Torn

2022 General Discussion

While not on the DeGrom level, looks like my Rookie of the Year hopeful just went down the crapper, too (Riley Greene). And so it begins...

Have a feeling those IL slots are going to be full this year. The shorter pre-season/training camps will likely result in more injuries than usual.

9 minutes ago, Torn said:

While not on the DeGrom level, looks like my Rookie of the Year hopeful just went down the crapper, too (Riley Greene). And so it begins...

Have a feeling those IL slots are going to be full this year. The shorter pre-season/training camps will likely result in more injuries than usual.

I concur 

Nice McGee pick

16 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Nice McGee pick

Surprised he hung around that long. Glad to pair him with my earlier Doval pick. Should be able to get most Save and Hold opps between the two depending on how their roles shake out, unless they both suck of course - lol

I will be away from this draft, ...for a different draft, ...for about 2 hours. Starts 1:00 p.m. Mountain Time, 2:00 CDT, 3:00 EDT

2 minutes ago, Ghost96 said:

I will be away from this draft, ...for a different draft, ...for about 2 hours. Starts 1:00 p.m. Mountain Time, 2:00 CDT, 3:00 EDT

Good luck !

I also have a draft for my other league at 6pm ET tonight and will be out of the loop for 2-2.5 hours..

Damn stombn 😑

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

Damn stombn 😑

pretty sure this comment was only topped in terms of the most frequently said phrase by "You're Up".

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

Damn stombn 😑

😮.

I’m glad TB. waited until after I made the pick to announce the Meadows deal

15 minutes ago, strombn said:

😮.

I’m glad TB. waited until after I made the pick to announce the Meadows deal

Had him targeted for a few rounds and kept trying to put it off for value. Should have clearly picked him with one of my previous turn picks and not even because of the meadows news 

@Torn:  When I was in charge, I always made the trade deadline the last date possible...  I don't know if you guys leave the default or not, but I liked moving it back, just in case...

Always did this step after starting the league and setting the waiver order...

:)

10 minutes ago, posty said:

@Torn:  When I was in charge, I always made the trade deadline the last date possible...  I don't know if you guys leave the default or not, but I liked moving it back, just in case...

Always did this step after starting the league and setting the waiver order...

:)

Good call...

Forgot about both of these items. They are all set ...

• Like 1

- I also forgot to reset the IL to 5 and remove the NA slot. Now that I've started the season, I can't adjust them so they will be there all season.

Do NOT use the NA slot for any reason!!!  I will send any player in the NA slot to the WW. No stashing prospects except in a Bench spot !! This is coming from a guy who already drafted 3 players who fall into the NA category on his team. 

I'm just going to roll with the 6 IL slots though. I don't want to police that all season and we'll likely need them anyway.

Boy, I know how to pick some awesome OFs!  Kike  Hernandez 0-17 w/ 5 Ks to start the season as the lead off guy and Adam Duvall 3-18 w/ 6 Ks to start the season for a total 0.086 batting average!

Don’t let the door hit you on the a$$ on the way out of the Sticks ‘N Stones Clubhouse!

Congrats Heefees. 

thought I might have a chance for an epic comeback today with a bunch of close categories but all I did was put in a pitcher who cost me 2 categories 😂

well done. 

Mike, ...if it makes you feel any better, ....TWO things:

• This was the Mike vs. Mike Championship--YEAH! Mikes RULE! :banana:
  • I could see the numerous close categories, ...and about 40 minutes into the Wednesday, I was shaking in my boots, ...my seemingly big lead was reduced to almost nothing. I thought: "Here we go, ...after taking the lead for a few days, ...AM I GOING TO FREAKIN' BLOW THIS ONE?"

I'm glad to be back there at the top spot. Here in this league, doing so more than once is NO EASY TASK. Thanks everybody, ...for the GREAT league! I will be back here every year, ...as long as I'm still twitching. 🙂

Congrats (again)...  Thought I had a real chance this season and sold my best prospect to get Wheeler who promptly got injured. Sigh.

NEVER trade for bats for pitching. I tell it to myself over and over, but don't ever listen. It burns me every time.

Oh well, congrats Ghost.

I'll PayPal the winnings to you guys in a bit. 

On 10/10/2022 at 8:11 PM, Torn said:

I'll PayPal the winnings to you guys in a bit. 

received mine... Thanks