peenie

What video games are you or your kids playing nowadays?

I was watching a video of a guy playing Fortnite as Gingerbread man. I realized that I'm really out of the loop of what's new in the video game world. So what are you playing right now or what is the cool game your kids are playing? The only thing I'm aware of is Halo Infinite. 

Elden ring is the current popular game amongst gamers. I will probably play it some day, but I am waiting to see if they improve the multiplayer experience.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2022/02/elden-ring-review-come-see-the-softer-side-of-punishing-difficulty/

I am currently playing fortnite with my kids, nephews, friends and I am playing Valheim with my brother and his wife.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/02/valheim-is-the-endless-viking-survival-game-we-have-craved-for-years/

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Elden ring is the current popular game amongst gamers. I will probably play it some day, but I am waiting to see if they improve the multiplayer experience.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2022/02/elden-ring-review-come-see-the-softer-side-of-punishing-difficulty/

I am currently playing fortnite with my kids, nephews, friends and I am playing Valheim with my brother and his wife.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/02/valheim-is-the-endless-viking-survival-game-we-have-craved-for-years/

This may be the first time someone has answered my question straightforward with no mean jokes. Thanks! :wub:

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I haven't played any video games in months.  My son plays a lot of Fortnite with his friends.

Same here, except I haven’t played video games in years.

My brother just got me an Oculus 2 for my birthday, so I've been playing Demeo, and a Star Wars game with lightsaber.  The light saber game caused damage to the lights that hang above the dining room. Tried a racing game and a roller coaster game and motion sick pretty quick, probably try again, but with the motion sickness sensitivity maxed out. 

On the Xbox, it's Call of Duty, Project Cars, Assassins Vahalla and Nascar racing.  

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I'm currently playing Elden Ring.  JFC have I died A LOT but it's a great game. I texted my son about it and he's playing it as well.  Enemy character design is amazing.

I don't care about multiplayer so I can't comment on any shortcomings you mentioned. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, peenie said:

I was watching a video of a guy playing Fortnite as Gingerbread man. I realized that I'm really out of the loop of what's new in the video game world. So what are you playing right now or what is the cool game your kids are playing? The only thing I'm aware of is Halo Infinite. 

This is a scene from my last adventure. Leroy focked things up. Again. :mad:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

GTA5 online (xbox)

its actually pretty fun

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DonS said:

I'm currently playing Elden Ring.  JFC have I died A LOT but it's a great game. I texted my son about it and he's playing it as well.  Enemy character design is amazing.

I don't care about multiplayer so I can't comment on any shortcomings you mentioned. 

Literally JUST bought this game Sunday. Spent 10 minutes on it before getting out in the yard to do some work. Then got food poisoning that night and been outta commission til today. I’ve got to the very beginning where you’re walking and that dude on the horse is patrolling. 

Just finished Ghost of Tsushima expansion, now need to finish Valhalla latest expansion….been playing alot of NHL hockey lately for some reason with EA play. 

Looking at Elden Ring but heard its hard and you have to stay with it (like cant leave the game for weeks) ?

waiting for more on Ragnarok to come out hopefully this year

Grand Theft Auto

I am assuming it is really realistic...  They need to have one in Chicago where you kill each other a lot as well...

3 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

This is a scene from my last adventure. Leroy focked things up. Again. :mad:

❤️

Not a gamer.

only play fifa.  Maybe a few games, once a month

Madden 20 that I bought couple years back. I actually never play it, I just manage my Dolphins team (trades, free agents, and draft) and watch the playoff games. 

When I'm not doing that, I still play the old Battlefield 1. Best FPS game of all time.

And occasionally still play Crusader Kings III.

54 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Bloodborne.   Hard as fock for an occasional gamer like me.    Die constantly

Man I returned that game after 3 days cause I couldn’t get pass the first boss. Fock that game 

3 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Man I returned that game after 3 days cause I couldn’t get pass the first boss. Fock that game 

Speaking of which... How did you fare with that first dude on horseback in Elden Ring?  😂

2 minutes ago, DonS said:

Speaking of which... How did you fare with that first dude on horseback in Elden Ring?  😂

Bro I haven’t gotten pass that yet :lol: though I have been sick the past few days so I haven’t been able to pick it back up. Spent like 30 minutes on the game Saturday and haven’t played it since. I don’t even know what to do in the game right now cause I’m playing as a mage and my spells didn’t do Jack Sh1t to him 😅

44 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Bro I haven’t gotten pass that yet :lol: though I have been sick the past few days so I haven’t been able to pick it back up. Spent like 30 minutes on the game Saturday and haven’t played it since. I don’t even know what to do in the game right now cause I’m playing as a mage and my spells didn’t do Jack Sh1t to him 😅

The solution is to realize you don't have to fight him right now.  Come back and smack his ass later once you've leveled up.  I only had to die a couple dozen times before I decided "hey, let me wander over there and check sh1t out since this ain't working!"

