Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Nomad99

Boom! Disney getting canceled 🤣😅

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Strange World we live in. 🏆🏆🏆🏆

$180 million budget, $24 million opening extended holiday weekend opening. Brutal, several misses lately, probably just a coincidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Reality said:

$180 million budget, $24 million opening extended holiday weekend opening. Brutal, several misses lately, probably just a coincidence.

Hard to believe parents and kids don’t want to see a movie about climate change.  No agenda, right? 81 million people voted for the green new deal. Where are they? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Hard to believe parents and kids don’t want to see a movie about climate change.  No agenda, right? 81 million people voted for the green new deal. Where are they? 

I thought the trailer looked fun and exciting. By all appearances, it's something that we normally would have seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I thought the trailer looked fun and exciting. By all appearances, it's something that we would normally have seen.

I promised my kids bowling and the movies over the Christmas break. It won’t be this one. What am I saying, it won’t even be in the theaters at that point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So now we find out that Disney was cooking the books to make Disney + not look as bad. Shifting production costs to the Disney channel and off of D+. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Strike said:

I do wonder whether or not their investors have a say in the company focusing on the forceful pushing of social issues over profit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RLLD said:

I do wonder whether or not their investors have a say in the company focusing on the forceful pushing of social issues over profit.

They should be. It’s costing them profits 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I do wonder whether or not their investors have a say in the company focusing on the forceful pushing of social issues over profit.

That's not the way it works.  If you don't like it, sell your shares, very simple.

New CEO: 

When asked Monday during an employee Q&A about where the studio would now fall on the matter, Iger said “one of the core values of our storytelling is inclusion, and acceptance and tolerance. And we can’t lose that, we just can’t lose that… how we actually change the world through the good must continue. We’re not going to make everyone happy all the time, and we’re not [going to] try to. We’re certainly not going to lessen our core values in order to make everyone happy all the time.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

That's not the way it works.  If you don't like it, sell your shares, very simple.

New CEO: 

When asked Monday during an employee Q&A about where the studio would now fall on the matter, Iger said “one of the core values of our storytelling is inclusion, and acceptance and tolerance. And we can’t lose that, we just can’t lose that… how we actually change the world through the good must continue. We’re not going to make everyone happy all the time, and we’re not [going to] try to. We’re certainly not going to lessen our core values in order to make everyone happy all the time.”

Yes, I agree with that. I also know that you can vote on leadership, but that is annually.  I think using your money to do the talking is the most immediate and likely the most effective way to accomplish getting your thoughts to those in charge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Yes, I agree with that. I also know that you can vote on leadership, but that is annually.  I think using your money to do the talking is the most immediate and likely the most effective way to accomplish getting your thoughts to those in charge. 

No denying that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard to believe shareholders have no say in a corporation. It’s shutup or sell? That’s it? That’s how to works? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Hard to believe shareholders have no say in a corporation. It’s shutup or sell? That’s it? That’s how to works? 

oh look, the mall cop doesn't understand how business works. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shooter McGavin said:

oh look, the mall cop doesn't understand how business works. :lol:

I’m just curious. I don’t have a minor in finance. So no say for shareholders in a publicly traded corporation? Shutup or sell, like you said? Please confirm. Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The story of Strange World failing is far more complex than how it is being painted. But of course the people rooting for "Go woke, go broke" only like slogans that rhyme so they will never get it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

That's not the way it works.  If you don't like it, sell your shares, very simple.

 

Carl Icahn begs to differ with your investment advice.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marvel has always been inclusive.  People whinging about it now are just uneductated.  I do think though that core Disney has always errred more of the side of caution/conservative values than pushing a societal narrative.  That being said, I'd imagine that Disney does do their research and find that a big portion of the 18-49 demographic they, along with other companies salivate over, is fine with a more liberal social slant.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

The story of Strange World failing is far more complex than how it is being painted. But of course the people rooting for "Go woke, go broke" only like slogans that rhyme so they will never get it. 

Things are all so black and white when they fit the loony left narrative.  But when they blow it apart, there must be nuances and complexity to coverup the stupidity.  Strange World was the Mecca of woke ideology, and only their tribe wants to see the shiet show.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Things are all so black and white when they fit the loony left narrative.  But when they blow it apart, there must be nuances and complexity to coverup the stupidity.  Strange World was the Mecca of woke ideology, and only their tribe wants to see the shiet show.  

