Nomad99

Boom! Disney getting canceled 🤣😅

49 minutes ago, peenie said:

I know, the hypocrisy is unreal.

DeSantos is a particularly shameless grandstanding blowhard. He’ll do well in that primary.

25 minutes ago, MDC said:

DeSantos is a particularly shameless grandstanding blowhard. He’ll do well in that primary.

He is a politician, so yeah, I guess we could do listen to Biden blather on lying about his past and what not, but since they are politicians....y'know, its nice that you seem to get it though

4 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

I assume the NYT is headed to Maryland next? Probably not. :lol:

I guess you didn't want to start a new thread on this.

So here you go:

For those who can't get through the paywall like myself, here's a different article on the same story:

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/04/04/redistricting-maryland-hogan-congressional-map-00022904

So basically, looks like Dems proposed a gerrymandered map, it was vetoed, so they proposed a better one.

42 minutes ago, RLLD said:

He is a politician, so yeah, I guess we could do listen to Biden blather on lying about his past and what not, but since they are politicians....y'know, its nice that you seem to get it though

Yes, I for one get that they’re all hypocrites. One day maybe you’ll get it too. 👍🏻 

13 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

So basically, looks like Dems proposed a gerrymandered map, it was vetoed, so they proposed a better one.

Yeah, that's not really what happened.  The governor vetoed the map, but the Democrats had enough votes to kick it to the courts.  The judge is the one who said "No" and forced a better map.

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yeah, that's not really what happened.  The governor vetoed the map, but the Democrats had enough votes to kick it to the courts.  The judge is the one who said "No" and forced a better map.

Correct, it was vetoed by the judge.

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

For the record, you have only said anything when republicans do it. You moderates have to do better than this. 

This is the second time I've ever said the word gerrymandering in the GC.   The first was after I posted a senator's social media post about Afghanistan (nothing to do with gerrymandering) that I follow, and RaiderHatersRevenge said he didn't like the guy because he was "anti-gerrymandering," so I asked him if he thought gerrymandering was good and he said yes.

13 minutes ago, MDC said:

Yes, I for one get that they’re all hypocrites. One day maybe you’ll get it too. 👍🏻 

Yesterday, he argued with me that the stated job and responsibilities of a FBI director, weren't correct and substituted his own job description, so I wouldn't hold my breath about RLLD coming to terms with reality anytime soon.

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

This is the second time I've ever said the word gerrymandering in the GC.   The first was after I posted a senator's social media post about Afghanistan (nothing to do with gerrymandering) that I follow, and RaiderHatersRevenge said he didn't like the guy because he was "anti-gerrymandering," so I asked him if he thought gerrymandering was good and he said yes.

Exactly. 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Exactly. 

So basically this is the first time I've brought it up.  Which I did as a potential reason for why Desantis is seemingly picking a fight against Disney.   Try harder.

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

So basically this is the first time I've brought it up.  Which I did as a potential reason for why Desantis is seemingly picking a fight against Disney.   Try harder.

You’re batting a thousand. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You’re batting a thousand. 

Well I answered Timmy's question about Maryland.   Try harder.

28 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

to be clear, yes gerrymandering is good

on both sides

its been turned into a political weapon, but its a necessary process in order to keep each districts population equal giving equal representation

54 minutes ago, MDC said:

Your ability to pretend is something of a distinguishing characteristic. 

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Your ability to pretend is something of a distinguishing characteristic. 

Being a blowhard is yours, Cliffy. 👍🏻 

21 minutes ago, MDC said:

Being a blowhard is yours, Cliffy. 👍🏻 

Ahhh, yes, the personal attack, the hallmark of liberal behaviors.  Thank you for being predictable. 

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

Ahhh, yes, the personal attack, the hallmark of liberal behaviors.  Thank you for being predictable. 

Because you’re above personal attacks right Cliffy? :unsure: 

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Correct, it was vetoed by the judge.

And if the judge in Florida feels the same way as the one in Maryland, the result in FL will be the same.  In the end, there's only vitriol for conservatives in FL and none for liberals in MD.

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So I would be ok if Disney said it’s fine? Uh yeah.  But you see, I would rather they said nothing and stayed out of it and just counted their money. But they went there. Nice try though. 

