wiffleball

What meal most reminds you of home?

3 minutes ago, DuckStupid said:

That would be good too. Actually sounds more up my avenue.  But I’m wanting to avoid breading, frying, and extra carbs. My parents will be here and mom tries to avoid that stuff.  

Pan sear with passion fruit beurre blanc

2 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Pan sear with passion fruit beurre blanc

This sounds interesting. Can’t say I’ve ever done a passion fruit buerre blanc. Much less used passion fruit in my cooking.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

I worked at a restaurant...cod loins were cooked in the microwave with butter, water and saran wrap.  Was sooo damn good and perfect. 

Yeah, while it may be good, not nuking my fish.

4 minutes ago, DuckStupid said:

Yeah, while it may be good, not nuking my fish.

Loins are thick...not like filets.  Wrap em in lemon and butter..put in oven for 4 minutes.

5 minutes ago, DuckStupid said:

This sounds interesting. Can’t say I’ve ever done a passion fruit buerre blanc. Much less used passion fruit in my cooking.  

If you’ve made a beurre blanc, easy adjustment. Should be able to find a purée at beverage store, or can use an infused vinegar. 

1 minute ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Loins are thick...not like filets.  Wrap em in lemon and butter..put in oven for 4 minutes.

These are whole filets, from Costco.  Parts thicker, parts thinner. 

If you’ve made a beurre blanc, easy adjustment. Should be able to find a purée at beverage store, or can use an infused vinegar. 

I can manage a buerre blanc. Will consider it.  Keep in mind my my parents are of Scandinavian descent. Want something I know they will enjoy, hence something like a door county boil.   Was originally thinking of just going out for Friday fish, yes that’s a thing in the Midwest, but remembered I had those cod filets in freezer.  

3 minutes ago, DuckStupid said:

And my mom did cod boils growing up. Hence why I posted this here. 

Will also add that my wife won’t eat butter, so everybody but her would love the sauce. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DuckStupid said:

Will also add that my wife won’t eat butter, so everybody but her would love the sauce. 

And while I say that, I’ll serve melted butter and lemon with it either way, so…

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, DuckStupid said:

I can manage a buerre blanc. Will consider it.  Keep in mind my my parents are of Scandinavian descent. Want something I know they will enjoy, hence something like a door county boil.   Was originally thinking of just going out for Friday fish, yes that’s a thing in the Midwest, but remembered I had those cod filets in freezer.  

I have a hard time eating frozen seafood beyond shrimp and king crab legs.

frying could make it palatable: tempura, panko, beer batter, breaded

I have a hard time eating frozen seafood beyond shrimp and king crab legs.

frying could make it palatable: tempura, panko, beer batter, breaded

Understood. I’ve not quite felt this way about it. Although I more often than not smoke it.  

• Like 1

Sunday chicken,  mashed potatoes, corn and rolls.

Coming home from Sunday Mass, smelling the chicken baking in the oven, and the football pre-game shows playing.  That will always be home.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Drizzay said:

Sunday chicken,  mashed potatoes, corn and rolls.

Coming home from Sunday Mass, smelling the chicken baking in the oven, and the football pre-game shows playing.  That will always be home.

Your mom didn't go to mass?