Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
wolves111

Tyreek Hill and K.C.'s Offense 2021

Recommended Posts

So last season I drafted Hill in several leagues with my 1st pick. In fact, in a small $25 league I took him with thee #1 pick just for giggles. Michael Irvin, ESPN resident criminal, proclaimed him the most electrifying player in the NFL. Several FF sites had him ranked as the best WR in the league. So why did he disappear from game-to-game last year and watch Pringle and Hardman get his targets? Was it double coverage? Scheme? 

Here's my theory. K.C. knew he would ask for the contract he eventually got from Miami and had no intention of giving it to him. In an attempt to devalue his worth, they reduced his participation in the offense. When you're paying $500 million to the QB, the T/E big money, and significant coin to a couple of D-linemen, there just isn't enough left to pay a WR $25 million a year. Hence the trade.

So, if I'm correct then this year I'll be trying to identify the players wanting to get paid, on teams that can't afford to pay them or won't pay them, and consequently move them down the draft board. Players that come to mind include Nick Chubb, Josh Jacobs, D K Metcalf, and David Montgomery to name a few.

Does this make any sense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn’t he have some injury issue late in the season? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, wolves111 said:

Does this make any sense?

No.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

No.

I do like consistency. Glad to see you're still a d i c k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

No.

 

19 minutes ago, wolves111 said:

I do like consistency. Glad to see you're still a d i c k

You asked a question, and he gave you an answer, why would you give such a rude response? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wolves111 said:

So last season I drafted Hill in several leagues with my 1st pick. In fact, in a small $25 league I took him with thee #1 pick just for giggles. Michael Irvin, ESPN resident criminal, proclaimed him the most electrifying player in the NFL. Several FF sites had him ranked as the best WR in the league. So why did he disappear from game-to-game last year and watch Pringle and Hardman get his targets? Was it double coverage? Scheme? 

Here's my theory. K.C. knew he would ask for the contract he eventually got from Miami and had no intention of giving it to him. In an attempt to devalue his worth, they reduced his participation in the offense. When you're paying $500 million to the QB, the T/E big money, and significant coin to a couple of D-linemen, there just isn't enough left to pay a WR $25 million a year. Hence the trade.

So, if I'm correct then this year I'll be trying to identify the players wanting to get paid, on teams that can't afford to pay them or won't pay them, and consequently move them down the draft board. Players that come to mind include Nick Chubb, Josh Jacobs, D K Metcalf, and David Montgomery to name a few.

Does this make any sense?

I see what you're saying, but I would draw the exact opposite conclusion you did.  If a team knows that they're not going to bring a player back, there's no reason to not run him into the ground.  Maximize his production and make worth a boatload to some other team.  Force them to overpay him.  Also, it increases the return value in trade.  There's no losing for the team here.  Either a competitor over spends and limits their roster flexibility or in a trade, the player's value is worth more than in prior years.  To note, Hill wasn't a free agent, he still had 1 year left on his deal, he wasn't a free agent which means your comparison doesn't fit with Jacobs (if they don't pick up his 5th year option), Metcalf, or Montgomery.  Chubb would be the only one to be an equal comparison.  Whether a player is entering his contract year or the prior year. it's still better to maximize his time because the bigger the contract he gets from his next team, the higher the value of the compensatory pick you'll receive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wolves111 said:

So last season I drafted Hill in several leagues with my 1st pick. In fact, in a small $25 league I took him with thee #1 pick just for giggles. Michael Irvin, ESPN resident criminal, proclaimed him the most electrifying player in the NFL. Several FF sites had him ranked as the best WR in the league. So why did he disappear from game-to-game last year and watch Pringle and Hardman get his targets? Was it double coverage? Scheme? 

Here's my theory. K.C. knew he would ask for the contract he eventually got from Miami and had no intention of giving it to him. In an attempt to devalue his worth, they reduced his participation in the offense. When you're paying $500 million to the QB, the T/E big money, and significant coin to a couple of D-linemen, there just isn't enough left to pay a WR $25 million a year. Hence the trade.

So, if I'm correct then this year I'll be trying to identify the players wanting to get paid, on teams that can't afford to pay them or won't pay them, and consequently move them down the draft board. Players that come to mind include Nick Chubb, Josh Jacobs, D K Metcalf, and David Montgomery to name a few.