See so you admit it isn't the nature of the company you care about- it's that they agree with you

14 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

And if the judge in Florida feels the same way as the one in Maryland, the result in FL will be the same.  In the end, there's only vitriol for conservatives in FL and none for liberals in MD.

I saw plenty of tweets complaining about gerrymandering in Maryland (and other dem states).

6 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I saw plenty of tweets complaining about gerrymandering in Maryland (and other dem states).

I saw none.

34 minutes ago, MDC said:

Because you’re above personal attacks right Cliffy? :unsure: 

I am not above responding in kind, but try to restrain regardless, to avoid lowering myself to exist at the level of people such as yourself. 

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

I am not above responding in kind, but try to restrain regardless, to avoid lowering myself to exist at the level of people such as yourself. 

I’d post numerous examples of your name calling but you’re such a waffling hypocrite that you’d worm out of it anyway. 👍🏻 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, MDC said:

I’d post numerous examples of your name calling but you’re such a waffling hypocrite that you’d worm out of it anyway. 👍🏻 

Hey thanks

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Interesting... all were AFTER the judgement, not before.  Was there a judgement yet in the Florida map?  Are any of them left-leaning groups... claiming that it wasn't right?

The other dumb thing here is- Disney gives to all politicians in Florida...DeSantis doing this and the other branches following him off the cliff seem to be pushing Disney to put their weight behind the left more

Also this will screw with people's taxes in Florida and hurt their pocketbooks. 

Again- just a dumb fight to pick and if this starts to go bad you know Trump is gonna use this against DeSantis in 2024. 

4 hours ago, peenie said:

Maybe you need to read the title of this thread again and realize that reading comprehension is in fact not YOUR strong suit.

Well....since I posted it, I kinda know what it was about. I can't help it if you choose to run your pie hole without doing the leg work. Common problem these days.....

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Interesting... all were AFTER the judgement, not before.  Was there a judgement yet in the Florida map?  Are any of them left-leaning groups... claiming that it wasn't right?

those were just the first ones that came up, I think they were all from like the last week.

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

those were just the first ones that came up, I think they were all from like the last week.

I stay away from instagram and twitter, so I don't really know what's on there.  That said, if everything is after the fact, then it's not really apples to apples with FL since the bill hasn't even made it to the governor yet for the judge to even give his stamp of approval.

3 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

See so you admit it isn't the nature of the company you care about- it's that they agree with you

No.  My first preference is they stay out of things. Reading comprehension isn’t  your jam, is it? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

The other dumb thing here is- Disney gives to all politicians in Florida...DeSantis doing this and the other branches following him off the cliff seem to be pushing Disney to put their weight behind the left more

Again- just a dumb fight to pick and if this starts to go bad you know Trump is gonna use this against DeSantis in 2024. 

I’m ok paying more taxes to take on woke.  Just like I’m supposed to be ok with paying more for gas and everything else to take on Putin! 

Looking forward to DeSantis making them beg. 

21 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

This is good news! 3 of the 4 congressional districts in those counties are liberal! Plus the Orlando area is full of illegals that Disney uses to do their grunt work and the rest of us pay for.  This is a good day! Makes me like RD even more.  Thanks Rusty Pimpadoosh! 

6 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

Disney giving dirty money to any politician that will do their bidding and turn a blind eye to their aggressive woke corporate talking points is baked in the cake. You need politicians of good character willing to say "no."

As for the effects of how it screws with the taxes in Florida and the local communities, I read this too. It may be true. It may also be the leftwing activist journalists serving their corporate overlords and blowing smoke at their political enemies. I hope the Florida politicians took it into consideration and gave this governance shift a good looking over. I really don't know enough to comment.

58 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

This is good news! 3 of the 4 congressional districts in those counties are liberal! Plus the Orlando area is full of illegals that Disney uses to do their grunt work and the rest of us pay for.  This is a good day! Makes me like RD even more.  Thanks Rusty Pimpadoosh! 

Do you live in FL?  I thought you lived in NY?

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

Do you live in FL?  I thought you lived in NY?

I live in NY. What’s your point? 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

I live in NY. What’s your point? 

You were talking about the Disney situation like it actually effected you.

Just now, TimHauck said:

You were talking about the Disney situation like it actually effected you.

The culture war affects us all.