Sign in to follow this  
BeenHereBefore

Things You Miss

Seeing and saying Merry Christmas during season.

Flying w/out a damn mask. 

Playing in Super Bowls. 

Golf icons such as Dan Jenkins, Ken Venturi,  Peter Allis, Arnold Palmer

26 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Quarterbacks on the highway. Apparently I need a dump truck.

Lol jesus. 🤣

Back when bars were open until 2-2:30, even though I wouldn't go now anyway-too old and to many crazies out there. Also, old GF's................................😜.

Good food.

My daughter being two years old and sneaking out of bed from her nap and peeking around the corner looking at me like she may be in trouble for being awake.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Quarterbacks on the highway. Apparently I need a dump truck.

Now that was a good lol! :doublethumbsup:

Getting lost

Playing drinking games

Good movies 

Crank calling

The chase

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, fandandy said:

My daughter being two years old and sneaking out of bed from her nap and peeking around the corner looking at me like she may be in trouble for being awake.

Yeah, there's one... kissing my eldest daughter. She's too old now and taller than her mother so it's creepy. Her sister though still gets lots of kisses. :wub:

5 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

I miss late night shopping at a grocery store and none are open 24/7 anymore. Was nice and peaceful and you could take your time.

I thought I was the only one. My store started closing at 11 PM a good six months before we ever heard of Covid. The next time I was there I asked the checkout girl why ?

Shoplifting was out of control between midnight & 4 AM.

Now I go around 10:30 PM

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

I thought I was the only one. My store started closing at 11 PM a good six months before we ever heard of Covid. The next time I was there I asked the checkout girl why ?

Shoplifting was out of control between midnight & 4 AM.

Now I go around 10:30 PM

Yea it sux now and was also fun going at 1am when you was bored and nothing on TV. Yea a lot of stores did it precovid here as well.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Yeah, hilsrious. :mellow:

It was. I took an edible last night so I was a little high, but I laughed for like two minutes :doublethumbsup:

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

the Saturday TV show, Creature Double Feature.. it was pure gold for me and my dad.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, MDC said:

The pre-Internet world.

Amen to that. An infinitely simpler time 

• Thanks 1

my foreskin.

western justice

On 4/14/2022 at 9:27 PM, BunnysBastatrds said:

Crank calling

Digital telephone signal wrecked a whole world of comedy. 

I worked at a car dealership in Maryland. If there was a lot of snow on the ground nothing happened all day. A guy I worked with would get a bunch of us in an office and prank call people...

"Hello Mrs. Robinson? This is Wayne Solinski form the Campbell Soup Company. We are having a National contest to find a special person to sing our jingle. If you win, we will send you a whole  pallet of the Campbell Soups of your choice. Would you be interested in a preliminary audition? You would? Great! Please sing; "Campbell's Soup is um, um, good!" 

Wow! That was great! You are definitely on the list to move on top the semi-finals!!

(Next snow day) Hello, Mrs. Robinson, this is Wayne Solinski, from Campbells Soup, calling you for the semi-final round. Are you ready to give it another go? You are? Great! Let's hear it!...That was good, but I think you were in better voice, the last time I called. No, no, you are not out of it yet. Could I hear it again, with a little more feeling, and maybe hold that last note for me. 

Wow! You did it again, Mrs. Robinson, you are going to finals for sure! Please wait for my next call; this is a National competition, and there are a lot of people to consider. Please make a list of the Campbell Soups you would like to receive, along with an address for delivery.

(Next snow day) Hello Mrs. Robinson, this is...yes I'm sorry, it has been a while, we honestly had no idea of the interest this contest would attract. After careful consideration we have narrowed the contestants to two finalist, and you are one of them Mrs. Jones! Are you ready to shine? Are you ready to go for all the marbles? Mrs. Robinson: Let Her Rip!!

That was great, but I think our other contestant has edged you out. I am so sorry...wait what? You want another try? I guess I could bend the rules a little. OK, Let's hear it again! 

Oh my God; you did it Mrs. Robinson! You are our winner!! You can go ahead and read me the list of the soups you want. OK, got it!! Your prize is on the way! You have a great day, ma'am, and thank you for enjoying Campbell's Soups!! Good Bye."

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

I worked at a car dealership in Maryland. If there was a lot of snow on the ground nothing happened all day. A guy I worked with would get a bunch of us in an office and prank call people...

"Hello Mrs. Jones? This is Wayne Solinski form the Campbell Soup Company. We are having a National contest to find a special person to sing our jingle. If you win, we will send you a whole  pallet of the Campbell Soups of your choice. Would you be interested in a preliminary audition? You would? Great! Please sing; "Campbell's Soup is um, um, good!" 

Wow! That was great! You are definitely on the list to move on top the semi-finals!!

(Next snow day) Hello, Mrs. Jones, this is Wayne Solinski, from Campbells Soup, calling you for the semi-final round. Are you ready to give it another go? You are? Great! Let's hear it!...That was good, but I think you were in better voice, the last time I called. No, no, you are not out of it yet. Could I hear it again, with a little more feeling, and maybe hold that last note for me. 

