfree to break out a bit and earn a roster spot.