Nomad99

Boom! Disney getting canceled 🤣😅

7 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I'm one of them.  I wonder if it's because the widely promoted movie in which they paid a more expensive actor to do his job bombed. Of course there are other reasons the movie bombed too... we'll see if Disney gets the message.

No, the reason was already explained, Allen is the voice of the toy, but the movie was not about the toy, so it didn't make sense to have Allen.  That was always the reason, but you guys wanted to stick to your woke agenda so you denied it.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Jeff Probst said:

No, the reason was already explained, Allen is the voice of the toy, but the movie was not about the toy, so it didn't make sense to have Allen.  That was always the reason, but you guys wanted to stick to your woke agenda so you denied it.

This is the dumbest pretzel logic I have EVER read.  Wow.  You're an idiot if you actually believe that tripe you just posted.  :lol:

4 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

This is the dumbest pretzel logic I have EVER read.  Wow.  You're an idiot if you actually believe that tripe you just posted.  :lol:

Care to share your reasoning dummy?

14 minutes ago, Jeff Probst said:

Woke Agenda?

This is the first time I've ever stuck to my woke agenda.

Whoa.... Whoa....

What's happening to me?

My woke agenda must be kicking in....

---------

---------

Wow I .... I feel like lighting a police car on fire.

Now I feel like tearing down a George Washington statue and replacing it with a statue dedicated to George Floyd.

...uh oh.... I don't know if I'm a man or a woman anymore... and I don't care...

Whoa....

Now I'm going to performing gender affirming care on every inmate housed in Guantanamo prison before releasing them into New York City ....

I can understand why you enjoy watching drag queens groping little kids

... and twerking five year old girls now....

.... whoa...

.... I'm going to go to Davos on a private jet and complain about Global Warming ...

... I think the borders should be open and the Latinx people should stay in the first community they see...

....something is making sense....

... there are certainly perks to using the girls locker room....

... Oh, I'd not realized just how badly women suck at swimming ... 

.... Wow a world record you say... 

.... for the first time in my life I...I ...

...I understand the reasoning and wisdom behind the OJ Simpson verdict...

... oh my...

... I wanna burn down my neighborhood now.... 

... it feels good to send all my money to Patrice Cullors... 

... OOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

...I'd never found Jazz Jennings to be sexy until now...

.... Everyone should get ballots sent in the mail.... it's making sense....

ballot harvesting is OK but voter ID is racist....

... Wow, maybe President Trump deserved to be impeached after all...

... Don Lemon also makes a lot more sense now ....

... I didn't know I liked watching The View so much...

...aaaaaahhhhhhh...

... Yeah, you guys can bang my wife, I can only get horny for Jerry Nadler anyway...

Uh oh... my woke Agenda is wearing off....

"Jerry! Come back!"

----------

----------

Oh man.

What a nightmare.

Hey! Where are my pants? Why is may wallet empty?

I guess I'll never stick to my woke agenda again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeff Probst said:

Care to share your reasoning dummy?

What is a "reasoning dummy"?  Is that a doll that looks like you?

Although, I do read what you post and realize you have no reasoning at all.

2 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

What is a "reasoning dummy"?  Is that a doll that looks like you?

Although,   I  do read what you post and realize you have no reasoning at all.

All you do is spread BS

Disney adults is a pretty funny thing to google. Everyone hates them.  

34 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

He's right though. In the canon of the Toy Story movie Andy gets the toy Buzz Lightyear which is based on a movie. Lightyear was supposed to be that movie. So it would not have necessarily made sense for the voice of Buzz Lightyear the doll to do the voice of Buzz Lightyear the actual movie character.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

No, THIS is the dumbest pretzel logic I have ever read:

13 hours ago, Voltaire said:

I'm one of them.  I wonder if it's because the widely promoted movie in which they paid a more expensive actor to do his job bombed. Of course there are other reasons the movie bombed too... we'll see if Disney gets the message.

Are you idiots really trying to claim that Allen wasn’t in Lightyear because he’s not woke enough, but now they brought him back because it bombed?  Literal LOL.

For one, you guys keep trying to argue that they’re sacrificing profits for being woke.  If Allen wasn’t woke enough then, he’s not woke enough now.

And it’s a kids movie for Chrissake.  They don’t know who the voices are of the characters.   Lightyear was a completely different story, based on the actual Buzz Lightyear (and yes it kinda sucked - if Allen was in it it still would have).  Allen was Buzz Lightyear the toy.

Good lord people.  This is just another example of us centrists being proven right, and the board idiots somehow trying to claim they are.

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

Are you idiots really trying to claim that Allen wasn’t in Lightyear because he’s not woke enough, but now they brought him back because it bombed?  Literal LOL.

For one, you guys keep trying to argue that they’re sacrificing profits for being woke.  If Allen wasn’t woke enough then, he’s not woke enough now.

And it’s a kids movie for Chrissake.  They don’t know who the voices are of the characters.   Lightyear was a completely different story, based on the actual Buzz Lightyear (and yes it kinda sucked - if Allen was in it it still would have).  Allen was Buzz Lightyear the toy.

Good lord people.  This is just another example of us centrists being proven right, and the board idiots somehow trying to claim they are.

"us centrists"?  :lol:

You're about as "centrist" as Stalin or Mao.  GTFO with your nonsense.

