Nomad99

Boom! Disney getting canceled 🤣😅

Like most corps they have been living off out teet for decades.  Nice to get some back.  Maybe.

I'm not so sure this is a good thing.  According to this article, Disney is paying about $550M annually in taxes to the two counties it resides in as well as the to the state.  If Crowder is right, they state would get an extra $200M, but apparently, "If the RCID were eliminated, control of the 40+ square miles owned by Walt Disney World would go back to the two counties it straddles – Osceola and Orange. They would have to provide the fire protection, emergency medical services, permitting services and other governance that Disney now does for itself.

And they would be doing it without more tax money."

I always thought that Disney was always doing the state of Florida a huge favor in taking on costs like this, to which they could very easily with the money they bring in.  Something tells me that this is a very bad idea for the state and a non-issue for Disney.

11 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'm not so sure this is a good thing.  According to this article, Disney is paying about $550M annually in taxes to the two counties it resides in as well as the to the state.  If Crowder is right, they state would get an extra $200M, but apparently, "If the RCID were eliminated, control of the 40+ square miles owned by Walt Disney World would go back to the two counties it straddles – Osceola and Orange. They would have to provide the fire protection, emergency medical services, permitting services and other governance that Disney now does for itself.

I always thought that Disney was always doing the state of Florida a huge favor in taking on costs like this, to which they could very easily with the money they bring in.  Something tells me that this is a very bad idea for the state and a non-issue for Disney.

I’m sure Disney gets to deduct those costs from their tax bill. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’m sure Disney gets to deduct those costs from their tax bill. 

Do you think it's equal to the amount that the counties or towns it sits in would need to spend to take over those services?  I don't.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Do you think it's equal to the amount that the counties or towns it sits in would need to spend to take over those services?  I don't.

I don’t know exactly, but Desantis and the state senate seem to think they’ll be ok. Perhaps being non woke is a bigger draw to Florida than Disney is. 

• Like 1

If there is one thing Republicans understand is money and jobs. Disney is not canceled. 

3 hours ago, peenie said:

If there is one thing Republicans understand is money and jobs. Disney is not canceled. 

This.  Looks like “political theater” to distract from him gerrymandering congressional districts:

3 hours ago, peenie said:

Another thing Republicans understand....reading what was posted & understanding it was talking about the tax break & not the company being canceled. Maybe stick to deleting posts, reading & comprehension isn't your strong suit.

19 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

This.  Looks like “political theater” to distract from him gerrymandering congressional districts:

Liberals never do that. Focking liberals double up on it though. They lie about the republicans doing it, while they do it themselves.  :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Good! 

10 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I assume the NYT is headed to Maryland next? Probably not. :lol:

19 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

I assume the NYT is headed to Maryland next? Probably not. :lol:

Cool whataboutism, why don’t you start a thread about that 

Disney isn’t going anywhere. They focked up. 

14 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

It's all about Desantis being butt hurt about his gay bill.  That and this keeps republicans talking about the big evil Disney and not the real problems with Florida that Desantis is ignoring.  Your all puppets.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don’t know exactly, but Desantis and the state senate seem to think they’ll be ok. Perhaps being non woke is a bigger draw to Florida than Disney is. 

Disney will survive long beyond DeSantis. And if Disney had said "This bill is fine" this wouldn't be an issue. It's clear you- and other dopes- only want people on your side rather than saying what they actually believe. 

2 minutes ago, vomit said:

It's all about Desantis being butt hurt about his gay bill.  That and this keeps republicans talking about the big evil Disney and not the real problems with Florida that Desantis is ignoring.  Your all puppets.

Yup. It's stupid too that the GOP puppets are cheering this. Another thing they don't seem to get- with Disney being a special district taxpayers who don’t benefit from the services of the special district aren’t required to pay for it through taxes....so this could backfire in a lot of ways to the taxpayers of Florida.

DeSantis is picking a dumb fight here. 

