Nomad99

Boom! Disney getting canceled ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜…

32 minutes ago, nobody said:

You keep saying this.ย  If guidance was really low due to recession, they wouldn't have replaced the CEO.ย  Does Iger somehow make Disney's future earnings recession proof?ย ย 

At least with Disney+, the Disney company got caught in that they released their service right before the pandemic hit. Then a bunch of people were home and subscriptions rose. They (much like many tech companies) bet that people were going to be home now as the pandemic would change the way everything from work to free time was handled.

It did not so lots of those companies are failing their projections.ย 

31 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Disney stock is down 19 pct since the former CEO took over. ย The s&p is up 34 pct over the same period. ๐Ÿ†
Bad Quarter! Recession!ย 

Thanks Joe!ย  Those are some bigly returns!

2 hours ago, nobody said:

You keep saying this.ย  If guidance was really low due to recession, they wouldn't have replaced the CEO.ย  Does Iger somehow make Disney's future earnings recession proof?ย ย 

I'm just going off the earnings report.ย  I don't know what the new CEO does for them, but the street liked it.

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Disney stock is down 19 pct since the former CEO took over. ย The s&p is up 34 pct over the same period. ๐Ÿ†
Bad Quarter! Recession!ย 

So it was the CEO, not woke?ย  BACKPEDAL.

2 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

So it was the CEO, not woke?ย  BACKPEDAL.

Bad quarter! Recession! You Fockinย Jackass! This is funny now. Lol.ย 

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Bad quarter! Recession! You Fockinย Jackass! This is funny now. Lol.ย 

Mall cops don't know finance.ย  Or really anything.

35 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Mall cops don't know finance.ย  Or really anything.

I know this: + 34 is much better thanย -19. Funny I donโ€™t see you trying to explain that away. Did you run out ofย stupid juice? Borrow some from my stalkers. ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†

19 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I know this: + 34 is much better thanย -19. Funny I donโ€™t see you trying to explain that away. Did you run out ofย stupid juice? Borrow some from my stalkers. ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†

The stock has underperformed.ย  What do I need to explain?ย  Is it because they are woke? No.ย  We already proved you wrong.

I'm not going to deny the stock has been down or that the CEO wasn't good, you can't.

20 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

The stock has underperformed.ย  What do I need to explain?ย  Is it because they are woke? No.ย  We already proved you wrong.

I'm not going to deny the stock has been down or that the CEO wasn't good, you can't.

What did you prove?ย Weโ€™ll start over: I say woke costย ย themย customers, which it has, and cut off the worlds biggest market from them selling products, because of their woke content, thus costing them profits.ย Itโ€™s not the only reason, but itโ€™s part of it. Now prove that wrong. Itโ€™s what Iโ€™ve been saying the whole time.ย 

43 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What did you prove?ย Weโ€™ll start over: I say woke costย ย themย customers, which it has, and cut off the worlds biggest market from them selling products, because of their woke content, thus costing them profits.ย Itโ€™s not the only reason, but itโ€™s part of it. Now prove that wrong. Itโ€™s what Iโ€™ve been saying the whole time.ย 

There is nothing in the earnings report about falling short of revenue targets for China box office.ย  You. Are. Wrong.

7 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

There is nothing in the earnings report about falling short of revenue targets for China box office.ย  You. Are. Wrong.

Lol. Ok man, selling less product is a non factor. Thatโ€™s your story and youโ€™re gonna stick with it. At least youโ€™re not still claimingย it was a โ€œbad quarter โ€œ. ย Thatโ€™s been put to rest. You were wrong. Youโ€™re welcome.ย 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Lol. Ok man, selling less product is a non factor. Thatโ€™s your story and youโ€™re gonna stick with it. At least youโ€™re not still aging it was a โ€œbad quarter โ€œ. ย Thatโ€™s been put to rest. You were wrong. Youโ€™re welcome.ย 

We've been through this, and using your same argument, you can say that Disney lost profits by not making semiconductors.

You're desperately clinging to anything to save face, we all see it.ย  Just stop already.

And it was a bad quarter, just read the earnings report

Just now, Shooter McGavin said:

We've been through this, and using your same argument, you can say that Disney lost profits by not making semiconductors.

You're desperately clinging to anything to save face, we all see it.ย  Just stop already.

And it was a bad quarter, just read the earnings report

-19, +34 over a lot more than one quarter. Go away kid. ย Itโ€™s over. ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿคก

On 11/22/2022 at 10:05 AM, Shooter McGavin said:

I don't think Disney cares about your boycott

Yeah, no of course not. Hopefully half the countries in the world doing the same moved the needle a bit. I'm just doing my part to help.

