Nomad99

Boom! Disney getting canceled 🤣😅

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Just to clarify , I never said they lost 3 million since the fight with Desantis. The enablers made that up. I say they lost subscribers before that, as well. 

It’s made up that Disney+ lost 3 million subscribers at any point.  That was talking about TV, not Disney+

54 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

It’s made up that Disney+ lost 3 million subscribers at any point.  That was talking about TV, not Disney+

I think what he's trying to go with now is that during the Disney+ lifetime, they have had 3 million people cancel their subscriptions.  No proof, but it's probably true, along with every other streaming service that ever existed.  He's trying anything to save face here.

6 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Let the markets speak for themselves.

When Disney looks at Lightyear, then compares it to Top Gun, there are lessons to be learned.

There are lessons- but they are not all necessarily what some here want them to be. First and foremost- it might not be a great idea to put out a 5th film in a franchise that people were already were saying didn't need a 4th film. There were plenty of stories written at the time the movie was announced up through the release that were basically questioning why an animated story about toys needed a prequel that was not animated in the same way. The film had a real lack of buzz too (no pun intended).

6 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Just to clarify , I never said they lost 3 million since the fight with Desantis. The enablers made that up. I say they lost subscribers before that, as well. 

You are so bad at trying to cover your tracks. Below is what you said and the conversation at the time and your argument afterwards clearly indicated you were arguing the decline came since Desantis. Just be honest for once. 

Posted Thursday at 01:56 PM

Disney + has lost over 3 million subscribers. How come? 

14 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I think what he's trying to go with now is that during the Disney+ lifetime, they have had 3 million people cancel their subscriptions.  No proof, but it's probably true, along with every other streaming service that ever existed.  He's trying anything to save face here.

I think what he is trying to do is swing wildly to try and get himself out of the lying corner he painted himself into. 

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Whatever. They lost millions. Not good. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

There are lessons- but they are not all necessarily what some here want them to be. First and foremost- it might not be a great idea to put out a 5th film in a franchise that people were already were saying didn't need a 4th film. There were plenty of stories written at the time the movie was announced up through the release that were basically questioning why an animated story about toys needed a prequel that was not animated in the same way. The film had a real lack of buzz too (no pun intended).

You are so bad at trying to cover your tracks. Below is what you said and the conversation at the time and your argument afterwards clearly indicated you were arguing the decline came since Desantis. Just be honest for once. 

Posted Thursday at 01:56 PM

Disney + has lost over 3 million subscribers. How come? 

You’re wrong. The news piece I read covered prior to the Desantis thing. I

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You’re wrong. The news piece I read covered prior to the Desantis thing. I

It's okay to just admit you were wrong dude. 

3 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

It's okay to just admit you were wrong dude. 

I was wrong about it being just Disney plus.  They lost subscribers everywhere.  

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

And losing TV viewers would be because of cord cutters and all that....so that isn't "Go woke, go broke" either....you agree?

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

And losing TV viewers would be because of cord cutters and all that....so that isn't "Go woke, go broke" either....you agree?

Part of it , I agree. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Part of it , I agree. 

That wasn't so hard, congrats.

Just now, GutterBoy said:

That wasn't so hard, congrats.

I’ve been consistent on the subject. You can look it up.  

On 6/17/2022 at 9:48 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Of course not.  They are too big to be canceled. But they are going to leave a lot of money on the table. 

Bump

On 6/17/2022 at 9:19 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

No evidence? None at all? Of course there are other factors, but I don’t know of a “boycott Dollywood “ movement. There is a “boycott Disney “ one though. Plus China. 

Bump

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So, just normal business.

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Part of it , I agree. 

You could've saved this thread a number of pages. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’ve been consistent on the subject. You can look it up.  

Consistently all over the place- yes. 

10 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

You could've saved this thread a number of pages. 

Consistently all over the place- yes. 

You guys just can't leave well enough alone, can you?  HT admitted he was wrong and that wasn't enough and you had to push it even further.

This is why we can't have nice things.  Give an inch and then you guys want a mile.  Now it doesn't pay for anyone to admit they were wrong because it will never be good enough.

@Hardcore troubadour - you tried.  I hope you learned something today, though.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

You guys just can't leave well enough alone, can you?  HT admitted he was wrong and that wasn't enough and you had to push it even further.

This is why we can't have nice things.  Give an inch and then you guys want a mile.  Now it doesn't pay for anyone to admit they were wrong because it will never be good enough.

