Utilit99

Twitter adopts 'poison pill' to prevent Elon Musk takeover

I made an attempt to understand what the poison pill constituted but failed to comprehend. I just get the just of it. They flood the market with shares that screws over investors ... blah blah .... I don't know... covfefe ...unicorn... potato... and is intended to prevent Musk from taking over somehow.

Well, I wouldn't expect them not to pull out any tactic to stop him, including this, whatever this is, I don't know.

Now Musk is asking 7 other rich friends to go in 12-13% each to get around the “poison pill”.  This guy is great.  😂 

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Now Musk is asking 7 other rich friends to go in 12-13% each to get around the “poison pill”.  This guy is great.  😂 

He can front me the money I’ll go in on it for .5%

19 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

everyone not on the radical left is Hitler to these people.

This is a fact. The real Hitlers calling everyone else Hitler. 

Liberals are SO against free speech they’re now trying to pass things to prevent ppl from reinstating it on social media. They knew that Elon wanted to unban a lot of ppl they banned and stop all the Nazi propaganda the left keeps spewing unchecked 

10 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Showing their true colors, like cheering the death and destruction of this war. Loving China who employs slave labor and throws people into camps. Calling men toxic. Why a man would be a lib is astounding. 

18 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

You guys are dumb. I’m saying the guy is a douche and nobody knows his real motivations. It ain’t political at all 

If no one knows his motives, why are you idiots on the left so convinced it will be evil?  Why are you buffoons so scared to have your stupid ideas challenged?  He has stated what his motivation is, and that is to have open platform to serve as the public square where ideas will compete in an open market place.  And that is exactly what scares idiots, because idiotic ideas can't stand up to scrutiny.  Why not let's discuss the stated goals he claims and seems to be pursuing?  Why must you lie and twist and make him into some kind of modern day monster?   You guy's ideas can't win an open debate and that is what pisses off morons like you.  

Scientists Warn Of Rapidly Spreading 'Musk Derangement Syndrome'

https://babylonbee.com/news/scientists-warn-of-rapidly-spreading-musk-derangement-syndrome

Leftists Warn That If They Can't Ban Opposing Viewpoints They'd Have To Actually Defend Their Beliefs

https://babylonbee.com/news/liberals-worried-that-if-they-cant-ban-opposing-viewpoints-theyll-actually-have-to-defend-their-ideas

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jonmx said:

If no one knows his motives, why are you idiots on the left so convinced it will be evil?  Why are you buffoons so scared to have your stupid ideas challenged?  He has stated what his motivation is, and that is to have open platform to serve as the public square where ideas will compete in an open market place.  And that is exactly what scares idiots, because idiotic ideas can't stand up to scrutiny.  Why not let's discuss the stated goals he claims and seems to be pursuing?  Why must you lie and twist and make him into some kind of modern day monster?   You guy's ideas can't win an open debate and that is what pisses off morons like you.  

So true.  Their ideas are idiotic, and we see them being played out in real time. Don’t enforce the law, open borders, parents don’t have a say, inflation out of control due to spending and the green new fraud, the homeless taking over cities, shooting up and shitting wherever. With all that going on in everyone’s face, and more, you need to control the messaging to overcome the reality. It’s beyond using the media to just cover up their corruption and immorality, they now need it to survive. 

• Thanks 2

On 4/15/2022 at 6:16 PM, IGotWorms said:

You guys are dumb. I’m saying the guy is a douche and nobody knows his real motivations. It ain’t political at all 

I am dumb?  You said he focks sh1t up.  I just asked what he focked up?  As for motivations what is the motivation of anyone that invests in a stock or buys a company?  Maybe he thinks it is undervalued due to bad management and he thinks he will make money.    Maybe he thinks that by taking politics back out of it he can lure back a bunch of people that left Twitter. 

Unrelated, personally I hope Trump never gets back on Twitter.  He would implement a good policy then shoot himself in the foot with a Tweet.  MSM would focus on the tweet and ignore the policy.  He would have been a much more effective President if he put the phone down the day he got elected. 

