Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

MLB 2022

3 minutes ago, posty said:

Correct...  The umpire saw that with him turning towards second and the ball still not secure, that there could be a possibility...  If I was umping, I wouldn't have called him out, but I don't have an issue with the actual result either...

I mean look at the catcher...  Soon as he got the ball and saw that Mancini turned in, he went to tag him...  We don't know what the first base coach said...  He might have been saying "No! No!  Stay here!", which could imply that he was thinking about going and put that thought into the umpires thought process...

So yes it is a judgment call by the umpire. That is the issue. An umpire that wanted to be be part of the game.  

MJ Melendez was called up, after Cam Gallagher (Salvy's backup) sprained a hammy.  I'd keep an eye on what they do with him if you're playing in a fantasy league.  If he shows production they say he can play third or outfield as well with his athletic ability.  With Mondesi hurt, it woudn't be a total shock if Bobby Witt shifts to short and Melendez gets some time at third while he is filling in for the injured Cam Gallagher.

The Cardinals' top prospect, Nolan Gorman is tearing it up in AAA. He's hit 11 HRs already. He currently plays second base, transitioned from third when they traded for Arenado. Their current second baseman, Tommy Edmon can play short if they decide that DeJong needs to be moved or sat and they might call Gorman up to play second or even DH.

Depending on your league rules, he could be a steal right now if you can stash minor league players.

Vinny pasquantuino is killing it in triple a and Santana was just scratched from the lineup. 

13 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Vinny pasquantuino is killing it in triple a and Santana was just scratched from the lineup. 

What about Prato? 

I think they would bring up Vinnie first.   I wouldn't be surprised to see Vinny as next years dh and pratto at 1b in kc.

Also Melendez makes his MLB debut tonight with a start at dh.

On 5/2/2022 at 8:08 AM, paulinstl said:

The Cardinals' top prospect, Nolan Gorman is tearing it up in AAA. He's hit 11 HRs already. He currently plays second base, transitioned from third when they traded for Arenado. Their current second baseman, Tommy Edmon can play short if they decide that DeJong needs to be moved or sat and they might call Gorman up to play second or even DH.

Depending on your league rules, he could be a steal right now if you can stash minor league players.

yep, hes destroying right now, and the Cards are prob just waiting on service time

On 4/11/2022 at 6:35 PM, Gepetto said:

Witt Jr did score 2 runs.

Yesterday Juan Soto 0-4

First MLB dong and an 11 game hitting steak.   With the defense he has played you can't ask for any more.   Witt's first home followed up with Melendez first MLB ab.  Future of this team is bright. 

Nice to see that Vlad Guerrero jr is getting 4 square meals a day again. 

They just did an interview with the Melendez family, and seemed like a great group of people.   His dad is baseball coach at Florida international university, I just learned and I think was coach for USA team as he talked about coaching Bobby Witt. 

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

First MLB dong and an 11 game hitting steak.   With the defense he has played you can't ask for any more.   Witt's first home followed up with Melendez first MLB ab.  Future of this team is bright. 

Yea, I just watched it on a highlight after searching google to see how Witt Jr was doing.  Then I saw your post just now.  Wish I had the game on but can't watch slow boring baseball most of the time.  About time.  Hope he can show some power now this season.  I don't know what he's capable of.

Only a month in but damn the Yankees look good. Amazing what a competent shortstop and catcher can do for a team. Also, Boston is a disaster.

And a healthy judge. 

Rays doing their thing with half a starting pitching staff. Best run organization in baseball. 

The royals suck

34 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

The royals suck

Only took you to May 11 this year...  Almost a record...

name me a worse 1B/RF/2B combo in MLB than Dalbec/Bradley/Story

Suck, suck and suck

OPS

Dalsuck .453
Bradley .558

Story - .557

Imagine having a dude with a 450 ops playing 1st :doh:

18 minutes ago, edjr said:

Suck, suck and suck

OPS

Dalsuck .453
Bradley .558

Story - .557

Votto is at .413 currently...