I'm not left. I don't have an ideology when it comes to movies. But reality is what it is. Not my fault you guys are scared of facts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’m just curious. I don’t have a minor in finance. So no say for shareholders in a publicly traded corporation? Shutup or sell, like you said? Please confirm. Thanks. 

Jimminy Crickets! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Things are all so black and white when they fit the loony left narrative.  But when they blow it apart, there must be nuances and complexity to coverup the stupidity.  Strange World was the Mecca of woke ideology, and only their tribe wants to see the shiet show.  

lmfao

A single movie fails and you idiots have to blame it on something.  Newsflash for you cultist, movies have failed since there have been movies.

Was Ishtar woke FFS?

People didn't like the story, if they choose not to go because of gay characters or whatever like in Bros that's their option.  Disney has a quite bigly  hit rate and lots of their movies are "woke" according to cultist.  None of them are ever mentioned by cultist though.

Weird how Modern Family was such a bigly hit for so long for DISNEY/ABC starting a gay couple.  

Weird right cultist?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I'm not left. I don't have an ideology when it comes to movies. But reality is what it is. Not my fault you guys are scared of facts

You presented no facts.  You made a declaration you pulled out of your leftist lying arse.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Raven Fan said:

lmfao

A single movie fails and you idiots have to blame it on something.  Newsflash for you cultist, movies have failed since there have been movies.

Was Ishtar woke FFS?

People didn't like the story, if they choose not to go because of gay characters or whatever like in Bros that's their option.  Disney has a quite bigly  hit rate and lots of their movies are "woke" according to cultist.  None of them are ever mentioned by cultist though.

Weird how Modern Family was such a bigly hit for so long for DISNEY/ABC starting a gay couple.  

Weird right cultist?

One?  The list of woke failures is quite long.  We just had Lightyear, Woman King, female Ghostbusters, Westside Story, Wonder Woman 1984, 

Having gay characters is not what makes something woke.  It is trying to push a woke story line by making sexual and race identity a course theme.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, jonmx said:

One?  The list of woke failures is quite long.  We just had Lightyear, Woman King, female Ghostbusters, Westside Story, Wonder Woman 1984, 

Having gay characters is not what makes something woke.  It is trying to push a woke story line by making sexual and race identity a course theme.

bahahahahahaha

You named like 5 movies going back 5+ years.  I'd name "woke" movies that are successful but then I'd be demeaning myself to actually having a debate with a stupid phuking moron.

And Westside story was woke?  Wonderwoman 1984?  Was the original Wonderwoman woke too?  Cot damn please don't breed...scratch that, homos can't breed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So in addition to business lessons I have learned here, like there, like revenue and profit are the same, less customers is actually good, now I learn that shareholders have no say. So glad to have access to these beautiful minds! Who needs a major in finance when a teaching degree and a minor in finance possess all this business acumen? Truly blessed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Raven Fan said:

bahahahahahaha

You named like 5 movies going back 5+ years.  I'd name "woke" movies that are successful but then I'd be demeaning myself to actually having a debate with a stupid phuking moron.

And Westside story was woke?  Wonderwoman 1984?  Was the original Wonderwoman woke too?  Cot damn please don't breed...scratch that, homos can't breed. 

This is your tenth post directed at me today.  You apparently have no issue with cucking down to demean yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jonmx said:

This is your tenth post directed at me today.  You apparently have no issue with cucking down to demean yourself.

Seriously. They attack in packs. The liberal posse. All they have left in life is their old age and name calling.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, jonmx said:

This is your tenth post directed at me today.  You apparently have no issue with cucking down to demean yourself.

lol, cucking?  You're obsessed grooming, pedos, cucking, woke, etc. 

You're like the poster boy of MAGA idiots.  Luckily your time in the light is almost up and you can slink back to whatever chithole you came from.

Very much looking forward to that.  You MAGA idiots are a sad reminder of just how stupid our country really is.

SAD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raven Fan said:

lol, cucking?  You're obsessed grooming, pedos, cucking, woke, etc. 

You're like the poster boy of MAGA idiots.  Luckily your time in the light is almost up and you can slink back to whatever chithole you came from.

Very much looking forward to that.  You MAGA idiots are a sad reminder of just how stupid our country really is.

