KSB2424

Trans Kids

14 hours ago, Strike said:

Yeah you did.  God it was so pathetic too.  And every time you deny it it's so obvious you're lying.  It's ok to own up to your ignorance dude.  Seriously.

100% he did do that.  In fact, IvanK on the other board had to point that out to him directly, and anyone who knows FBGs knows IvanK isn't to be trifled with on matters of knowledge.  The dude has an IQ of 7000, I think.

Even for me there are a few posters over there that I would never want to tangle with and he's one of them.  He knows his sh#t.

Just plain old simple common sense and logic.  How is this even debatable?  How did we get here?  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Just plain old simple common sense and logic.  How is this even debatable?  How did we get here?  

Wait.  The Lt. Governor of Minnesota begs to differ:

Follow the money. 

Most insurance companies will insure your transition; treatments, drugs, etc. You're 13 and want to transition? Let's go! 

Want to switch back? Out of pocket. You're now 23 and sterile and had your breasts removed at 13. Whoopsie. 

1 hour ago, TheNewGirl said:

Follow the money. 

Most insurance companies will insure your transition; treatments, drugs, etc. You're 13 and want to transition? Let's go! 

Want to switch back? Out of pocket. You're now 23 and sterile and had your breasts removed at 13. Whoopsie. 

libtards support this

Any of you know of Jazz Jennings of I am Jazz? 

Since this thread is about trans kids, I find Jazz's journey interesting. 

Born a boy, he liked to dance and wear dresses at around two years old. Wanted to wear girls clothes, etc. His parents began his transition then. 

Jazz has since had several surgeries, and is now dealing with mental health issues (she's 23). She has delayed going to Harvard because of those issues, and her binge eating disorder which has caused her to gain over 100 pounds. She blames this partially on the medications that she's on. She actually did have both top and bottom surgeries, the bottom surgery came with complications, resulting in additional surgeries. 

I kind of want to know more about the mental health issues. She's stated that she was attracted to boys sexually, but now claims to be "pansexual" and it's not the sex of the person, it's their "personality."  Binge eating. Ok. I wonder if she's regretful or depressed. Her parents essentially decided when she was TWO that she "was a girl" and then went from there. It doesn't sound like she ever had a choice. 

1 minute ago, TheNewGirl said:

Any of you know of Jazz Jennings of I am Jazz? 

Since this thread is about trans kids, I find Jazz's journey interesting. 

Born a boy, he liked to dance and wear dresses at around two years old. Wanted to wear girls clothes, etc. His parents began his transition then. 

Jazz has since had several surgeries, and is now dealing with mental health issues (she's 23). She has delayed going to Harvard because of those issues, and her binge eating disorder which has caused her to gain over 100 pounds. She blames this partially on the medications that she's on. She actually did have both top and bottom surgeries, the bottom surgery came with complications, resulting in additional surgeries. 

I kind of want to know more about the mental health issues. She's stated that she was attracted to boys sexually, but now claims to be "pansexual" and it's not the sex of the person, it's their "personality."  Binge eating. Ok. I wonder if she's regretful or depressed. Her parents essentially decided when she was TWO that she "was a girl" and then went from there. It doesn't sound like she ever had a choice. 

I like how they say “now dealing with mental health issues”. She / he always had mental health issues. And instead of dealing with them as we do all other mental health issues, they opted for surgery.  

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I like how they say “now dealing with mental health issues”. She / he always had mental health issues. And instead of dealing with them as we do all other mental health issues, they opted for surgery.  

I don't know that she did opt for the surgery. 

Her parents are on record saying that they "knew he was transgender at two years old." She was 17 when she had her first surgery, so she had to have been on hormones for YEARS prior to that. 

I highly, highly recommend the podcast series "The Witch Trials of JK Rowling."

https://open.spotify.com/show/2K186zrvRgeE2w0wQjbaw7

I learned a bunch from it, including the fact that all of these genders (and things like "cultural appropriation") came from Tumblr, which came off as a female 4chan in the pods.

Also it is amazing how mysoginistic the anti-TERF crowd is.

And I agree with Rowling, whose basic premise is:  do what you want if you are Trans, but stay out of single-sex spaces like sports and prisons.

Lobotomies were once used to treat mental illness. So was shock therapy. That’s here you’re at , libtrards. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I learned a bunch from it, including the fact that all of these genders (and things like "cultural appropriation") came from Tumblr, which came off as a female 4chan in the pods.

And I agree with Rowling, whose basic premise is:  do what you want if you are Trans, but stay out of single-sex spaces like sports and prisons.

Looks interesting - I just downloaded the first couple episodes.  

One thing that stood out to me in the first couple episodes was JK's POV about the dangers of black and white thinking.   Megan Phelps-Roper is an interesting person to have doing this interview too with her background.   Thanks for the rec, @jerryskids

Look closely at the scars...not from surgery..that girl is a freaking mess.  She has been cutting herself for years.

Jesus H.  That poor thing is a mess.

