Nomad99

Boom! Disney getting canceled 🤣😅

Just now, RLLD said:

I am not discounting him in any way. I think shooter is correct and I believe that I consented to the point above.

I think his approach is sound. As CEO he has to move the company forward and into profitability. I think the way he is doing it is rather good in terms of strategic approach.

Where I disagree with you is I don't think he is going to make any slow changes in this. The company is going to continue on the path they are on. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Some good news to report for Disney. China will allow them to show the new Avatar movie. And Disney will be glad to show it as the CCP sends tanks to control their own people for peacefully protesting. Core values ya know. 

This focking idiot spends dozens of posts slamming woke Disney for losing money because their movies with gays are shut out of China, then when one of their movies makes it to the China box office, he slams them for releasing a movie in a country with terrible civil rights.

If it wasn't painfully obvious before, it is now that this clown is just here for the trolling and will contradict himself and make himself look like an idiot for any kind of attention he can garner.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I am not discounting him in any way. I think shooter is correct and I believe that I consented to the point above.

I think his approach is sound. As CEO he has to move the company forward and into profitability. I think the way he is doing it is rather good in terms of strategic approach.

Agreed.  It's kinda like what we were discussing yesterday, with the mirroring the behavior of your enemies.

When the Gov of Florida passed the don't say gay bill, Disney employees protested and were all over social media against it.  This was not smart.  I'm assuming it's this type of behavior that Iger is trying to curtail.  They still support the gay, and will make gay sh1t, let's just not be so argumentative about it.  It's the more adult approach.

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

Where I disagree with you is I don't think he is going to make any slow changes in this. The company is going to continue on the path they are on. 

Oh, gotcha.

Though I already admitted he will sustain the profit-killing woke nonsense movies.   I think he first needs to move in as he has, secure the confidence and trust of the rank and file. While slowly diluting the hate that has arisen within the org. Eventually I do think he will make moves to at least minimize the hit to profits with these woke folks, maybe spin off another company that deals in that market to avoid the direct hit to the Disney bottom line, who knows. So long as the profits hit expectations no one will care as much about the losses.

13 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Agreed.  It's kinda like what we were discussing yesterday, with the mirroring the behavior of your enemies.

When the Gov of Florida passed the don't say gay bill, Disney employees protested and were all over social media against it.  This was not smart.  I'm assuming it's this type of behavior that Iger is trying to curtail.  They still support the gay, and will make gay sh1t, let's just not be so argumentative about it.  It's the more adult approach.

I think this is the proper read of what he's saying too.

15 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Oh, gotcha.

Though I already admitted he will sustain the profit-killing woke nonsense movies.   I think he first needs to move in as he has, secure the confidence and trust of the rank and file. While slowly diluting the hate that has arisen within the org. Eventually I do think he will make moves to at least minimize the hit to profits with these woke folks, maybe spin off another company that deals in that market to avoid the direct hit to the Disney bottom line, who knows. So long as the profits hit expectations no one will care as much about the losses.

On this point- it is Bob Iger coming back after running the company for 15 years prior to his retirement. He purchased Marvel. He purchased Pixar. He purchased LucasFilms. He purchased many of the FOX assets. Turning Red, Lightyear, Doctor Strange 2, The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder- all movies/TV shows pointed out as "woke" in this thread were all developed under Iger's regime. I think he has the confidence of the rank and file both at a public and corporate level. 

He also has a really good relationship with China as opening Shanghai Disney was one of his main causes as CEO.

The simple thing that some of the other people- not you- in here don't want to confront is that Iger was brought back because there was a lack of faith in Chapek's leadership of the company as it relates to the internal structure of the company. Chapek changed the marketing departments. He changed where films were positioned. He changed the people in charge of big decisions taking it from the hands of the more traditional department and moving it elsewhere. On top of it he was making statements to the stakeholders and contradictory statements to the company employees so no one knew what was really going on and the board got mad. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Rink

This is a reasonable first move on his part.  He can still appease the emotional/mentally ill by losing money on pet projects for now.  But he does need to end the hate from leftists within Disney as a first move.  

This guy came out against the Florida bill that started the "war" between Disney and Desantis/Florida.  This is bullsh*t.