SAD

Never voted for Trump.  Nice try cuck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Never voted for Trump.  Nice try cuck.

lmfao.  Anyone who's low IQ and trashy enough to type the word cuck as an insult is literally telling the world you're low IQ and trash.

Maybe make some posts about non-existent grooming, or kids getting their bits chopped off, or the US government trafficking little girls you flaming incel phaggot.  Just try to not shoot up innocent people when that thoughts makes its way into your phuked up brain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Raven Fan said:

lmfao.  Anyone who's low IQ and trashy enough to type the word cuck as an insult is literally telling the world you're low IQ and trash.

Maybe make some posts about non-existent grooming, or kids getting their bits chopped off, or the US government trafficking little girls you flaming incel phaggot.  Just try to not shoot up innocent people when that thoughts makes its way into your phuked up brain.

You vomit a lot of crap, but you never make a point.  You are the most worthless POS on this forum. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jonmx said:

You vomit a lot of crap, but you never make a point.  You are the most worthless POS on this forum. 

My point is that you are an uneducated, low IQ moron who's projects his own dark obsession about children onto every possible angle of your pathetic life.

You suck.  The country sucks for having you in it.  Please leave.

That help sicko?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raven Fan said:

My point is that you are an uneducated, low IQ moron who's projects his own dark obsession about children onto every possible angle of your pathetic life.

You suck.  The country sucks for having you in it.  Please leave.

That help sicko?

Lol...licking up your vomit and regurgitating it doesn't make it a point. It is still vomit.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Disney CEO Bob Iger tells employees he wants to ‘quiet’ down culture wars, ‘respect’ the audience

Rink

This is a reasonable first move on his part.  He can still appease the emotional/mentally ill by losing money on pet projects for now.  But he does need to end the hate from leftists within Disney as a first move.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Rink

This is a reasonable first move on his part.  He can still appease the emotional/mentally ill by losing money on pet projects for now.  But he does need to end the hate from leftists within Disney as a first move.  

He followed this up by saying they are not changing their core values for anyone.

So he's basically saying that Disney still supports the rights of everyone, but let's not openly fight about it because that's not a good look for anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shooter McGavin said:

He followed this up by saying they are not changing their core values for anyone.

So he's basically saying that Disney still supports the rights of everyone, but let's not opening fight about it because that's not a good look for anyone.

Yes....but....he has to come in at this slowly.  He cannot swoop in and make dramatic changes or he runs the risk of losing them and being painted like Elon Musk.  You cannot move forward with liberals as quickly as you might with conservatives. The reverse used to be true, but its a new world. A good CEO, a good leader, understands his people and how to guide the organization forward without "losing" his people. He has to have buy in from the rank and file to produce results. I think his approach sound, so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some good news to report for Disney. China will allow them to show the new Avatar movie. And Disney will be glad to show it as the CCP sends tanks to control their own people for peacefully protesting. Core values ya know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Yes....but....he has to come in at this slowly.  He cannot swoop in and make dramatic changes or he runs the risk of losing them and being painted like Elon Musk.  You cannot move forward with liberals as quickly as you might with conservatives. The reverse used to be true, but its a new world. A good CEO, a good leader, understands his people and how to guide the organization forward without "losing" his people. He has to have buy in from the rank and file to produce results. I think his approach sound, so far.

Shooter is right on this:

Disney is still going to make movies with gay characters or "woke" ideology. They just aren't going to be as up front about it. 

Also, this whole idea propagated in this thread is built on the premise that Disney has not been leaning into stuff people call "woke" for decades now. They have been and have pretty much for the last 50-60 years built their company and films on things that would have been considered "woke" at the time. The biggest difference now is we have people that have monetized outrage culture and we have a bunch of people who readily lap it up. It's the same thing with outrage on the left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sean Mooney said:

Shooter is right on this:

Disney is still going to make movies with gay characters or "woke" ideology. They just aren't going to be as up front about it. 

Also, this whole idea propagated in this thread is built on the premise that Disney has not been leaning into stuff people call "woke" for decades now. They have been and have pretty much for the last 50-60 years built their company and films on things that would have been considered "woke" at the time. The biggest difference now is we have people that have monetized outrage culture and we have a bunch of people who readily lap it up. It's the same thing with outrage on the left.

I am not discounting him in any way. I think shooter is correct and I believe that I consented to the point above.

I think his approach is sound. As CEO he has to move the company forward and into profitability. I think the way he is doing it is rather good in terms of strategic approach.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×