6 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

One thing that stood out to me in the first couple episodes was JK's POV about the dangers of black and white thinking.   Megan Phelps-Roper is an interesting person to have doing this interview too with her background.   Thanks for the rec, @jerryskids

You're welcome, and glad you are enjoying it.  I heard about it from Bari Weiss' "Honestly" podcast which I also enjoy; it and other interesting reports are on their new media outlet "The Free Press". https://www.thefp.com/.  There is another great article there you might enjoy by Jon Haidt about the mental health problem particularly in liberal girls; it also talks about the Witch Trial pods and Tumblr, so I wouldn't read it if you haven't listened to episode 3 yet:

https://www.thefp.com/p/why-the-mental-health-of-liberal

:cheers: 

25 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

You're welcome, and glad you are enjoying it.  I heard about it from Bari Weiss' "Honestly" podcast which I also enjoy; it and other interesting reports are on their new media outlet "The Free Press". https://www.thefp.com/.  There is another great article there you might enjoy by Jon Haidt about the mental health problem particularly in liberal girls; it also talks about the Witch Trial pods and Tumblr, so I wouldn't read it if you haven't listened to episode 3 yet:

https://www.thefp.com/p/why-the-mental-health-of-liberal

:cheers: 

Seems like we ingest similar things.    I've read stuff by Haidt and have recommended it to others, like the book The Coddling of the American Mind.   I am just getting to the Tumblr stuff now in Ep. 3.  

44 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Seems like we ingest similar things.    I've read stuff by Haidt and have recommended it to others, like the book The Coddling of the American Mind.   I am just getting to the Tumblr stuff now in Ep. 3.  

I'm a fan of Haidt; haven't read Coddling yet, but my wife and I listened to his Happiness Hypothesis on a long drive this past summer; very informative. 

12 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Pound for pound, transformers are the best athletes in this country.  

Maybe they just train harder at their sports!! ;)   

Gotta love the post a few below that from ICONS:

Please join our network to help continue to advocate for fair competition for female athletes of every age and every level:

Wait, what?  Do you want to have trans females in your competitions, or are you advocating for fair competition of female athletes?  Both can't be true. 

On 3/17/2023 at 9:21 AM, League Champion said:

I'm pretty sure these are Trans Kids 

To be fair, no one looks good in a mugshot.  

But, yes, all of those Antifa look like creepazoids and pervs.

On 3/17/2023 at 2:05 PM, jerryskids said:

@jerryskids - did you listen to the new one?   I think they get better, and I really liked the interviews with the 2 trans people she had on.  

57 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

@jerryskids - did you listen to the new one?   I think they get better, and I really liked the interviews with the 2 trans people she had on.  

I listened to half of it on the way home just now; finished most of the Natalie talk.  Agree it was very good; Natalie has some well thought-out arguments.  I agree that Rowling's tweets were aggressive and not presented as if she wanted to have an open discussion, and said as much to my wife when we listened to an earlier episode.  I also found the concept of "indirect bias" interesting, I need to think on that and evaluate my own thoughts.  The "just asking questions" comment seemed like she was discussing Tucker.  :D 

9 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I listened to half of it on the way home just now; finished most of the Natalie talk.  Agree it was very good; Natalie has some well thought-out arguments.  I agree that Rowling's tweets were aggressive and not presented as if she wanted to have an open discussion, and said as much to my wife when we listened to an earlier episode.  I also found the concept of "indirect bias" interesting, I need to think on that and evaluate my own thoughts.  The "just asking questions" comment seemed like she was discussing Tucker:D 

I thought that part was interesting as well, and they both focused on the bolded in relation to J.K. on top of making the point of amplification of the exchange (or lack thereof) because of her built-in audience.   The 2nd interview had the additional weight to it for me because of how young they were, but it was also important to hear that POV and what his experience is and how it differed from what people throw around - Tomboy or the uncomfortableness that people like Megan felt.  

One thing that stuck out as a negative in the first interview was she seemed to be saying that she has questions as well as to if trans women should be competing with women, BUT was only interested in having that conversation with people who she thought was on the same page otherwise.  E.g. she wouldn't have that conversation with JK?   I guess I thought if that was what was being said, it seems like a system ripe for only hearing what you want to hear or depending too much on what your assumption about somebody's position is before you have a conversation with them.  Just something that stood out a little.  

• Thanks 1

On 3/17/2023 at 1:05 PM, jerryskids said:

Just started listening to this tonight.  I had heard about it but didn't know if it was worth the time until you posted this.  Interesting side note that I'm surprised you didn't post about.  Not sure if you made the connection but the host/producer of the podcast is a woman named Megan Phelps-Roper.  That name rang a bell with me so I had to look her up.  Turns out she was a prominent member of a cult we've discussed repeatedly here over the years - The Westboro Baptist church.  She left the church in 2012.  What a small world.  Just finished the first episode, which was enlightening.  Will continue with this series.  Thanks for the recommendation.

5 hours ago, Strike said:

Just started listening to this tonight.  I had heard about it but didn't know if it was worth the time until you posted this.  Interesting side note that I'm surprised you didn't post about.  Not sure if you made the connection but the host/producer of the podcast is a woman named Megan Phelps-Roper.  That name rang a bell with me so I had to look her up.  Turns out she was a prominent member of a cult we've discussed repeatedly here over the years - The Westboro Baptist church.  She left the church in 2012.  What a small world.  Just finished the first episode, which was enlightening.  Will continue with this series.  Thanks for the recommendation.

