Utilit99

Twitter adopts 'poison pill' to prevent Elon Musk takeover

18 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So it’s been confirmed that the FBI interfered directly with an election. And liberals are ok worth this. 

Centrists, but yes. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

But, but, we don't have something like the following email:

So obviously it didn't happen.  Because this email was not in the Taibbi drop.  Get with the program, comrade.

And don't forget Jerry, the FBI had the laptop for over a year at that time.  They knew the contents on it was real AND no longer owned by Hunter.

So for the libs make-believe scenario you have to convince yourself that they were talking about some other hacked information about Hunter Biden.  

10 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Oh now we're onto the FBI directly interfered with an election. :lol:

Let me know when we get to Hunter Biden killed JFK.

Hey---there motto is "when all else fails, just lie until people believe it's true".  

Wait, people think the FBI didn’t interfere in the election? Wow. I guess they are unaware that the FBI had access to the laptop before the election. Then told big tech it was most likely a hack job. 

36 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So it’s been confirmed that the FBI interfered directly with an election. And liberals are ok worth this. 

Absolutely.  As long as they are not on video stating, "hey look, we are interfering with the election and breaking the law" they are all good with it.  And even then, if it is from a right-wing source, it can be ignored since they are all frauds.  There is not once ounce of integrity in modern leftists.

Just now, jonmx said:

Absolutely.  As long as they are not on video stating, "hey look, we are interfering with the election and breaking the law" they are all good with it.  And even then, if it is from a right-wing source, it can be ignored since they are all frauds.  There is not once ounce of integrity in modern leftists.

Same people that get mad when fox reports on crime, and has the audacity to show it happening on video. 

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

But but....the FBI guy said they met with private companies to warn of potential Russian disinformation campaigns...Those meetings were initially quarterly, then monthly, then weekly heading into the presidential election between former President Donald Trump and now President Biden. According to a source, Chan testified that in those multiple, separate meetings, the FBI warned the social media companies that there could be potentially Russian "hack and dump" or "hack and leak" operations....the FBI regularly sends social media companies lists of internet URLs and social media accounts that should be taken down because they are "disinformation" from "malign foreign influence operations." The FBI then inquires whether the platforms have taken down the content. On many occasions, the platforms take down the accounts flagged by the FBI.

But you know....the FBI did something that Trump didn't like, he complained, so now it's some massive governmental conspiracy.

And if you try to offer up the logical position of- maybe we need to see some more evidence of something before we freak out....you are a raging liberal. 

Now that we know this was going on with Twitter/Facebook and the FBI,  can you imagine what google was up to? I’m betting the NSA got in on that action. Conspiracy theory! 

6 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

But but....the FBI guy said they met with private companies to warn of potential Russian disinformation campaigns...Those meetings were initially quarterly, then monthly, then weekly heading into the presidential election between former President Donald Trump and now President Biden. According to a source, Chan testified that in those multiple, separate meetings, the FBI warned the social media companies that there could be potentially Russian "hack and dump" or "hack and leak" operations....the FBI regularly sends social media companies lists of internet URLs and social media accounts that should be taken down because they are "disinformation" from "malign foreign influence operations." The FBI then inquires whether the platforms have taken down the content. On many occasions, the platforms take down the accounts flagged by the FBI.

But you know....the FBI did something that Trump didn't like, he complained, so now it's some massive governmental conspiracy.

And if you try to offer up the logical position of- maybe we need to see some more evidence of something before we freak out....you are a raging liberal.

For fok sake man.  Let me slim down your own post:

the FBI regularly sends social media companies lists of internet URLs and social media accounts that should be taken down because they are "disinformation" from "malign foreign influence operations.

The FBI had the laptop for over a year and knew it was genuine, i.e. not disinformation.   

Get it now?

1 minute ago, Horseman said:

For fok sake man.  Let me slim down your own post:

The FBI had the laptop for over a year and knew it was genuine, i.e. not disinformation.   

Get it now?

Nope. They don’t. Actually, they won’t. Some of them are still going with the both sides bullshit. 

Speaking of the laptop, did we ever find the smoking gun or at least get those Hunter Biden cack pics I was promised? 

You’ve got the Big Guy now! :doublethumbsup: 

14 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

If you recognize that there is a lot of smoke here and hoping to find the fire, that's fine, just recognize that the faux email I proposed probably doesn't exist.  So you'll likely find yourself dying of smoke inhalation while insisting there is no fire.

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

If you recognize that there is a lot of smoke here and hoping to find the fire, that's fine, just recognize that the faux email I proposed probably doesn't exist.  So you'll likely find yourself dying of smoke inhalation while insisting there is no fire.

