Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

New job perk: abortions!

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/12/business/yelp-abortion-employees.html

Yelp is expected to announce Tuesday that it will cover expenses for its employees and their spouses who must travel out of state for abortion care, becoming the latest company to respond to a Texas law that bans the procedure after about six weeks of pregnancy.

The online search and review platform, which is based in San Francisco and has more than 4,000 workers, employs just over 200 in Texas, but the benefit extends to employees in other states who might be affected by “current or future action that restricts access to covered reproductive health care,” a company representative said.

Last month, Citigroup became the first major bank to disclose that it will pay travel costs for employees affected by the law in Texas, where it has over 8,000 workers. Other companies that have announced policies aimed at mitigating the impact of the law include Uber and Lyft, which offered to pay legal fees for Texas drivers who could be sued for taking someone to an abortion clinic.

The move, which comes as companies vie for talent in a tight labor pool, will help Yelp maintain a more diverse and inclusive work force, Ms. Warren said. “We want to be able to recruit and retain employees wherever they might be living,” she said.

I do not support this

• Like 1

Outside of Yelp's headquarters in San Francisco, California, Jose's Condom Shack was seen shuttering their business.

Sounds like a strong vaca plan.  What kind of proof do you have to provide of pregnancy and abortion?   I assume trannys and their fake pregnancies are eligible?    :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/12/business/yelp-abortion-employees.html

Yelp is expected to announce Tuesday that it will cover expenses for its employees and their spouses who must travel out of state for abortion care, becoming the latest company to respond to a Texas law that bans the procedure after about six weeks of pregnancy.

The online search and review platform, which is based in San Francisco and has more than 4,000 workers, employs just over 200 in Texas, but the benefit extends to employees in other states who might be affected by “current or future action that restricts access to covered reproductive health care,” a company representative said.

Last month, Citigroup became the first major bank to disclose that it will pay travel costs for employees affected by the law in Texas, where it has over 8,000 workers. Other companies that have announced policies aimed at mitigating the impact of the law include Uber and Lyft, which offered to pay legal fees for Texas drivers who could be sued for taking someone to an abortion clinic.

The move, which comes as companies vie for talent in a tight labor pool, will help Yelp maintain a more diverse and inclusive work force, Ms. Warren said. “We want to be able to recruit and retain employees wherever they might be living,” she said.

I do not support this

I don't really understand the need, since Planned Parenthood kills the babies for free.  That said, this is the way it should be done.  The government should not be involved in any way, shape, or form in the funding for abortions.  The person should foot the bill, since they're the one who got themselves in that situation.  Now, if someone wants to come along, such as an employer or insurance carrier who wants to foot the bill, that's great too.  I'm all for it.  What reason(s), do you have for not liking this?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I don't really understand the need, since Planned Parenthood kills the babies for free.  That said, this is the way it should be done.  The government should not be involved in any way, shape, or form in the funding for abortions.  The person should foot the bill, since they're the one who got themselves in that situation.  Now, if someone wants to come along, such as an employer or insurance carrier who wants to foot the bill, that's great too.  I'm all for it.  What reason(s), do you have for not liking this?

Great point, what's not to like from a conservative perspective?  :cheers: 

Also the Uber/Lyft position makes sense and IMO is a different issue.

4 minutes ago, Bert said:

Aren't 99% of their employees gay and transgender?  

That's Disney

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I feel that it unnecessarily unnecessarily encourages abortions and it’s just generally unseemly. While I am reluctantly pro choice, I really don’t care for the practice (other than the obvious exceptions).

7 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I feel that it unnecessarily unnecessarily encourages abortions and it’s just generally unseemly. While I am reluctantly pro choice, I really don’t care for the practice (other than the obvious exceptions).

I don't like abortion either, but it's here to stay.  To me, this is the best alternative to a situation we're stuck with.  Better this than the government paying for it.

Interesting the conservatives are good with this. Why then are republicans and conservative Supreme Court justices etc so keen to overturn Roe and outlaw abortion?

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Aren't 99% of their employees gay and transgender?  

1 hour ago, edjr said:

That's Disney

To be fair, the way those employees cry and scream like children and spoiled brats you would THINK 99% of the employees got the ghey, but in fact it's the .001% minority that's actually having the temper tantrum. 

Which, is funny, because if you ran your business catering to the .001% of customers who cried and whined all day long while giving the finger to the other 99% you would be out of business.

6 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Interesting the conservatives are good with this. Why then are republicans and conservative Supreme Court justices etc so keen to overturn Roe and outlaw abortion?

We're ok with this because the SC isn't going to overturn Roe. That's just liberal b.s. to keep the angry mob, well, angry.  Don't you think that if they were going to overturn it, it would've been done by now?

6 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Abort all liberals. 

9 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

We're ok with this because the SC isn't going to overturn Roe. That's just liberal b.s. to keep the angry mob, well, angry.  Don't you think that if they were going to overturn it, it would've been done by now?

Huh That’s interesting. I did know it was largely a fraud to motivate loony right-wing voters for decades, but I didn’t think you’d come right out and admit it

10 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Huh That’s interesting. I did know it was largely a fraud to motivate loony right-wing voters for decades, but I didn’t think you’d come right out and admit it

You seriously are losing dude. Pull the plug while you are way behind. 

14 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Because they aren't? :dunno:

8 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

I think it's more that the loony left-wing politicians and media are pumping out so much disinformation, that not only did they convince the population of a false flag, but they also started believing it themselves.  I mean, it is pretty obvious.  Every "anti"-abortion law being passed by Republican governors has nothing to do with "banning" abortions, but putting a specific time frame on it.  I think that's perfectly reasonable.  But just like everything else, the left exaggerates the bill to motivate the loony-left wing voters, and that's been going on for 70 years.

Or just ride the subway in NYC