KSB2424

Trans Kids

You are literally repeating what I've already quoted, I can't believe people exist who defend this but, here we are.

4 hours ago, Reality said:

You are literally repeating what I've already quoted, I can't believe people exist who defend this but, here we are.

MDC can’t figure out what the big deal is? Who makes laws for things that only happen to five people? 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

MDC can’t figure out what the big deal is? Who makes laws for things that only happen to five people? 

Good question. Utah, for one.

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-news/utah-governor-becomes-latest-republican-veto-transgender-sports-ban-rcna21116

Utah Gov. Spencer Cox made an emotional plea for compassion toward transgender youth Tuesday in explaining his decision to veto a bill banning transgender students from playing girls' sports.

In a letter to the state's Senate president and House speaker, Cox told his fellow Republicans that he was moved by data showing that among 75,000 kids playing high school sports in Utah, only four were transgender, with just one involved in girls sports.

"Four kids and only one of them playing girls sports. That’s what all of this is about. Four kids who aren’t dominating or winning trophies or taking scholarships. Four kids who are just trying to find some friends and feel like they are a part of something. Four kids trying to get through each day," he wrote. "Rarely has so much fear and anger been directed at so few."

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dogcows said:

If a said that people  or lower intelligence have difficulty detecting sarcasm. 

On 9/28/2022 at 9:13 PM, MDC said:

You date teenagers and your buddy gets drunk at Chuck E Cheese.

Talk about your glass houses! :o 

It's great to see you taking the time out of your busy schedule to project idiocy on a web site. You succeeded . :thumbsup: 

On 9/29/2022 at 3:39 PM, dogcows said:

The actual number of people who are “out” as LGBTQ is 7.1%. For decades, people have estimated the actual number to be about 10%.So despite the number of people who admit they are LGBTQ doubling in the past 10 years, we’ve probably got a good number of people still “in the closet” today. I’m guessing the number will peak at about 10% as the estimates indicate. You also should note that 50% of younger people in the LGBTQ numbers are identifying as bisexual. Are they really? Maybe, maybe not - some will have “that one time at band camp” and never again. So even the 20% LGBTQ number in the youngest generation is pretty consistent with the idea that only about 10% of people are homosexual.

As for the number of trans people you know, sounds like it is less than 1 in 100? Same for me; I know a couple trans people, but they are definitely rare.

Nobody is “turning” gay or trans because it’s “ok” to be gay or trans now. It’s simply people comfortable to show their true selves publicly, with the stigma going away.

Maher’s chart is laughable (and maybe that’s intentional?) Try to do a wee bit of critical thinking here. If you need help getting started, look at this chart of left-handed people over time:

What you're missing, and probably this moron too, is that in certain circles "Left handedness" is an advantage, so people (adults/parents), are teaching their kids to be left handed on purpose, especially in sports.  This chart also ignores the concept of ambidextrous people.  Again, people who were most likely born right-handed and trained to be left handed.

But, why let facts get in the way of a strawman hissy fit, right?

16 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

What you're missing, and probably this moron too, is that in certain circles "Left handedness" is an advantage, so people (adults/parents), are teaching their kids to be left handed on purpose, especially in sports.  This chart also ignores the concept of ambidextrous people.  Again, people who were most likely born right-handed and trained to be left handed.

That chart only goes to 1976. But why let facts get in the way?

Just now, dogcows said:

That chart only goes to 1976. But why let facts get in the way?

So no defense?  Makes sense.

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

So no defense?  Makes sense.

You’re talking about what you claim is a contemporary phenomenon when discussing a chart with data that ended in 1976.

6 minutes ago, dogcows said:

You’re talking about what you claim is a contemporary phenomenon when discussing a chart with data that ended in 1976.

I'm talking about what happens when people normalize a phenomenon and how it could affect kids.

1 hour ago, craftsman said:

It's great to see you taking the time out of your busy schedule to project idiocy on a web site. You succeeded . :thumbsup: 

Surprised it took you 5 days to respond, seeing as how you’re here 24/7/365 and on all major holidays.

