Cadillac Williams: Total career yards rushed - 4,038

Cedric Benson: Total career yards rushed - 6,017

Ronnie Brown: Total career yards rushed - 5,391

Total yards rushed for all 5 drafted before Gore: 16,123

Frank Gore: Total Career yards rushed - 16,000 

What a great career for Gore. HOF all the way.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Frank Gore, he's a worthy HOFer, I don't think many would object. His longevity and durability are legendary.

Is he first ballot though? I wouldn't go that far.

He never produced on the level of the greatest RBs except perhaps his 2nd season.

yeah, he had one or two elite seasons.  but for the most part hes an above average back who had a REALLY long career.

16000 rushing yards that’s HOF.  

7 hours ago, Ray_T said:

yeah, he had one or two elite seasons.  but for the most part hes an above average back who had a REALLY long career.

Thank you, 100% right.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ray_T said:

Yeah, he's basically about a 1050 yd, 6-7 TD per season RB. For a decade or so, that's quite impressive, but it doesn't put him up there with the likes of Sweetness, Barry, Emmitt, Eric Dickerson, etc.

Never was in the top 5 for rushing yards in a season (6 years top 10), never top 5 in rushing TDs in a season (2 times top 10), never a first team All Pro (once a second team)...

I'll agree to above average back who had a long career. He's Eli Manning without the rings. No HOF, IMHO.

With 16000 yards, avg Rbs don’t have 16000 rushing yards, he’ll make the HOF.  

• Like 1

What's remarkable as a running back, I think he only missed like 14-15 games due to injury in 16 seasons. 

And he was no bench warmer. He rushed a total of 3,735 times for almost 4.3 yards per rush average. I think he gets into the HOF simply because as a running back that is remarkable. I think he's in the HOF because the HOF is not only about numbers is it? It honestly have never been before. 

• Haha 1

Gore has been more than a "running" back, he's always been very well respected as a great blocker as a running back too, he protects his QB. Coaches love RBs that are good blockers.

On 4/7/2022 at 3:57 PM, polecatt said:

Frank Gore, he's a worthy HOFer, I don't think many would object. His longevity and durability are legendary.

Is he first ballot though? I wouldn't go that far.

He never produced on the level of the greatest RBs except perhaps his 2nd season.

A lot of it was that he was held back by completely incompetent coaching. Drafted him in dynasty.
Case in point, 2007. Team stinks, 8 game losing streak and they're not getting Gore involved in the passing game. They call an offensive guru out of retirement, fly him up from Arizona to teach this incompetent OC idiot, Jim Hostler how to use Gore. Gore breaks out for 200 yards rushing & receiving, they put up 37 points. Guru heads back home to Arizona, mission accomplished? Not so fast. idiot OC goes back to same suckass plan as before.

Even with all that to deal with, Gore had 16000 rushing yards.