Utilit99

Twitter adopts 'poison pill' to prevent Elon Musk takeover

4 minutes ago, Reality said:

Nobody needed this confirmation but, Twitter is a shltshow. 

Wow. It’s worse than I thought. It’s Iike the participation trophy kids are running the place and all the employees are also participation trophy kids.  Somebody focked these kids up. They are broken. 

17 minutes ago, Reality said:

WOW!  Thanks for finding and posting that.

On 5/13/2022 at 3:27 PM, TimHauck said:

I think he may still want to buy it, just wants a better price.

Yup.

6 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Yup.

I was reading an article about why people should hold off on buying twitter, which was trending below Musk's offer price.  And the #1 reason was there was still a good chance Musk would not actually go through with the purchase.  And here we go.

On 5/16/2022 at 7:13 PM, Reality said:

Uhm,,,,thats a Republican talking point you white supremacist you!!

I have to say, that the behaviors of those who lean left are pretty dark stuff. 

Twitter is a bot pool and a sewer. No wonder leftists want to hold on to it in it’s present form.  

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Twitter is a bot pool and a sewer. No wonder leftists want to hold on to it in it’s present form.  

Yeah, Elon is really exposing what everybody thought Twitter might be. The last thing they wanted was having the curtains pulled back.

The audit, which was done for the social media giant by software firm SparkToro, found that 49.3% of the president’s followers are “fake followers,” according to Newsweek.

SparkToro has defined “fake followers” as “accounts that are unreachable and will not see the account’s tweets (either because they’re spam, bots, propaganda, etc. or because they’re no longer active on Twitter).”

51 minutes ago, Reality said:

Yeah, Elon is really exposing what everybody thought Twitter might be. The last thing they wanted was having the curtains pulled back.

It shows his brilliance.  It could lower the value and perhaps help him, I think if he backs out it would cost him what like a billion?  I wonder what he is up to. This guy is two moves ahead of everyone

3 minutes ago, RLLD said:

It shows his brilliance.  It could lower the value and perhaps help him, I think if he backs out it would cost him what like a billion?  I wonder what he is up to. This guy is two moves ahead of everyone

He isn't paying a dime to walk out.  Twitter's fraudulant SEC filings sealed that deal.  You notice that no one on the twitter side of things is saying a word.  They are lawyering up. 

3 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

He isn't paying a dime to walk out.  Twitter's fraudulant SEC filings sealed that deal.  You notice that no one on the twitter side of things is saying a word.  They are lawyering up. 

It was as if he knew what he was doing would force them to change those algorithms and they would out themselves. I love it. 

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

It was as if he knew what he was doing would force them to change those algorithms and they would out themselves. I love it. 

You're quote about being 2 moves ahead was conservative.  Of course twitter libs are about 5 moves behind so it's tough to do that math.

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

The audit, which was done for the social media giant by software firm SparkToro, found that 49.3% of the president’s followers are “fake followers,” according to Newsweek.

SparkToro has defined “fake followers” as “accounts that are unreachable and will not see the account’s tweets (either because they’re spam, bots, propaganda, etc. or because they’re no longer active on Twitter).”

Well, a lot of his voters were fake too. Just like his hair plugs. 

Elon should back out, he's the richest man in the world but $44 billion will cut quite a bit into his wealth and it's a stupid overpriced amount for focking Twitter.

47 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

You're quote about being 2 moves ahead was conservative.  Of course twitter libs are about 5 moves behind so it's tough to do that math.

If you haven't done so already - you have to see the Twitter interaction this past week between Twitter CEO Agarwal and Musk.    With just 2-3 tweet responses Musk absolutely wrecks that guy and shows that he has no business running a major company like that.         

I found this elsewhere on the internet and thought it would be good here too. Hopefully your internal monologue can impersonate Johnny Cash as you read it.

I… hurt my stock today
To sabotage my deal
Focus on the price
the only thing that's real

The NDA tears a hole
the old familiar sting
Try to tweet it all away
but the media remembers everything

What have I become
my scam-filled friend
every promise I make goes away
in the end

and you could preorder it all
my empire of scams
I will let you down
I will make you hurt

Looks like $ trumps wokism. They want their $ now after realizing that the woketard infested clusterfock company may get exposed for being a leftist bot infested POS.

10 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

S&P pulls Tesla off stock market

No.  They removed them from their ESG index.  TSLA is still a traded stock on the market.

Tesla pulled from "woke" index.  

Apple rated very high, despite using slave labor and not paying taxes, because they use very little plastic in packaging. :lol:

4 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

From the link:

"Musk's account has more than 93.3 million followers and SparkToro's tool found that 70.2 percent of those accounts are fake."

"SparkToro defines fake followers as "accounts that are unreachable and will not see the account's tweets (either because they're spam, bots, propaganda, etc. or because they're no longer active on Twitter)."

