Big Guy

The Alan Parsons Project

On 5/26/2022 at 7:49 PM, Gepetto said:

Interesting to see this thread as I was just watching youtube videos yesterday of the Alan Parson Project with a symphony orchestra where they performed overseas in 2013.  

the current lineup is sooooooooooooo focking good! 

I'd like to see what you watched

On 4/22/2022 at 3:39 PM, kutulu said:

I wouldn't want to be like you :nono:

On 4/28/2022 at 4:19 PM, paulinstl said:

I have all their stuff on vinyl. I had a girl over to my place one night back in the 80s and se was oohing and ahhinng over how big my record collection was. I told her to pick out a good one while I made drinks. She didn't get too far into the A's because that was the album she picked out. Unfortunately for her my record collection's size impressed her more than the size of anything else I offered her that night.

I bought the debut Ambrosia album it came out and have loved it ever since, wish they would have stayed prog :)

such a special debut

On 4/28/2022 at 4:19 PM, paulinstl said:

I have all their stuff on vinyl. I had a girl over to my place one night back in the 80s and se was oohing and ahhinng over how big my record collection was. I told her to pick out a good one while I made drinks. She didn't get too far into the A's because that was the album she picked out. Unfortunately for her my record collection's size impressed her more than the size of anything else I offered her that night.

nice 😎

On 5/26/2022 at 4:42 PM, The PosterFormerlyKnownAs said:

Never in a million years did I expect to see an APP thread in the Geek Club.

Have seen them live three times.  Most amazing was backed by a full symphony orchestra - if you ever get the chance, do it.

Lots of great ground covered here already, so I’ll point out something which you might not be aware … before he passed, Eric Woolfson recorded an album called “The Alan Parsons Project that never was”.  Well worth a read of the liner notes and track listings. https://www.ericwoolfsonmusic.com/the-alan-parsons-project-that-never-was/index.html

also,  the Poe musical is pretty moving.

Awesome....so glad you got to see that :)

Wow, 3 times??? I'm soooooooo happy for you!  Seriously I realized during the course of the concert that this was pretty much the soundtrack of my life.

Great to see your appreciation

1 hour ago, Big Guy said:

the current lineup is sooooooooooooo focking good! 

I'd like to see what you watched

• Like 1

This is new and pretty nice, with David Pack ( Ambrosia ) on vocals & Joe Bonamassa on guitar

4 hours ago, The PosterFormerlyKnownAs said:

But the video … awful.

agreed, it's too bad he hasn't had many good videos through the years, most are just horrid!

• Thanks 1

On 5/26/2022 at 7:14 PM, Big Guy said:

Brand New Album soon, here's the 1st song released that features Tommy Shaw from Styx.....

Wow. Not bad at all. 

• Like 1