6 minutes ago, DonS said:

The solution is to realize you don't have to fight him right now.  Come back and smack his ass later once you've leveled up.  I only had to die a couple dozen times before I decided "hey, let me wander over there and check sh1t out since this ain't working!"

Yea that’s what I was planning on doing when I hopped back on. I just haven’t yet lol. But hey, if you’re up for it, once I get back on it and start leveling up some more I’m down to play with you online 

Gotta love finally making it through a tough section, thinking you can safely explore a bit, and then BOOM you get immediately destroyed out of nowhere.  :mad:

• Haha 1

Im still playing cod cold war.

My son plays Madden and Forza, but just bought the new Star wars Lego and has been all into it

4 hours ago, DonS said:

Gotta love finally making it through a tough section, thinking you can safely explore a bit, and then BOOM you get immediately destroyed out of nowhere.  :mad:

That is a tough game you are playing.

I'm playing Elden Ring as well, it's incredibly difficult. I don't have much time to play, it will probably take me several months to finish.

I’m still rolling through Valhalla. I think I just went over the 200 hour mark the other night trying to finish this last expansion pack

3 minutes ago, Reality said:

I'm playing Elden Ring as well, it's incredibly difficult. I don't have much time to play, it will probably take me several months to finish.

Took the weekend since I didn’t have any school work to play. Haven’t even gotten to the first boss yet cause I was leveling up and getting extra Sh1t. Think I’m lvl 79(?) right now. But I’m playing an astrologer mage. Wanted to get the extra stuff before I set out on the main storyline. Eventually I’ll turn on multiplayer 

Joe Mamma 2. 

Joe Mamma was so good they made a sequel

Been playing Grand Theft Biden.  You can play as Hunter, Joe or Jill.  Loot foreign nations, blame it on political enemies, start wars, mumble thru pressers, get elected and get paid.

• Haha 1

On 3/30/2022 at 8:23 AM, [echo] said:

GTA5 online (xbox)

its actually pretty fun

I play too, but not online

I don't even play story mode, I go rogue / freestyle and make up my own games 

Holy God I’m going to have to tap out of Elden ring. I don’t know where I’m going, there appears to be no clear objective to anything I’m doing. I’m just running around and getting killed by almost everything that finally sees me. 

I don’t know how to level up or if I even am leveling up, no idea which weapon I should use. It’s ridiculous.

it’s gotten a lot of hype and I’m sure people find it fun but I’m not seeing where graphically it’s anything special. Looks like a game made difficult just for the sake of saying it’s difficult. Which I don’t mind but I’d like a little bit of guidance as to what the hell I’m supposed to be doing

7 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Holy God I’m going to have to tap out of Elden ring. I don’t know where I’m going, there appears to be no clear objective to anything I’m doing. I’m just running around and getting killed by almost everything that finally sees me. 

I don’t know how to level up or if I even am leveling up, no idea which weapon I should use. It’s ridiculous.

it’s gotten a lot of hype and I’m sure people find it fun but I’m not seeing where graphically it’s anything special. Looks like a game made difficult just for the sake of saying it’s difficult. Which I don’t mind but I’d like a little bit of guidance as to what the hell I’m supposed to be doing

The rest areas point you in a direction, you aren't far off though, it's difficult for the sake of being difficult. I'm on hold while it's nice out, it's a game for shitty weather.

35 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

For leveling up you need to spend the runes which you acquire by killing stuff or by selling things.  When resting at a Site of Grace simply select "Level Up" from the menu.  It will indicate how many runes are required and how many you currently have. 

Definitely a c0ck wh0re on the difficulty meter but I love the exploration aspect vs clear cut "go here" for next task.   Makes finding a new area feel like an accomplishment. 

You can also use ign walkthroughs to set you on the right path. Sometimes it's better than giving up on the game. 

Maybe even start over and use some of the walkthrough to get you in the right head space.

3 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

You can also use ign walkthroughs to set you on the right path. Sometimes it's better than giving up on the game. 

Maybe even start over and use some of the walkthrough to get you in the right head space.

This is a good point, I couldn't imagine playing this game beginning to end without a little online help. Don't spoil everything but, a nudge in the right direction is a must. Especially for 40 year old farts like us.