• Like 1

On 4/15/2022 at 7:27 PM, Voltaire said:

I made an attempt to understand what the poison pill constituted but failed to comprehend. I just get the just of it. They flood the market with shares that screws over investors ... blah blah .... I don't know... covfefe ...unicorn... potato... and is intended to prevent Musk from taking over somehow.

Well, I wouldn't expect them not to pull out any tactic to stop him, including this, whatever this is, I don't know.

I could be wrong but the way I understand it is if you have 10 shares worth $45 and they let you buy say 5 shares at $30 then you have 15 shares at $40.  if the price does not fall below $40 you are whole.  if it does you do not lose as much as Musk who has all his shares drop from $45 while yours only fell from $40.  It still sucks for you but for Musk it stings a lot more.  It is meant to stop him from screwing himself.  I made the numbers up but I think that is the idea.

7 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So true.  Their ideas are idiotic, and we see them being played out in real time. Don’t enforce the law, open borders, parents don’t have a say, inflation out of control due to spending and the green new fraud, the homeless taking over cities, shooting up and shitting wherever. With all that going on in everyone’s face, and more, you need to control the messaging to overcome the reality. It’s beyond using the media to just cover up their corruption and immorality, they now need it to survive. 

Truer words never spoken.

Deal could possibly be completed today.

This will be 2016 level cry fest. Sit back and enjoy.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Reality said:

Deal could possibly be completed today.

This will be 2016 level cry fest. Sit back and enjoy.

This makes my heart so happy. Fock em

11 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

This makes my heart so happy. Fock em

A great week in woke media collapsing… CNN+ Goes belly up, Disney and Netflix stock tanking, Twitter looks to soon transition to a free speech platform. 

Hooefully the trends continue.

I have been glued to this story. I love the negative campaign against Elon Musk that has popped up. All the sudden he's a "douche" and a bully. It's exactly the same thing they did to Trump. I am sure we'll soon learn Musk once said the N word when he was thirteen. If they can't find any dirt on him, they'll just make it up. I anticipate a full expose from the Bezos Post within a month of his Twitter acquisition. Also queue up all the liberals saying "I never liked the guy".

Watching the exodus of self-important, crybaby, blue-check morons is going to be all manner of fun. Wait 'til they figure out when they leave, they'll have no place to spew stupidity.

22 minutes ago, TK0001 said:

I have been glued to this story. I love the negative campaign against Elon Musk that has popped up. All the sudden he's a "douche" and a bully. It's exactly the same thing they did to Trump. I am sure we'll soon learn Musk once said the N word when he was thirteen. If they can't find any dirt on him, they'll just make it up. I anticipate a full expose from the Bezos Post within a month of his Twitter acquisition. Also queue up all the liberals saying "I never liked the guy".

Watching the exodus of self-important, crybaby, blue-check morons is going to be all manner of fun. Wait 'til they figure out when they leave, they'll have no place to spew stupidity.

Pretty sure the general consensus on Musk has always been "He's a douche but he makes cool cars." Also, he gives to both political parties.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Pretty sure the general consensus on Musk has always been "He's a douche but he makes cool cars."

What pole did you conduct to come to this conclusion

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

Pretty sure the general consensus on Musk has always been "He's a douche but he makes cool cars." Also, he gives to both political parties.

No, he was referred to as a real-life Tony Stark. I don't know of anyone who referred to him as a douche. Until now, of course, when the revisionist history kicks in. Now that liberals have a crack, in the form of Musk potentially shutting down Twitter's practice of suppressing the conservative voice, they will now accelerate full throttle.

Remember when Trump was a subject of countless rap songs, had cameos in movies, and had the #1 show on TV? All it took for them to "discover" he was a vile racist was for him to run for political office. Overnight, the guy who had been in the public eye for over three decades was equivalent to Hitler. 

Like I said, if they can't find it, they'll just make it up.

• Like 3

Just now, lod001 said:

libtard complete meltdown incoming.

mooney groomie is trying to kickstart the meltdown. He's waiting on support.