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

-19, +34 over a lot more than one quarter. Go away kid. ย Itโ€™s over. ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿคก

If you read the previous qtr earnings report it was positive and the stock went up because of it

1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

If you read the previous qtr earnings report it was positive and the stock went up because of it

Please. That stock hasnโ€™t done shite. Now theyโ€™re gonna send Iger over to China at some point and try and smooth things over with them. Heโ€™s cowtowed to them many, many other times. He might get told to Fock off. China can make itโ€™s own movies. ย That stock never gets back to where it was for a long, long time without those markets they have been cut off from. ย 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Please. That stock hasnโ€™t done shite. Now theyโ€™re gonna send Iger over to China at some point and try and smooth things over with them. Heโ€™s cowtowed to them many, many other times. He might get told to Fock off. China can make itโ€™s own movies. ย That stock never gets back to where it was for a long, long time without those markets they have been cut off from. ย 

So the only way Disney can succeed is by having its movies in Chinese theaters?

Just now, Shooter McGavin said:

No. They just canโ€™t succeed as much. I nebr said they were going broke. I have said they will continue to make money. Just not as much. If you think Iโ€™m so wrong then you should be buying a lot of shares right now. Also their fightย with Florida that they got their ass kicked on hasnโ€™t helped. Itโ€™s only their world HQ weโ€™re talking about, right?ย 

3 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

No. Just withinย the lifespan of this thread, one movie recently made that we'dย discussed earlierย made money despite being banned by much of the world. I don't remember which one, I just remember being disappointed.

I have to think it puts a damper on things though.

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No. They just canโ€™t succeed as much. I nebr said they were going broke. I have said they will continue to make money. Just not as much. If you think Iโ€™m so wrong then you should be buying a lot of shares right now. Also their fightย with Florida that they got their ass kicked on hasnโ€™t helped. Itโ€™s only their world HQ weโ€™re talking about, right?ย 

You said the stock won't come back without China.ย  We'll see.

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Not so. Disney is a California company with California values. What's true is they have an enormousย investment in their park in Florida, one which is just as famous, popular, (and successful?) as their parkย in California.

6 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

You said the stock won't come back without China.ย  We'll see.

Not for a long time.ย 

5 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Not so. Disney is a California company with California values. What's true is they have an enormousย investment in their park in Florida, one which is just as famous, popular, (and successful?) as their parkย in California.

True. They were building a new complex andย moving employees from California to Florida before the fight with Florida. ย That is now โ€œon holdโ€.ย 

Bob Iger has several questions to answer as he steps in, once again, as Disney's (DIS) CEO.

ย 

The first and most important? Streaming profitability.

ย 

"Streaming losses is the absolute number one issue on hand," Geetha Ranganathan, senior media analyst at Bloomberg Intelligence, told Yahoo Finance Live.

Yahoo Finance: The first question Bob Iger must answer as Disney CEO.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bob-iger-disney-ceo-first-question-171201311.html

It's all about operating expenses.ย  No one is talking about Chinese box office revenue.

See you need to read, it's all there.ย  Getting facts from the source is always better than making them up in your head based on your own biases.ย  10 out 10.

1 hour ago, Sean Mooney said:

Shooter- it is clear that HT is clueless on all of this. At this point you are pissing into the wind.ย 

Well there might be some real people here interested in actual conversationย 

41 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Well there might be some real people here interested in actual conversationย 

HT ain't one of them.

He has his head so dug in the sand on this one.ย 

And here I thought Gutterboy was going to wait and see what happens, to be fair, like he said he would. Guess not.ย 

Hey Looney Mooney and Squirter McGavin - how about starting a separate thread where you can blow kisses and fondle each other to keep it confined in there instead?ย  We want to talk about Disney, not see you two making love to each other.ย  You two should get a room already, for the love of christ.

I haven't seen so much knob-slobbering between two posters since, well, the last thread you two were in together.

TIA.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Hey Looney Mooney and Squirter McGavin - how about starting a separate thread where you can blow kisses and fondle each other to keep it confined in there instead?ย  We want to talk about Disney, not see you two making love to each other.ย  You two should get a room already, for the love of christ.

I haven't seen so much knob-slobbering between two posters since, well, the last thread you two were in together.

TIA.

With all due respect...

go get fooked. Maybe once you are there you will be as smart and clever as you seem to think you are.ย 

29 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

TIA.

He isnโ€™t concerned about Disney. Heโ€™s worried about me.ย 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He isnโ€™t concerned about Disney. Heโ€™s worried about me.ย 

Aren't you the popular one!!!ย  ย All that free rent you're getting.ย  Tell us - how DO you do it?

However, between stalking you and fondling Squirter McGavin's vagina I'm not sure he has time in the day for anything else.

1 minute ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Aren't you the popular one!!!ย  ย All that free rent you're getting.ย  Tell us - how DO you do it?

However, between stalking you and fondling Squirter McGavin's balls I'm not sure he has time in the day for anything else.

He somehow manages his fortune too.ย 

• Haha 1

On 11/23/2022 at 11:53 PM, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

TIA.

No, this is the right thread.

They'reย auditioning for the next Disney movie.

• Haha 1