Also this slapfight might result in taxpayers being on the hook for $2B in debt :lol:

I really like watching the republican GOP play offense instead of defense. They already call us Nazi so we might as fight back against the child mutilators and groomer democrats.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, vomit said:

I'll take Examples of Irony for $500 Alex.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You have more faith in politician's than I do.  I think he's wrong on this one.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'll take Examples of Irony for $500 Alex.

Of course the democrats do it too.  At a national level, republicans are crying about trannies instead of focused on inflation.  Keep dancing.

11 hours ago, TimHauck said:

He shouldn't have to hide this.  It should be promoted.

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Cool whataboutism, why don’t you start a thread about that 

Pretty sure he's just calling out your (and their), hypocrisy.

5 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Pretty sure he's just calling out your (and their), hypocrisy.

It’s a whataboutism.  I didn’t start this thread.  Was just pointing out the potential real reason for the Disney stuff.

10 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

He shouldn't have to hide this.  It should be promoted.

So you think gerrymandering is good?  And for the record I don’t think it’s good when either party does it.

11 hours ago, Nomad99 said:

Another thing Republicans understand....reading what was posted & understanding it was talking about the tax break & not the company being canceled. Maybe stick to deleting posts, reading & comprehension isn't your strong suit.

Maybe you need to read the title of this thread again and realize that reading comprehension is in fact not YOUR strong suit.

1 hour ago, Sean Mooney said:

Disney will survive long beyond DeSantis. And if Disney had said "This bill is fine" this wouldn't be an issue. It's clear you- and other dopes- only want people on your side rather than saying what they actually believe. 

Yup. It's stupid too that the GOP puppets are cheering this. Another thing they don't seem to get- with Disney being a special district taxpayers who don’t benefit from the services of the special district aren’t required to pay for it through taxes....so this could backfire in a lot of ways to the taxpayers of Florida.

DeSantis is picking a dumb fight here. 

So I would be ok if Disney said it’s fine? Uh yeah.  But you see, I would rather they said nothing and stayed out of it and just counted their money. But they went there. Nice try though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

So you think gerrymandering is good?  And for the record I don’t think it’s good when either party does it.

For the record, you have only said anything when republicans do it. You moderates have to do better than this. 

• Confused 1

I recall reading in months past that this pursuit of tax status was already being reviewed, and not just for Disney, so this might be some political posturing on the part of DeSantis to make it look like he is striking back at Disney when in reality its more of him taking advantage of the moment.

That being said, if companies want to throw their political opinions into the world, then let them suffer the consequences, or they can simply be a business and do their thing, STFU and make money.  or perhaps they can lose money, I wonder if their investors will not start to take notice of the radical agenda and how it is impacting stock value and then shy away from these corrupt entities.

I love it that DeSantis is standing up for the 99% and defending parental rights. Thank god there are still sane people standing up for simple common sense. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Republicans finally found a corporate tax break they don’t like. :o 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, MDC said:

Republicans finally found a corporate tax break they don’t like. :o 

I know, the hypocrisy is unreal.

• Like 1

Liberals love big corporations controlling the government now. The hypocrisy is unreal. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Liberals love big corporations controlling the government now. The hypocrisy is unreal. 

I know, the hypocrisy is unreal.

46 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Is it good?  No, but we're past that point.  Every state and every county does it and it's been happening since Day 1.  You're naive if you don't think so.  You can't and won't stop it.  Politician's have gotten way too out of control with it and the media (which the vast majority of people live by), are pushing their agenda's.  Well personally, I'm done with it.  If a state is going to push hard to keep their beliefs in check, then I'm all for it.  I'd rather every state do that.  That way, I know if I have to move and where.

1 hour ago, vomit said:

Of course the democrats do it too.  At a national level, republicans are crying about trannies instead of focused on inflation.  Keep dancing.

There’s such a cornucopia of huge problems that Biden and the Dems are responsible for, it’s hard to decide which one to choose to focus on.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, vomit said:

It's funny that you thought my statement wasn't about you.  That said, Republican's have been talking about inflation for approximately 15 months.