And my favorite little extra benefit is watching how quick the left suddenly is against taxing the rich, Disney, and against free-speech and companies being able to do what they want in Twitter. It’s actually really hilarious

16 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

What pole did you conduct to come to this conclusion

It's called reading- many things over the course of the time he has been in the public spotlight. He's against shortselling stocks, he supported Andrew Yang, he's for universal basic income, he thinks we should tax carbon emissions. He gives to both parties- describes himself as in the middle (so some here will hate him just for that), and he thinks aliens built the pyramids. He's all over the place and kind of douchey.

I don't care what he does with Twitter. Burn the whole thing to the ground for all I care. 

1 minute ago, cyclone24 said:

And my favorite little extra benefit is watching how quick the left suddenly is against taxing the rich, Disney, and against free-speech and companies being able to do what they want in Twitter. It’s actually really hilarious

Twitter is allowed to determine what it permits on its platform. If Musk buys it and changes it, he is allowed to do that as well. This isn't an either/or game. 

4 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Liberals are so reactionary in their views in life, they themselves don't know what they stand for anymore. Changes day to day. Minute to minute.

9 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Twitter is allowed to determine what it permits on its platform. If Musk buys it and changes it, he is allowed to do that as well. This isn't an either/or game. 

True but one side is saying that everyone can have a voice. One is censoring and banning views they don’t agree with. 

The left and liberals are quite very clearly against this. It’s quite the side of the fence to be on I’ll say that

To clarify my earlier statement, anyone not on the radical left is Hitler to these people.  Musk trying to buy Twitter? They start running checks on Musk to see if he openly spews vicious bile at Trump, hate at America, etc.  if they cant find anything, then hes not on the radical left.  Therefore he is Hitler and they start to attack Musk.  Musk failed the purity test so now they cheer for poison pills etc. 

Looks like the twits accepted Musk's offer. World War 3 and nazis are upon us

14 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

True but one side is saying that everyone can have a voice. One is censoring and banning views they don’t agree with. 

The left and liberals are quite very clearly against this. It’s quite the side of the fence to be on I’ll say that

Both sides try to go after people and companies for spouting their views. It's almost never successful because the general public doesn't care as much as media and talking heads want us to care

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Liberals are so reactionary in their views in life, they themselves don't know what they stand for anymore. Changes day to day. Minute to minute.

They have to be told what to stand for. They do not have the mental capacity to think for themselves.

13 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Both sides try to go after people and companies for spouting their views. It's almost never successful because the general public doesn't care as much as media and talking heads want us to care

That’s very true. I’m just not a big fan of banning or silencing opposing views. I may not agree with it but everyone should have the right to say whatever the hell they want.

And I’ll never really understand why businesses even open that Pandora’s box of getting into politics because you’re just going to piss off half of your potential customer base. Just shut up and make money

1 minute ago, cyclone24 said:

That’s very true. I’m just not a big fan of banning or silencing opposing views. I may not agree with it but everyone should have the right to say whatever the hell they want.

And I’ll never really understand why businesses even open that Pandora’s box of getting into politics because you’re just going to piss off half of your potential customer base. Just shut up and make money

I agree with you. Regardless of whether I agree with someone or not they should have the right to speak their opinion (within some reason obviously). And I always think it is stupid for businesses to wear their political affiliation on their sleeves considering it does piss off some people. 

1 hour ago, Sean Mooney said:

It's called reading- many things over the course of the time he has been in the public spotlight. He's against shortselling stocks, he supported Andrew Yang, he's for universal basic income, he thinks we should tax carbon emissions. He gives to both parties- describes himself as in the middle (so some here will hate him just for that), and he thinks aliens built the pyramids. He's all over the place and kind of douchey.

I don't care what he does with Twitter. Burn the whole thing to the ground for all I care. 

we dont hate the middle

we hate people like you who claim to be moderate but do nothing but support far left policy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

we dont hate the middle

we hate people like you who claim to be moderate but do nothing but support far left policy

:thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

we dont hate the middle

Yeah- my wish for more deregulation and that welfare should be work based are super far left...

:rolleyes:

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

Yeah- my wish for more deregulation and that welfare should be work based are super far left...

:rolleyes:

your support of trans kids and grooming says all it needs