Jump to content
Gepetto

***Official*** 2022 NBA Playoffs thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, edjr said:

Last 17 NBA playoff games.  Average margin of Victory 19.8 :lol: 

Product sucks

I thought the refs were supposed to keep these things close? Jesus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

I agree. I thought maybe Boston could hang but they’re having a tough time against Miami and Miami would get slaughtered in the finals

GS is playing well, but Dallas is not a complete team, Memphis was without Ja, and Denver was without Murray. Even full, which one of those teams play any D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, people still watch the NBA?

it jumped the shark in the 90's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Big Guy said:

Wow, people still watch the NBA?

it jumped the shark in the 90's

ratings have collapsed in the US but it survives and even thrives by going global to make up for it.  if trends continue, the league might even uproot and put all its teams in china or something 30 years from now.  altho its more likely the chinas own basketball league will eventually displace the nba as the top league. the celtics and lakers would still exist but theyd be AAA or AA.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JustinCharge said:

ratings have collapsed in the US but it survives and even thrives by going global to make up for it.  if trends continue, the league might even uproot and put all its teams in china or something 30 years from now.  altho its more likely the chinas own basketball league will eventually displace the nba as the top league. the celtics and lakers would still exist but theyd be AAA or AA.

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2022 at 1:33 PM, IGotWorms said:

I thought the refs were supposed to keep these things close? Jesus

Refs tried to keep the Heat in game 7 last night.  The fix was in, but to no avail.  The Heat can't throw a free throw in the ocean from the pier.  Like watching Hillary lose to Trump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Celtics up 13 with 3:30 to go. Marcus smart shoots last 7 celtics shots including jacking up 3, 3's  (misses them all) and they almost lose the game :doh:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, BudBro said:

Refs tried to keep the Heat in game 7 last night.  The fix was in, but to no avail.  The Heat can't throw a free throw in the ocean from the pier.  Like watching Hillary lose to Trump.

The league has zero interest in Miami making the finals. Would be a ratings disaster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, edjr said:

Celtics up 13 with 3:30 to go. Marcus smart shoots last 7 celtics shots including jacking up 3, 3's  (misses them all) and they almost lose the game :doh:

 

If Smart was as good as 'he' thinks he is, he'd be Michael Jordan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Reality said:

If Smart was as good as 'he' thinks he is, he'd be Michael Jordan.

he needs to go. He was the single reason they were a .500 team in December. He decided to facilitate and stop shooting, until the playoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Smart was 8 for 22. 5 for 6 from the line. 24 pts. 9 boards. 5 Assists. Yes, the misses at the end were brutal. But the Cs do not win that game without him. He was without a doubt the 5th best player on the floor all game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kyrie Irving got screwed.  The guy is an all star every year and a joy to watch play.  Kyrie hit several clutch shots including the game winning shot to get Cleveland and Lebron a championship.  Gets run out of Boston and now the Celtics make the finals and you have guy on SiriusXM NBA radio saying the Celtics would be a worse team this year with Kyrie.  What a joke.  I hope Marcus Smart costs the Celtics the Finals.  Guy is completely overrated and a liability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Basketball geeks, who wins this series?

I don't watch any NBA.  But am contemplating parlaying the Warriors with something else pwrhaps boxing this weekend.  I see Warriors-150 to win thr series.  I am seeing many analysts taking the Celtics.  Is the line correct?  I figured Warriors would be a little bigger favorite.   Tatum seems like a flake and in the NBA it seems like defense will eventually succumb to offense.

Am I not giving the celtics enough credit?  They just went 7 games and read Butler was injured all series.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Basketball geeks, who wins this series?

I don't watch any NBA.  But am contemplating parlaying the Warriors with something else pwrhaps boxing this weekend.  I see Warriors-150 to win thr series.  I am seeing many analysts taking the Celtics.  Is the line correct?  I figured Warriors would be a little bigger favorite.   Tatum seems like a flake and in the NBA it seems like defense will eventually succumb to offense.

Am I not giving the celtics enough credit?  They just went 7 games and read Butler was injured all series.  

The Celtics are for real. GSW may win but it won’t be a walk in the park. I wouldn’t want to bet this one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Basketball geeks, who wins this series?

I don't watch any NBA.  But am contemplating parlaying the Warriors with something else pwrhaps boxing this weekend.  I see Warriors-150 to win thr series.  I am seeing many analysts taking the Celtics.  Is the line correct?  I figured Warriors would be a little bigger favorite.   Tatum seems like a flake and in the NBA it seems like defense will eventually succumb to offense.

Am I not giving the celtics enough credit?  They just went 7 games and read Butler was injured all series.  