:( 

38 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

It was the Industrial Revolution in the 19th century that stigmatized and drove down the reported number of people claiming to be left handed.  All the industrial equipment and jobs were designed for the majority of the right handed work force.  Conveniently that's where this tweet picks a graph that starts at it's low and it quickly reverses back to real numbers of 10-12% of total population in the first half of the 20th century.  If the author were to go back to the start of the 19th century he would see  similar numbers that we see today and might stumble upon a reason for the temporary implied decline in the data.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Surprised it took you 5 days to respond, seeing as how you’re here 24/7/365 and on all major holidays.

:( 

On vacation with your family again? 24x7 while your family has fun and you sit online. :lol:

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Does that make abortion a hate crime now?  :dunno: 

100%.  Cis-gendered in-utero babies, on the other hand, are still fair game. 

Vanderbilt University Hispital has disowned gender affirming surgery for minors. I guess because it wasn’t happening.  Send in the clowns. 

2 minutes ago, Reality said:

What do you expect when the school district logo is a flame(r)? 

You heard it right folks...straight from the patron of the bill.  In Virginia, not affirming your child's gender could be a felony.

Good job on finding a nonsense news report from a TV station in Utah reporting on something in Maryland. Funny, they claim they reached out for comment but didn’t get an “immediate” response. Interestingly, another news organization actually DID get a comment from the school.

“A full accounting of students who may identify as LGBTQ+ or gender-nonconforming is impossible to know," Christopher Cram, the district's director of communications, said in an email. "This information is covered by privacy rules and is only collected if a student offers that information to a counselor. Therefore, a percentage 'of' or 'rise' cannot be determined or be considered accurate in any way.” 

This is garbage reporting, based on a single Twitter pic, with easily spotted errors, and apparently no attempt to follow up with the school. Try harder, crappy Utah TV station. 🤦‍♀️

34 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

You heard it right folks...straight from the patron of the bill.  In Virginia, not affirming your child's gender could be a felony.

Board centrists will ignore this while deflecting it. Very skillful.

14 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Board centrists will ignore this while deflecting it. Very skillful.

Bad legislation, do not support. :thumbsdown: 

• Sad 1

I think both of these videos make some good points.  I could see it being possible that the number of trans people is increasing in part due to the media attention (as I believe @jerryskids has claimed), but is Walsh’s argument really that trans people shouldn’t exist at all?  That seems like an opinion that the majority of people (in the country, not the GC) would probably disagree with.

John Oliver. Ooof. What kind of beta cuck do you have to be to watch that? 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Early on I kind of liked him.  He did a real great segment back in the day on Brexit.   Couple other things, then, he decided to go way way left and I stopped watching.

9 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It's low t.

10 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I think both of these videos make some good points.  I could see it being possible that the number of trans people is increasing in part due to the media attention (as I believe @jerryskids has claimed), but is Walsh’s argument really that trans people shouldn’t exist at all?  That seems like an opinion that the majority of people (in the country, not the GC) would probably disagree with.

John Oliver watcher. :lol:

10 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Can you imagine moving to a country and becoming a citizen to hate on it?  Paid puppet. 

I’m the start of the end and the end of time. I’m essential to beats and I surround every rhyme. 

50 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Can you imagine moving to a country and becoming a citizen to hate on it?  Paid puppet. 

Tucker Carlson isn’t from America?

8 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Leave the kids alone

Yup. 

3 hours ago, frank said:

I’m the start of the end and the end of time. I’m essential to beats and I surround every rhyme. 

Oops. I thought I posted this in the riddle thread. 

On 10/20/2022 at 7:06 AM, frank said:

transExuals

48 minutes ago, RLLD said:

North Carolina school district votes to forfeit games against rival after transgender athlete injures player

Not sure how much more of this we might see, but perhaps it could be the start of something that helps stem the tide of this nonsense. 

That opposing coach would get his ass kicked. Most Ricky Tick.