Does this make any sense?

I don't think the Chiefs, or any other Super Bowl contender would actively try to devalue one of their best players, while in pursuit of a 'ship. Always fun to kick around conspiracy theories, but rarely are they grounded in reality...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

If a team knows that they're not going to bring a player back, there's no reason to not run him into the ground. 

True.

what we dont know is if the chiefs knew this in advance.   maybe they thought they could sign him.

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

I don't think the Chiefs, or any other Super Bowl contender would actively try to devalue one of their best players, while in pursuit of a 'ship. Always fun to kick around conspiracy theories, but rarely are they grounded in reality...

probably also true.

at the end of the day, the team wants to win games, sell lots of tickets and go to the superbowl and win it.

I highly doubt these petty games rule the day.   its possible.   but in my opinion, highly unlikely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, weepaws said:

 

You asked a question, and he gave you an answer, why would you give such a rude response? 

Normally I'd tell you to mind your own business but just this once I'll humor you. We're five months away from FF season and it's already been a long offseason. I was trying to generate some discussion and interest, you know, to find common ground with some of the posters and build a repour. AxeElf or whatever he calls himself, in his typical ignorant and obnoxious manner, gives a curt and condescending reply to an attempt to generate a dialogue.

I observed him last season pontificating his delusional predictions (Mahommes would get 6000 yards and 50 tds), and then denying he said it based on semantics that he painstakingly researched to cover his big mouth. He spent four months insulting other posters because he had all the answers, and they were just stupid.

He's a punk hiding behind a keyboard.

Did I answer your question?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, wolves111 said:

Normally I'd tell you to mind your own business but just this once I'll humor you. We're five months away from FF season and it's already been a long offseason. I was trying to generate some discussion and interest, you know, to find common ground with some of the posters and build a repour. AxeElf or whatever he calls himself, in his typical ignorant and obnoxious manner, gives a curt and condescending reply to an attempt to generate a dialogue.

I observed him last season pontificating his delusional predictions (Mahommes would get 6000 yards and 50 tds), and then denying he said it based on semantics that he painstakingly researched to cover his big mouth. He spent four months insulting other posters because he had all the answers, and they were just stupid.

He's a punk hiding behind a keyboard.

Did I answer your question?

You don’t seem to understand that I really don’t care, the elf doesn’t bother me at all, and he shouldn’t bother you either. 

Time to pride down and let it go. 

Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, wolves111 said:

So last season I drafted Hill in several leagues with my 1st pick. In fact, in a small $25 league I took him with thee #1 pick just for giggles. Michael Irvin, ESPN resident criminal, proclaimed him the most electrifying player in the NFL. Several FF sites had him ranked as the best WR in the league. So why did he disappear from game-to-game last year and watch Pringle and Hardman get his targets? Was it double coverage? Scheme? 

Here's my theory. K.C. knew he would ask for the contract he eventually got from Miami and had no intention of giving it to him. In an attempt to devalue his worth, they reduced his participation in the offense. When you're paying $500 million to the QB, the T/E big money, and significant coin to a couple of D-linemen, there just isn't enough left to pay a WR $25 million a year. Hence the trade.

So, if I'm correct then this year I'll be trying to identify the players wanting to get paid, on teams that can't afford to pay them or won't pay them, and consequently move them down the draft board. Players that come to mind include Nick Chubb, Josh Jacobs, D K Metcalf, and David Montgomery to name a few.

Does this make any sense?

Without Wilson I would be moving Metcalf down even without your conspiracy theory. 

Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, weepaws said:

Without Wilson I would be moving Metcalf down even without your conspiracy theory. 

Thanks. 

Agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, I don't think Patrick Mahomes was out there on the field looking for an open receiver and then said, "Oh wait, we have to devalue Tyreek Hill, so I can't throw to him this play"

They want to win the Super Bowl, Tyreek Hill was a big part of their offense. WRs, especially ones that go deep a lot, are streaky to begin with. I don't think the team was trying to devalue him.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, polecatt said:

No, I don't think Patrick Mahomes was out there on the field looking for an open receiver and then said, "Oh wait, we have to devalue Tyreek Hill, so I can't throw to him this play"

They want to win the Super Bowl, Tyreek Hill was a big part of their offense. WRs, especially ones that go deep a lot, are streaky to begin with. I don't think the team was trying to devalue him.

and if they were trying to devalue, they didnt do a good job.  every team in the NFL would love him on their team if they could fit his salary under their cap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, polecatt said:

No, I don't think Patrick Mahomes was out there on the field looking for an open receiver and then said, "Oh wait, we have to devalue Tyreek Hill, so I can't throw to him this play"

They want to win the Super Bowl, Tyreek Hill was a big part of their offense. WRs, especially ones that go deep a lot, are streaky to begin with. I don't think the team was trying to devalue him.

 

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

and if they were trying to devalue, they didnt do a good job.  every team in the NFL would love him on their team if they could fit his salary under their cap.

Agreed, there is no real great evidence to prove that they where trying to devalue Hill.  It looked more like they where more interested in winning another super bowl.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2022 at 12:50 PM, wolves111 said:

So last season I drafted Hill in several leagues with my 1st pick. In fact, in a small $25 league I took him with thee #1 pick just for giggles. Michael Irvin, ESPN resident criminal, proclaimed him the most electrifying player in the NFL. Several FF sites had him ranked as the best WR in the league. So why did he disappear from game-to-game last year and watch Pringle and Hardman get his targets? Was it double coverage? Scheme? 

Here's my theory. K.C. knew he would ask for the contract he eventually got from Miami and had no intention of giving it to him. In an attempt to devalue his worth, they reduced his participation in the offense. When you're paying $500 million to the QB, the T/E big money, and significant coin to a couple of D-linemen, there just isn't enough left to pay a WR $25 million a year. Hence the trade.

So, if I'm correct then this year I'll be trying to identify the players wanting to get paid, on teams that can't afford to pay them or won't pay them, and consequently move them down the draft board. Players that come to mind include Nick Chubb, Josh Jacobs, D K Metcalf, and David Montgomery to name a few.

Does this make any sense?

 

In 2021 Tyreek Hill set career records in targets and catches.....  

Pringle & Hardman "taking his targets"....where do kids get this info today??  This is fftoday, not reddit....no karma for attention here.  

Defensive coverage dictates usage.... 2 high zone look the Buccs displayed so well in last year's super bowl was the opening blueprint for 2021 opponents.  As the record and stats showed, it took Mahomes & KC about 8 weeks to work through this before they went on their run.  Hill set records in targets and catches because of the KC adjustments...which also led Hill to average his lowest YPC number since his rookie year.  

In addition, by all accounts, Hill was going to resign with KC in that $22-23m/yr number PRIOR to Devante Adams trade.  Once Adams reset the WR market it was a foregone conclusion that KC would not be giving him a similar deal.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I proposed this theory in March and well, it wasn't exactly embraced. Tyreek Hill Appears To Call Out The Chiefs For Suppressing His Stats to Reduce His Value

You can read the story on Total sports or ALLPROSPORTSDAILY. Some of the comments directed at me were pretty insulting. Afterall no team would ever devalue a player, the election wasn't stolen, and inflation the Covid vaccine is completely safe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wolves111 said:

So, I proposed this theory in March and well, it wasn't exactly embraced. Tyreek Hill Appears To Call Out The Chiefs For Suppressing His Stats to Reduce His Value

You can read the story on Total sports or ALLPROSPORTSDAILY. Some of the comments directed at me were pretty insulting. Afterall no team would ever devalue a player, the election wasn't stolen, and inflation the Covid vaccine is completely safe.

 

On 4/5/2022 at 10:45 AM, kcBlitzkrieg said:

in 2021 Tyreek Hill set career records in targets and catches.....  

All I am saying is that if they were trying to suppress his stats, they did a horrible job.   especially considering he set career records in both targets and catches.

perhaps they should do this with all their WR?   They'd win the superbowl every year.

I'm kidding, but you get the point.    I'd argue this is just his ego talking.   you dont set a career record for targets and then claim your stats were suppressed.  its a horrible argument.  Sorry dude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

 

All I am saying is that if they were trying to suppress his stats, they did a horrible job.   especially considering he set career records in both targets and catches.

perhaps they should do this with all their WR?   They'd win the superbowl every year.