I don’t think you’re giving the Celtics enough credit. They have plenty of offense if their own and Tatum is no flake. Not saying they will win but they have been one of if not the best teams since the second half of the season and I’d probably prefer to bet them at plus odds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2022 at 2:22 AM, Gepetto said:

Kyrie Irving got screwed.  The guy is an all star every year and a joy to watch play.  Kyrie hit several clutch shots including the game winning shot to get Cleveland and Lebron a championship.  Gets run out of Boston and now the Celtics make the finals and you have guy on SiriusXM NBA radio saying the Celtics would be a worse team this year with Kyrie.  What a joke.  I hope Marcus Smart costs the Celtics the Finals.  Guy is completely overrated and a liability.

Assuming this is not sarcasm, while Kyrie is very good even all these years after the Cleveland title, it’s no stretch to say Boston would have been worse with him this year. To say otherwise would be to just pretend his relationship with Boston and the fans is magically repaired and that he fits with Tatum, Brown, Smart and the coaching. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I don’t think you’re giving the Celtics enough credit. They have plenty of offense if their own and Tatum is no flake. Not saying they will win but they have been one of if not the best teams since the second half of the season and I’d probably prefer to bet them at plus odds. 

I am probably on thr very square side as I don't watch.  Perhaps I will stay away.  

Tatum seems like a generic brand star player.  Seems to fill up the stat sheet but then disappear sometimes.  

Ah well I think I will stay away and maybe bet individual games rather than the series since the NBA can get predictable with trading wins. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GSW in 5. They have more big game (i.e.  Finals) experience. The Celts will blow at least 2 late game leads. I'll be rooting for them, but I don't see it happening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2022 at 2:22 AM, Gepetto said:

Kyrie Irving got screwed.  The guy is an all star every year and a joy to watch play.  Kyrie hit several clutch shots including the game winning shot to get Cleveland and Lebron a championship.  Gets run out of Boston and now the Celtics make the finals and you have guy on SiriusXM NBA radio saying the Celtics would be a worse team this year with Kyrie.  What a joke.  I hope Marcus Smart costs the Celtics the Finals.  Guy is completely overrated and a liability.

this is ignorant. Kyrie did not get run out of Boston. He ran. I was psyched when we got him, and he was incredible that first half season. but then he hurt his knee and the young Cs went all the way to the ECF, losing game 7 to the Cavs. When Kyrie came back next season, he couldn't lead that team, cause he was a baby. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously a Cs homer here, so I will take them to win, but it is coin flip to me. Just about anything is possible. I will go Cs in 6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same here, I hope they win it at home in 6, but no way I'm putting money on that.

It's funny, all the sports radio talk and other chatter talking up the Celts just seems like it's going overboard to make it seem like they're the superior team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Celtics needed a missed buzzer beater from Butler and an injury riddled Heat team to advance. I wouldn't trust this Celtics team at all.

Good luck putting any cash on them, you're gonna need it.

Warriors get bored and give 2 away, GS in 6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

Same here, I hope they win it at home in 6, but no way I'm putting money on that.

It's funny, all the sports radio talk and other chatter talking up the Celts just seems like it's going overboard to make it seem like they're the superior team.

I think they are the Superior team..barely, by way of how they played since Jan. They are the best team in the league since then. GS has had a bit of a cakewalk in the playoffs. Cs had 3 high quality opponents, but they did also look shaky against the Heat. Cs match up great against GS. They won't be able exploit D switches the way Butler did. GS has the Champ pedigree though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Herbivore said:

I think they are the Superior team..barely, by way of how they played since Jan. They are the best team in the league since then. GS has had a bit of a cakewalk in the playoffs. Cs had 3 high quality opponents, but they did also look shaky against the Heat. Cs match up great against GS. They won't be able exploit D switches the way Butler did. GS has the Champ pedigree though.

Well, I hope you're right :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warriors in 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a fan of either team, but pulling for Al Horford and against the clown Draymond.

Big win tonight. Winning game one as the visitor team is pretty big. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MDC said:

The Celtics are for real. GSW may win but it won’t be a walk in the park. I wouldn’t want to bet this one. 

This guy knows. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great win by the Cs. Another great game by Marcus. In 6 is looking good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tatum is indeed a flake.  But glad you guys talked me off GS.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Gladiators said:

 Nailed it.

4?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Al Horford leads the team in scoring.. GS should be embarrassed to lose to them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, edjr said:

Al Horford leads the team in scoring.. GS should be embarrassed to lose to them

Was very odd, completely folded in the 4th. While Tatum was a complete no-show and they couldn't leave Smart on the floor. Really odd game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking Good Cs! GSW gets 56 out of Curry and Klay, pretty good game out of Wiggins, and lose by 16. Draymonds antics are going nowhere. Tatum snapped out of a funk, another great game by Marcus, and Jaylen carried them early. Cs in 6 still looking good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I appreciate the greatness of Curry - freak shooter. 

But his team scores 12 and 11 pts. in the 4th quarters (respectively) in the 2 games they lost in the NBA Finals? 

We can put this Curry in the top 10 all-time greats convo to bed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×