I'm sure that still leaves the bot # higher than 5%, but just pointing out that it doesn't seem to be a case of "all the fake accounts follow liberals"

27 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Tesla pulled from "woke" index.  

Apple rated very high, despite using slave labor and not paying taxes, because they use very little plastic in packaging. :lol:

💥

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

And...there it is.  You knew something like this was coming.

Clockwork. Also, doesn’t matter. He’s not running for anything. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Clockwork. Also, doesn’t matter. He’s not running for anything. 

Rest assured that the Democrat cronies across the media and also the FBI/DOJ will come after him no matter what. 

I know he is smart and so far has done well, I just worry what these people are capable of doing. 

yup.  the second he started openly criticizijg anything on the left, i figured a scandal was coming.  they probably dug and dug to find someone to be a whistleblower.

Elon Musk threatens to walk away from Twitter deal

Elon Musk issued his most direct threat yet to walk away from his purchase of Twitter (TWTR) on Monday, openly accusing the social media company of breaching the merger agreement by not providing the data he has requested on spam and fake accounts.

In a letter to Twitter's head of legal, policy and trust, Vijaya Gadde, Musk alleged that Twitter is "actively resisting and thwarting his information rights" as outlined by the deal.

Elon Musk's bumpy road to possibly owning Twitter: A timeline

"This is a clear material breach of Twitter's obligations under the merger agreement and Mr. Musk reserves all rights resulting therefrom, including his right not to consummate the transaction and his right to terminate the merger agreement," an attorney representing Musk wrote to the company.

Musk has demanded that Twitter turn over information about its testing methodologies to support its claims that bots and fake accounts constitute less than 5% of the platform's active user base, a figure the company has consistently stated for years in boilerplate public disclosures. Musk has also called for doing his own independent assessment based on Twitter data.

The company also said it intends to "close the transaction and enforce the merger agreement at the agreed price and terms."

Musk has alleged that the true number of spam accounts is likely much more, potentially as high as 90%. Musk has previously said the acquisition "cannot move forward" until the company provides "proof" of its spam metric.

He's going to make any excuse to back out of the deal and not pay a penalty.  He might get to walk away, but it's going to cost him plenty, IMO.

9 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

He's going to make any excuse to back out of the deal and not pay a penalty.  He might get to walk away, but it's going to cost him plenty, IMO.

Unsure of the financials, but it's going to end up in a courtroom, and who is going to pay is undetermined.  Twitter made SEC filings, either they are correct or they aren't. 

Misrepresenting your user base is probably a big deal.  Not sure how anybody would possibly have an issue with Musk wanting to uncover the truth before purchase but, ya know, politics and stuff.

reading between the lines here,

methinks the repubtards need to STFU ASAP.

1 hour ago, taco breath said:

reading between the lines here,

methinks the repubtards need to STFU ASAP.

BK bottom bun representative has spoken.

3 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

lets look at it like this 

you make an agreement to buy 10000 widgets for X amount of dollars

you show up to do the purchase and they only have 6000 widgets

the transaction is invalid and voidable

14 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

You will have to explain to honcho what a widget is for him to understand that.

He’s not going to pay a dime of that  Billion he’s supposed to if he pulls out. Twitter is screwed. 

5 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

You will have to explain to honcho what a widget is for him to understand that.

A white midget?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I don't disagree at all, IF he can prove it.  The entire value of Twitter is the users and if they aren't what is claimed than it's not worth anywhere near what they want.  That being said--how is he going to prove otherwise, he's making statements that 90% of their users are bots, but the only data he can get is from Twitter.  So when he says 90% are fake and they are saying it's less than 5% and the only information is coming from Twitter it just sounds like he's making excuses to get out of the deal. 

Musk has demanded that Twitter turn over information about its testing methodologies to support its claims that bots and fake accounts constitute less than 5% of the platform's active user base, a figure the company has consistently stated for years in boilerplate public disclosures. Musk has also called for doing his own independent assessment based on Twitter data.

Shares of Twitter fell 5% in early trading Monday. Even before the latest development, Twitter stock was trading well below Musk's takeover offer of $54.20 per share, likely indicating investor skepticism about the deal going through.

Twitter's CEO, Parag Agrawal, has stood by his company's longtime spam metric. In a statement Monday, the company said: "Twitter has and will continue to cooperatively share information with Mr. Musk to consummate the transaction in accordance with the terms of the merger agreement."

Even giving Musk the benefit of the doubt that Twitter's numbers are wrong, at this point since there hasn't been any independent assessment, he has no clue if he's right or wrong, he's just spouting off, and him saying stuff like that makes me think he's decided he is not at all interested in the company anymore and is trying to get out of the deal(which I think he should do, Twitter is not worth the 40B price). 

Clearly, like everyone on Wall Street, I'm just speculating to his intentions, but that's the way I see it. Personally, I think he should bite the bullet, pay the billion dollars(what I read if he wants out of the deal) and run like hell.  He would end up way end in the long term.