I think it’s sad that grown men know the intricacies of a cartoon for kids. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Do you have kids?  Have you ever watched a movie with them?

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

Do you have kids?  Have you ever watched a movie with them?

Yup. And I sure as hell don’t retain the plot.  It’s a cartoon 

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So any cartoon you watch, you immediately forget what it's about?  Do you have brain damage?  What about non cartoons?

25 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

All one has to do is read an article about it.  You don't have to watch it, be a fanboy or anything like that.  You don't have to worry about your masculinity then.

17 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

So any cartoon you watch, you immediately forget what it's about?  Do you have brain damage?  What about non cartoons?

Pretty much. It’s a cartoon for kids. In the end the good guy wins.  Did I nail it or what? 

Hardcore Troubadour is so manly, his brain won't even process non-manly content.  Now that's manly!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nobody said:

Hardcore Troubadour is so manly, his brain won't even process non-manly content.  Now that's manly!

I process it and then let it go. I have to keep room for my memories of your mom in there. 

31 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I watched it with my kids and because my brain actually works- as opposed to yours- I remember things about it. I know this will shock you but people are actually capable of having a brain that can hold many thoughts at one time about all sorts of topics. 

13 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

This thread was quite the journey.

12 minutes ago, nobody said:

So manly and hetero he can't even touch a dong to piss.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

The bolded is key. Watched Lightyear with my daughters. It wasn't very good and it ultimately served no purpose as a film. Tim Allen voicing the character wasn't going to change that. 

I don’t know what to say. I can’t engage in a conversation about the various plots and back stories of Toy Story characters.  You guys can though. Good for you! 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don’t know what to say. I can’t engage in a conversation about the various plots and back stories of Toy Story. You guys can though. Good for you! 

It doesn't take much to read about the plots and gain some insight about the topic.  You don't actually have to watch all of the movies.

8 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

It doesn't take much to read about the plots and gain some insight about the topic.  You don't actually have to watch all of the movies.

What made/makes The Toy Story series great was that they were actually good movies that a lot of adults enjoyed too (check the ratings on Rotten Tomatoes for example).  

Lightyear was not a Toy Story movie.  It was a tangentially related spinoff focused on just one of the many characters.  You don’t have to have actually seen the movie to realize that.

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

No thanks. It’s a kids cartoon. I can talk all day about Goodfellas and The Godfather and many ww2 movies though. 

No thanks. It’s a kids cartoon. I can talk all day about Goodfellas and The Godfather and many ww2 movies though. 

Goodfellas is one of my top 5 movies, Godfather up there too, and actually so is Toy Story.

HARDCORE TROUBADOUR!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

Goodfellas is one of my top 5 movies, Godfather up there too, and actually so is Toy Story.

I love Braveheart and the Usual Suspects and Office space too. I don’t see Toy Story making the list. I did like The Sandlot though. 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I like all those movies too.  The Toy Story movies are great.  They are not kids movies, they are family movies.  They are meant for all ages and people of all ages enjoy them.  The first Toy Story movie came out in 1995.  I was only 12 so I grew up with these movies, just like most adults with young kids right now.

I know you are a very insecure person but no one would doubt your manliness if you watched these movies.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, nobody said:

😂

I love Braveheart and the Usual Suspects and Office space too. I don’t see Toy Story making the list. I did like The Sandlot though. 

The Sandlot is awesome.  What about The Goonies?

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I like all those movies too.  The Toy Story movies are great.  They are not kids movies, they are family movies.  They are meant for all ages and people of all ages enjoy them.  The first Toy Story movie came out in 1995.  I was only 12 so I grew up with these movies, just like most adults with young kids right now.

I know you are a very insecure person but no one would doubt your manliness if you watched these movies.

I watch them.  I just don’t retain the plots and backstories. Why would I? I half pay attention to most of what we watch on movie night. A 6 and a 9 year old are picking them out. I’m not the target audience. 

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

The Sandlot is awesome.  What about The Goonies?

I keep pushing for goonies but as of now I am getting shot down. I’ll get it there. Movie night is for the kids, not me. 

I watch them.  I just don’t retain the plots and backstories. Why would I? I half pay attention to most of what we watch on movie night. A 6 and a 9 year old are picking them out. I’m not the target audience. 

I find myself getting caught up in whatever is on a lot of times.  Even if it's some stupid show my daughter is watching I catch myself paying attention for some reason and asking her questions.

23 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don’t know what to say. I can’t engage in a conversation about the various plots and back stories of Toy Story characters.  You guys can though. Good for you! 

Not being able to read something online and intelligently engage in a conversation has ever stopped you before here....why start now?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, nobody said:

HARDCORE TROUBADOUR!

He probably had a continuous loop of "The Dirty Dozen" projected onto a big screen over his babies' cribs until they were toddlers, at which point he pivoted to "Patton," "The Big Red One" and eventually "Saving Private Ryan" by the time they reached preschool.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I find myself getting caught up in whatever is on a lot of times.  Even if it's some stupid show my daughter is watching I catch myself paying attention for some reason and asking her questions.

My wife does school pickup and plays nanny for these three young sisters. Last Friday, their mom wasn't expected to arrive back from out of town until late evening, so my wife brought the girls to our house for movies and pizza.

We watched the remake of "The Lion King" and then "Babe 2," neither of which I'd seen before.

They were both pretty great. I think "Babe 2" is better than the first one.