Look I said from the beginning there are very problematic aspects to all of this. And I said from the beginning when stuff is uncovered and put through the process and found out then people need to be held accountable. The FBI agent said they met with Twitter and the like but also that it has essentially been standard operating procedure for a long time. It is reasonable then to say "Well, let's wait and see what specific evidence or claims they come out with." I'm not expecting some hypothetical e-mail or that but rather if there is evidence of it- it will find it's way to the light. And if/when it does I'll happily castigate the people over it. I'd venture a guess that you guys wouldn't issue a mea culpa if nothing came out because you've already determined there is a there, there.

Sorry that saying "wait for more evidence" is controversial to you all. 

• Haha 1

So then Musk clearly intends to slowly release this stuff over time and perhaps the later information is more telling. I think at this time what we appear to really have is enough awareness to know that the FBI acted illegally to suppress the laptop, and that means that it must be pretty damaging to Biden if they did all this stuff to keep it suppressed. 

3 minutes ago, RLLD said:

that means that it must be pretty damaging to Biden if they did all this stuff to keep it suppressed. 

Kinda like how only a guilty person takes the 5th?

Just now, Shooter McGavin said:

Kinda like how only a guilty person takes the 5th?

No, that would be if Biden himself did it.  Instead we have the FBI getting the laptop and then two outcomes.1) The are completely inept at their job and misinterpreted the content or 2) they have skill at their profession and appropriately interpreted the laptop, and then worked diligently to get ahead of it and make sure it was suppressed to ensure Trump lost and Biden won.

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

No, that would be if Biden himself did it.  Instead we have the FBI getting the laptop and then two outcomes.1) The are completely inept at their job and misinterpreted the content or 2) they have skill at their profession and appropriately interpreted the laptop, and then worked diligently to get ahead of it and make sure it was suppressed to ensure Trump lost and Biden won.

Or they didn't want false rumors to spread about it, because there wasn't really anything on the laptop anyway, and regardless of twitter, the story was available for any and all to read anyway, and it turns out didn't cause Biden to lose.

But cool story bro.  Fan fiction at it's finest.

6 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Respectfully, I don't think that at least 3.53 million people vote differently because of Hunter Biden's laptop.

3 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Or they didn't want false rumors to spread about it, because there wasn't really anything on the laptop anyway, and regardless of twitter, the story was available for any and all to read anyway, and it turns out didn't cause Biden to lose.

But cool story bro.  Fan fiction at it's finest.

See this is where things seem to go awry.  On the one hand you have the FBI faking a FISA warrant to be able to investigate a President so as to make sure he is above board.  They were doing their job of course, albeit dishonestly.  Then they get this laptop which was far more interesting than the fake story they knew was untrue to go after Trump, and then move ahead of the news to suppress it.  The distinction in approach I find curious. 

The FBI should be all over stuff like this and pursuing it thoroughly.

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

Respectfully, I don't think that at least 3.53 million people vote differently because of Hunter Biden's laptop.

I would tend to agree, and that begs the question.....why suppress it......the only logical conclusion then is that it had enough evidence to put at least Hunter in jail, and maybe Joe as well. 

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

It's hilarious that people think the only way to get political news is via twitter.

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I would tend to agree, and that begs the question.....why suppress it......the only logical conclusion then is that it had enough evidence to put at least Hunter in jail, and maybe Joe as well. 

or they don't want a bunch of rumors swirling on election eve and risk it losing it for them.

I heard rumors that there was child pron on it, I know real shocker coming from the right.

Why did Trump want damaging stuff off Twitter?  Same reason Biden did.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

We could assume they were cognizant of perhaps some Russian interference in the election and were warning against it.

We could assume they wanted to verify information on the laptop as it would be an item of interest if it did truly include evidence of any kind of collusion between the Biden family and other actors.

We could assume there is nothing there that rises to the level some people want to believe it does.

We can also assume it is a massive cover-up to protect Biden and remove Trump from power.

Everyone is free to assign whatever percent value of likelihood  they want to all those scenarios

5 minutes ago, RLLD said:

To agree you would have to accept the 81 million. Hard stop there. 

2 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

or they don't want a bunch of rumors swirling on election eve and risk it losing it for them.

I heard rumors that there was child pron on it, I know real shocker coming from the right.

Why did Trump want damaging stuff off Twitter?  Same reason Biden did.

Perhaps.  But then there was no reason to pre-load the news cycle the way they did, not to enlist the bevy of former agents to pre-explain it they way they did.  If you take a step back and look at how they tried to refute it before and after the election, it seems they had a healthy fear of the potential for this device to impugn the president before and after the election. 

1 hour ago, Sean Mooney said:

Logical position my arse.  There was not legitimate reason to blackout the Hunter laptop story, and everyone knew it.   It was 100 percent pure censorship design to save the Biden's blundering campaign.  This is the very reason we have a First Amendment to stop crap like this.  But you hate freedom.  And BTW, government declaring things disinformation is what authoritarian dictatorships do, not a free society.  

1 minute ago, jonmx said:

Logical position my arse.  There was not legitimate reason to blackout the Hunter laptop story, and everyone knew it.   It was 100 percent pure censorship design to save the Biden's blundering campaign.  This is the very reason we have a First Amendment to stop crap like this.  But you hate freedom.  