3 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

On this point- it is Bob Iger coming back after running the company for 15 years prior to his retirement. He purchased Marvel. He purchased Pixar. He purchased LucasFilms. He purchased many of the FOX assets. Turning Red, Lightyear, Doctor Strange 2, The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder- all movies/TV shows pointed out as "woke" in this thread were all developed under Iger's regime. I think he has the confidence of the rank and file both at a public and corporate level. 

He also has a really good relationship with China as opening Shanghai Disney was one of his main causes as CEO.

The simple thing that some of the other people- not you- in here don't want to confront is that Iger was brought back because there was a lack of faith in Chapek's leadership of the company as it relates to the internal structure of the company. Chapek changed the marketing departments. He changed where films were positioned. He changed the people in charge of big decisions taking it from the hands of the more traditional department and moving it elsewhere. On top of it he was making statements to the stakeholders and contradictory statements to the company employees so no one knew what was really going on and the board got mad. 

:cheers:

1 minute ago, Strike said:

This guy came out against the Florida bill that started the "war" between Disney and Desantis/Florida.  This is bullsh*t.

Time will tell. I suggest that he will ensure profitability and still support the woke lunacy, but in the process ensure the company is functioning. 

3 minutes ago, RLLD said:

:cheers:

Back at ya

As opposed to some of the other usual suspects here I like discussing things with you as you actually bring some intelligent thought to the conversation

• Like 1

Back at ya

As opposed to some of the other usual suspects here I like discussing things with you as you actually bring some intelligent thought to the conversation

It is nice to have a real conversation without the usual jackassery from the usual suspects.

I appreciate your thoughtful posts as well.

1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

The CEO said they were going to work to get it repealed. That’s a bit more than  some employees on social media. And the reason they lost their tax status. But you go ahead and spin away. 

This focking idiot spends dozens of posts slamming woke Disney for losing money because their movies with gays are shut out of China, then when one of their movies makes it to the China box office, he slams them for releasing a movie in a country with terrible civil rights.

If it wasn't painfully obvious before, it is now that this clown is just here for the trolling and will contradict himself and make himself look like an idiot for any kind of attention he can garner.

Contradict? You bring up his great it is they will stick to their core values. Free speech isn’t one of them? 

Nailed it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baker Boy said:

After Disney movie bombs, film critic tells Hollywood ‘go woke, go broke’

New Disney animated movie 'Strange World' could lose nearly $150M after horrific opening weekend

https://www.foxbusiness.com/media/after-disney-movie-bombs-film-critic-tells-hollywood-go-woke-go-broke

Why do you people attribute a movie's failure to being woke?  Say the Strange World and Lightyear had the exact same stories, just 100% traditional roles, would it have broken even or made money?  Was Morbius woke?  Was Cyrano woke?  Was the Northman woke?  Was Blacklight woke?

It's like moron conservatives can't understand nuances and all have to always been black or white on an issue.

So bizarre. 

I guess black panther 2 wasn't woke?  How about Nope?  Woman King made double its budget.  

Here's the truth.  Movies with good stories and acting do well.  Bad stories and acting do poorly. 

1 hour ago, Baker Boy said:

New Disney animated movie 'Strange World' could lose nearly $150M after horrific opening weekend

https://www.foxbusiness.com/media/after-disney-movie-bombs-film-critic-tells-hollywood-go-woke-go-broke

I am no fan of critics, but it so happens that I agree with this one. 

6 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

how is he contradicting himself?  

HT is saying Disney is nuts because DIsney has already proven they have no moral code as it is, they have shown to be a total sell out, so for them to even be denied access to China on moral grounds is pathetic.  that cant even sell out correctly.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RLLD said:

I am no fan of critics, but it so happens that I agree with this one. 

Christian Toto might be biased...just a bit on certain issues.

14 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

HT is saying Disney is nuts because DIsney has already proven they have no moral code as it is, they have shown to be a total sell out, so for them to even be denied access to China on moral grounds is pathetic.  that cant even sell out correctly.

If Disney is a total sell out and has no moral code, then why do some of their movies get banned from China?  Why wouldn't they just change the movie to bend to the will of China?