I'm kidding, but you get the point.    I'd argue this is just his ego talking.   you dont set a career record for targets and then claim your stats were suppressed.  its a horrible argument.  Sorry dude.

Money makes people do unthinkable things. Never underestimate the power of greed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, wolves111 said:

Money makes people do unthinkable things. Never underestimate the power of greed.

This is true.  at one point in my life I worked lending money to people and I've seen people do(or try to do) a hell of a lot of crazy things for money.

but with the optics of this, it truly looks like the team was trying to milk every last ounce out of him before unloading him.    I think they knew a year in advance they wouldnt be able to keep him.  so they played the hell out of him.

thus the career highs in almost every category.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wolves111 said:

Some of the comments directed at me were pretty insulting. Afterall no team would ever devalue a player, the election wasn't stolen, and inflation the Covid vaccine is completely safe.

Tyreek Hill wanted to sign an extension with the team he is now claiming suppressed his stats? How does that make sense? Why would he want to stay with the Chiefs if he really thought they did that. That's your only evidence to bump your thread and imply some on here owe you an apology? That is some weak arse sauce you are serving up...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even though the title of the article is "Tyreek Hill Appears To Call Out The Chiefs For Suppressing His Stats to Reduce His Value,"  the only one who said anything about suppressing his stats was the interviewer:

EDIT:  I have no idea why the forking quote feature is wonky, but figure it out.

Quote

In a teaser trailer for his upcoming podcast, Cheetah said he wanted to be in KC before the question was posed that the Chiefs were “suppressing his stats” and didn’t utilize his skills correctly.

“Once the season was over, we reached out to the Chiefs and we said, ‘hey, y’know, we wanna keep it going,’ Tyreek wanted to be there,” Rosenhaus said.

Hill then interjected: “Say that again! Tyreek wanted to be in KC. Wanted — wanted to be in KC, man.”

“We tried to do an extension with them,” Rosenhaus responded.

That's from the text; the video shows the interviewer asking if he thought the Chiefs suppressed his stats or weren't using his talents correctly after that conversation, and Hill kind of looking like the question caught him off guard--as if that wasn't what he was thinking at all--but it's hard to tell because that's where the video ends.

So it doesn't seem to be Tyreek saying his stats were suppressed, but just some conspiracy theorist posing the question to draw attention to themselves (you know, kind of like here), and drum up podcast listeners.

It sounds to me like Tyreek would have been perfectly content to stay in KC, had the money been there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Tyreek Hill wanted to sign an extension with the team he is now claiming suppressed his stats? How does that make sense? Why would he want to stay with the Chiefs if he really thought they did that. That's your only evidence to bump your thread and imply some on here owe you an apology? That is some weak arse sauce you are serving up...

Either that or point out the ignorant responses I received. You know, the ones grounded in reality. D-bag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He had 28 targets and scored 3 tds in the post season, I think he was a big part of their offense success. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

The premise of this thread is just nuts.

Tell that to Hill. You guys crack me up. Because the illegal government tells you lies you drive around in your car with a mask on. But when a player comes clean on what happened last year you refuse to acknowledge it. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We wear tinfoil hats around here not masks. Hill was robbed by Mahomes and KC holding him back 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why didn’t he come clean two months ago? I think I have the answer, he sees how bad it’s going to be without Mahomes.  I didn’t hear T Hill or his agent say anything about the team suppressing his stats. 

He had a record season for rec and targets, but his avg was way down, I just don’t see any evidence to support that claim. 

But I’m sure T Hill sees its totals going down hill going forward. 

OP I wouldn’t draft him in the first round imo.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Why didn’t he come clean two months ago? I think I have the answer, he sees how bad it’s going to be without Mahomes.  I didn’t hear T Hill or his agent say anything about the team suppressing his stats. 

He had a record season for rec and targets, but his avg was way down, I just don’t see any evidence to support that claim. 

But I’m sure T Hill sees its totals going down hill going forward. 

OP I wouldn’t draft him in the first round imo.  

No but he’ll be a steal in the 2nd round 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wolves111 said:

No but he’ll be a steal in the 2nd round 

Let me ask you, give me his ff point total 1/2 ppr? No feet to the fire just a question. 

