Torn

2022 General Discussion

This is just a thread to discuss the draft, notify the league of availability or need of a proxy and just general chatter on anything league or non-league related.

1 hour ago, posty said:

torn and smackdown have the teams to beat…

After 19 years without a championship, I can only say that this curse is real.  😒

5 hours ago, Torn said:

After 19 years without a championship, I can only say that this curse is real.  😒

Posty is excellent at cursing you.  How many years now have you had "the team to beat?"

Just now, kysar_soze said:

Posty is excellent at cursing you.  How many years now have you had "the team to beat?"

19 apparently... LOL

1 minute ago, Torn said:

19 apparently... LOL

just because you haven't won when he curses you, doesn't mean that when you don't win he has cursed you.  😉

6 minutes ago, kysar_soze said:

just because you haven't won when he curses you, doesn't mean that when you don't win he has cursed you.  😉

Woah now, clearly my superior drafting and management skills would have made me the 19 time defending champion if it wasn't for the curse. There can be NO other  logical explanation. 😜  Sheesh, the inference that I may actually $uck at this is appalling.

7 minutes ago, Torn said:

Woah now, clearly my superior drafting and management skills would have made me the 19 time defending champion if it wasn't for the curse. There can be NO other  logical explanation. 😜  Sheesh, the inference that I may actually $uck at this is appalling.

You read WAY too far into that.  I'm not sure that I've EVER been 'the team to beat'.  I was merely pointing out that you aren't ALWAYS the team to beat.

1 hour ago, kysar_soze said:

You read WAY too far into that.  I'm not sure that I've EVER been 'the team to beat'.  I was merely pointing out that you aren't ALWAYS the team to beat.

I knew what you meant, I was just being a wise a$$. That being said, feel free to be the team to beat this season. Maybe THAT will work out better for me - lol.

Sorry for delay - fell asleep early. Let me get caught up...

Well, that didn’t quite work out. I was wondering if TS would go double pitcher. Took a shot he wouldn’t go double Mets pitchers and it backfired. Should have gone DeGrom at 1.11

Heres hoping Justin Biebers shoulder doesn’t fall off. 

Good luck with Bieber Fever, I hear some penicillin should clear that right up.  His shoulder on the other hand is a bigger problem.  

Isotope left me a proxy which sadly isn’t available. He is unable to get to his phone so I expect a fairly lengthy delay here. 

28 minutes ago, TalentScout said:

Isotope left me a proxy which sadly isn’t available. He is unable to get to his phone so I expect a fairly lengthy delay here. 

Bummer, but not a major deal - we're moving at a solid pace.

Sorry for delaying the draft a bit, wasn't able to have my phone on me at work for the majority of the day.

Is anybody interested in joining limited keeper league? Roto auction style. New owner will have good keeper options and extra auction dollars this year. 

54 minutes ago, TalentScout said:

Is anybody interested in joining limited keeper league? Roto auction style. New owner will have good keeper options and extra auction dollars this year. 

Wish I had time to do it, but I've got too much going on right now.

For those of you who have had the wonderful experience of getting a colonoscopy, that's what I'm doing today. You can guess where I've been for most of last night and this morning. LOL

I'll be out of the loop and unreachable from about 12:45-4:00pm ET today. Sorry in advance for any delays. 

Hoping we get to 8.03 before I have to go. I will proxy if necessary.

I have a keeper in the 12th round so we could just switch picks in the two rounds.

TS - Gives 12.12 and 13.01

PSU - Gives 12.07 and 13.06

Pretty simple.

13 minutes ago, PSULions said:

I have a keeper in the 12th round so we could just switch picks in the two rounds.

TS - Gives 12.12 and 13.01

PSU - Gives 12.07 and 13.06

Pretty simple.

According to the draft sheet, TS doesn't own pick 12.12...  strombn does...

2 minutes ago, posty said:

According to the draft sheet, TS doesn't own pick 12.12...  strombn does...

Yep, just figured that out.   Didn't think about checking with the previous trades and thought my suggestion would be a quick and simple trade.  Oh well....  😕

9 hours ago, TalentScout said:

I may be interested.  PM me the rules. 

19 minutes ago, TalentScout said:

10.01 was definitely the best pick of the draft. 

😎

obviously, that is exactly what I was thinking as I posted it

getting a round of golf in at 11:30 est. i will check in here and there and have a few names in mind for my next picks but I may not be as quick to pick as normal. :thumbsup:

I’m getting a round in at 10 am PST and am in the same boat. Also I don’t think I pick for like 5 rounds so it shouldn’t be a problem. 

Well, we passed the half way point :cheers: in a little under 6 days. Considering there are a lot of keepers penciled in from here on out, I think we should be on good track to finish by the 5th or so. 

Yes, pace has been decent and I think we'll be fine. Would like to finish by the Fourth so we can roster FAs for opening day if (when) any last minute injuries come up.

On 3/28/2022 at 9:25 AM, WhiteWonder said:

Well, that didn’t quite work out. I was wondering if TS would go double pitcher. Took a shot he wouldn’t go double Mets pitchers and it backfired. Should have gone DeGrom at 1.11

Heres hoping Justin Biebers shoulder doesn’t fall off. 

2 hours ago, TalentScout said:

Last minute injuries like your 1st round pick having some weird obscure broken shoulder? 🤦‍♀️ 

I take it back. 😂 

You want DeGrom? He is really good, just look at his spring training stats. Please don’t google for any recent news reports.