1 minute ago, posty said:

Votto is at .413 currently...

Votto is making 25 million for the next 3 years. They are stuck with him. Dalbec is under 1 year contract making 714k 

I have Detmers on my fantasy team. Too bad Witt can’t get going.  

4 minutes ago, edjr said:

Votto is making 25 million for the next 3 years. They are stuck with him. Dalbec is under 1 year contract making 714k 

I still can't believe that the brass for the Red Sox thinks that Dalbec is the answer at first...

22 minutes ago, posty said:

I still can't believe that the brass for the Red Sox thinks that Dalbec is the answer at first...

He is making 714k. perfect for a jewish GM who brought the Rays to world series. 😐

Bradley plays good defense and has a good arm no?  It's the only reason my beloved Kevin Kiermaier is still wearing a Rays uniform with his .176 average. Of course after I posted on Monday we lost 2 more and got no hit last night :lol:

1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

Bradley plays good defense and has a good arm no?  It's the only reason my beloved Kevin Kiermaier is still wearing a Rays uniform with his .176 average. Of course after I posted on Monday we lost 2 more and got no hit last night :lol:

Unless he can play 2 outfield positions, who gives a fock?  May as well change the channel when he is at the plate. 

On 5/11/2022 at 12:00 PM, edjr said:

Suck, suck and suck

OPS

Dalsuck .453
Bradley .558

Story - .557

Royals have batted Ryan O'Hearn 4th, playing 1st many times this season.  Look at that dude's pathetic numbers.

i tried to trade Josh Naylor after we went ballistic for a front line pitcher.  no takers.

Christian Yellich hit for the cycle yesterday for the third time in his career. Ties him for the most cycles all time with 5 other players. Strangely, every time he's hit for the cycle it's been against the Reds.  

Who signs Xander Bogaerts when he opts out after the 2022 season? No change Tampa Bay north signs him

12 minutes ago, edjr said:

Who signs Xander Bogaerts when he opts out after the 2022 season? No change Tampa Bay north signs him

Dodgers...  Trea will probably be elsewhere as well...

26 minutes ago, edjr said:

You call Boston “Tampa bay north” like it’s an insult to Tampa bay yet we’ve been pretty successful as a franchise since Joe Maddon years 🤷🏻‍♂️  Our former GM is in LA and they spend money like crazy.

maybe there’s another issue with Boston?

1 hour ago, posty said:

Dodgers...  Trea will probably be elsewhere as well...

makes sense.  if trea wanted to stay in LA, hed have signed a long term deal by now.  instead trea did the 1 year deal for $21 million.  the red sox might trade xander but he still might be a free agent at the end of the year and go to LA.

2 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

You call Boston “Tampa bay north” like it’s an insult to Tampa bay yet we’ve been pretty successful as a franchise since Joe Maddon years 🤷🏻‍♂️  Our former GM is in LA and they spend money like crazy.

maybe there’s another issue with Boston?

it is an insult to Boston and their money ball GM.

Red Sox spend 3 times and sometimes more, what the rays do or ever did. 

1 hour ago, edjr said:

it is an insult to Boston and their money ball GM.

Red Sox spend 3 times and sometimes more, what the rays do or ever did. 

Right but if you have an issue with Bloom and he’s from the Rays organization, maybe you just need to give it some time? I don’t know what strategy he’s using in Boston. Friedman spends in LA which he couldn’t do in Tampa. Tampa continues doing their thing. 

6 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Witt needs to go back down. 

Are you freaking kidding?  The dude is about our lone bright spot this year.   He and Melendez went yard tonight.   And Witt is second in the majors on his average homerun distance this year.  He is coming on right now and doesn't need a demotion. 

8 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Witt needs to go back down. 

He's on fire lately both offense and defense.  

5 hours ago, Gepetto said:

He's on fire lately both offense and defense.  

Going into last night he was 9 for 47 in his last ten games, with 7 rbi and 2 hr. That’s on fire? I’m dreading the slump then.