See i don’t like him in the second round , I don’t think Tua can support him and Waddle. 

So right now T Hill won’t be on my team, lots of other second round players I like more then Hill.  

I would rather take Waddle later on, but not so sure I would do that either , again I’m not a Tua fan.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

We wear tinfoil hats around here not masks. Hill was robbed by Mahomes and KC holding him back 

He could have  have had 600 catches and 200 TDs last year if he wasn't held back. :mad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, weepaws said:

Let me ask you, give me his ff point total 1/2 ppr? No feet to the fire just a question. 

See i don’t like him in the second round , I don’t think Tua can support him and Waddle. 

So right now T Hill won’t be on my team, lots of other second round players I like more then Hill.  

I would rather take Waddle later on, but not so sure I would do that either , again I’m not a Tua fan.   

My leagues are 1 pt per rec. In 2020 he had 12 games of 15 points or more. In 2021 he had seven with an extra game added to the schedule. I had him on four different teams based on projections of him duplicating 2020. He under performed his rankings. He literally hurt my teams with the reduction in consistency. Yeah, he would get 37 pts one week but 10 or less the next week. I followed/watched every K.C game the last two years and he was not same weapon. It seemed to me that he was running routes wide open time and time again and Mahomes just looked elsewhere. 

I'm not a big Tua fan either but teams just can't cover this guy. I think even Tua can get him the ball. Second round after Jefferson, Chase, Adams, Lamb, Diggs, Kupp, Kelce. Puts him around 18 th in ppr rankings assuming Kamara gets suspended. 

Just my humble opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, wolves111 said:

My leagues are 1 pt per rec. In 2020 he had 12 games of 15 points or more. In 2021 he had seven with an extra game added to the schedule. I had him on four different teams based on projections of him duplicating 2020. He under performed his rankings. He literally hurt my teams with the reduction in consistency. Yeah, he would get 37 pts one week but 10 or less the next week. I followed/watched every K.C game the last two years and he was not same weapon. It seemed to me that he was running routes wide open time and time again and Mahomes just looked elsewhere. 

I'm not a big Tua fan either but teams just can't cover this guy. I think even Tua can get him the ball. Second round after Jefferson, Chase, Adams, Lamb, Diggs, Kupp, Kelce. Puts him around 18 th in ppr rankings assuming Kamara gets suspended. 

Just my humble opinion.

1/2 ppr Hill finished 7 th in avg, avg 14 points per game , how do you see him doing this season.  I think he’ll drop based on Tua , and Waddle.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah i really don’t know what to think. I’d like to believe Miami wouldn’t have traded so many picks for him, and a ton of money  to him, if they weren’t confident they can get him the ball. That said I’ve been reading that the coach is a running game oriented coach and as we agree he’s working with a QB without much of a resume, to be kind.

Id roll the dice on Hill around pick 14 in my 10 team league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waddle based on avg 1/2 ppr was a mid wr2.  I think that’s what we’ll see with Hill.   

I would like him more in round three.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2022 at 11:50 AM, wolves111 said:

So last season I drafted Hill in several leagues with my 1st pick. In fact, in a small $25 league I took him with thee #1 pick just for giggles. Michael Irvin, ESPN resident criminal, proclaimed him the most electrifying player in the NFL. Several FF sites had him ranked as the best WR in the league. So why did he disappear from game-to-game last year and watch Pringle and Hardman get his targets? Was it double coverage? Scheme? 

Here's my theory. K.C. knew he would ask for the contract he eventually got from Miami and had no intention of giving it to him. In an attempt to devalue his worth, they reduced his participation in the offense. When you're paying $500 million to the QB, the T/E big money, and significant coin to a couple of D-linemen, there just isn't enough left to pay a WR $25 million a year. Hence the trade.

So, if I'm correct then this year I'll be trying to identify the players wanting to get paid, on teams that can't afford to pay them or won't pay them, and consequently move them down the draft board. Players that come to mind include Nick Chubb, Josh Jacobs, D K Metcalf, and David Montgomery to name a few.

Does this make any sense?

I will also be trying to identify the players that will not put up the best stats.  I will then draft other players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, weepaws said:

Waddle based on avg 1/2 ppr was a mid wr2.  I think that’s what we’ll see with Hill.   