Cool story bro

3 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

We could assume they were cognizant of perhaps some Russian interference in the election and were warning against it.

We could assume they wanted to verify information on the laptop as it would be an item of interest if it did truly include evidence of any kind of collusion between the Biden family and other actors.

We could assume there is nothing there that rises to the level some people want to believe it does.

We can also assume it is a massive cover-up to protect Biden and remove Trump from power.

Everyone is free to assign whatever percent value of likelihood  they want to all those scenarios

Yes, but why go tot he news organizations and suggest to them to be on the watch for things about Hunter Biden in October and ask them to be wary. And then why enlist all those agents after the fact to call it misinformation, it really rings of a fear they had about this device. 

And we now know it to be real, but only because of ongoing diligent efforts to do so.  The FBI are supposed to be the experts, but apparently could not assess this thing for months?

Does that level of performance inspire confidence in you about their ability to act on our behalf?

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

Perhaps.  But then there was no reason to pre-load the news cycle the way they did, not to enlist the bevy of former agents to pre-explain it they way they did.  If you take a step back and look at how they tried to refute it before and after the election, it seems they had a healthy fear of the potential for this device to impugn the president before and after the election. 

We're saying the same thing.  I agree that they didn't want the story spread on twitter because they want to lessen the negative impact of the story.

5 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

To agree you would have to accept the 81 million. Hard stop there. 

Right, I get that. I am pretty sure there was election cheating, i think there is on both sides every cycle, whether it rose to the level of swinging the election we cannot know. But of course that many people did not vote for Biden.

2 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Logical position my arse.  There was not legitimate reason to blackout the Hunter laptop story, and everyone knew it.   It was 100 percent pure censorship design to save the Biden's blundering campaign.  This is the very reason we have a First Amendment to stop crap like this.  But you hate freedom.  

So you want the govt to force twitter to host any content that any user wants to share?

We're saying the same thing.  I agree that they didn't want the story spread on twitter because they want to lessen the negative impact of the story.

OK.  That's cool.

My take away here is that I am relying on them to protect us, not unlike they did in going after Trump.  That they were so allowing with Biden bothers me, what else are they allowing him and the other Democrats to then be getting away with?

All I ask is that they go after Democrat candidates with the same zeal as Republican ones. Hell, I want Republicans in power in a small part because i feel confident the FBI and others will then do their jobs to protect us. 

So you want the govt to force twitter to host any content that any user wants to share?

Not if it clearly illegal.   Nobody ever alledged the New York Post did anything illegal.  

7 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Cool story bro

You and leftists buddies clearly don't give a rats ass about freedom of speech.  You want your safe places to be free from any information that contradicts all your asinine positions or goes against your agenda.  The whole reason to hate Musk is because you do not buy into the open exchange of ideas.  

2 minutes ago, jonmx said:

You and leftists buddies clearly don't give a rats ass about freedom of speech.  You want your safe places to be free from any information that contradicts all your asinine positions or goes against your agenda.  The whole reason to hate Musk is because you do not buy into the open exchange of ideas.  

Cool story bro. 

Can you let me know when you are done writing fan fiction?

13 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Yes, but why go tot he news organizations and suggest to them to be on the watch for things about Hunter Biden in October and ask them to be wary. And then why enlist all those agents after the fact to call it misinformation, it really rings of a fear they had about this device. 

And we now know it to be real, but only because of ongoing diligent efforts to do so.  The FBI are supposed to be the experts, but apparently could not assess this thing for months?

Does that level of performance inspire confidence in you about their ability to act on our behalf?

Do you think the FBI had nothing to do with what has ultimately been found to be legitimate on the device?

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

Do you think the FBI had nothing to do with what has ultimately been found to be legitimate on the device?

I suggest that the FBI is better than this.  I suggest they knew much earlier but were acting to protect a Democrat. I think the FBI has very good people who are skilled and capable and who brought the right information to FBI leadership, but FBI leadership is corrupt and hid what they knew to be true to avoid problems for those in government they wanted to protect.

I think FBI leadership failed us, is corrupt and I hope we can catch them in some way and I hope they go to jail. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jonmx said:

:lol:

We have an open exchange of ideas here, and we're obviously all for it, well maybe some that aren't, the ones that report others, but I digress.

So yes, I support and open exchange of ideas.  The problem is human nature.  There are pieces of sh1t in society, and on this board, that will lie about anything and everything, and push it as fact.  Tardcore does this.  I think you do also but not 100% sure.  So what happens, these trolls bring this place down.

So what do we do?  A company like twitter wants to moderate the BS and not turn their platform into a cesspool.  It sounds like you want to the govt to force them to spread anything not illegal.  I don't think the govt should have that kind of control over private business.  I'm sure you don't either but you're kinda talking in circles because you're lost.

Anyway, yeah, cool story bro.