Wow! You did it again, Mrs. Jones, you are going to finals for sure! Please wait for my next call; this is a National competition, and there are a lot of people to consider. Please make a list of the Campbell Soups you would like to receive, along with an address for delivery.

(Next snow day) Hello Mrs. Jones, this is...yes I'm sorry, it has been a while, we honestly had no idea of the interest this contest would attract. After careful consideration we have narrowed the contestants to two finalist, and you are one of them Mrs. Jones! Are you ready to shine? Are you ready to go for all the marbles? Mrs. Jones: Let Her Rip!!

That was great, but I think our other contestant has edged you out. I am so sorry...wait what? You want another try? I guess I could bend the rules a little. OK, Let's hear it again! 

Oh my God; you did it Mrs. Jones! You are our winner!! You can go ahead and read me the list of the soups you want. OK, got it!! Your prize is on the way! You have a great day, ma'am, and thank you for enjoying Campbell's Soups!! Good Bye."

Poor Mrs. Jones :(

You should’ve left her alone and gone after that slut, Mrs. Robinson :mad:

4 hours ago, MDC said:

The pre-Internet world.

Yep, totally agree...  But man, to go back to pre-internet at the blink of an eye would put this entire world into chaos...

55 minutes ago, posty said:

Yep, totally agree...  But man, to go back to pre-internet at the blink of an eye would put this entire world into chaos...

I got my first email account and started regularly using the Internet in college. Im really glad to be basically the last generation that had an entire childhood without it. I’m always checking scores and emails on my phone so I’m a total hypocrite. But I think the Internet has made everyone much shallower and more reactive. 

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

I got my first email account and started regularly using the Internet in college. Im really glad to be basically the last generation that had an entire childhood without it. I’m always checking scores and emails on my phone so I’m a total hypocrite. But I think the Internet has made everyone much shallower and more reactive. 

I would say smart phones tipped it more...  At least without those, one could get away from the internet and being constantly connected...  Without those, you can only contact with the computer...

35 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

"Hello Mrs. Jones? This is Wayne Solinski form the Campbell Soup Company. We are having a National contest to find a special person to sing our jingle. If you win, we will send you a whole  pallet of the Campbell Soups of your choice. Would you be interested in a preliminary audition? You would? Great! Please sing; "Campbell's Soup is um, um, good!" 

(Next snow day) Hello, Mrs. Jones, this is Wayne Solinski, from Campbells Soup, calling you for the semi-final round. Are you ready to give it another go? You are? Great! Let's hear it!...That was good, but I think you were in better voice, the last time I called. No, no, you are not out of it yet. Could I hear it again, with a little more feeling, and maybe hold that last note for me. 

Wow! You did it again, Mrs. Jones, you are going to finals for sure! Please wait for my next call; this is a National competition, and there are a lot of people to consider. Please make a list of the Campbell Soups you would like to receive, along with an address for delivery.

(Next snow day) Hello Mrs. Jones, this is...yes I'm sorry, it has been a while, we honestly had no idea of the interest this contest would attract. After careful consideration we have narrowed the contestants to two finalist, and you are one of them Mrs. Jones! Are you ready to shine? Are you ready to go for all the marbles? Mrs. Jones: Let Her Rip!!

Oh my God; you did it Mrs. Jones! You are our winner!! You can go ahead and read me the list of the soups you want. OK, got it!! Your prize is on the way! You have a great day, ma'am, and thank you for enjoying Campbell's Soups!! Good Bye."

We used to call the biotch down the street and fawk with her all summer when we in sixth grade. 

Me: Mrs. Sanders, this is the power company. We are installing new power lines in the neighborhood so it doesn’t interfere with your phone service. We ask that you don’t answer your phones for the next hour as it may put the lineman in danger. We will call and let it ring once. And then call back to let you know it’s safe to answer. Please don’t answer till then. Mrs. Sanders. I’m expecting a call from my grandson, it’s my birthday.   Me: Please wait till the line is clear. We appreciate your cooperation.

So I call back ten minutes later. Phone rings eleven times and she couldn’t help herself and answered.   Me: Mrs. Sanders, this is a test.Please please please do not answer till I give you the signal.   Mrs. Sanders: OK. I’m sorry. 

I waited an hour. Call back and the phone rang a hundred times. She couldn’t resist and answers, hello.   Chris: (zzzzzzzz) Ahhhhhhhh. The pain!!! For the love of God!!! Call an ambulance. 

9 minutes ago, MDC said:

Yup. We were and a much better childhood in my opinion. 

On 4/15/2022 at 9:54 AM, [echo] said:

the Saturday TV show, Creature Double Feature.. it was pure gold for me and my dad.

It was called Horror Incorporated where I lived.

On 4/15/2022 at 3:23 PM, IGotWorms said:

Poor Mrs. Jones :(

You should’ve left her alone and gone after that slut, Mrs. Robinson :mad:

You know, I thought about it, and decided you're right. I have made thew appropriate changes to my original post. 😎

36 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

You know, I thought about it, and decided you're right. I have made thew appropriate changes to my original post. 😎

We'd like to learn a little bit about her for our files

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, easilyscan said:

It was called Horror Incorporated where I lived.

it was the last show on before the tv would go off air.  

no way was i watching that.