I would like him more in round three.  

well, I think hes better than Waddle. 

I also think when you consider the obscene cost to get the is guy under contract, the GM is gonna do everything in his power to show he was worth it.

if this doesnt work out, its definitely his head on the chopping block.

I think They will forcefeed him if they have to.  I think he puts up WR1 numbers but the targets will need to  be way up to get him to produce the same in this offense.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

well, I think hes better than Waddle. 

I also think when you consider the obscene cost to get the is guy under contract, the GM is gonna do everything in his power to show he was worth it.

if this doesnt work out, its definitely his head on the chopping block.

I think They will forcefeed him if they have to.  I think he puts up WR1 numbers but the targets will need to  be way up to get him to produce the same in this offense.

 

1. Tua will throw into a lot of coverage, and he’s not good enough.  

2. What happens to Waddle?  I think force feeding Hill will produce lots of L in the win lost column. 

3.  And that’s my points , Waddle was a mid wr2 , I don’t now see how Tua can feed them both. He’s simply not that good imo.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, weepaws said:

1. Tua will throw into a lot of coverage, and he’s not good enough.  

2. What happens to Waddle?  I think force feeding Hill will produce lots of L in the win lost column. 

3.  And that’s my points , Waddle was a mid wr2 , I don’t now see how Tua can feed them both. He’s simply not that good imo.   

 

well, we are about to find out if hes good enough.

I dont know what else to say.   but usually when a GM spends a high draft pick or a pile of cash on a player, they usually find ways to get him the ball and give him a chance to show he is worth the cash.

But I'd argue hes one of those WR's who is that good that he can boost his QB.     hes not like most WR who beat coverage by a couple yards.  when this guy gets open he gets OPEN.

maybe Tua doesnt hit him in stride consistently like Mahomes did, but he likely still hits him when he gets open.

Either way, if a Starting QB cannot hit his #1 WR that usually means his career wont last long.   if he stinks it out now, he has likely no excuse.

It will be an interesting year.  I suppose if the price was right I'd draft a player from the Miami offense.  I am not currently planning to do it but its not impossible. The price needs to be right if I'm gonna buy.

If I could get Tyreek as a low end WR1 or high end WR2 I'd probably consider buying but it would also depend on who else is on the board.   Hes not a top end WR1 in this offense.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, here's what I think happened last year.  In the first 6 weeks of the season, the Chiefs were 3-3.  Why?  Because teams were attacking the Chiefs like Tampa did in the Super Bowl.  The Chiefs took a different approach and then finished the season winning 9 of their last 11 games.  Why?  Because they changed their offense.


Evidence?

Go take a look at Hill's numbers the last few years and last year.  What stands out?  Output to volume disparity.  You may point to a career high in targets and receptions, but notice the decrease yards per reception, the reduction in TD's, and his second worst yards per game for a season.  I believe that's what the OP was looking at and his most recent post from Hill, is intimating.

Look at Hill's numbers from 2017-2020.  His "average season" (based on 14 games), 77 receptions, 1200 yards, and 10 TD's.  Then, look at his final numbers last year... 111, 1239, 10.  So with 3 extra games and 34 more receptions, he yielded only 39 extra yards and no increase in TD's.  Yikes.  Look at his average for his first 6 games last year, he had 46 receptions, 592 yards, and 5 TDs, averaging just over 22.5 fantasy points per week.  Over the last 11 games, he totaled 65 receptions, 647 yards, and 4 TDs which means you averaged just short of 14 fantasy points per week.  That's a substantial drop.  He was WR2 through the first 6 weeks... over the last 11, he was WR15.

Looking at Hill's perspective of him believing the Chiefs tried to suppress his value, I could see an argument.  If you take his first 6 weeks and project that out of 17 weeks, that comes to 130 receptions, 1677 yards, and 14 TD's... yet, he finished with 111, 1239, and 9.  Why?  Because if you take his last 11 games and pro-rate that over 17 games, his season output would have been 100, 1000, and 6.  That's not good.

 

Now, do I think the Chiefs did that on purpose?  Yes... but they did it to win, it had nothing to do with decreasing his value.  They used Hill more as a short-route possession guy instead of a big play guy explosive guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×