They like to get bogged down in the weeds. The bottom line stands. Disneys commitment to their agenda is not serving them well. They have other reasons to stick with it besides being do gooders. Their access to capital via an enhanced ESG score also plays a role. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

This is why I have them on ignore. They post retarded stuff, go into a frenzy, never admit they’re wrong, if you admit you’re wrong they’ll keep going cause they can’t act like adults only children. The entire retard squad has been acting like that. Hack and MDCuck used to be fine but they’ve been acting just like Pimpadouche, Moron, and Gutterpedo. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Whatever. They lost millions. Not good. 

Over what length of time?

E- stands for Environmental. Disney is a polluter. They have made moves to reduce their pollution, but it only goes so far. They have been sued for a variety of environmental issues. And let’s not forever that everyone’s pollution levels were down during the lockdowns. 

S- stands for social causes. That’s where the LGBTQ stuff comes in. It’s their big play as far as ESG score goes. 

G- Stands for government. Seeing as Disney is involved with many authoritarian governments that also practice human rights violations, they really can’t make much headway on that front. The risk of that blowing up in their face is there. 

1 hour ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I said he could've saved us a bunch of pages and said at least he was finally admitting he overstepped. Calm down. Take some meds.

42 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

This is why I have them on ignore. They post retarded stuff, go into a frenzy, never admit they’re wrong, if you admit you’re wrong they’ll keep going cause they can’t act like adults only children. The entire retard squad has been acting like that. Hack and MDCuck used to be fine but they’ve been acting just like Pimpadouche, Moron, and Gutterpedo. 

Oh shut up you pissy pants baby. You never admit you are wrong and just say crazy stupid things. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I said he could've saved us a bunch of pages and said at least he was finally admitting he overstepped. Calm down. Take some meds.

Oh shut up you pissy pants baby. You never admit you are wrong and just say crazy stupid things. 

:doh:

One of the reasons being given for The Toy story movie flopping was them replacing Tim Allen. Why would they do that? 

23 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

:doh:

In point out what I said pages ago and Mooney says I should have said it pages ago. What can you do? He’s triggered and can’t see straight. 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

One of the reasons being given for The Toy story movie flopping was them replacing Tim Allen. Why would they do that? 

Because the movie is about Buzz Lightyear the person not Buzz Lightyear the toy

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

In point out what I said pages ago and Mooney says I should have said it pages ago. What can you do? He’s triggered and can’t see straight. 

He's definitely a run on sentence that will never get to the period at the end.

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Because you didn't. You liar.

9 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Because you didn't. You liar.

I bumped it.  You’re so emotional. Hormones? 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I bumped it.  You’re so emotional. Hormones? 

You absolutely did not bump anything that supported you. 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

E- stands for Environmental. Disney is a polluter. They have made moves to reduce their pollution, but it only goes so far. They have been sued for a variety of environmental issues. And let’s not forever that everyone’s pollution levels were down during the lockdowns. 

S- stands for social causes. That’s where the LGBTQ stuff comes in. It’s their big play as far as ESG score goes. 

G- Stands for government. Seeing as Disney is involved with many authoritarian governments that also practice human rights violations, they really can’t make much headway on that front. The risk of that blowing up in their face is there. 

The g is esg stands for governance, not government.  Governance refers to how the board is run.

18 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

The g is esg stands for governance, not government.  Governance refers to how the board is run.

And who they do business with. Like governments. 

18 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

And who they do business with. Like governments. 

This is another example of where you should just say you were wrong and we both move on.

3 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

This is another example of where you should just say you were wrong and we both move on.

This is another example of you not wanting to have a discussion you angry little freak. Their dealings with governments is part of their esg score. Like you had any clue what it was till you ran to google and jacked your gherkin cuz you get to make a trivial point. Why am I doing  this with you? You don’t even know the difference between revenue and profit. I’m starting to doubt you really did minor in finance. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

This is another example of you not wanting to have a discussion you angry little freak. Their dealings with governments is part of their esg score. Like you had any clue what it was till you ran to google and jacked your gherkin cuz you get to make a trivial point. Why a indoor this with you? You don’t even know the difference between revenue and profit. I’m starting to doubt you really did minor in finance. 

I deal with esg compliance for a living.  You're barking up the wrong tree

3 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I deal with esg compliance for a living.  You're barking up the wrong tree

Good.  Then comment on my point, not some trivial aspect of it. I’d like to hear. I thought you were an IT guy? 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Good.  Then comment on my point, not some trivial aspect of it. I’d like to hear. I thought you were an IT guy? 

He's an IT guy who fixes the laptops of some people who know esg compliance. :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Disney's esg score?  I have no idea.  I haven't assessed it yet, I don't even know how they measure.  The US doesn't have a standard yet like Germany.  I'm building ESG standards for work.  I'm in NYC today, we met about this this morning