13 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

Christian Toto might be biased...just a bit on certain issues.

Yes, if religion is playing into it then I could see someone like that allowing that to color their position.

To me this is really more just an interesting aside.  You had the jesus crispies over there insisting that they are right and that their position is the correct and just one, and then you have the lefty loons over there insisting that they are right....

They cannot both be right so then perhaps there is somewhere in the middle where each can allow the other just a little more room.  If both sides agree that freedom is a "good" then we cannot silence each other and nor can we seek to subdue each other.  JMHO

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Yes, if religion is playing into it then I could see someone like that allowing that to color their position.

To me this is really more just an interesting aside.  You had the jesus crispies over there insisting that they are right and that their position is the correct and just one, and then you have the lefty loons over there insisting that they are right....

They cannot both be right so then perhaps there is somewhere in the middle where each can allow the other just a little more room.  If both sides agree that freedom is a "good" then we cannot silence each other and nor can we seek to subdue each other.  JMHO

I mean that's reasonable....that's not how this stuff is argued ever though by anyone. 

16 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

Each movie is determined by China individually if they will show it.  Any level of “selling out” about something else has nothing to do with it

On 11/30/2022 at 2:40 PM, Baker Boy said:

Great article. Thanks. 

On 12/1/2022 at 5:08 AM, JustinCharge said:

Their moral code only revolves around their strict adherence to the western LGBTQ agenda and other leftist corporate globalist priorities. They've shown a willingness, maybe a righteous indignation, to lose money making films promoting this agenda, knowing full well that they will get banned in half the world, while alienating much of the western market in adherence to their religion. These days of "damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead" wokeness may becoming to a close with the new/old boss, but they will still advocate for the woke agenda and it will still percolate under the surface.

What the Disney moral code has no room for human rights violations in Xingjiang, nor the violation of promises for Hong Kong democracy and autonomy, nor free speech crackdowns, nor any of the myriad policies China has engaged in that alienates them from the rest of the world. They're fine with that, to such an extent that they even chose to make a high budget film in Xingjiang, the epicenter of Chinese Uyghur colonialist repression, in order to drive the point home.

It's a company that built it's reputation on making G-rated, wholesome, kid-friendly entertainment, that has now gotten hijacked by LGBTQ activists across it's entire upper management. They're transitioning back to more business savvy ones now.

I find Disney particularly vile in comparison to what they once were. Ironically, China plays a constructive role in ridding their films of LGBTQ content. Take allies where you can get them, I guess.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

If Disney is a total sell out and has no moral code, then why do some of their movies get banned from China?  Why wouldn't they just change the movie to bend to the will of China?

thats what i was saying.  Disney is THAT bad at their job.

On 11/30/2022 at 10:06 AM, Shooter McGavin said:

When the Gov of Florida passed the don't say gay bill

LOL, this is the guy who is against "misinformation". 🤣

7 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

cause they dont do pre screenings

The director says they haven't.

https://thedirect.com/article/indiana-jones-5-test-screening

Look, the movie could suck, who knows, but there is no evidence that it does, or that it's woke.  You're just making sh1t up.

Personally I don't think we need another sequel, and watching an 80 year old man trying to be an action hero is pathetic.

The last Indiana Jones sucked and it had nothing to do with "woke." It had lots to do with goofy looking CGI and Indy hiding from a nuclear blast in a fridge

The last Indiana Jones sucked and it had nothing to do with "woke." It had lots to do with goofy looking CGI and Indy hiding from a nuclear blast in a fridge

I can't believe Justin didn't suggest we hide in our fridges in all of his efforts to guide us through nuclear holocaust.

Disney may be getting their tax deal back. That’s fine, glad DeSantis brought them to heel. Let’s hope they stay humble from here on out.  MYOB. 

3 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

For real you people are deranged.  Are you going to blame every movie that flops on being woke?  Cause tons of movies flop you know...

Meanwhile Nike, Starbucks, Gillette all the "woke" companies who are supposed to go broke are doing just fine.

Keep fighting the culture war in your heads friends, that led to a red trickle in 22 and will lead to a blue tsunami in 24.