She brings it up a bit and also ties in those experiences to this topic.  One of the best podcasts I've listened to in some time. 

7 hours ago, Strike said:

I didn't make the connection until later when she talked about it, like Buck said.  To me she sounded so much like Bari Weiss that I subconsciously thought it was her most of the time.  :D 

On 3/22/2023 at 4:46 AM, BuckSwope said:

I thought that part was interesting as well, and they both focused on the bolded in relation to J.K. on top of making the point of amplification of the exchange (or lack thereof) because of her built-in audience.   The 2nd interview had the additional weight to it for me because of how young they were, but it was also important to hear that POV and what his experience is and how it differed from what people throw around - Tomboy or the uncomfortableness that people like Megan felt.  

One thing that stuck out as a negative in the first interview was she seemed to be saying that she has questions as well as to if trans women should be competing with women, BUT was only interested in having that conversation with people who she thought was on the same page otherwise.  E.g. she wouldn't have that conversation with JK?   I guess I thought if that was what was being said, it seems like a system ripe for only hearing what you want to hear or depending too much on what your assumption about somebody's position is before you have a conversation with them.  Just something that stood out a little.  

I listened to Nate, the second (younger) interview.  Two things stuck out.  One, several times he deferred to experts (comments like, "the doctors said...") which implied that they were pushing him to a decision.  Two, he had a litany of other problems, which as I'll address below are probably all related.

2 hours ago, BuckSwope said:

She brings it up a bit and also ties in those experiences to this topic.  One of the best podcasts I've listened to in some time. 

Glad you enjoyed it.  My next recommendation, which if possible I recommend even more than the witch trials, is a recent Jordan Harbinger with a psychologist and sexologist named Dr. James Cantor.  From Harbinger's website.

Dr. James Cantor (@jamescantorphd) is a clinical psychologist and sexologist whose research centers on the development of sexual interests, including sexual orientation and paraphilias. He maintains the Sexology Today blog, which focuses on the current state of sex research.

What We Discuss with James Cantor:

• What makes people gay?
  • The differences between gay men and gay women.
  • What should society do about pedophiles who choose to live lives of celibacy rather than act on their urges?
  • Is there a link between autism and gender dysphoria?
  • What’s the deal with asexuality, paraphilia, vorarephilia, and that thing you think about when nobody else is around?
  • And much more…

https://www.jordanharbinger.com/james-cantor-exploring-the-complexities-of-sexual-orientation/

Harbinger does not typically do politics, and several times early on he made comments about possibly being canceled because of this podcast, so I was intrigued.  Basically, I agreed with this Cantor guy 90712384231% on so many things I can't possibly remember them all (except that he is flaming gay, not that there is anything wrong with it, I'm saying I'm not gay, stop judging me$#!$#@!@). 😜

The "what makes people gay" is fascinating evidence pointing to a factor in male-only homosexuality, I won't spoil it.  But back to Nate, he talks about the correlations between autism, anxiety, and maybe some other things with gender dysphoria, the common factor being a discomfort with their "self" in social situations, and that you can't just address the dysphoria outside of that overall system.  He also hates social media and blames it for a lot of the social contagion going on. 

I also agreed with his take on pedophilia, which is the attraction urge, vs. child molestation, which is the act.  2/3 of child molestations are NOT performed by pedophiles.  And I've long thought, as he said, that if we could decouple the urge from the behavior and help treat people with the urge, we can reduce the incidences of molestation (he makes a good argument in favor of child sex dolls for instance). His brainstorming about possible neural explanations for pedophilia near the end of the episode made me reassess my opinion on the topic.

I found myself saying "preach brutha" through the entire episode.  :cheers: 

The Colorado Springs shooter. who identifies as non-binary, was brought to lgbtq clubs as a minor by his non-binary mother. 

I think we can all agree that people who are bullied are a higher risk of being someone who would commit a mass shooting.  Would the increase in trans people committing mass shootings be related to all the negative attention they have been getting recently?  I can't help but think it's a big factor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I think we can all agree that people who are bullied are a higher risk of being someone who would commit a mass shooting.  Would the increase in trans people committing mass shootings be related to all the negative attention they have been getting recently?  I can't help but think it's a big factor.

Bingo.  Bullying is likely the biggest cause of school shootings.  Yet some in the GC said we need more bullying.

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Bingo.  Bullying is likely the biggest cause of school shootings.  Yet some in the GC said we need more bullying.

Bullying is without a doubt a factor. I’d say the biggest. But there was always bullying and we didn’t have this amount of school shootings. There has to be other factors. A smart person would realize this. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

It is a huge factor. But so many here love to engage in it because it makes them feel good to be keyboard warriors picking on those marginalized groups of people. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Bullying is without a doubt a factor. I’d say the biggest. But there was always bullying and we didn’t have this amount of school shootings. There has to be other factors. A smart person would realize this. 

Access to guns?